Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBR Challenge 2012 & training log links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Anybody that has mentioned the competitve side of this table has hit the nail on the head.

It's definitely an incentive not to miss training. I'm way behind on the bike because most of my milage (kilometerage?) is done on a weekend, but I'm now thinking "What if everyone else does there's on a weekend as well as during the week!". Hmmmm.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭mfdc

Does anyone here use Strava? I know it's popular for cyclists but the running side is relatively new, dunno if it's made any kind of impact here. Well, they've got a similar challenge going for January, running and cycling. Thought I might aswell mention it in case any of ye fancy competing against the rest of the world aswell as the SBR challenge :)

(thanks to the boards strava club for pointing this out!)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭actwithoutwords

Right, may as well give this a go. Knees-willing I will hopefully be doing the swimming and cycling legs of sprint and olympic triathlons. My running miles remaining on 0 will be a bit of a handicap, but still. I've been mostly swimming over the last few months, but did some cycling over christmas. Will take a while to get the hang of proper cycle training I think. This should help with motivation anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Hey folks! BUMP.

Thanks for all the hard work last year on this MCOS. I like the new layout. I was thinking during the cycle today we could add in the RHS table the no of swims, cycles, runs completed to date. It would be interesting to see the variance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

I'll added in my hill/forest trail walking/running and my strength training in the total training hours column. Not sure if this is ok or do I just total the time spent swimming, running and cycling? The other training is part of my overall training plan as I have my first adventure race this year too.

I did my first 3 mountain trail runs this week but after about 3 mins I realised I needed to get used to mountain walking before I can run:D so now I'm doing a run/walk strategy of about 90% wallking:D. Obviously not logging this as running but is it ok to put in overall hours training column? Can take it away no problem though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bambaata

You'd be fine adding that in as well as the distance covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Macanri wrote: »
    Hey folks! BUMP.

. I was thinking during the cycle today we could add in the RHS table the no of swims, cycles, runs completed to date. It would be interesting to see the variance.

Hey Macrani, good idea. I've added 2 extra columns to put this optional data in if you like. Rather than have multiple columns I've just incorported those stats into one. So if you do 2 swims, 2 bikes, 2 runs and 1 other core, tennis, soccer etc... in the week just enter 2/2/2/1. I added my sessions so far in as an example

If anyone has any questions or anything about these let me know
    Bambaata wrote: »
    You'd be fine adding that in as well as the distance covered.
    +1 @ Bally 8 The optional data columns are open to whatever you wish to record. I'd include the hill running/walking distance and hours as it is all time off your weekly schedule dedicated to exercise.

Auto rank only ran down to row 43 so sorted that nom in case anyone's stats were not yielding a rank.

35 on the challenge so far, over last year's mark :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Auto rank only ran down to row 43 so sorted that nom in case anyone's stats were not yielding a rank.

35 on the challenge so far, over last year's mark :)

I knew you'd sort it without me having to post on here! :cool: Cheers Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

How come 1000 mile challenge get stickied and we don't? :(

:P

• Advertisement

How come 1000 mile challenge get stickied and we don't? :(

:P

Because we are cool enough not to have fallen off the first page :)

Because we are cool enough not to have fallen off the first page :)

:o:rolleyes: ahem... cough cough

I guess everyone has the challenge bookmarked then!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Its certainly got off to a hard start. I'm looking at the numbers in the top ten thinking 'surely they can't maintain that..' but I know they won't just maintain. Theyll increase. :) I think its going to be a good competitive challenge this year!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

:o:rolleyes: ahem... cough cough

I guess everyone has the challenge bookmarked then!

Bookmarks bar. For easy, one click access. :cool:

Screenshot2012-01-10at225818.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

All right if I add myself in to this? Not training for a tri but it's a good place to track SBR so I'll just put X in. Also let me set expectations, I shall usually be found propping up the table :D

Could someone in the know colour me pink pretty please as I don't want to mess up the nice table

Welcome aboard shazkea! The more the merrier

36 in already this year! Savage going. The new document is deadly too. Really helps it along

shazkea wrote: »
    Also let me set expectations, I shall usually be found propping up the table :D

Psst, you are only propping half of it up ;)

Hi All,

I decided to do up a list of links to the training logs of those on the SBR challenge to make it easy to find them. Its pretty busy in logs lately!

I've asked the Mod to move it to the OP so you all know where it is :)

SBR Challenge 2012 training logs

6 weeks in hell - Abu Dhabi to Conn via Donadea by Izoard
    Swimming, Biking and Running my way to an Ironman by Jackyback
    Blian Faoi Thri by ronanmac
    Tri-ing my best... by couerdelion
    Like a fish out of water.... by Dory Dory
    140.6 deep breaths... by shotgunmcos
    Eddie Rockets! by Bambaata
    The Road less Traveled: IM 2012 by Oryx
    Its about time - IMAT12 by RedB
    Run Fat Boy Run - The lazy mans guide to Ironman and Marathon training. By griffin100
    Run faster, run longer, run stronger by RacoonQueen
    If the tri suit fits, wear it? By insinkerator
    Here goes...again! by Bally8
    Sleepless nights and the National Series...... by NeedsTraining
    a log with no name by Bennymul
    Alanya, Turkey 2013 - My Euro Dream Odessey by El Director
    Back to Basics... by Shazkea
    A little bit of everything, just faster by nerraw1111
    Leenane to Westport and beyond by hardcopy
    The Continuing Adventures of Catweazle by Catweazle

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

move this, delete that, sticky the other... who'd be a mod? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Thanks for that mcos!and RayCun :D

On a separate note I call shenanigans on anyone ahead of me in the table. Ye must be cheating :eek: :o

Want to catch up on the bike, but internship application deadlines are getting in the way! RAWR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

20 training logs??!!:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Raycun - Whatever happened to the moves afoot to make triathlon a forum on its own - has that been knocked on its head???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

catweazle wrote: »
    Raycun - Whatever happened to the moves afoot to make triathlon a forum on its own - has that been knocked on its head???

the wheels of boards admin can move verrrrrrrry veeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slowly sometimes

Does that mean I have to start talking about my cycling and swimming more? It makes me feel like I'm cheating on myself when I do that. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Does that mean I have to start talking about my cycling and swimming more? It makes me feel like I'm cheating on myself when I do that. :(

Only if the biking and swimming escapades have similarly entertaining stories of being hit on by fetish-types in the park....

Izoard wrote: »
    Only if the biking and swimming escapades have similarly entertaining stories of being hit on by fetish-types in the park....

There was a breastsroker in the next lane a few weeks ago who kept brushing off my chest and leg...

Can't take me anywhere, like moths to a flame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

I must say it is great to be able to read so many logs and look at the training others are putting in. The top 5 are already almost out of sight!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

SBR Challenge 2012 training logs

The Continuing Adventures of Catweazle by Catweazle

I remember that catweazle thread....oh so long ago....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Keep meaning to start one up..... maybe this week!

I had started the year with great ambition and enthusiasm. Had a 10 km run pencilled in for the 4th January - 1st day back at work and wanted a good start to the year. Felt a cold coming on but stubborness took over and did the run anyway. The result? Was unable to anything again until today. :(

Anyway, felt okay again today and managed to squeeze in 11km at lunchtime. "Operation catchup" has begun. (My God there's a lot of catching up to do already!)

Advertisement