Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBR Challenge 2012 & training log links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Depends how you treat said commute. I'd log a certain amount of commuting kms. Lots of people would treat their commute as a training session. I used to throw an extra 15 - 20k onto my cycle home from work so I could log it. :pac:

If I was running to and from work I'd be commuting and I'd log them as training miles.

Jeez, if it wasn't for commuting miles, I'd have nothing to log...!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

(Number 1 in the run....won't last long...but for one very brief moment in SBR time I am número UNO. Woo hoo!):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Happy New Year folks

As per the evolution of the 1000mile challenge, the SBR is moving to googledocs this year. It basically tidies it all up and makes life easier for everyone. Just click the link below and away you go! Just enter your boardsie name, distance you plan to aim for and then from there each time you visit, just update your numbers. You don't have to edit rank, colours, totals etc as the table will do most of that automatically (I hope!). We can then use this thread for anything else related to the challenge. Like the Oryx vs RC battle, JB type graphs, BTH's celebrations and updates when I get a spare time :)

Only noticing this bit now! Only gloating as I know it won't last. Just seems I got a bit of a jump on you all at the start of the year, but once you IM'ers get rolling I'll start sliding very quickly.

Also like the nice pink touch for the ladies!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Only noticing this bit now! Only gloating as I know it won't last. Just seems I got a bit of a jump on you all at the start of the year, but once you IM'ers get rolling I'll start sliding very quickly.

Also like the nice pink touch for the ladies!;)

:D hey the celebrations were good. It was just a shame they got buried under the masses of tables in the old version.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

You forgot to highlight JB in pink. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

You forgot to highlight JB in pink. :)

Hey enough of that lady:)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

table borked right now. I blame mfbc :)

Hey mfdc sorry lad' but I had to take out your link to another sheet as it messed with the table. PM me if there is something you want to edit or link to. Maybe test it on another sheet to ensure it works before hyperlinking to the SBR sheet? Could you enter your numbers manually until that works?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭mfdc

Whoops sorry about that, thought I could be fancy and link from another spreadsheet. I opened it up in another browser when logged out to check if it would work and it seemed to... hmm. Oh well, keep it simple I guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Dang, it's only the 5th and I feel horribly inadequate already.

• Advertisement

hardCopy wrote: »
    Dang, it's only the 5th and I feel horribly inadequate already.
    Oh, dont worry, it will all begin to level out, I think everyones just giving it a mad burst to look good. Its a January thing.

I just pinkified the girls on the challenge page too. *wonders how to colour code the boys, by ability or eh, vital statistics.*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Long Run of 35km done, in what wasn't, but felt like 35° heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Doesn't seem to be ordering by SBR points anymore?

Click into the second page titled 'challenge status' and it's ordered by points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Click into the second page titled 'challenge status' and it's ordered by points.

There's more than one page? :eek: It's reet fancy what these new fangled PC's can do on tinterweb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Have I missed something - why am I pink in that one :confused:

Someone must be on to me :o

BTH was pink earlier as well, I think the colour sticks to the cell rather than the name? Someone has fixed me and BTH now though!

CW I think that was just Oryx having a laugh, girlies fixed on both sheets now.

All, yes the 2nd sheet shows positions based on points, it just formats automatically the SBR points column in sheet 1 overall. However sheet 2 will just become a reference point when targets start being hit and I have another column hidden that I am planning how to update the real ranking when the time comes. For now just enjoy logging your stats, having a laugh and a poke at people (who will enter the alternate cardio first, and with what?!). You will be called out for explanation of your extra cardio too :D

JB you are right, the challenge is shaping up to be much more competitive affair this year and with 3 of the ladies in the top 11 so far too

Sorry about the pink. It does stick to the cell. I'll not mess with the code no mores!

Oryx wrote: »
    Sorry about the pink. It does stick to the cell. I'll not mess with the code no mores!

Naughty Girl ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

I'm pink on the second page... :eek::pac:

I'm pink on the second page... :eek::pac:
    I know. My bad. The one time I touch a button and the place blows up...

Would some really clever person like to fix it pretty please before I get in any more trouble? I is only a gurl after all. (and on this phone I can't even view the bloody thing)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

I'm blooming pink as well..
    Does that mean it doesn't count that I'm getting chicked by RQ and her mad running miles??? :)

RQ - is Galway your HIM race ?

Just changed sheet 2 to all black font as the auto fomat is formating source sheet at format level not sex of boardsie level :pac:

Sheet 1 is all that will matter in a few months anyway. Sheet 2 is just for those who want to know what position they are in overall. People could just as easily sort the main table with 4 quick clicks after they post too to organise :rolleyes:

BTH was pink earlier as well, I think the colour sticks to the cell rather than the name? Someone has fixed me and BTH now though!

Aye thats true re: copying format rather than name. So you are using the 1000 thread as your confession box then huh. Im watching you. Rumour has it you're trouble :cool:

Just changed sheet 2 to all black font as the auto fomat is formating source sheet at format level not sex of boardsie level :pac:

Sheet 1 is all that will matter in a few months anyway. Sheet 2 is just for those who want to know what position they are in overall. People could just as easily sort the main table with 4 quick clicks after they post too to organise :rolleyes:
    I aint touchin nuffink.

Fazz wrote: »
    I'm blooming pink as well..
    Does that mean it doesn't count that I'm getting chicked by RQ and her mad running miles??? :)

RQ - is Galway your HIM race ?

Nope, Galway is the same weekend of the National half marathon, can't be having that. Heading to the UK the following weekend.

Aye thats true re: copying format rather than name. So you are using the 1000 thread as your confession box then huh. Im watching you. Rumour has it you're trouble :cool:

Dunno what you're talking about. :D

So what green mark is going to fall first?
    And who is favourite to take the ladies spot?

First green I think will be the swim with interested's welcome back to he challenge...

Asfor the ladies, Oryx for top spot again or have RC and DD got something to say about that?!

:)

I reckon the swim will go green first too. (btw, where is Interested?) Then bike. The run seemed to be the hard target last year, more people hit the other two. (I think)

You tip me? Did you notice how I'm doing so far??? That bloody racoon is far too determined this year..... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

It's disheartening to be behind, or just barely ahead of people who have only logged one category thus far... cheaters:pac:

8th on the bike!! :cool: Anybody that has mentioned the competitve side of this table has hit the nail on the head. Can we log hours spent obsessing over it, as "other cardio" :p

Advertisement