Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBR Challenge 2012 & training log links

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

On my way out the door to hitting at least one gold!!! 3 mile cycle is all thats required but gang of us doing a hilly route so more like
    35m. Now, re swim gold - how to swim 100 km in ten days??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

1 week to go. Apart from a few .ms running I pretty much have my lot in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Well thats me fully updated for the year, included 30k for a short cycle i am doing tomorrow. No more training to be logged for 2012, i hope everyone had a good year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

I added my info, but when I saved it, it created a second Dory Dory!!!! :confused: Now, there just can't be two of us...but the real and up-to-date Dory is the one with the higher mileage. Sorry....can someone fix this please? And make me pink again. :D

Fixed your stats for pink Dory, couldn't delete row though as tablet limited on Google docs.

All done myself too. Put in the 10k easy run I'll do tomorrow on my lunch cause I don't know if I'll have the chance again.

So before 2012 challenge closes and 2013 launches, any further ideas? Or +1s to ideas already in this thread?

• Advertisement

Thank ya darlin'! Hmmmm.....I had thought about getting one more sneaky run in tomorrow when I was less than 4 miles out of first.....but now that you've added some.....:(

8 miles will get it for you. I'm done. Although d.runs and excuse queen are sitting on updates!

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Thank ya darlin'! Hmmmm.....I had thought about getting one more sneaky run in tomorrow when I was less than 4 miles out of first.....but now that you've added some.....:(

Make sure you do, 9 miles will do:)

Eh.....then I'll just sleep in if those two have yet to update. Thanks for the tip! I'm done. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Not much training for me lately, busy little racoon these days :D Guessed my final updates. Rounded down, I hope. Will fix early in the morning when I throw it together if they're wrong! :) And there's one more day to go sure, thats time for a monster swim and run! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Dory Dory wrote: »
    I added my info, but when I saved it, it created a second Dory Dory!!!! :confused: Now, there just can't be two of us...but the real and up-to-date Dory is the one with the higher mileage. Sorry....can someone fix this please? And make me pink again. :D

Had similar problem myself. Couldn't delete the row so just deleted the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Game over for me since being struck down with another throat infection on Saturday evening. Well, not so much another throat infection, but the same one I've had for three months, but its got worse to the point that I can't train right now.

Still 17%/32%/17% increases in totals from 2011. Not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭griffin100

Added the last sessions in yesterday. One green (swimming) and one gold (running).

Funny mix of distances this year. The most running I've ever done in a year (>2,000kms) coupled with an IM off only 1,500kms on the bike. I dont think you're supposed to do more running than biking when training for an IM :) Late year swimming brought me to a swim green.

Roll on 2013!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

I'm finished. Never got the run green, but did my first two runs in over 2 months this week, which made me happy!

Happy New Year to all!

(Any chance of getting the 2013 table up by this evening, so I can log my cheeky 10k cycle and head the board before it's even midnight back in Ireland?)

I'll get my final swim done in a while after work but not going to do the run. Hence 10km taken off and door open cough cough...!!!

Mr Creosote, 2013 Challenge is ready to rumble but I'll have to wait until I get home later to post. You will have your opportunity to lead it out (unless Zico10 beats you to it!)

Well done to all who participated this year, it was the best challenge yet and more than ever hitting targets! Just to make it off road friendly I have MTB and Trail run columns in for 2013. Otherwise the same but tidier.

BTH wrote: »
    Game over for me since being struck down with another throat infection on Saturday evening. Well, not so much another throat infection, but the same one I've had for three months, but its got worse to the point that I can't train right now.

Still 17%/32%/17% increases in totals from 2011. Not bad.

What will I do with all the mince pies I was going to make this evening now? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

What will I do with all the mince pies I was going to make this evening now? :confused:

Even if I can't run Michelle will be running so I plan on being there to support.

Get baking!!

BTH wrote: »
    Even if I can't run Michelle will be running so I plan on being there to support.

Get baking!!

But I still have a swim and a run to try and squeeze in ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

One last run of the year to be squeezed in shortly. Great work by Shotgun on this through the whole year and well done to everyone on what you achieved.

It definitley made a huge difference to me in 2012 and looking forward to a solid consistent 2013 year of training and racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Marginally up in swimming and cycling but no gold for me this year in running, probably would have scraped in but for dropping out of DCM. Race wise it was a bit of a wash out for me but hoping next year will be better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Thanks shotgun for over-seeing this. My first year involved and even though I finished down the bottom it was a great motivator.

My stats:
    2012 2011
    Swim 107.86 km 16.95 km
    Bike 3917.3 km 803.87 km
    Run 831.75 km 772.94 km

Looking forward to much more mileage (kilometerage??) in 2013 :D

Aha d.runs strikes and hands the challenge to Jackyback this year! Barring any monster updates that is :rolleyes: I didn't deserve it since I haven't been on a bike in 3 months :o

Game over. Less running :( a lot more swimming and a bit of extra cycling for me this year.

And wrecking myself and my bike to round off the year when going over/into a massive pothole thing around the corner from the house. Couldn't make it up. :)

2011 swim 310,350 vs this year 374,000 a 17% uplift, bike 2011 8339 vs 8810 this year a 5% uplift and run more or less same, 2011 2398 vs 2415 this year.

Well done MCOS for maintaining the tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

Well done to everyone involved in the SBR challenge, totally amazed at people’s dedication to training.

Stats for me this year in comparison to 2011

Swim – two less swims this year than last. This is the first year I have counted the distance I swam so less said about that the better!! Lesson learned.

Cycle 2011 – 2,742km/ 2012 – 4,119km Increase of 1,377km.

Run 2011- 1,822km/ 2012– 1,918km Increase of 96km.

So how does my performance compare this year to last considering the ‘increased training?’ In short no difference! I have neither improved nor disimproved. At my age I will gladly and gracefully accept that! I have worked at strength and conditioning and this I believe has kept me injury free. I am grateful every time I can step outside my front door, thankful that I have both the health and motivation to keep training. Thank you Shotgunmcos for making it an enjoyable year. Happy new year all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Thanks for setting up and maintaining this MCOS.

Personally my Swim and Bike were down on 2011 but the Run was up marginally.

Swim - 323.4 2012 and 328.0 2011
    Bike - 5102.5 2012 and 6170.3 2011
    Run - 1716.2 2012 and 1692.9 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Thanks again MCOS, super job and it seems to have been reviewed and evolved which is great.

Discipline|2011(km)|2012(km)

Swim|275|294|
    Bike|4,503|3,965|
    Run|1,630|1,020|

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Thanks MCOS for it all. Just wondering, i seem to have been deleted?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wfdrun

Thanks for setting up and maintaining the table MCOS.

this will be very helpful in maintaining my effort to reach tri goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Bambaata wrote: »
    Thanks MCOS for it all. Just wondering, i seem to have been deleted?

Fear????? :D

Advertisement