Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Werewolf: HBO's Deadwood

• 13-04-2019 8:54pm

uroUrUm.jpg

Ruthless mining magnate and man with the golden touch, Mr. George Hearst, rolls into Deadwood with his international gold-mining operation. The relentless Hearst lives and breathes for gold, or 'The Colour' as he calls it, and claims that The Colour talks to him from the earth. Hearst intended to buy up all gold claims in the Deadwood hills with ease, but when he meets some resilient owners who don't want to be strong-armed out of their claims, their livelihoods, this is when everyone feels the worst of George Hearst and the murderous might of his power. George doesn't want some of Deadwood's gold, he must have it all.

As George calls in all connections ranging from sly Deadwood proprietors to fearless agents-for-hire in order to help achieve his golden goals, Deadwood's villagers band together and set aside personal differences to rise up and protect everything they've struggled to build for themselves out of the blood and dirt.

Here are your teams and characters…

George Hearst's Wolves

z8nv2Bk.png

George Hearst - The mining magnate reveres his secrecy. Should anyone lay eyes on him, they will meet very deadly consequences. However, such a public outburst would leave Hearst with nowhere to hide from Deadwood's inhabitants were it to occur.

'The Captain' Joe Turner - George Hearst's Personal Bodyvig. The Captain is a fearless, murderous mountain of a man and George's chief lieutenant. Every second day from Day 1, The Captain can choose to either 1) Make a protect order, or 2) Lay down one hell of a beating on a chosen target which may result in death.

Cy Tolliver - Proprietor of the Bella Union Saloon. Whichever way the future tides are swaying, that is the direction sly Cy sets course for no matter how dark the moon is which pulls them there. Smile to your face, knife to your back, and as such it will take two peeks to finally reveal Cy's true allegiance. What's more, should Cy himself get his hands on a bullet and shoot it into Joanie Stubbs by Day 5's munch, he will win an extra kill for the wolves. Alternatively - If the wolves munch Joanie by Day 5 while Cy is still alive, they will win that extra kill.

Miss Alice Isringhausen
    - Every second night from Night 0, the soft-spoken, cunning secret agent can seduce a target into forgetting what their role in Deadwood is. As a result, any due power or action from her target will be blocked. Her block also gives her the ability to expel villagers from any behind-the-scenes quarters they may be plotting in with other villagers.

SK

fa9vyfN.jpg?1

Francis Wolcott. The esteemed but dishonourable Mr. Wolcott avails of the services on offer from the working girls in Deadwood's dives, just like many of the camp's other visitors. The difference with Francis though is that he just can't stop murdering them. As such, Mr. Wolcott will gain an extra kill for each female character he successfully targets for his daily kill, up to 2 extra kills to be awarded in game.

Any extra kills will be announced at the proceeding traditional munch time of 10am, but who knows what time Francis will strike at for his conventional daily kills...

Village

PzgKNHT.png

Seth Bullock - Sheriff of Deadwood.
    The noble but short-fused Bullock came to Deadwood to escape life as a Sheriff in Montana and start afresh as a man who literally sells shovels during a goldrush. However, murderous events in Deadwood soon saw the Sheriff's badge brace Bullock's chest once again. He now spends his days in Deadwood dishing out swift, deadly justice.

Alma Garret - Deadwood Seer. Because of her heavily sought-after gold claim in the Deadwood hills, Alma has had encounters with all of Deadwood's characters, both good and bad, and as a result can see their true intentions from Night 0. She needs to be very careful though that she doesn't lay eyes on George Hearst at anytime.

Al Swearengen - Proprietor of the Gem Saloon. Nobody screws over Al's town or its Hooplehead inhabitants. Otherwise, who would Al drain his living from? Rather than delegate to his henchmen, Al is no stranger to stepping in and handling bloody matters himself should the need arise: He will be keeping his trusty blade close by and sharpened should the very rare occasion call for it at any hour of the day. What's more, Al has his own office upstairs in the Gem Saloon where he will have company from the beginning...

Jewel 'The Gimp'. Al's sounding board and floor-mopper at the Gem Saloon. From the beginning of the game, Al and Jewel will share a backroom in Al's office. Al will be free to wax lyrical. However, due to Jewel's affliction, Al doesn't pay heed to much that Jewel actually says herself. Completion of an on-thread task could change this in Jewel's favour though.

Dan Dority - Bodyguard. Al Swearengen's right-hand man at the Gem. Should Dan manage to successfully protect Al, Seth Bullock, Jewel or himself, he will gain entry to Al's office until killed or power-blocked. If Dan gains entry while both Al and Jewel are still alive, Al will tell Jewel in no polite or uncertain terms to give he and Dan privacy to talk in the office, and to drag that damn leg of hers out the door for good.

Joanie Stubbs - Formidable Survivor. Joanie originally came to Deadwood as the madame of Cy Tolliver's troupe of girls at the Bella Union, but has since broken away to start a good life for herself very much to Cy's chagrin. Joanie is immune to one kill hit from the SK Francis Wolcott, but should George Hearst's wolves target Joanie for munch by Day 5 while Cy Tolliver is still alive, they will gain an extra kill to be used at the next munch. However, if Joanie gets past munch on Day 5 untouched, she will receive a bullet to use herself which could prove vital for the village in the end game.

Doc Cochran - Beatdown Healer. The Doc usually keeps many of Deadwood's residents walking and breathing. Should Doc arrive on the scene and manage to reach the victim in time, he will be able to heal any victim of the Captain's beatdown...on one occasion. The beatdown victim will survive, but such a public assault would leave them bare for all eyes to see.

Calamity Jane - Parity Inspector. Starting on Night 0, Jane can investigate one player every second night with parity inspection. This will reveal whether the allegiance of Jane's target matches that of the previous target. Her first target on Night 0 has nothing to compare to, so she will not receive any result until her second action.

Ellsworth - Gold Claim Protector. As long as Ellsworth remains alive, the Goldrush prizes are limited to 1 possible win in total for Hearst's wolf team.

NRVs: For role playing and immersion purposes as well as the SK kill mechanics, NRVs have been assigned other character names from HBO's Deadwood.

Win Conditions -

Village: Eliminate Hearst, his wolves and the SK Francis Wolcott.
    Wolves: Eliminate the SK Francis Wolcott and gain parity with the village.
    SK: Gain parity with all remaining teams.

The Goldrush Competition

UjXKCLB.jpg?1

All Deadwood inhabitants will have the chance to dig for some gold which will be offered twice a day until no more can be found. 'Gold' is offered in the form of powerful prizes. Some are unique and some can be found more than once.

How to enter: In order to 'dig for gold', during the Goldrush times listed below you may PM the WerewolfGM account a whole number, just once per Goldrush session. The player who submits the lowest unique whole number by the end of a Goldrush session will secure a prize. We will only accept one PM entry per player for each Goldrush. The mods have already picked '0'.

- If no unique entries exist, the people who jointly submitted the highest number, will be entered into a draw and the winner will be drawn between them at random.

- Once we contact the winner, they will need to PM us back asap with a number from 1-30, and this number will used to select their prize from those which remain.

- Once a prize is selected and returned to the player, it has an expiry date of 5 hours. If we receive no further instruction from the prize winner within 5 hours, the prize is lost from the game.

- The villager Ellsworth is the 'gold-claim protector'. Sounds like a tough job, but all Ellsworth needs to do is remain alive. Once he does this, Hearst's wolves can only ever win 1 prize from those on offer. However, that doesn't mean that the village/SK can scoop up all of the others...

- The wolves can still submit PM entries for the Goldrush even if they have won their limit of 1 prize and Ellsworth remains alive. What is the point? While they cannot win another prize, they can still deprive the village/SK of a prize; If any member of Hearst's wolves submits a winning entry in a Goldrush but can't win the prize, the prize will be lost from the game instead of going to the villager/SK who would have won had the wolves not entered.

Goldrush times: Each day from 12:30:00pm-1:29:59pm and 4:30:00pm-5:29:59pm.

Game Rules:

1. When you die, you are out of the game. Please don’t continue to post. Dead people can’t talk! We will grant you deadroom access asap.

2. We have 20 players so we encourage you all to get as involved as you can and contribute to the game. Try to get a vote in as a minimum each day. 2 missed votes may mean a player could be modkilled or replaced by a sub, depending on mod discretion. We will judge each missed vote on a case by case basis. Also, please try to make a minimum of 5 posts per day.

3. No cheating. This is game that requires honesty and relies heavily on the players having integrity. So, as well as any other cheating, no PMing other players and no chatting about the game anywhere off thread while the game is going on. We have provide a deadroom and this is the ONLY safe place that any discussions may take place about this game while it is live. See rule 5 on who to ask for access.

4. All players will receive PMs throughout the game, please no copying and pasting of PMs that we send you, nor will you be allowed copy and paste anything from any backroom you may or may not have. If you want to discuss the content of a PM with the village, please discuss it with the Mods first before discussing any PMs on thread.

5. All questions can be sent directly to the WerewolfGM if you are unsure about anything. Mods for this game are Stu Redman, sKeith, quickbeam and deconduo, but to be sure of one of us seeing your query use the WerewolfGM account and we will try answer you as soon as we can. Please be patient.

6. Policy on Abuse: Boards has a no-abuse rule in place that is in effect in this forum as well. By all means, call people on dodgy behavior, point out if they are being silly or behaving strangely, be aggressive in your approach; but DO NOT abuse another player. If you feel another player has stepped over a line, the first step is to ask them to stop; if they do not, please PM a forum mod (Sullivlo/Pter/quickbeam) or use the report button on the post in question. Forum mods will investigate and action any issues at an appropriate time, keeping the game mods informed of any actions as needed.

7. This is an Anon game. Every player will have a WW alias to play under and this will be PMed to you along with any in game role you have been given.

8. No posting in your regular Boards account...i.e. no posting as Stu Redman, post as Stuart WW.

9. NO EDITING POSTS. You won’t be able to in your anon account, but if you slip and post in your regular Boards account, don’t delete or edit it. Log back into your anon account, quote the slipped post(s) and announce to the thread that you slipped and that the posts should be attributed to your given anon account, this should be done as soon as possible after the slip. Failure to do so within a timely manner, or repeated slips may be punished.

10. No sharing your lynch passwords or COP accounts with anyone. All actions must be done by you and only you. Use the lynch password given to you. Incorrect passwords may invalidate your vote.

11. Votes will be published after we announce the lynch, as soon as we can be sure they are correct! Please be patient as to publish incorrect data would be worse than any delay.

12. Have fun guys, we encourage you to have fun poking, memes, gifs, videos and such and such.

13. In the event of a tied lynch vote, the last vote cast between the two tied players will decide the lynch. I.e. Duffy WW and Joey WW get 4 votes each but Joey WW received the last vote, then Joey WW will be lynched.

Conventional Munch will take place at 10am and Lynch at 9pm.

Players this game:
    Abigail WW
    Angus WW
    Barbara WW
    Brendan WW
    Conor WW
    Derry WW
    Desmond WW
    Eva WW
    Ewan WW
    Frank WW
    Gertrude WW
    Holly WW
    Katie WW
    Mary WW
    Orla WW
    Phil WW
    Steve WW
    Tegan WW
    Vernon WW
    Wendy WW

Lynch form at: https://forms.gle/AovnQkb8pSiPbAiR9

Good luck and enjoy the game :)
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Monday 15th April:

10:01 -
    Derry WW killed
    13:39 -
    Barbara WW killed
    15:08 -
    Orla WW killed
    15:22 -
    Eva WW killed
    21:00 -
    Vernon WW killed

Tuesday 16th April

10:01 -
    Frank WW is killed
    21:02 -
    Ewan WW is killed
    23:15 -
    Conor WW is killed

Wednesday 17th April

10:00 -
    Wendy WW is killed; Angus WW is killed
    15:59 -
    Phil WW is killed
    21:00 -
    Tegan WW is killed

Thursday 18th April

Holly WW is killed
    21:01 -
    Katie WW is killed
    22:16 -
    Abigail is killed

Friday 19th April

Mary WW is killed
    16:39 -
    Gertrude WW is killed
    16:42 -
    Game Over

---

Breakdown of events
    Who's Who

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

quickbeam wrote: »
    And ... play.

First.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    First.

Does that mean your a wolf?

:pac:

P0KJ.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

As I open my eyes on what is expected to be yet another day of the same routine, the same monotony, I can’t help but feel today will be different. My legs in almost an autonomous fashion swing around and the bare skin of the bottoms of my feet touch the cold, course wood of the floor boards.
    Walking over to the window, looking out and seeing dawn breaking over a sleepy deadwood.

Yes, I quietly say to myself, today maybe the day.

• Advertisement

Abigail WW wrote: »

My a wolf what?!

As I open my eyes on what is expected to be yet another day of the same routine, the same monotony, I can’t help but feel today will be different. My legs in almost an autonomous fashion swing around and the bare skin of the bottoms of my feet touch the cold, course wood of the floor boards.
    Walking over to the window, looking out and seeing dawn breaking over a sleepy deadwood.

Very strange first post.

And no. It just means a hangover woke me and I was perusing boards whilst wallowing and I noticed qb had called game on.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Morning all.

I know nothing bout Deadwood, and have to admit I thought this was a Westworld game briefly.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Howdy folks!

• Advertisement

Are there characters who narate in Deadwood? always meant to watch it but the fact that it was abruptly cancelled made me go another way each time.

Phil WW wrote: »
    Morning all.

I know nothing bout Deadwood, and have to admit I thought this was a Westworld game briefly.

giphy.gif

My brain's autocorrect keeps going to Deadpool when I start to type the name.

giphy.gif

My brain's autocorrect keeps going to Deadpool when I start to type the name.

minifig-deadpool-cowboy-kopf_800x.jpg?v=1550858684

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Hello all!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Morning ya'll. Sure is unseasonably early to be awake this time of day.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Morning all! Don’t really know much about deadwood so any references will be pretty much over my head. Just assume we’re all in a spaghetti western I guess.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

tenor.gif?itemid=8729471

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Morning all!

I've been trying to find somewhere to watch Deadwood but I can only getting partial clips on youtube. :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Morning everyone.

Derry WW wrote: »
    Morning all!

I've been trying to find somewhere to watch Deadwood but I can only getting partial clips on youtube. :(

It's on now tv if you have it

• Advertisement

Shaking my head to try to get the voices out, I wonder to myself if I've always narrated and why doed the word meme keep coming to my mind. Was it an insult Al used in the past or somrthing only a wolf would know, or was I a wolf but I was trying to fool myself amongst others. What a strange day it was indeed. Had the indians spiked our watet supply or Al tampered eith the liquor.
    Possibly that new store owner was trying to send me crazy so he could sell me a cure.

Did I need some laudium or should I keep my head clesr and go outside to interact with this people with the strange WW symbol on their clothes.

As I thought this I instinctively reached down and felt a WW emblazoned on my chest also. Here goes, into reality I go, I hope.

It's on now tv if you have it

I don't, but it looks like I can get a 14 day free trial. Sunday viewing sorted!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    I don't, but it looks like I can get a 14 day free trial. Sunday viewing sorted!

Might try and watch it after I finish “our planet”. I heard a spoiler that
    we all die in the end
    but I’m trying to not let that ruin my enjoyment.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Go Gertrude is weird

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Go Gertrude is weird

Maybe too much Laudium

Shaking my head to try to get the voices out, I wonder to myself if I've always narrated and why doed the word meme keep coming to my mind. Was it an insult Al used in the past or somrthing only a wolf would know, or was I a wolf but I was trying to fool myself amongst others. What a strange day it was indeed. Had the indians spiked our watet supply or Al tampered eith the liquor.
    Possibly that new store owner was trying to send me crazy so he could sell me a cure.

Did I need some laudium or should I keep my head clesr and go outside to interact with this people with the strange WW symbol on their clothes.

As I thought this I instinctively reached down and felt a WW emblazoned on my chest also. Here goes, into reality I go, I hope.

tenor.gif?itemid=5502012

There is usually 1 weirdo early on. Cue discussion on if they want to be killed, if they are doing a task etc

Sure at least it's something other than people just saying hi

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Go Gertrude is weird

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/4yuHAL1vuI2Yg&quot; width="480" height="431" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/about-me-deadwood-al-swearengen-4yuHAL1vuI2Yg">via GIPHY</a></p>

I'm quite enjoying Gertrude's narration. Keep swigging back the laudanum Gerty - tell us what happens next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Note: Just to clarify, the Goldrush sessions do not begin until Day 1, tomorrow.

• Advertisement

tenor.gif?itemid=5502012

There is usually 1 weirdo early on. Cue discussion on if they want to be killed, if they are doing a task etc

Sure at least it's something other than people just saying hi

I like when people act weird, cause it gives us something to use latter on. In what direction, god knows. But its something to discuss as the game goes on.

Advertisement