Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: HBO's Deadwood

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Good morning everyone. It’s very hard to get a read on people this game for some reason. I thought it was just because I can’t spend as much time as usual on it, but other people seem to be having he same problem. Hopefully we’ll get some useful data from goldrush today.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    Not quite. If the wolves didn’t select 2 to block it then either im a wolf (I’m not) or des has to be since if they didn’t block 2 they’re unlikely to block 3 as a strategy. Vernon’s mistake means it’s pretty uncertain her though. I’m hoping seer took a peek at des (I’m also a viable candidate for that but it won’t give us anything useful)

My point was that, each of Des, Eva and Conor must be wolves if a wolf tied with you and no wolf was on 2. In that they must have been wolves who were scared not to go with the number they were assigned. That can't be true because Eva wasn't a wolf. So if a wolf tied with you then there was definitely a wolf left over to take number 2, which I think is the most likely scenario.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

GR1

If Vernon had sent the PM he would have either won the prize for the village or Mary was a wolf. Because he is good, dead good but good.

He didn't so either Mary is a wolf, A wolf voted no.2 and got lucky or Des is a wolf.

GR2 sees some of the same names used again and another fail. How do people think the next Goldrush should be approached? gotta get some prizes

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Not quite. If the wolves didn’t select 2 to block it then either im a wolf (I’m not) or des has to be since if they didn’t block 2 they’re unlikely to block 3 as a strategy. Vernon’s mistake means it’s pretty uncertain her though. I’m hoping seer took a peek at des (I’m also a viable candidate for that but it won’t give us anything useful)

Vernon obviously made a genuine mistake, but there's no way wolves didn't cover 1-4. The chances of someone making a mistake was low, but they had to position themselves 1-4 to give them the best chance. They would have had ZERO chance of winning by doing otherwise.

Was the run order for the second round the same as the first? My take would be that if we say a wolf won, they again HAD to be in 1-4 unopposed.
    Frank WW wrote: »
    Phil, you had a go at Abigail for messing up the tags on her FFA. That's fine why didn't you quote her post and put the hashtag the right way around. That would have ensured that it would be found in a search of the hashtag. Strange that you would highlight such a potential issue and then not do something about it. One might think you're not actually that worried about it and just want a reason to suspect someone.

Hi Frank, welcome to Werewolf :pac:

My default position is to suspect everyone. I absolutely look for reasons to suspect everyone. It wasn't enough to put Abi into my FFA, but I felt it worth noting as a flag. Should have quoted it, fair point there.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

My point was that, each of Des, Eva and Conor must be wolves if a wolf tied with you and no wolf was on 2. In that they must have been wolves who were scared not to go with the number they were assigned. That can't be true because Eva wasn't a wolf. So if a wolf tied with you then there was definitely a wolf left over to take number 2, which I think is the most likely scenario.

I get your point except that only the winner has to be a wolf in that scenario so we don’t have information on Eva and Conor either way (Eva being confirmed village however). I’d agree though that a wolf taking number 2 seems most likely, hence why I think gold rush 2 is more informative

• Advertisement

Phil WW wrote: »
    Vernon obviously made a genuine mistake, but there's no way wolves didn't cover 1-4. The chances of someone making a mistake was low, but they had to position themselves 1-4 to give them the best chance. They would have had ZERO chance of winning by doing otherwise.

Was the run order for the second round the same as the first? My take would be that if we say a wolf won, they again HAD to be in 1-4 unopposed.

Hi Frank, welcome to Werewolf :pac:

My default position is to suspect everyone. I absolutely look for reasons to suspect everyone. It wasn't enough to put Abi into my FFA, but I felt it worth noting as a flag. Should have quoted it, fair point there.

I know you should suspect everyone. What I am worried about is that you raised a valid concern about Abigail's hashtag and it being hard to search at a later date. Having raised the concern you didn't do anything about it despite there being a very easy fix to what you thought could be an issue.

I get your point except that only the winner has to be a wolf in that scenario so we don’t have information on Eva and Conor either way (Eva being confirmed village however). I’d agree though that a wolf taking number 2 seems most likely, hence why I think gold rush 2 is more informative

Fair enough. One of the top four in goldrush 2 has to be a wolf, unless the first prize was to block the second gold rush. This seems unlikely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Hearst and his wolves had Frank surrounded. The outcome was inevitable...

Frank WW is dead

He was
    Seth Bullock - Sheriff of Deadwood

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Well that's not so good

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Hearst and his wolves had Frank surrounded. The outcome was inevitable...

Frank WW is dead

He was
    Seth Bullock - Sheriff of Deadwood

Ah balls

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

haven't seen the show but Feels like Deadwood is the kinda place that needs a Sheriff. Really gotta get a wolf next try, thank feck the SK is dead

Anyone not on a phone able to check franks posts for "peeks" ?

N.B. just because he wasn't the seer, doesn't mean that the wolves weren't seer hunting

SK dead, town vig dead.

Like it or not, SK dead does take some killing power away from the village as who knows where the SKs shots might have landed

Hopefully seer is well hidden and is getting some good live peeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Lynch form is now open: https://forms.gle/AovnQkb8pSiPbAiR9

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Explain this to me again Frank. Why MUST one of me or Conor be wolves ? I am not getting this.

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Explain this to me again Frank. Why MUST one of me or Conor be wolves ? I am not getting this.

Desmond, keep reading....

Desmond, keep reading....

Yeh, just noticed I might be waiting awhile for a reply.

Why are people focusing on Gold Rush 1 ? Its a waste of time. Vernons mistake made it void because spot 2 was free. I always said my Gold rush plan could be manipulated to cast shade on players. The plan was about trying to have some sort of plan and being able to get some information from the strategy.

If we are understanding the rules correct then Gold Rush 2 has to have a wolf in 1-4. If the rules are that only a unique number can win the prize then one of the 1-4 goldrush people was a wolf. Before we go off in tangent, somebody tell me how thats not the case ?!

Yeh, just noticed I might be waiting awhile for a reply.

Why are people focusing on Gold Rush 1 ? Its a waste of time. Vernons mistake made it void because spot 2 was free. I always said my Gold rush plan could be manipulated to cast shade on players. The plan was about trying to have some sort of plan and being able to get some information from the strategy.

If we are understanding the rules correct then Gold Rush 2 has to have a wolf in 1-4. If the rules are that only a unique number can win the prize then one of the 1-4 goldrush people was a wolf. Before we go off in tangent, somebody tell me how thats not the case ?!

I'd be in agreement with you right now.

Who were 1-4 again?

Who were 1-4 again?

#1 Brendan
    #2 Conor
    #3 Vernon
    #4 ewan
    #5 Desmond

Someone help me with my logic here. It does rely on me not being a wolf but I know that’s true so I’m going to run with it

Gr1:
    Mary
    Vernon
    Des
    Eva
    Conor

Gr2:
    Brendan
    Conor
    Vernon
    Ewan
    Des

From gr2 we know there’s a wolf in Brendan Conor and ewan

If Brendan or Conor are wolves it’s unlikely ewan is since he volunteered for gr2 to ensure we had coverage. Similarly if ewan is a wolf it’s unlikely Brendan or Conor are.

If Conor is a wolf and the wolves relied on a slip by Vernon in gr1 then it’s impossible for him to pick 5 in gr1 and still use that strategy.

But if he didn’t pick 5 and there was no slip he’d be caught when number 6 won the prize

So Conor is unlikely to be a wolf
    Which gives one wolf from ewan and Brendan

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Sorry folks I've been very inactive so far, but feeling a bit more alive today so should be way more active. Anyone not involved in gold rush 1 and 2 yesterday should get priority in slots 1-5 IMO.

Analysing frank posts
    You didn't do anything to me, nobody has thus far that I am aware of. I believed Vernon when he said it was a mistake. I did have some doubts but that he was probably good. I've said I thought Des was good for a while because of the plan he suggested. You weren't happy with Orla being shot despite it resulting in a lynch that we might be able to learn something from, which is also something you wanted to happen. There couldn't have been a credible second lynch candidate because we were always going to lynch Orla is she was still alive. Yet, you were unhappy with the one way that we wouldn't all be voting for Orla. That may be because you were then worried that someone on your team might be lynched. Obviously not the case with Vernon, who definitely didn't need to be lynched as you suggest.

This post is in response to Brendan. If wolves suspected him as seer then there could be soft peeks of Vernon villager, Brendan wolf in this

quote="Frank WW;109943740"]That's what irks you? I haven't seen you mention it until now. It seems like now you're trying to switch to a different reason for being unhappy with it now that your first reason seems contrary to your lynch race idea. There was never going to be another candidate beside Orla for the lynch, so there would have been no reactions to get. You saw how much of a mess the goldrush became with people not showing up and the likes, yet you think we can coordinate a second lynch candidate on day one to go against a mod-confirmed serial killer.[/quote]

More responding to Brendan. If Brendan is a wolf they may have believed that even if he didn't peek Brendan, he was going to go hard on him regardless

quote="Frank WW;109943783"]Time for a long shot theory. Ewan and Brendan on the same team. Ewan has mentioned Brendan, Desmond and Vernon a lot as his suspects and then voted for him when there was little chance of Brendan being lynched. I believe Desmond is good, and we know Vernon was good so I'm guessing this thing is a way of distancing teammates.[/quote]

This was a post analysis of ewans contributions. Again it puts Brendan on the wold list

quote="Frank WW;109943930"]#1 - mary
    #2 - vernon (confirmed good), but didn't send pm
    #3 - desmond
    #4 - eva (confirmed good)
    #5 - conor

Vernon not selecting number 2 means that either a wolf did, or mary is a wolf. I don't know much about Mary either way so not sure which is more likely there. The only way Mary wouldn't have won the prize then is if a wolf selected number 1 also. If a wolf did there you can almost guarantee that a different wolf chose number 2 and thus the wolves won.

If on the off chance a wolf tied with Mary and then no wolf selected number 2 then 3/4/5 must be wolves because why would the wolves skip number 2 and hand the prize to Vernon. Given that Eva was good it can be assumed that this isn't the case. So we can safely say a wolf chose number 2. Even if Mary, Desmond and Conor were all wolves then it would have been a fourth wolf who selected number 2 so neither Desmond or Conor would have had to move up. The point of this is that neither Desmond nor Conor, if wolves needed to move up for a wolf to select numbers 1 and 2. This means that in my mind, Desmond and Conor can only be 1/2 of 2 wolves. Now that doesn't mean a huge amount but it rules them out of two potential wolf roles (doesn't rule them out of specific ones) but for them instead of it being possible they could be any four of the wolves they could only be two of them.[/quote]

Quoting this for game solvery. But there might be a hint of Mary wolf in here

quote="Frank WW;109944273"]Fair enough. One of the top four in goldrush 2 has to be a wolf, unless the first prize was to block the second gold rush. This seems unlikely though.[/quote]

Which list is gold rush 2 ? :)

Can I please edit that to fix the quotes ?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Who were 1-4 again?
    #1 Brendan
    #2 Conor
    #3 Vernon
    #4 ewan
    #5 Desmond
    Someone help me with my logic here. It does rely on me not being a wolf but I know that’s true so I’m going to run with it

Gr1:
    Mary
    Vernon
    Des
    Eva
    Conor

Gr2:
    Brendan
    Conor
    Vernon
    Ewan
    Des

From gr2 we know there’s a wolf in Brendan Conor and ewan

If Brendan or Conor are wolves it’s unlikely ewan is since he volunteered for gr2 to ensure we had coverage. Similarly if ewan is a wolf it’s unlikely Brendan or Conor are.

If Conor is a wolf and the wolves relied on a slip by Vernon in gr1 then it’s impossible for him to pick 5 in gr1 and still use that strategy.

But if he didn’t pick 5 and there was no slip he’d be caught when number 6 won the prize

So Conor is unlikely to be a wolf
    Which gives one wolf from ewan and Brendan

Perhaps I can clear this up then:

I'm Reverend Smith, an NRV.

I get why I'd be suspicious due to my placing but I won nothing yesterday as someone blocked my number.

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Can I please edit that to fix the quotes ?

repost it :P
    Brendan WW wrote: »

I get why I'd be suspicious due to my placing but I won nothing yesterday as someone blocked my number.

Oh, I don't like that at all.....

Oh, I don't like that at all.....

:confused: Care to elaborate?

We've lost enough villagers now I'm not getting walked into a mislynch because of this.

Now with fixed quotes
    Analysing frank posts
    That's what irks you? I haven't seen you mention it until now. It seems like now you're trying to switch to a different reason for being unhappy with it now that your first reason seems contrary to your lynch race idea. There was never going to be another candidate beside Orla for the lynch, so there would have been no reactions to get. You saw how much of a mess the goldrush became with people not showing up and the likes, yet you think we can coordinate a second lynch candidate on day one to go against a mod-confirmed serial killer.

This post is in response to Brendan. If wolves suspected him as seer then there could be soft peeks of Vernon villager, Brendan wolf in this
    That's what irks you? I haven't seen you mention it until now. It seems like now you're trying to switch to a different reason for being unhappy with it now that your first reason seems contrary to your lynch race idea. There was never going to be another candidate beside Orla for the lynch, so there would have been no reactions to get. You saw how much of a mess the goldrush became with people not showing up and the likes, yet you think we can coordinate a second lynch candidate on day one to go against a mod-confirmed serial killer.

More responding to Brendan. If Brendan is a wolf they may have believed that even if he didn't peek Brendan, he was going to go hard on him regardless
    Time for a long shot theory. Ewan and Brendan on the same team. Ewan has mentioned Brendan, Desmond and Vernon a lot as his suspects and then voted for him when there was little chance of Brendan being lynched. I believe Desmond is good, and we know Vernon was good so I'm guessing this thing is a way of distancing teammates.

This was a post analysis of ewans contributions. Again it puts Brendan on the wold list
    #1 - mary
    #2 - vernon (confirmed good), but didn't send pm
    #3 - desmond
    #4 - eva (confirmed good)
    #5 - conor

Vernon not selecting number 2 means that either a wolf did, or mary is a wolf. I don't know much about Mary either way so not sure which is more likely there. The only way Mary wouldn't have won the prize then is if a wolf selected number 1 also. If a wolf did there you can almost guarantee that a different wolf chose number 2 and thus the wolves won.

If on the off chance a wolf tied with Mary and then no wolf selected number 2 then 3/4/5 must be wolves because why would the wolves skip number 2 and hand the prize to Vernon. Given that Eva was good it can be assumed that this isn't the case. So we can safely say a wolf chose number 2. Even if Mary, Desmond and Conor were all wolves then it would have been a fourth wolf who selected number 2 so neither Desmond or Conor would have had to move up. The point of this is that neither Desmond nor Conor, if wolves needed to move up for a wolf to select numbers 1 and 2. This means that in my mind, Desmond and Conor can only be 1/2 of 2 wolves. Now that doesn't mean a huge amount but it rules them out of two potential wolf roles (doesn't rule them out of specific ones) but for them instead of it being possible they could be any four of the wolves they could only be two of them.

Quoting this for game solvery. But there might be a hint of Mary wolf in here
    Fair enough. One of the top four in goldrush 2 has to be a wolf, unless the first prize was to block the second gold rush. This seems unlikely though.

Which list is gold rush 2 ? :)

In summation, I think Brendan should be top of the getting got list today with a side of ewan

In summation, I think Brendan should be top of the getting got list today with a side of ewan

Twould be a mistake, as I said - I'm an NRV.

Not useful in the grander scheme of things but I'd prefer not to be just another mislynch given the sh1tshow that was yesterday :(

• Advertisement

Brendan WW wrote: »

I wonder did the wolves get a list of claimable nrvs to counter a claim fest

Advertisement