Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: HBO's Deadwood

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    I completely understand that I’m now in the firing line but if I were a wolf I’d stay schtum. Eva is pretty locked on to be Doc so the seer has only to check out one of the other 3 of us. I wouldn’t be reducing those odds further by bringing this much attention on myself.

To be fair here. If you were a wolf, saying you hadn't won would have been more confusing than what you've said. Then we'd have more doubts about the gold competition.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    Well, good to see we got the SK, even if it unfortunate that the doctor has lost their power. Not the worst outcome though.

I like Des because it was a good plan for the gold. However, it is possible they and Vernon are in cahoots. I mean this plan isn't very well thought out but maybe they devised a plan to get 5 people given the top five and hope that a wolf got in there and then the other wolves could double up the numbers ahead of their wolf. It wouldn't work if no wolves got in the 5 or if the wolf got number 5 and there was only one wolf in the 5. However, this is a longshot and on balance I think Des is good. Vernon on the other hand, the story seems believable, but it could have been planned. I'd like to reserve judgement until we see if anyone claims the prize.

I tend to lean the other way, Des clearly has good comprehension skills for the OP yet missed out on the George Hearst thing.

I don't trust him one bit tbh.

I want to believe Vernon if I'm honest, call me crazy or naive or whatever but I don't think a wolf comes out with that sort of excuse.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

I completely understand that I’m now in the firing line but if I were a wolf I’d stay schtum. Eva is pretty locked on to be Doc so the seer has only to check out one of the other 3 of us. I wouldn’t be reducing those odds further by bringing this much attention on myself.

Seer could peak 1 of the three of us , dont you mean 4 ?

#1 - mary - confirmed & available
    #2 - Vernon - confirmed & available
    #3 - Desmond - confirmed & available
    #4 - eva - confirmed & available (Team village)
    #5 - conor - confirmed & available

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

That's another minus in my Vernon column.

Absolute joke.

Brendan WW wrote: »
    I tend to lean the other way, Des clearly has good comprehension skills for the OP yet missed out on the George Hearst thing.

I don't trust him one bit tbh.

I want to believe Vernon if I'm honest, call me crazy or naive or whatever but I don't think a wolf comes out with that sort of excuse.

So I come up with a strategy that makes it harder for wolves to get the gold, vernon screws it up and Im the one you find dodgy ? . .

There is nothing I enjoy more in WW then a good old proper foe . .

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Eva as close to confirmed villager can you ask the rest to not all just bandwagon Orla. Thanks.

We get no data off a one sided lynch.

How would this work? How do we arrange for some people to vote Orla and others not to? Who get the pleasure of voting for her?

Desmond WW wrote: »
    So I come up with a strategy that makes it harder for wolves to get the gold, vernon screws it up and Im the one you find dodgy ? . .

giphy.gif

Va41p5JAr6fc.gif

Conor and Vern; wolves4lyfe

Eva WW wrote: »
    How would this work? How do we arrange for some people to vote Orla and others not to? Who get the pleasure of voting for her?

Pick a seperate candidate - I'm thinking a low poster perhaps. Make a wagon out of them.

It works better if the votes are visible admittedly.

But if everyone votes Orla we're as well to shoot her as there's nothing to be garnered from it in terms of data.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

giphy.gif

Looking back, it only required one mistake and which is possible with a time frame and potentially bad internet connection and then the wolves probably had their best chance of winning. Now, there were severe drawbacks to not collaborating which was that the wolves could decide which four numbers they thought were best. On the whole, I think your plan was a good one but could be undone and hand the wolves the gold through an unfortunate mistake or incident.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

That's another minus in my Vernon column.

Absolute joke.

I made a mistake. Lynch me and move on.

Pick a seperate candidate - I'm thinking a low poster perhaps. Make a wagon out of them.

But if everyone votes Orla we're as well to shoot her as there's nothing to be garnered from it in terms of data.

Id be delighted if someone shot her tbh.

I made a mistake. Lynch me and move on.

Nah Orla needs to die to reduce the kill rate.

Id be delighted if someone shot her tbh.

Really? I would consider that a bad call if I'm honest. If we got an extra bullet, sure but we have a baddie to lynch tonight. When does that ever happen day 1?

Orla is dead anyways, no point in the vig wasting a kill on them. IMO anyways.

Well thats true.....unless the bullets expire. I dont know that they do, but its happened before.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Well, if we believe we have a wolf from 3 I could think of two wolves that would have a reason to look for a peek to get some advantage from the situation. Not sure it helps us much to realize that though

Mary WW wrote: »
    Well, if we believe we have a wolf from 3 I could think of two wolves that would have a reason to look for a peek to get some advantage from the situation. Not sure it helps us much to realize that though

This is why the 'coaching' by Desmond to peek into that group makes me not trust him by the way. I might have said this once or twice.

He very blatantly missed out on the George Hearst thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

A shot has been fired.

Orla WW/Francis Wolcott is dead.

Sweet!

Really? I would consider that a bad call if I'm honest. If we got an extra bullet, sure but we have a baddie to lynch tonight. When does that ever happen day 1?

Seems a bit contradictory there Brendan. I presume you were trying to make a point that we might aswell shoot Orla if we arent going to use your plan. But then you say that this would be a bad idea.

Your plan is very odd one way or another. Why not suggest an FFA or something a little less convoluted?

Everybody is reading this thread. So if we pick for example Wendy to be our token alternative (bandwagon as you put it) why would she bother reacting to it ? She knows Orla will die and shes effectively getting a token poke that amounts to nothing. Those who vote for her are only voting for her cause you wanted one target so we dont learn anything from the votes at all.

• Advertisement

Seer could peak 1 of the three of us , dont you mean 4 ?

#1 - mary - confirmed & available
    #2 - Vernon - confirmed & available
    #3 - Desmond - confirmed & available
    #4 - eva - confirmed & available (Team village)
    #5 - conor - confirmed & available

Ehhh ... There are 4 of us unconfirmed....
    Mary WW wrote: »

Who are the three you speak of and why is number 4 not included ?

Great well its done now so we can move on.

What are we doing for the next competition then? Ideas?

Sweet!

Sweet ? But ....

The only thing you seem to be sure about is me being dodgy . .

If anyone wants to provide some read lists that would be super.

SK is dead, Desmond. That was going to be the end result regardless. I just wanted to have some way to try and analyse the data from the lynch rather than having a 17 player strong bandwagon on her which is useless for information.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

What's the plan for the next Goldrush, I'm trying to catch up, we all pick a number or only some?

Ehhh ... There are 4 of us unconfirmed....

Who are the three you speak of and why is number 4 not included ?

Because from 1-4 Eva is cleared, leaves 3. Assuming that everyone followed the plan (I know Vernon says he didn’t), and given none of us have claimed we got a prize; There are four wolves, and they have to block every lower number to win. That means they can only occupy numbers 1 to 4. But if 1 to 4 are blocked and village then 5 would still win. So a non village win means 1 to 4 aren’t all village

I realize bye that Vernon’s story complicated things. Which is interesting in itself

• Advertisement

SK is dead, Desmond. That was going to be the end result regardless. I just wanted to have some way to try and analyse the data from the lynch rather than having a 17 player strong bandwagon on her which is useless for information.

giphy.gif

Advertisement