Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: HBO's Deadwood

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    1st competition isn’t until midday tomorrow so loads of time to get our heads around it, Angus.

I have a suggestion with regards to randomly assigning number to player. Might work for the first time but could we pass the alphabetical player list below around each other in turn. First player on the list starts and picks a number for a player of their own choosing? Then the next player on the list chooses. I know we have to allow for players who can’t make the comp but they could be given a number from 10 onwards.

Would that be random enough?

Abigail WW
    Angus WW
    Barbara WW
    Brendan WW
    Conor WW
    Derry WW
    Desmond WW
    Eva WW
    Ewan WW
    Frank WW
    Gertrude WW
    Holly WW
    Katie WW
    Mary WW
    Orla WW
    Phil WW
    Steve WW
    Tegan WW
    Vernon WW
    Wendy WW

Point out where in the above post I said the first five players!

You said first player on the list

First player on the list starts and picks a number for a player of their own choosing?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Being available for one is no use, the whole idea is that if a wolf gets one by keeping the same group you’ll find out if there’s a wolf in that group. For it to work we need to keep the same five for both gold rushes

Don't think that's Desmond's plan at all. Wasn't his original one to switch up the players each turn rather than keeping the same five.

I'm sorry but it's unreasonable to expect everyone to be available all the time. RL and all that.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

This whole goldrush thing is giving me a headache! Hats off to the mods for making it so complicated :pac:

In fairness Vern, I read it like that too. It looks like you’re suggesting we go alphabetically down the list of players and each person chooses someone else and their number. Which leaves it open to manipulation by wolves

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

I'm working today but available to operate the goldrush at the same time from the looks of things.

Goldrush
    12.30 - 1.29 - Yes
    And
    16.30 - 17.29 - Yes

Nothing agreed yet but Babs is not reading posts properly at all.

Missed where I said I was available for both comps.
    Missed Brendan saying he was available for one of today’s comps.
    Seeing things in my posts that aren’t there.

Yes I missed you volunteering but I stand by the accusation that ur way of choosing who goes is wolf friendly

And Brendan being available for one is useless in this strategy as I’ve said above

• Advertisement

Desmond WW wrote: »
    I have a strategy to suggest:

We choose 5 people and randomly assign them a number between 1-5. This means baddies cant really waste their votes on these numbers and pretty much guaranteed that one of our 1-5 gets the gold. Key is that all 5 choose a number have to confirm if they won or not. Theoretically number 1 should always win unless the baddies are trying to force another number to win.

Nobody can be number 1 twice (cause we don’t know anybody’s team).

Derry's original plan makes no mention of all players needing to be available for both. I find it weird you're pushing that idea now tbh Babs.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    No that’s what I got from it too. This early we shouldn’t have anyone picking other people, as Barbara said the wolves all know each other and if they’re in the top 5 alphabetically they can then choose their wolfy brethren.

Just looking at the people who can and can’t do it today. Do we even have enough numbers for today to really strategise?

The other side though is that letting one person pick gives the seer a nice selection of targets.

If a wolf gets to choose, and chooses to put a wolf into low spots, then it creates links between wolves, right?

I'd nearly worry about random more, since it might be a tad easier for wolves to manipulate. If a wolf randomly gets, say, number 3, the other wolves can sandbag slots one and two, get the prize and then dismiss all inspection after that as "luck of the draw".

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Yes I missed you volunteering but I stand by the accusation that ur way of choosing who goes is wolf friendly

And Brendan being available for one is useless in this strategy as I’ve said above

I have to agree we can’t expect people to be available for all of them. That’s five people twice a day for the next how many days? It is unreasonable.

I think we’re completely overthinking this. As I said earlier, we don’t have enough people available today to really strategise.

Just take the people who can do it today and come up with a more simple way of doing it

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Being available for one is no use, the whole idea is that if a wolf gets one by keeping the same group you’ll find out if there’s a wolf in that group. For it to work we need to keep the same five for both gold rushes

Don't think that's Desmond's plan at all. Wasn't his original one to switch up the players each turn rather than keeping the same five.

I'm sorry but it's unreasonable to expect everyone to be available all the time. RL and all that.

I’ll let Des clarify that, my reading was that we’d keep with the same five, I’m open to correction

And I get to what ur saying about people not being available but if I was a wolf I haven’t seen an angle where it would be an advantage to get the prize under Des’s strategy. So whether it’s RL or being a wolf or both anyone who doesn’t volunteer will be going on my initial list of possible wolves. Likewise anyone who volunteers will be going on my initial list of possible SKs

Barbara
    Conor
    Holly
    Angus
    Vernon

Katie - maybe

Then not available
    Steve
    Phil
    Wendy
    Brendan
    Tegan

Just as a commentary I’ll be suspicious of the not available as being a wolf and the availables as being the SK

I tried to ignore, it can't resist :D

You suspect yourself of being the SK? :pac:

• Advertisement

So the first group would go twice because a wolf could win once but not the second time

Barbara
    Conor
    Holly
    Angus
    Vernon
    Derry
    Mary

Katie - maybe

Then not available
    Steve
    Phil
    Wendy
    Brendan
    Tegan

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Trying to follow the back and forth the last few pages but ye are making it hard work. Can anyone state categorically what the gold rush plan is?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Post count from start to end of night zero

Barbara WW 30
    Vernon WW 27
    Brendan WW 25
    Desmond WW 17
    Gertrude WW 12
    Abigail WW 11
    Steve WW 9
    Phil WW 9
    Ewan WW 8
    Derry WW 7
    Katie WW 6
    Conor WW 6
    Wendy WW 5
    Holly WW 4
    Tegan WW 4
    Orla WW 4
    Mary WW 3
    Eva WW 1
    Angus WW 1

Conor WW wrote: »
    Trying to follow the back and forth the last few pages but ye are making it hard work. Can anyone state categorically what the gold rush plan is?

Not decided. 3 options to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Hearst and his wolves were intent on sending a bloody message to Deadwood's inhabitants. They hit quick and they hit hard...

Derry WW has been munched.

They were:
    Charlie Utter - NRV male

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Not decided. 3 options to choose from.

And 2.5 more hours to argue over it. :D

You don’t have to worry your little head, Derry. RIP x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Lynch form is open.

Derry... strange choice.

I didn't want to point it out but listing those available was just putting a bullseye on anyone's back if they weren't a wolf. Lowers the available pool for today :/

• Advertisement

So, what’s the plan?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

I should be available for both

So, what’s the plan?

Well, I'd prefer just assigning numbers to everyone in some form with those available at the top of the list. But that's different to Desmond's plan which more people seem to be in favour of.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    I should be available for both

Ha, that’s what happens when you don’t refresh after reading r.i.p Derry. Not sure what the wolves saw in him tbh now back to gold rush confusion. I’ll take whatever place on whatever order people decide on when the time comes

I’d go along with Derry’s initial proposal that we go by first poster and who has said they’ll be available.

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Well, I'd prefer just assigning numbers to everyone in some form with those available at the top of the list. But that's different to Desmond's plan which more people seem to be in favour of.

Desmond’s plan means we entrust one person to give us the top 5 names.

Steve’s plan takes the first 5 to post on thread but take into account players not available. Does the number assigned relate to who posted 1st?

Vernon’s plan has everyone assigned a number by another player.

Barbara
    Conor
    Holly
    Angus
    Vernon
    Derry
    Mary

Katie - maybe

Then not available
    Steve
    Phil
    Wendy
    Brendan
    Tegan

Order of posters

Katie
    Abigail
    Gertrude
    Phil
    Steve
    Eva
    Conor
    Mary
    Desmond
    Derry
    Tegan
    Barbara
    Vernon
    Brendan
    Holly
    Ewan
    Orla
    Wendy
    Angus

So Steve’s plan would make it

Katie 1
    Abigail 2
    Gertrude 3
    Eva 4
    Conor 5

It’s too quiet to go with my plan so I’ll vote for Steve’s one.

• Advertisement

Still don't agree with just assigning 5 players but Vernon I guess is right, not enough on thread activity right now to assign all players.

Steve's version it is I guess.

Advertisement