Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: HBO's Deadwood

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Since i picked #4, it would stand there is a wolf in 1, 2 or 3.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    Because from 1-4 Eva is cleared, leaves 3. Assuming that everyone followed the plan (I know Vernon says he didn’t), and given none of us have claimed we got a prize; There are four wolves, and they have to block every lower number to win. That means they can only occupy numbers 1 to 4. But if 1 to 4 are blocked and village then 5 would still win. So a non village win means 1 to 4 aren’t all village

Im sorry, I am still not getting you. Why isnt Conor a suspect ?

There are 4 baddies. If they voted 1-4 that means Conor would win the prize ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

A shot has been fired.

Eva WW has been killed

She was:
    Doc Cochran

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Because if the wolves voted 1-4 there would be no wolves left to be Conor (in theory).

Eva WW wrote: »
    Because if the wolves voted 1-4 there would be no wolves left to be Conor (in theory).

Ah, ok . . Interesting . .

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Well, that answers that question I guess.

DESMOND!!!

tenor.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Im sorry, I am still not getting you. Why isnt Conor a suspect ?

There are 4 baddies. If they voted 1-4 that means Conor would win the prize ?!

It doesn’t clear #5, it just tells us there’s a wolf in the 3

(assuming Vernon’s story isn’t legit)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    A shot has been fired.

Eva WW has been killed

She was:
    Doc Cochran

Ok so there is definitely a wolf in 1,2 or 3 IMO.

If Vernons story isnt legit then hes the wolf ? :confused:

How could that not be obvious ?

If he is telling the truth then a wolf could of chosen number 2 and none of us are anymore likely a wolf then anybody else.

This is a fooking mess.

I tend to believe Vernon and think Desmond is a shnake in the grass but logic dictates we probably have to lynch Vernon to confirm his story.

Someone kindly point out the flaws in this now please.

• Advertisement

Holly WW wrote: »
    Ok so there is definitely a wolf in 1,2 or 3 IMO.

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Well, that answers that question I guess.

DESMOND!!!

tenor.gif

Is this the bandwagon you were trying to get Brendan . . ;)

If Vernons story isnt legit then hes the wolf ? :confused:

How could that not be obvious ?

If he is telling the truth then a wolf could of chosen number 2 and none of us are anymore likely a wolf then anybody else.

Correct except that there’s at least one wolf in the three of Vernon’s lying

If he’s not then you’re spot on

Wait a second. If Vernon is lieing he is the wolf. Ok we are agreed on that.

If hes not lieing and he missed vote number 2, then how exactly does that cast shade on the three of us ? The baddies could of block voted 1,2,3,4 which means they would have the gold and none of Mary, Vernon or myself had any involvement in them getting it.

So how is there "at least one wolf" in the first 3 ? This isnt adding up at all.

Wait a second. If Vernon is lieing he is the wolf. Ok we are agreed on that.

If hes not lieing and he missed vote number 2, then how exactly does that cast shade on the three of us ? The baddies could of block voted 1,2,3,4 which means they would have the gold and none of Mary, Vernon or myself had any involvement in them getting it.

So how is there "at least one wolf" in the first 3 ? This isnt adding up at all.

Dear Jesus, read what I actually wrote

Vernon lying=at least one wolf, I.e. Vernon in the 3

Vernon not lying = **** knows who the wolves are

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Well I’m not lying but I have to take full responsibility for the mess we’re now in.

If Conor as No5 had received the prize, it would as good as guaranteed that the wolfs were covering 1-4 but because of my cock up it’s all if, but’s and maybes.

I’ll leave it to you lot to decide what happens in the next competition and if I’m part of it.

RIP Eva. Sorry I let them win a bullet. ****, I feel so bad :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Just popping in to see what we’re doing for goldrush? This is a complete mess! Anyone got a master plan?

Dear Jesus, read what I actually wrote

Vernon lying=at least one wolf, I.e. Vernon in the 3

Vernon not lying = **** knows who the wolves are

Wait a second, you have insinuated multiple times "there a wolf in the other three":

You have been pushing this "wolf in the three" fake news .

So for me, you, along with Brendan are my two people of interest. I would throw Steve (not a strong lean but just a hunch) onto that list mainly because he was the one that came up with the strategy that put you number one on the list to get the prize.

Holly coming out of nowhere to back up the "1,2,3" voters has to have a wolf is also suspect. If vernon is innocent the baddies would know it and him being killed ("oh look see, Vernon was telling the truth and Desmond lied" or something like that) would allow the focus to turn to Brendans bandwagon , most likely on me.

If Mary was Hearst or Tolliver our seer would die or peek a baddy good and when they come out lead the village to ruin . .

Just a theory though . .

Wait a second, you have insinuated multiple times "there a wolf in the other three":

So for me, you, along with Brendan are my two people of interest. I would throw Steve (not a strong lean but just a hunch) onto that list mainly because he was the one that came up with the strategy that put you number one on the list to get the prize.

Holly coming out of nowhere to back up the "1,2,3" voters has to have a wolf is also suspect. If vernon is innocent the baddies would know it and him being killed ("oh look see, Vernon was telling the truth and Desmond lied" or something like that) would allow the focus to turn to Brendans bandwagon , most likely on me.

If Mary was Hearst or Tolliver our seer would die or peek a baddy good and when they come out lead the village to ruin . .

Just a theory though . .

giphy.gif

You going crazy and OMGUSing anyone who speaks against you is weird.

Not sure if wolfy behaviour, but weird nonetheless.

Just a theory though . .

Wait, in all that’s gone on this morning that’s your sleuthing?

I got added to the list cause someone wasn’t available but clearly that was engineered somehow?

Vernon doesn’t even get a mention from you when his lying or otherwise is key to this mornings events?

Several posters have explained why, if we followed the strategy, there has to be a wolf in the three but you just gloss that over?

Oh man, you’ve been smoking or you’re just bad

Look, people are panicking here for no reason.

The wolves can only win one prize whilst Ellsworth is alive right?

So put Vernon, Des and Mary up again in whatever order and if they win and get use of a prize, they can't be wolves unless I'm missing something.

Right?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Quick check in between meetings. I had Vernon's "mistake" down as an attempt to get a seer peek on them, as Hearst kills the seer when peeked. Been looking out for innocent mistakes and might catch a seers eye. Would he a gutsy move if it worked.

I’m happy to vote whenever and for whatever number. I don’t want to be voting last minute though.

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Look, people are panicking here for no reason.

The wolves can only win one prize whilst Ellsworth is alive right?

So put Vernon, Des and Mary up again in whatever order and if they win and get use of a prize, they can't be wolves unless I'm missing something.

Right?

This was always my concern about the Gold Rush strategy.
    I don’t want a bandwagon situation later on in game where it’s set in stone that Vernon getting number 3 and winning the gold looks suss, so we should hang him! ;)

Its ironic that i mentioned Vernon and he was the one that made the mistake. Its also ironic that you are making more of this strategy to use it exactly the opposite way I had intended.

The original strategy was very simple. Pick 5 people who on thread will confirm the number they choose and reveal information about the prize. It would make it harder for wolves to strategically plan to get the prize and would hopefully give us information later on in the game as roles are revealed.

Now you are trying to weaponize the strategy against those who are on the list.

Whether the wolves have the prize or not they can manipulate the outcome. This was always the case. So lets make me number one for this next game and they can vote my chance away and you can say "hey why didnt desmond win it". .

Brendan , for somebody who is accusing me of oversight on the OP, you are at best very clumsy and inconsistent in what you propose.

This was always my concern about the Gold Rush strategy.

Its ironic that i mentioned Vernon and he was the one that made the mistake. Its also ironic that you are making more of this strategy to use it exactly the opposite way I had intended.

The original strategy was very simple. Pick 5 people who on thread will confirm the number they choose and reveal information about the prize. It would make it harder for wolves to strategically plan to get the prize and would hopefully give us information later on in the game as roles are revealed.

Now you are trying to weaponize the strategy against those who are on the list.

Whether the wolves have the prize or not they can manipulate the outcome. This was always the case. So lets make me number one for this next game and they can vote my chance away and you can say "hey why didnt desmond win it". .

Brendan , for somebody who is accusing me of oversight on the OP, you are at best very clumsy and inconsistent in what you propose.

There's no perfect strategy. It's essentially the only clearing method on thread we have tbh.

How is it clumsy? If you get a prize and use it, you're not a wolf as Ellsworth is still alive.

Seems straight forward to me.

Anyways I'll talk to you later when you get over your big hissy fit, you'd poke holes in a concrete wall if I put it up at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Reminder
    Goldrush times: Each day from 12:30:00pm-1:29:59pm and 4:30:00pm-5:29:59pm.

Do you want me to pick a number again? If so, what number?

I don’t want a bandwagon situation later on in game where it’s set in stone that Vernon getting number 3 and winning the gold looks suss, so we should hang him! ;)

Ok, if one of us is going to be cleared, I propose

#1 Brendan
    #2 Conor
    #3 Vernon
    #4 Mary
    #5 Desmond

Ok, if one of us is going to be cleared, I propose

#1 Brendan
    #2 Conor
    #3 Vernon