Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: HBO's Deadwood

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Necro wrote: »
    Mods can you confirm how the hell number 5 won in GR2?

All, or at least most of the PMs are recorded in the Planning stuff on CoP should be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I had another wolf (at least one) cover that number.

But somehow I still won at your number.

But couldn't exactly say it on thread :pac:

ewan voted 3 leaving 4 open and you were in 5

Drumpot wrote: »
    wduwo8jqsn321.gif

I hate you right now....

Aww two peeks on Mary/Joanie, couldn't believe you did it :D

What kind of cruel ****s would we be to have a wolf return as a listed RV on first peek? Actually Drummer...genius, I believe you've just invented an evil role for a future game :pac:

Well played, I can't remember the Seer lasting so long in any game I've played before, and as usual your participation in the game thread and BR was a good read.

Sorry there was no Count Dooku in the end. Once we didn't get 25 players, he had to be cut.

The who's who:

Derry WW|Charlie Utter (NRV male)|Village|Choc Chip
    Barbara WW|Calamity Jane|Parity checker|Green&Red
    Orla WW|Francis Wolcott|Serial Killer|Beakerjoe
    Eva WW|Doc Cochran|Village|Pter
    Vernon WW|Richardson (NRV male)|Village|Strawberry Milkshake
    Frank WW|Seth Bullock|dayvig|Barney92
    Ewan WW|Sofia Metz (NRV female)|Village|JP Liz
    Conor WW|George Hearst|Wolf (seerkiller)|Fixxxer
    Wendy WW|Ellsworth|claim protector|Rikand
    Angus WW|Wild Bill Hickok (NRV male)|Village|Whiplashy
    Phil WW|Al Swearengen|1x vig (anytime)|Lord TSC
    Tegan WW|Miss Isringhausen|Wolf (blocker)|Ectoplasm
    Holly WW|Dan Dority|BG|Duffman
    Katie WW|Sol Star (NRV male)|Village|Sully
    Abigail WW|The Captain|Wolf (bg or beatdown)|Bounty Hunter
    Mary WW|Joanie Stubbs|survivor|Tritium
    Brendan WW|Cy Tolliver|Wolf (alpha)|Necro
    Desmond WW|Alma Garret|seer|Drumpot
    Steve WW|Jewel|gimp|TheSkunk
    Gertrude WW|Trixie (NRV female)|Village|Dublinandy2

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Drumpot what does your company do or sell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I had another wolf (at least one) cover that number.

But somehow I still won at your number.

But couldn't exactly say it on thread :pac:

Ha, no way. Well at least I got one up on you once , even if you still won the prize and the game. I was never gonna admit it after the villages sympathetic response to Vernon. Also I wanted to bring shade on you cause I really didn’t trust you until you got that prize...

I tunneled too much on GR. Think it was Gertie who tried to move things on from it but I couldn’t work out how the wolves could win on day 2. I never guessed a power block but it seems kind of obvious now.

In the end Steve and Gertie nearly won it for the village. I was on the phone to my wife coming up to 4.30 and actually hung up on her at 4.29..... I feel really bad for Gertie who couldn’t of done anymore to win it for the village....

Pter wrote: »

After this game, broken dreams.

sKeith wrote: »
    ewan voted 3 leaving 4 open and you were in 5

Oh yeah that one! Poor Ewan. Voted for 3. Forgot about it. Voted for 4, and said it on thread so everyone thought that's what she did, even herself. But we had to take her first submission. And nobody else took 4 in the end. She cancelled out another Villager's vote with 3 too.

I think, it's what's known as "doing a Vernon."

Drumpot, did you vote number 1 in GR2 when you said you were voting 5?

I knew there was something spooky about that as I actually won on number 5.

Mods can you confirm how the hell number 5 won in GR2?

Ewan submitted '3' at 16:30 when the GR opened, but then submitted '4' before the GR closed. We could only accept the first entry from each player per GR.

Aww two peeks on Mary/Joanie, couldn't believe you did it :D

What kind of cruel ****s would we be to have a wolf return as a listed RV on first peek? Actually Drummer...genius, I believe you've just invented an evil role for a future game :pac:

Well played, I can't remember the Seer lasting so long in any game I've played before, and as usual your participation in the game thread and BR was a good read.

Sorry there was no Count Dooku in the end. Once we didn't get 25 players, he had to be cut.

Thanks Stu and thanks for humoring me in the BR.

I thought it was a sneaky peek and that Cy peeked as Joanie. That would be so cruel but I thought who better then the sneak peak to be then the character they shared a horrible bond?!

• Advertisement

Ha, no way. Well at least I got one up on you once , even if you still won the prize and the game. I was never gonna admit it after the villages sympathetic response to Vernon. Also I wanted to bring shade on you cause I really didn’t trust you until you got that prize...

I tunneled too much on GR. Think it was Gertie who tried to move things on from it but I couldn’t work out how the wolves could win on day 2. I never guessed a power block but it seems kind of obvious now.

In the end Steve and Gertie nearly won it for the village. I was on the phone to my wife coming up to 4.30 and actually hung up on her at 4.29..... I feel really bad for Gertie who couldn’t of done anymore to win it for the village....

You're not alone there - What's an FFA? What are wagonomics? Forget that shít in this game! :pac:

Wolves set out to "get them talking about GR rather than wolf-hunting" early on, and it was a good plan.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

You're not alone there - What's an FFA? What are wagonomics? Forget that shít in this game! :pac:

Wolves set out to "get them talking about GR rather than wolf-hunting" early on, and it was a good plan.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cba0da336476b516b77fe3c

Ah no, I’m a financial adviser/broker.

Great in that I have very flexible hours and I have a great relationship with my clients. I’m a passive adviser so if you like to be hard sold I’m not your guy. I’ve had some clients suggest they didn’t think I wanted them to do business with them cause I didn’t chase them up! I really try to give people time to weigh up what they want to do which can cost me. I hate people chasing me up to do business so I try not to chase people.

Not that you asked but the part of my job that people really don’t understand or value is when my clients retire, get ill or die. They trust me to help them when they are most vulnerable. I’ve dealt with many a widow and even my own dads life/pension for my mum when he died.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cba0da336476b516b77fe3c

Pter won’t be happy, but I think you earned it this game....

Drumpot wrote:
    Not that you asked but the part of my job that people really don’t understand or value is when my clients retire, get ill or die. They trust me to help them when they are most vulnerable. I’ve dealt with many a widow and even my own dads life/pension for my mum when he died.

Great. Sign fixxxer and myself up for 1 pieces of financial advice to cover lost time for the past 6 days.

Thanks Stu and thanks for humoring me in the BR.

I thought it was a sneaky peek and that Cy peeked as Joanie. That would be so cruel but I thought who better then the sneak peak to be then the character they shared a horrible bond?!

I can totally see where that idea sprouted from alright with all of the links between Joanie and Cy in the OP. If that doubt is there, better to be safe than sorry.

Great. Sign fixxxer and myself up for 1 pieces of financial advice to cover lost time for the past 6 days.

Best financial advice I can give is to not play this game again. Past performance is no guarantee of future performance...

Considering I’ve gotten little work done the week I Feel like a grossly obese minister for health telling people to excercise more and eat their vegetables!!!

I can totally see where that idea sprouted from alright with all of the links between Joanie and Cy in the OP. If that doubt is there, better to be safe than sorry.

This may be a complete surprise but sometimes I over think and over complicate things!

Can everybody see everything on cop?
    478173.png

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yup just reading the mod room now.

Everything else done :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

I think either Mary or Steve nearly had it figured out that we'd blocked Wendy and I was sure we would be caught. I was constantly predicting our doom even when I was fairly confident Wendy was Ellsworth and Necro was doing such an amazing job as Brendan the good villager. :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

This may be a complete surprise but sometimes I over think and over complicate things!

I don’t have permission to post in this thread off my own page.

Drumpot can I just say you played brilliantly. Apologies for coming at you so much, in the end I so hoped you would turn out to be the wolf as it was the only narrative my brain could accept.

It was a shame I had to work the last two days as I couldn’t think things through clearly and it made me even more paranoid.

I had to ask Lord in our BR what a rabbit hole was and from his explanation I well and truly did! And then I crawled back up and fell back down again, you handled it very well though I have to say.

Also Andy I’m so happy you turned out to be good, I really enjoyed how into it you got from the start :)

Thanks again everyone, this was my first time playing and ever getting really involved in anything like this online and I loved every minute of it. You all seem like a great bunch of people. I’ll certainly be back if you’ll have me :)

TheSkunk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

That was an epic first game Skunk / Steve. You did really really well, delighted you enjoyed it. :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Brilliant game everyone (mods and players). Really enjoyed it. I thought I'd be bored after dying but the back room was so much fun.

well done to all the wolfies. :)

Just resetting Derry's password now.

Dublinandy2, TheSkunk and Choc Chip, you've all been given access to post in your own accounts on this forum.

Hope to be seeing all of you around these parts again very soon.

quickbeam wrote:
    Hope to be seeing all of you around these parts again very soon.

Aye, next game is starting Friday two weeks. Much longer phases so might suit those working.

Also congrats to Ecto for (finally) popping her wolf cherry. Very well played :D

Necro wrote:
    Also congrats to Ecto for (finally) popping her wolf cherry. Very well played

Durt

Aye, next game is starting Friday two weeks. Much longer phases so might suit those working.

Also congrats to Ecto for (finally) popping her wolf cherry. Very well played :D

65% wins over 20 games.
    Thats an awesome stat you have.

werewolf stats updated.
    dunno where that is.... link

Derry WW wrote: »
    Brilliant game everyone (mods and players). Really enjoyed it. I thought I'd be bored after dying but the back room was so much fun.

well done to all the wolfies. :)

Just resetting Derry's password now.

Great to see you continuing the 'game' in the deadroom.

Going into this game, the DR was an after-thought for me and I thought they'd be quiet, but both the spoiler and non-spoiler threads turned out to be a bit of fun.

• Advertisement

Going into this game, the DR was an after-thought for me and I thought they'd be quiet, but both the spoiler and non-spoiler threads turned out to be a bit of fun.

I'm sorry I wasnt there tbh! Looked like a blast!

You and the other mods made fine hosts!

Kudos again guys, really enjoyed this one. Would have done irregardless of the result (but I'm delighted we won)

Advertisement