Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yulewolf - A Werewolf Christmas Carol Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Also well done Holly

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

I’m not sure how to respond to that....

I’ve got to get some work done today but I’m hoping as the day goes on things will become clearer.

Vig don’t shoot anybody yet.

Rolled goodies be careful cause I don’t know what’s going on with Dessie......

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    Oh **** HOLLY is mind controlled

Thing is I don't fully believe Holly or Steve and a mind control play would be smart for a role reveal instead of just repeating yesterday but if this post is MC
    Right I've left this as late as I could, I am the villager seer, Fred Claus. I knew from the beginning of the game but was not activated until yesterday. I had to do a backroom task after which the mods posted in my backroom a copy of a daily seer news report which revealed that Katie was aligned good. I didn't pick to peek Katie but I think my task led to a random selection.

I got my own peek last night and chose Desmond as I trust Brendan. Desmond is aligned bad. I can confirm that there is an apprentice seer who will have access to my br when I'm dead but I don't know who they are or if they are alive.

why include you as good? try to get you to back them up. If so that clearly does not seem to be working. Is your inclusion the ony reason Des (unless mind controlled out SK) thinks your on the wolf team?

Pretty sure Des is still SK btw. Probably thought it was a real claim and he just gave up

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Thing is I don't fully believe Holly or Steve and a mind control play would be smart for a role reveal instead of just repeating yesterday but if this post is MC

why include you as good? try to get you to back them up. If so that clearly does not seem to be working. Is your inclusion the ony reason Des (unless mind controlled out SK) thinks your on the wolf team?

Dunno. Good claims are kinda worthless anyway tbh

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Just to add to that though , if anybody doubts me coming out now, tell me if they think the real seer should come out to counter my claim. That's what I think is important right now!

I mean if somebody is reading this thread now and saying "wait a minute Holly, that's not true", I would suggest they pause , reflect and maybe review stuff . . I hope Dessie knows at this stage because he should be still wiping bread crumbs off his lap . .
    Ah Dessie , you don’t seem yourself right now. Maybe we should talk later when you have a nap or something?

Feck, posts like these two beginning to make a little more sense now

But seriously, everyone should re-read Hollys posts today. They make so much sense if you assume the seer claim was mind control

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Pretty sure Des is still SK btw. Probably thought it was a real claim and he just gave up

I'd be reading it that way too.

If Holly is under the same spell Riona was yesterday, then I can't see there being two people being forced to post stuff.

My only worry now is how eager Desmond was to out himself when caught. Wondering if he's trying to throw protection on someone.

Right we do nothing till at least 4pm when hopefully any effect will wear off like it did for riona

Thing is I don't fully believe Holly or Steve

You know I don’t fully believe everything I say either, I’m not really Hans Gruber no matter how much I want to be ......

But what I do believe is that the Vig should hold off and no rolled villager should counter claim anything right now. I also don’t know what’s the story with Dessie.

• Advertisement

Derry WW wrote: »
    I'd be reading it that way too.

If Holly is under the same spell Riona was yesterday, then I can't see there being two people being forced to post stuff.

My only worry now is how eager Desmond was to out himself when caught. Wondering if he's trying to throw protection on someone.

Nah I think he genuinely just gave up. It can be tough when you're on that side of things

You know I don’t fully believe everything I say either, I’m not really Hans Gruber no matter how much I want to be ......

But what I do believe is that the Vig should hold off and no rolled villager should counter claim anything right now. I also don’t know what’s the story with Dessie.

Hey Holly, who do you think is suspicion at the moment apart from Des?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

OK I can see it now its been pointed out but can anyone explain all the mind control thats going on, nothing in updated on any team.

Is it wolfs or the sks?

A lot of odd stuff this morning that I find difficult to put into context.

I had thought I could be doing a lot of fire fighting this morning but I’m surprised with how this has played out.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

A lot of odd stuff this morning that I find difficult to put into context.

I had thought I could be doing a lot of fire fighting this morning but I’m surprised with how this has played out.

So Holly, tell us what you know.......... what exactly happened before munch

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

But 4pm is AGES AWAY!
    I want answers now!

I was her prime candidate before because I believed Riona was a wolf who slipped and didn't like others defending the slip. That said I still don't fully believe the reveals so I coud have been right but who knows now.

I'm curious why Holly came out so fast. Were you sure the wolves/SKs were going to target you? If your on the level you came after your first peek which is not normal even if a seer spots a wolf.

Ewan WW wrote: »
    OK I can see it now its been pointed out but can anyone explain all the mind control thats going on, nothing in updated on any team.

Is it wolfs or the sks?

Read rionas account of her day.
    Riona WW wrote: »
    It has now turned 4pm and as per the rules laid out to me, I am now allowed to talk freely with regards to ALL posts made by me today.

At 9pm last night, I received a PM saying I had been evicted from my room (if I had one)

I was also instructed to copy some text that was within that PM directly after this mornings munch. I couldn’t add to it with my own text, I couldn’t post gifs or vids with it. I did make a mistake in the copy and paste though as I was in a hurry at 10am. I forgot to include the top part which showed that it was a reply to Scrooge. I have been told that there will be consequences for this error but I don’t know what they are.

I was not allowed to mention the eviction or that I had received a PM. Rather than get myself embroiled in conversations about it I decided myself to ignore them completely - hence the “what post” and “I don’t know what you are talking about” posts. I wasn’t going to let the wolf team have everything their way.

I’m now free to discuss it at my leisure. I would say once more to go over the conversations that were started at around 5 this morning as to me it looks like a start of the setup.

I do not know anything about Oisin. I’d also like to say sorry to Brendan for my tunnel vision.

I have an appointment at 4:45 but will answer everyone as soon as I can.

Look at my post at 12.06 last night....

People in the morning setting up a play.....

Hollys seer claim was one thing, since then she has been flagging that its not a genuine claim by trying to discourage the real seer from coming out.

Is it wolfs or the sks?

Thats another thing, all the other stuff has been updated in the OP but the mind control ability (a pretty major one) hasn't? Riona could still have slipped up and there may be no mind control but then these role reveals would not be true, or at least the priest one saying she was good?

• Advertisement

Ok o thought my sleuthing has some explosive info but it’s actually not as big as I thought. Generally power roles try to slip info to the village and stay low. The vote number stuff I had yesterday was interesting to look at so Steve caught my attention. In particular how his post rate drops off dramatically after a fast burst at the start- about 24 out of 64 posts drop on d0! That says to me something changed with Steve at that point.

I looked at the post D0 posts then to drip out any hints Steve may have left. Steve’s volume is down but there’s no real messaging that I can see. It’s complicated by the Clodagh reveal and to be fair Steve would likely have gone hard on Clodagh if there was a gap in her story.

Today is interesting. He named the ghost of Christmas present before he was revealed, and that should be the wolf priest.

At this point I’m confused. I’d a running assumption that Steve was converted d0. However he has priest power on a player who should only be converted this morning- there’s a circular logic here. However he’s shown no priestly hints before now.

So, he clearly has powers, only option I see is to let him run for a little longer now wolf priest is dead and see what happens.

I remember watching a movie. The baddies were attacking a goody quite aggressively. All of a sudden they stopped attacking the goody who was surprised but the reason the baddies stopped attacking that goody was because the baddies had another plan in mind for that goody.

Read rionas account of her day.

Look at my post at 12.06 last night....

People in the morning setting up a play.....

Can you directly say either of these

a) I am not being mind controlled

b) I am being mind controlled

iirc Riona at least played it as if she was unable to reference anything to do with this until a set time (4pm in her case).

Can you directly say either of these

a) I am not being mind controlled

b) I am being mind controlled

iirc Riona at least played it as if she was unable to reference anything to do with this until a set time (4pm in her case).

I believe Riona was telling the truth yesterday.

I believe Riona was telling the truth yesterday.

Interesting how you did not respond in either of the ways asked for

Some posts Ive just looked through. All from yesterday when the mind control theory was being floated.

I think we hold off and see if the ghost of christmas present has a mind control ability

I'd be up for lynching eager beaver Katie

The mention of the ghost of Christmas present having mind control here.

Then eager for lynching Katie...... why Katie?

Did Ewan know what power the GOCP had?
    I'm believing Clodagh for now but I am suspicious of anyone suggesting that Riona might be mind controlled as that for me is the only feasible explanation and i'd wager Wolves would def try to float that as otherwise I don't think there is any explaining away that post

Because of the timing, I reckon Oisin was not there yet (only just being recruited) and was our Seer before being converted. Riona is def a wolf and there is one more unknown wolf.

Lynch & Shoot Riona & Oisin today imo, Oisin shot early if possible to avoid further peeks

The bolded bit here struck me yesterday. Why is he so eager to down play mind control. Why not have an open mind about it?

Is it wolfs or the sks?

This is confusing tbh. It appears that some baddie can make a player post a message and they can’t do anything about it- discuss, clarify etc. riona claimed yesterday that it wore off at 4pm. Holly seems to be doing everything she can within the rules to disavow her claim.

My problem is this power isn’t in the op. That would perhaps have implied we haven’t been told yet (Christmas future?) but if that’s so all wolves are active rather than being converted. That would also mean the wolf priest was in play from the start.

That however calls Steve into question, and also holly, who mentioned a wolf priest yesterday

My head hits but I think we do nothing till 4pm. Discuss by all means and take stock at that point

I remember watching a movie. The baddies were attacking a goody quite aggressively. All of a sudden they stopped attacking the goody who was surprised but the reason the baddies stopped attacking that goody was because the baddies had another plan in mind for that goody.

Die Hard? When has pretends to be a hostage.

Serioiusly though, Im leaning towards believing Holly and Steve. Not sure what to make of Des yet.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Interesting how you did not respond in either of the ways asked for

If Riona couldn't respond yesterday then why would Holly be able to respond today?

• Advertisement

Angus WW wrote: »
    The bolded bit here struck me yesterday. Why is he so eager to down play mind control. Why not have an open mind about it?

I was asked today if I had no doubts about Riona and I said I had doubts but thought she was a wolf who slipped.

If you think someone is a wolf who slipped of course you will be curious about why people are creating a narrative to explain away that slip before the poster who made the mistake does so themselves. Mind control was probably the only way such a slip could have been explained but it didn't have to be handed up to Riona by someone else.

Advertisement