Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yulewolf - A Werewolf Christmas Carol Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    That's interesting - so it confirms that both Steve and Des have legit priest powers of some sort

I’ve a theory here but I’m going to wait a bit

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

[quote="Angus WW;108922498"

Katie - Had a slight wolf lean since the start, I feel they are capable of contributing more meaningful posts. Would love a read list from her
    [/quote]

Will do one later on this evening

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    I’ve a theory here but I’m going to wait a bit

Ive a theory, read my read on Holly

So Holly appeared to be mind controlled before munch and the "trick post" for lack of a better word, was posted before munch

She did seem to instantly flag it down though

What if Holly was the Mind Controller/trickster

She pretends to be controlled, its well planned and staged. Part of her plan was to claim Des was SK

She , as mind controller, selects Des and he posts "ok im the SK , you got me" as his mind control post.

I dont know what to believe, the priest reveals are really making me second guess ****

• Advertisement

Btw if Steve is legit, we have a full bodyguard still alive. If so, that person should 100% be on Steve tonight

Btw if Steve is legit, we have a full bodyguard still alive. If so, that person should 100% be on Steve tonight

Thats if Steve is the good priest.

Angus WW wrote: »
    I dont know what to believe, the priest reveals are really making me second guess ****

I think we can assume that all the priest reveals except Gertrude are 100% confirmed. I also can't see any situation where Steve is lying over Des, but I was much more comfortable about that before Des revealed Isla role first

Thats if Steve is the good priest.

If Steve is not a good priest we probably don't have a BG. There's no mention of one in the OP

Yeah wolf priest is confirmed dead, from the OP and by both Steve and Des. How could Steve be wolf priest

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Terrible day to be working. I am very suspicious of what's going on. Of the reveals this morning I'm inclined to believe Steve's the most because he posted it pre-munch and listed Oisin as goc present and the munch flavour mentioned that that ghost couldn't find a body to inhabit.

On the Holly being mind controlled...I'm concerned about a double bluff here ie Holly is the mind controller and decides to 'control' herself.

No clue how both Des and Steve have the same info. Hoping to get out of here early so I can spend some time going back over posts since the lynch last night. This all has the feel of being too coordinated for my liking.

I think we can assume that all the priest reveals except Gertrude are 100% confirmed. I also can't see any situation where Steve is lying over Des, but I was much more comfortable about that before Des revealed Isla role first

Why not? Im not saying Steve is bad and Des is Good, but I think we should keep an open mind. Lots of moving parts this morning, lots of possibilities.

Yeah wolf priest is confirmed dead, from the OP and by both Steve and Des. How could Steve be wolf priest

They could be both wolves. How would both be able to confirm the same things?

Why not? Im not saying Steve is bad and Des is Good, but I think we should keep an open mind. Lots of moving parts this morning, lots of possibilities.

Can you come up with a plausible scenario where Steve is bad, given the information we have? I've been going through options in my head and none make sense tbh

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

My reads thus far -

Nigel - Not liking his rubbishing of mind control yesterday.

At no point did I rubbish MC, I said I didn't like people providing excuses (the ony feasible one) for someone who had seemingly made a wolf slip. Heindseight is a great thing though and MC seems a much stronger possibility now.

Can you come up with a plausible scenario where Steve is bad, given the information we have? I've been going through options in my head and none make sense tbh

What information have we got to confirm either of them?

They could be both wolves. How would both be able to confirm the same things?

Ok, so then our wolf team:

- Have priest powers, even though their priest is dead.
    - Used mind control to throw suspicion on their own player, which could easily have gotten him vigged
    - Have killed the real priest

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

They can't both be confirmed, they contradict each other on us having a BG / dead app BG

What information have we got to confirm either of them?

Nothing, but if they are both wolves and they know the real priest is dead why claim at all? Occams razor

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

@steve, I’m guessing as outed priest you’re likely a gonner next munch. Given we have an app Bg and app seer Is there an app priest that you’re aware of?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

SK team do have access to a dead list. Steve is SK. Steve comes out as priest. Knowing Gertie is dead he lies about her role.
    Holly paints Des as bad and Des outs himself and throws shade at his partner to give Steve credibility.

Far-fetched, maybe, but this game is mad.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    They can't both be confirmed, they contradict each other on us having a BG / dead app BG

They are 99% confirmed to have priest powers, not confirmed to be town. In this case, I think Des is lying about gertude, not Steve.

Ok, so then our wolf team:

- Have priest powers, even though their priest is dead.
    - Used mind control to throw suspicion on their own player, which could easily have gotten him vigged
    - Have killed the real priest

If they are wolves, right, how do we know their priest is dead............ from what they told us?

Lets say Steve is bad

Lets say Des is bad.

Holly is good in this scenario

They mind control Holly, implicate Des.

Holly flags not to believe her.

DEs then claims he is indeed SK based off.

Steve comes out, claims priest.... he tells us all these roles etc.

Des appears to be mind controlled.

Isla is shot

They both claim the same role for Isla.

One gets scarificed (Des) to make Steve seem legit. Steve makes it to the end , kills us all.

Its pretty out there, Its unlikley........... but its possible.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    SK team do have access to a dead list. Steve is SK. Steve comes out as priest. Knowing Gertie is dead he lies about her role.
    Holly paints Des as bad and Des outs himself and throws shade at his partner to give Steve credibility.

For this to cocur wouldnt it mean the priest and app priest need to be both dead, the wolves were getting the information of the spirit without him being converted and that Steve and Des are both bad and both wolves

Wendy WW wrote: »

So both are SK rather than wolf? Sure that works I think. But the outcome is that we still lynch Des today, and worry about Steve later

Nothing, but if they are both wolves and they know the real priest is dead why claim at all? Occams razor

I know its not likely, but this morning has me thinking a lot of crazy stuff and trusting no one.

Bravo Mods, bravo (excpet Pter, he sucks with his Die Hard opinion)

If they are wolves, right, how do we know their priest is dead............ from what they told us?

Nope from the OP which shows that the ghost of Christmas present is the wolf priest. And the munch post this morning which shows that the ghost had no body to go into.

So both are SK rather than wolf? Sure that works I think. But the outcome is that we still lynch Des today, and worry about Steve later

Des is the most likely to be evil in my eyes.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

I don’t know what Des is up to or if he is an sk who thinks he’s rumbled. But the OP says

2) Scrooge & The Evil Spirits
    Scrooge & the evil spirits have an alpha and a power blocker, and may be able to increase their numbers or risk their numbers being decreased, either by design or by accident.

Now, is it flavor to suggest that “May be able to increase their numbers or risk numbers decreased” be in anyway a reference to the ghosts? Like maybe are they sleeper baddies that either take over goodies permanently or for a period?

I’m tired today so can’t see how that fits with Dessie coming out but it’s an odd wording in the OP.

This isn’t a defence for Des , it’s just a question to ponder. He may come back and jump on this out I have given him but I thought it worth posting while it came to mind.

• Advertisement

Nope from the OP which shows that the ghost of Christmas present is the wolf priest. And the munch post this morning which shows that the ghost had no body to go into.

I ned to re read the munch.

Advertisement