Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yulewolf - A Werewolf Christmas Carol Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Oisin WW wrote: »
    That IF Riona is the seer (which I doubt). Would be better if she isn't coz that would mean our Seer remains hidden

My thinking is that if both our seer and apprentice is are out then there is no way they can be let live any length of time by the evil teams. They have to go for them sooner rather than later.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    But was the shot fatal?
    It didn't sound very fatal to me. He's probably fine.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Jesus, there's a lot to squeeze in to this lunch break.

Okay, as promised to our dearly departed Brendan, whom no one is likely to miss less than I am, here was my very brief analysis of some yesterday posts, lest such unfinished business prevent him from resting in peace. Hopefully Brendan was a wolf, but I'm not terribly sad to see him gone either way.

"Riona posting an unhelpful list of 10 and saying one of them was probably a wolf seemed a bit sus. Also, she voted for me, so I may me biased.

Mary criticising Nig's posting of Gertie's posts after she had already done so, seemed odd. It's not like there isn't oodles of repetition in the thread.

Brendan's groundless hounding of me makes me irritated, but also suspicious.

Holly playing the lazy player card - not a fan."

Of course, after this morning, I think my next two votes are Riona and Oisin.
    Though I've not played a game with mind control in before, so I'm willing to wait back and hear more on that one.

And I've just seen Clodagh's post, which I'm inclined to believe, and I'm not sure what to make of that just yet.

And yes, Brendan was correct about the formatting of yon post, and I didn't realise ass wasn't a censored word. (I also never realised that black wasn't the same as the standard font... you learn something knew every day...)

If anyone needs my opinion on anything else, I'm on lunchbreak for about another half hour, but then won't be online again for a few hours, which Brendan would no doubt have found deeply incriminating...

Des, one other thing- why do you think Brendan was targeted this morning? Way I see it we likely had an sk kill and a wolf convert but I can’t see any reason for sk to target Brendan.

Also, I’m assuming there’s an upper limit on wolf conversions, maybe capped at Marley, Scrooge and the three sporitsspirit. Otherwise we have a hell of a mountain to climb.

Derry WW wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm really not following this logic of "Riona is a seer".

Here:
    From the Munch post:

The now Evil Spirit inhabited the body of a member of the village with some latent powers and Scrooge's team have gained a seer, but to make up for this magical misdeed, Santa has granted the village a gift.

It can be read that our Seer has been possessed. Inhabits the body is pretty specific wording. The Seer is not in full control of their actions. Riona can't talk specifically about the "mistake" but has pretty specifically given us a list and told us to look in the low posters.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Ah, Brendan was the interrogator, not Henry. Gotcha. So he told Henry he was Nigel... in the hopes Henry would pass along this info and Nigel would be munched? Or what..?
    He was suspicious that Henry was a wolf, and the Nigel was a wolf. So he said he was Nigel. If Henry was in contact with Nigel (in a wolf room), he would know that Nigel was not the interrogator.

Henry accepted Nigel with out any questioning or any confirmation needed - took the bail a little too easily.

Henry outing himself as being the interogatee this morning was odd, to me, because he had nothing to gain.

Brendan posted in our backroom just before 10 saying that he felt he was up for the munch, which lead me to think that it was something that was said in the interrogation room.

Henry posted at around that time too.

I couldn’t ask Brendan to expand because by the time I got to the computer, he was dead.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

I'm believing Clodagh for now but I am suspicious of anyone suggesting that Riona might be mind controlled as that for me is the only feasible explanation and i'd wager Wolves would def try to float that as otherwise I don't think there is any explaining away that post
    Riona WW wrote: »
    If you and Oisin do that, we should be flying
    [/quote

Sounds brilliant! Village won't know what hit them.

Because of the timing, I reckon Oisin was not there yet (only just being recruited) and was our Seer before being converted. Riona is def a wolf and there is one more unknown wolf.

Lynch & Shoot Riona & Oisin today imo, Oisin shot early if possible to avoid further peeks

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Oisin is dead Nigel.

Rionas next up for me

Conor WW wrote: »
    Des, one other thing- why do you think Brendan was targeted this morning? Way I see it we likely had an sk kill and a wolf convert but I can’t see any reason for sk to target Brendan.
    Dunno, he was pretty active, presumably did something they didn't like at some point. Maybe they thought they'd get two for one, if I seemed an obvious target for lynching after he was killed. He did point at a fair few others too though, so will have to have a read back through those. Actually - do we know if the lovers' lives are tied? I'd be inclined to agree with you on the kill/convert thing, I think.

damn posting on my phone, Oisin dead before I even posted, agree with the action, hopefully we were right. Riona next

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    He was suspicious that Henry was a wolf, and the Nigel was a wolf. So he said he was Nigel. If Henry was in contact with Nigel (in a wolf room), he would know that Nigel was not the interrogator.

Henry accepted Nigel with out any questioning or any confirmation needed - took the bail a little too easily.

Henry outing himself as being the interogatee this morning was odd, to me, because he had nothing to gain.

Brendan posted in our backroom just before 10 saying that he felt he was up for the munch, which lead me to think that it was something that was said in the interrogation room.

Henry posted at around that time too.

I couldn’t ask Brendan to expand because by the time I got to the computer, he was dead.
    So... you think Henry is likely a wolf and Nigel not?

• Advertisement

So let me get this straight the interrogator told someone (Henry) he was interrogating he was me, as if they were a wolf they would question it if I was also a wolf. Henry I guess didn't question it so according to our dead interrogator we are at least probably not in a room together. Is that whats going on cos I got lost somewhere there?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

I think there is a possibility that both are wolves.

Henry thought he was in a room with Nigel

Brenden winds up dead.

So Henry may not be a wolf.

If Henry was awolf we could expect Nigel dead. Correct? AM I FOLLOWING THIS RIGHT CLODAGH....

Something about the mechanics of Rionas slip doesn't feel right. How does a quote from a backroom not on this site accidentally get turned in to a half quote on this site?

Something about the mechanics of Rionas slip doesn't feel right. How does a quote from a backroom not on this site accidentally get turned in to a half quote on this site?

A bad copy and paste job.

If Riona is a wolf, then she clearly wasnt minding what she was doing.

Why would she be copying and pasting anything?

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    I think there is a possibility that both are wolves.

If the spirits are converting each night, there should be 3 wolves (is my math wrong?) now I think. Oisin would be one if you believe Riona's slip and he just died. Riona would have to follow the same line of thinking. So I would think 1 wolf left atm. Was there anything you know said in an interrogation or otherwise that points to anyone?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Ya I totally agree how would you chop off the quoted bit mid message and why would you be copy and pasting anything from your backroom

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Ya I totally agree how would you chop off the quoted bit mid message and why would you be copy and pasting anything from your backroom

Ive slipped up before doing this in previous games

I use word to copy my posts in work, so it looks like im working and not on boards.

Then I copy and paste into the thread. Riona potentially wrote something for her back room and posted it into the wrong thread.

Also if you've a rationale for Riona doing what shes doing that Im not thinking about, Im all ears

• Advertisement

Angus WW wrote: »
    Ive slipped up before doing this in previous games

I use word to copy my posts in work, so it looks like im working and not on boards.

Then I copy and paste into the thread. Riona potentially wrote something for her back room and posted it into the wrong thread.

But if you were copy and pasting and using quotes how do you take off the first quotation altogether and a bit from the 2nd

There is no quotation marker at the start of the message and a broken bit at the end of the first sentence

Also wouldnt you just reply and quote the message when posting to the backroom instead of writing out the quoted message in word

Seems very convenient is all, a mistake that nabbed us two wolves. I'm conscious of how quickly I jumped at it.

But if you were copy and pasting and using quotes how do you take off the first quotation altogether and a bit from the 2nd

There is no quotation marker at the start of the message and a broken bit at the end of the first sentence

Also wouldnt you just reply and quote the message when posting to the backroom instead of writing out the quoted message in word

Yes, this !!

I admit it looks odd, what do you think is the most logical explaination?

Oisins already been offed presumably off the back of it
    Seems very convenient is all, a mistake that nabbed us two wolves. I'm conscious of how quickly I jumped at it.

Thats why i think mind control is a possibility. Though not the most logical answer, thats Riona is a wolf and she slipped.

Rionas lack of answers fills me with no coinfidence in her.

Riona, blink twice if you need the power of Christ.

I think it can't be a shaman taking a message from a back room as they would only (usally) get one piece of info this had 2 as it was essential 2 messages so I'm discounting that.

I also dont think it was a mistake as it just seems too hard to make a mistake to make given the look of the message.

That only really leaves mind control but as was pointed out it happned very soon after 10 if pushed I'd imagine the wolfs have been active since day 0 but when the spirts visit them they activate thier powers and maybe the 2nd spirit had the power of control.

Its possible its a night time action so had to be posted as soon as thread opened I'm not sure but it makes the most sense to me at least

Oisin being offed only indicates the Vig believes it was a slip. Only the priest knows if it was the right move.

Actually that last bit makes no sense as there is no mention of mind control hmmmmmmmmmm

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

I've made this mistake before and posted from a backroom to a main thread, luckily at the time I was saying something totally innocuous. If I recall correctly I couldn't get the quotey thing to work in the backroom and copied and pasted it and didn't realise what I was doing.

Although thinking about how unlikely that was at the time has me thinking about how dense she'd have to be (as dense as me), to copy, change tabs, paste, press Post.... Makes me doubt myself how much I jumped on this being a simple slip Feck.

• Advertisement

OK maybe just maybe the mind control would be a power of the ghost of christmas present and we just haven't been informed yet on thread and the wolfs have been active with powers from the start and used it today the day before the village gets informed of the power in the update

Advertisement