Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yulewolf - A Werewolf Christmas Carol Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

It doesn't feel right to me. It's too convenient, it has the look of someone trying to give the impression of a fuxk up. I just can't make sense of Rionas not responding to it directly. Is there any character from a Christmas Carol this would link in to?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Vanilla game my arse.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    It doesn't feel right to me. It's too convenient, it has the look of someone trying to give the impression of a fuxk up. I just can't make sense of Rionas not responding to it directly. Is there any character from a Christmas Carol this would link in to?

Yeh agreed.

If this is a wolf play they are lucky Jose got sacked today cause its totally thrown me off .

Just wanted to point for the record that I was the first person to cop the discrepancy between the Kill Post and possession of a ghost . . If Riona does turn out innocent I want that on record. If shes bad I would like it buried deep . .

I hope the Vig was right about Oisin. I had my suspicions about him from yesterday and was gonna vote for him tonight. But Riona's post implicated Oisin. So if Oisins bad (and seer or Priest know it), then there is a good chance that Riona is bad and stalling.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Vernon WW wrote: »

Yeah I'm scared now

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Vanilla game my arse.

That's why I'm still inclined to believe it's a fck up rather than some ability. Having a mind control ability that forces someone to post, and also stops them from commenting about it, or from making any reads or accusations etc. is just awful game design. Can't imagine the hosts would do something that.

• Advertisement

Voting for Riona unless some other crazy **** happens

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

I think we hold off and see if the ghost of christmas present has a mind control ability

I'd be up for lynching eager beaver Katie

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Just wanted to point for the record that I was the first person to cop the discrepancy between the Kill Post and possession of a ghost . . If Riona does turn out innocent I want that on record. If shes bad I would like it buried deep . .

Putting aside the Riona/Oisin debate for a moment, it's posts like this that set off utter alarm bells for me. Especially as things shift a bit from "Riona's a wolf" to "Mind control?", cause this reads like a scramble to get ahead of that tide.

Coupled with your "Please peak me!" pleas last night (knowing that a seer won't come out against you that quickly), I really feel you're utterly desperate to have everyone believe you're good.

Ewan WW wrote: »
    I think we hold off and see if the ghost of christmas present has a mind control ability

I'd be up for lynching eager beaver Katie

Lol, feel free to come up with some actual reads

Derry WW wrote: »
    Putting aside the Riona/Oisin debate for a moment, it's posts like this that set off utter alarm bells for me. Especially as things shift a bit from "Riona's a wolf" to "Mind control?", cause this reads like a scramble to get ahead of that tide.

Coupled with your "Please peak me!" pleas last night (knowing that a seer won't come out against you that quickly), I really feel you're utterly desperate to have everyone believe you're good.

Where did I say "please peek me" ?

• Advertisement

Yeah have a look at Ewan's posts, he's done a whole lot of nothing. Fluff, vague chat about game mechanics, and nothing else.

No reads, no FFA, no insights - just coasting along.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Where did I say "please peek me" ?

Whoops, got you and Fiona mixed up. It was Fi last night who was asking to be peaked, not you. Apologies.

Rest of the point stands though. There's a bit of a desperation from you with the post.

Derry WW wrote: »
    Whoops, got you and Fiona mixed up. It was Fi last night who was asking to be peaked, not you. Apologies.

Rest of the point stands though. There's a bit of a desperation from you with the post.

It’s not desperatation in so much as a reminder.

One of the things with this game is getting things clarified. Like for example people accusing you of trying to be peaked incorrectly ;)

This game is gas. You can get hung for saying the most innocent thing that can be skewered every which way. Sure don’t i rabbit hole my hole off so I know what that’s like! :pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Loughc wrote: »
    Good morning villagers. More for you to read!

The Ghost of Christmas Past visited Scrooge & Marley during the night and joined their side - a conversion has taken place for the evil spirit team - the OP has been updated
    The Ghost of Christmas Past sought to show Scrooge how he came to such a sorry frame of mind. But it didn't work. Scrooge felt vindicated in his choices and, along with Marley, recruited the Ghost to their cause. The now Evil Spirit inhabited the body of a member of the village with some latent powers and Scrooge's team have gained a seer, but to make up for this magical misdeed, Santa has granted the village a gift.

Fred has been revealed to exist - the OP has been updated
    Fred awoke with a start from a terrible terrible dream. He emerged from his bedroom having dressed himself and went to the copy of the Daily Seer that one of his servants had placed on the breakfast table. He perused it to see what he could divine about what was happening in the village.

Santa has been revealed to exist (i mean we all knew it already) - the OP has been updated
    Santa knew something was wrong in the village. Action needed to be taken. He grabbed his trusty present cannon and strode out the door, ready to do his thing.

After the two deaths the day before, everyone was on edge. The market was set up and all was going good for the day. Pat, the local postman was doing his rounds, whistling as he made his way around the village. It seemed to be "Good King Wenceslas" he was whistling, a nice Christmas feel to it. Snow had started to fall the night before, kids were throwing snowballs at each other and others were pulled about by an older sibling on a sledge. Pat turned into Cookers Lane, stopping by the round well in the centre of cookers square for a drink.

As he bent over the water, he looked at his reflection, but what? He had a hat on, his reflection didn't show a hat. He screamed at the top of his voice and folks came running.
    There in the water was the body of Brendan WW, when he was fished out it was obvious to how he died. Brendan WW had been tied to a large slab of concrete and dropped into the water to die what they get told as the "most peaceful death" Not sure Brendan WW would have agreed with that, going by the expression on his face
    Brendan WW is dead.

Ok, more I read this the more confused/ troubled I get. It clearly states that a conversion has taken place and the ghost inhabited the body of someone with latent powers. That seems to imply someone joining the wolf team, however did they have an unactivated village role or is that filler for how the wolves get a seer?

So: wolf 3 may not have been playing wolfy up to now
    We may have lost an unrevealed village power role. Wolves potentially get the benefit of this unknown role in addition to a seer
    It’s also implied we still have our seer

Most of the above leads me to separate the munch text above from Rionas post this morning. I think whatever is going on there is outside of the munch events.

Speaking of which it would be nice if Riona could give some details (any details) from her side of things. Right now it’s looking like a single suspect day heading into a landslide vote so if riona s village she needs to step up now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Yeh agreed.

The flip side to that is if that it is mind control, you were also the one to bring the post to our attention.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Ok, more I read this the more confused/ troubled I get. It clearly states that a conversion has taken place and the ghost inhabited the body of someone with latent powers. That seems to imply someone joining the wolf team, however did they have an unactivated village role or is that filler for how the wolves get a seer?

So: wolf 3 may not have been playing wolfy up to now
    We may have lost an unrevealed village power role. Wolves potentially get the benefit of this unknown role in addition to a seer
    It’s also implied we still have our seer

Most of the above leads me to separate the munch text above from Rionas post this morning. I think whatever is going on there is outside of the munch events.

Speaking of which it would be nice if Riona could give some details (any details) from her side of things. Right now it’s looking like a single suspect day heading into a landslide vote so if riona s village she needs to step up now.

If you (not you specifically) think Riona is a wolf, then the third wolf is most likely already dead in the form of Oisin. The slip up post was Riona talking to someone other than Oisin but refrencing him which would suggest the about to be converted wolf.

I said i'd put an FFA in today but honestly without something new happening I just see it being

FFA#2

1.Riona

2/3. Anyone creating narratives where Riona isn't a wolf more than they should I guess. The final wolf would probably be one of the people proposing mind control or the like if they were not alone. It's the only play in my mind to keep Riona alive.

can't vote yet though :P

Katie WW wrote: »
    Yeah have a look at Ewan's posts, he's done a whole lot of nothing. Fluff, vague chat about game mechanics, and nothing else.

No reads, no FFA, no insights - just coasting along.

Fluff pretty much none tbh so that untrue.

My posts on game mechanics while it might not be described as indepth it certainly hasn't been vague.

I posted my read on the Fiona situtaion yesterday and voted for her I'm surprised you missed that looking back at my post as indepthly as you did.

So nothing much true in what you said there at all

Now for you
    Don't think any of the top 4 in FFAs are particularly wolfy tbh.

Interesting comment a possible one a wolf might make if they knew no wolfs were up for the chop, worth looking back on if you do end up showing as bad after the lynch tonight

The next 2 posts by you were posted very close together last night 20 minutes apart
    Interesting, only one vote for Angus and Riona, and none for Brendan even though they were #2/3/4 in the FFA. Also a last second bandwagon on me - desperate attempt to save a wolf?
    Everyone who voted Fiona is on my suspicious list apart from Henry ...

In the 2nd again you talk like Fiona wasn't evil something you couldn't be sure of unless you know all the wolfs

But in the 2 posts taken together you flip from it being a bangwagon off Fiona to save a wolf onto you, to being everyone who voted for Fiona is a suspect wolfs.

It can't be both these things it can only be one but you are just thorwing around blame at the Fiona voters and non voters without saying anything concrete. Just mindless ranting of someone who picked up a few votes and seemed rattled.

Today as soon as I say lynch you, you throw out a piss poor attack on me.

Also your wanting to lynch Riona quickly without given the situation time to resolves smacks of trying to start a wagon even though people have some doubt and it might all make sense tomro after 10

To top it all off your ffa was all low posters who weren't posting much and you ended up not voting for any and ended up on a late Oisin wagon yourself

Nigel WW wrote: »
    If you (not you specifically) think Riona is a wolf, then the third wolf is most likely already dead in the form of Oisin. The slip up post was Riona talking to someone other than Oisin but refrencing him which would suggest the about to be converted wolf.

I said i'd put an FFA in today but honestly without something new happening I just see it being

FFA#2

1.Riona

2/3. Anyone creating narratives where Riona isn't a wolf more than they should I guess. The final wolf would probably be one of the people proposing mind control or the like if they were not alone. It's the only play in my mind to keep Riona alive.

can't vote yet though :P

If Oisin was a wolf I think Riona is a wolf and it was a slip. Unless the power was one baddy picking out a baddy and/Goody (Riona and Oisin) for the post. The vig killed Oisin so our priest can hopefully confirm it if the situation arises.

To be honest, but for the Kill thread its a definite kill for Riona. There just seems to be conversions and weird stuff going on aswell. Do Baddies know whats gonna happen and what powers their new recruits will have ? Are they new recruits or is the Kill thread just flavour ? A mod said
    Pter wrote: »
    Flavour be flavour yo

So I am not sure if I have given Riona "an out" by bringing up the Kill thread mention of a villager being taken over or if it was as it said it was . . Can anybody make a decent stab at interpreting the 10am Kill thread ?

If Oisin was a wolf I think Riona is a wolf and it was a slip. Unless the power was one baddy picking out a baddy and/Goody (Riona and Oisin) for the post. The vig killed Oisin so our priest can hopefully confirm it if the situation arises.

To be honest, but for the Kill thread its a definite kill for Riona. There just seems to be conversions and weird stuff going on aswell. Do Baddies know whats gonna happen and what powers their new recruits will have ? Are they new recruits or is the Kill thread just flavour ? A mod said

So I am not sure if I have given Riona "an out" by bringing up the Kill thread mention of a villager being taken over or if it was as it said it was . . Can anybody make a decent stab at interpreting the 10am Kill thread ?

Dont look at the kill threads they are flavour and can be interpreted either way look back at the mod updates to the OP

Its says for village and wolfs that they get the use of the powers each night now while this isn't crystal clear it does imply that both have had the use of the powers from day 1 and the releasing of the info to us is some kinda advent calender thing going on to us not in the know

If we wait one more day we might see Riona could be mind controlled tomoro with the next update. Its the only thing that makes any sense to me.

As the slip is too badly done to be a slip

and a shaman power shouldnt be able to include 2 pieces of info or throwing in something weird like an uncompleted quote

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Yes

#FFAVig
    Angus
    Riona
    Isla

Barbara, apologies if you answered this already, but can you explain this list? wy did you select each of them?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Barbara, apologies if you answered this already, but can you explain this list? wy did you select each of them?

I didn't answer already, and I have to run into a meeting now, then to the doctor after work, but I will explain well before lynch time

Riona WW wrote: »
    There’s still 30 mins to go we could get a CFD going on Brendan?
    Riona WW wrote: »
    Because you’re a wolf and I’m not

Riona, when you get back (and I realise you'll likely be in demand), can you walk me through your thinking here last night. Why were you calling Brendan out as a wolf, what was the thinking on wanting a CFD?

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Dont look at the kill threads they are flavour and can be interpreted either way look back at the mod updates to the OP

Its says for village and wolfs that they get the use of the powers each night now while this isn't crystal clear it does imply that both have had the use of the powers from day 1 and the releasing of the info to us is some kinda advent calender thing going on to us not in the know

If we wait one more day we might see Riona could be mind controlled tomoro with the next update. Its the only thing that makes any sense to me.

As the slip is too badly done to be a slip

and a shaman power shouldnt be able to include 2 pieces of info or throwing in something weird like an uncompleted quote

The bit that troubles me in the kill post is we're specifically told a conversion has taken place. Generally that's not used as just flavour

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Maybe Riona is using the munch post to cover her slip?

Part of me says to lynch her, but another part of me says to hang on to her and choose someone else today, knowing that she is bad. The only danger of this is that there may be an additional power that the wolves have if she’s alive.

Like if she’s their alpha or something?

The other issue with lynching her is that it gives a place for the wolves/SK to hide. If we all vote for one person, we learn nothing.

What we know:
    Dead List:
    Gertrude - munch - unknown
    Fiona - lynch - unknown, possible wolf
    Brendan - munch - Bob - team village - good
    Oisin - vig - unknown, possible wolf

Do we have an apprentice priest? We have to assume the priest is still alive. I’m not saying that the priest should come out straight away, but just something to bear in mind.

We know the seer is still alive because I haven’t gained seer powers yet.

Other things of note:
    - Henry was interrogated but Brendan was munched before he got to learn if Henry did any night time tasks.

Riona, when you get back (and I realise you'll likely be in demand), can you walk me through your thinking here last night. Why were you calling Brendan out as a wolf, what was the thinking on wanting a CFD?

Are you thinking Fiona was bad and on her team and it was an attempt to save a teammate?

So Riona goes after Brendan hard last night , wants him lynched and is on a team that kills him this morning ? Not implausible but doesn't seem very clever for a bad team to choose a target they will munch in the morning .

Unless of course the kill was the SK and the Wolves didn't kill Brendan. That would suggest both bad teams were targeting Brendan (if SK killed him and Riona is bad and targeting him). .

Everytime I start to think that Rionas post was a massive Gaff I start to get the sense that some things are lining up against Riona too well. And then when I start to suspect Riona might be village I counter act that in my head !!

Ah I don't know .

I think even if Riona wasn't a wolf that there'd be a decent chance of a double bluff with Oisin being a wolf on the assumption we might kill Riona first and 'clear' him off that. I don't think that changes the fact that we need to kill Riona tonight however, with peekproof wolves I'm not sure we have another strategy and Riona's absence isn't helping

Are you thinking Fiona was bad and on her team and it was an attempt to save a teammate?

So Riona goes after Brendan hard last night , wants him lynched and is on a team that kills him this morning ? Not implausible but doesn't seem very clever for a bad team to choose a target they will munch in the morning .

Unless of course the kill was the SK and the Wolves didn't kill Brendan. That would suggest both bad teams were targeting Brendan (if SK killed him and Riona is bad and targeting him). .

Everytime I start to think that Rionas post was a massive Gaff I start to get the sense that some things are lining up against Riona too well. And then when I start to suspect Riona might be village I counter act that in my head !!

Ah I don't know .

Not quite, I was trying to piece together why Brendan was killed if a baddie had gone so hard for a mislynch because that looks like a bad play. But if it was an SK kill that probably is redundant. So I'm kind of in a similar headwrecked space to you

Im on there for "clogging up the thraad with ISO's yesterday. Im a wolf trying to spam the thread apparently.

Her list is lazy.

Ah I don't know .

THIS GAME DOES THIS TO YA.

Just when you think you've got it sussed you second guess yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Lynch form is open (whoops).

Advertisement