Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yulewolf - A Werewolf Christmas Carol Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Just in case I'm not on later , im not voting Fiona. Probably one of Barbara or Katie but need to read back more to be sure.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Just in case I'm not on later , im not voting Fiona. Probably one of Barbara or Katie but need to read back more to be sure.

Fiona wont be an option me thinks :pac:

Vernon WW wrote: »

Fiona = Riona

Stupid Autocorrect

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

It has now turned 4pm and as per the rules laid out to me, I am now allowed to talk freely with regards to ALL posts made by me today.

At 9pm last night, I received a PM saying I had been evicted from my room (if I had one)

I was also instructed to copy some text that was within that PM directly after this mornings munch. I couldn’t add to it with my own text, I couldn’t post gifs or vids with it. I did make a mistake in the copy and paste though as I was in a hurry at 10am. I forgot to include the top part which showed that it was a reply to Scrooge. I have been told that there will be consequences for this error but I don’t know what they are.

I was not allowed to mention the eviction or that I had received a PM. Rather than get myself embroiled in conversations about it I decided myself to ignore them completely - hence the “what post” and “I don’t know what you are talking about” posts. I wasn’t going to let the wolf team have everything their way.

I’m now free to discuss it at my leisure. I would say once more to go over the conversations that were started at around 5 this morning as to me it looks like a start of the setup.

I do not know anything about Oisin. I’d also like to say sorry to Brendan for my tunnel vision.

I have an appointment at 4:45 but will answer everyone as soon as I can.

Conor WW wrote: »
    I think even if Riona wasn't a wolf that there'd be a decent chance of a double bluff with Oisin being a wolf on the assumption we might kill Riona first and 'clear' him off that. I don't think that changes the fact that we need to kill Riona tonight however, with peekproof wolves I'm not sure we have another strategy and Riona's absence isn't helping

I was wondering about this. Having Oisin on the list as part of a slip only condemns him if we decide it's a genuine slip. If it's proven to be a fake slip it does nothing to clear him. It would be very risky to include a wolf name in the slip with little pay off. I would say either both are wolf or both are village.

• Advertisement

Im back and fourth on Riona.

I think agruements for both being set up or a wolf slip have merit.

If it was Mind Control its a genius way to use the power. Its a very subtle approach.

If its a wolf slip, which the nature of it is odd itself, then shes defelected well considering the slip.

I just dont know.

I still havent seen anyting from Katie to chnage my feelings on why she she was on my FFA yesterday.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    It has now turned 4pm and as per the rules laid out to me, I am now allowed to talk freely with regards to ALL posts made by me today.

At 9pm last night, I received a PM saying I had been evicted from my room (if I had one)

I was also instructed to copy some text that was within that PM directly after this mornings munch. I couldn’t add to it with my own text, I couldn’t post gifs or vids with it. I did make a mistake in the copy and paste though as I was in a hurry at 10am. I forgot to include the top part which showed that it was a reply to Scrooge. I have been told that there will be consequences for this error but I don’t know what they are.

I was not allowed to mention the eviction or that I had received a PM. Rather than get myself embroiled in conversations about it I decided myself to ignore them completely - hence the “what post” and “I don’t know what you are talking about” posts. I wasn’t going to let the wolf team have everything their way.

I’m now free to discuss it at my leisure. I would say once more to go over the conversations that were started at around 5 this morning as to me it looks like a start of the setup.

I do not know anything about Oisin. I’d also like to say sorry to Brendan for my tunnel vision.

Bit disappointed you didn't thank me for sort of bringing up the fact that you might be setup but I suppose if you are doing things for thanks you aren't really doing things for the right reasons eh ?

Whether you are a goody or a wolf (and I gave you a backstory to put together)

giphy.gif

So its a story, I ll give it that.

So ......... you were kicked from your backroom correct?

Why? What has being kicked form your backroom achieved from a game mechanics POV?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Any more details on who was compelling you - was it a mod PM or did it indicate a particular role was involved?

Angus WW wrote: »

Why? What has being kicked form your backroom achieved from a game mechanics POV?

And whats with the 9-4 mechanic ? Is that normal for a power to last 19 hours?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Presumably being kicked from a back room would act as a temporary power blocker (since they wouldn't be able to place orders, see results, etc), and if we believe Clodagh's story (as I understand it), we know there's backrooms where people are working together?

When I think of Riona's story
    Player list for this game:
    beakerjoe

tenor.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    When I think of Riona's story

tenor.gif

lol

Mind, Joe would have spun a story like that way, way quicker, rather than waiting 6 hours.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Could someone do me a solid please and summerise whats gone down so far today. I havent been able to catch up properly and its seems a lot has happened.

Derry WW wrote: »
    lol

Mind, Joe would have spun a story like that way, way quicker, rather than waiting 6 hours.

Also its short an Almanac . . :pac:

Im leaning towards Clodagh being honest and Riona being dishonest.

Change my mind BEAKERJOE Riona

Steve WW wrote: »
    Could someone do me a solid please and summerise whats gone down so far today. I havent been able to catch up properly and its seems a lot has happened.

Jose Mourihno was sacked . . He had put Riona in a trance for a night so the Vig shot Oisin . . Quite straight forward really . .

The PM was generic. It said you have been evicted from your Backroom (if you have one).

Im leaning towards Clodagh being honest and Riona being dishonest.

Change my mind BEAKERJOE Riona

I am not sure TBH . . . I still find Clodagh coming out just a bit odd. I can see multiple angles and why NRVs may want to draw attention away from baddies but a claim on a role we don't know exists is hard to support. .

Conor WW wrote: »
    Any more details on who was compelling you - was it a mod PM or did it indicate a particular role was involved?

It was a PM from the mods.

The first part of the quote I messed up showed it was from Scrooge. The PM was titled “eviction”.

I’m on the road. I promise I’ll answer everyone as soon as I’m back and read up.

• Advertisement

Off the top of my head:

-Brendan Killed (not sure by SK or wolves)
    - More roles revealed (see OP and Kill thread).
    -Clodagh claimed Vice Seer role (seer dies she is seer). I haven't made sense yet of why she felt it worthwhile coming out
    - Riona's post at 10.02 looked like a massive gaff by two wolves (Oisin mentioned in it) planning in a backroom. The Kill thread at 10 suggests a villager was possessed by a spirit but we don't know if that was flavour or not. Riona was talking crazy when asked which looked like a tactic to give her time to come up with a plan. Shes come out and said it was some power used against her and we have to figure out if shes telling the truth or not
    - Oisin was shot

I think that's it , did I miss anything ?

I am not sure TBH . . . I still find Clodagh coming out just a bit odd. I can see multiple angles and why NRVs may want to draw attention away from baddies but a claim on a role we don't know exists is hard to support. .

Im not fully on board with Clodagh, but one a balance of things Im taking her at face value.

I dont like the rationale for coming out, if I was her I may have stayed hidden. She didnt want a bandwagon on Riona, fair enough but I dont see how her coming out will derail a Riona lynch.

That said, Riona also needs to explain herself better when she returns.

Plenty of time though, its only 430.

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Maybe Riona is using the munch post to cover her slip?

Part of me says to lynch her, but another part of me says to hang on to her and choose someone else today, knowing that she is bad. The only danger of this is that there may be an additional power that the wolves have if she’s alive.

Like if she’s their alpha or something?

The other issue with lynching her is that it gives a place for the wolves/SK to hide. If we all vote for one person, we learn nothing.

What we know:
    Dead List:
    Gertrude - munch - unknown
    Fiona - lynch - unknown, possible wolf
    Brendan - munch - Bob - team village - good
    Oisin - vig - unknown, possible wolf

Do we have an apprentice priest? We have to assume the priest is still alive. I’m not saying that the priest should come out straight away, but just something to bear in mind.

We know the seer is still alive because I haven’t gained seer powers yet.

Other things of note:
    - Henry was interrogated but Brendan was munched before he got to learn if Henry did any night time tasks.

You never answered me before Clo,

Why do you think Henry is a possible wolf?

My reading of it is, Henry was in the room with Brenden, Bren claimed he was Nigel............

So would a wolf not target Nigel instead?

Or do you think Henry is a wolf, who is trying to make himself look good by not munching Nigel?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Off the top of my head:

-Brendan Killed (not sure by SK or wolves)
    - More roles revealed (see OP and Kill thread).
    -Clodagh claimed Vice Seer role (seer dies she is seer). I haven't made sense yet of why she felt it worthwhile coming out
    - Riona's post at 10.02 looked like a massive gaff by two wolves (Oisin mentioned in it) planning in a backroom. The Kill thread at 10 suggests a villager was possessed by a spirit but we don't know if that was flavour or not. Riona was talking crazy when asked which looked like a tactic to give her time to come up with a plan. Shes come out and said it was some power used against her and we have to figure out if shes telling the truth or not
    - Oisin was shot

I think that's it , did I miss anything ?

Cheers Hols. Not sure why a vice seer would reveal themselves, was clodagh under threat from the vig? If the seer is still alive she would have no info for us, right?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    No, that's my point. It was unclear whether in this game it was evening or night (lynch or munch). Given that we had no SK kill at yesterday's lynch, I'm suggesting that it's at the munch that the SK kills. But in the case of yesterday's munch, the wolves didn't get a kill and got the convert instead. Of course it's only speculation. But it does seem like the most likely scenario given the events of yesterday.

@Henry, can you explain the post here in light of Clodagh's post this morning?

Also, what time was it when you were interrogated?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

I dont really know what to think now I'll have to let it sink in a bit but 4pm seems an odd deadline for something you would think should be a full cycle action.

So Henry was interogated, correct?

No SK kill yet, right.............

Was his power blocked when he was in with Brenden?

Cheers Hols. Not sure why a vice seer would reveal themselves, was clodagh under threat from the vig? If the seer is still alive she would have no info for us, right?

Yeh its a head scratcher. I don't understand Clodagh's thought process on coming out. I have come out on thread before as a RV and people gave me crap, but that was because I thought my kneck was on the line. I am not sure Clodagh was under any threat (but she can clear that up).

So claiming Vice seer (a role we don't know exists) is kind of a soft claim. How many games have such a role ? Are the players who have that power usually told from the start ?

I also think there was some other stuff about rooms Clodagh mentioned, but I cant remember why she knew about that. Something about Brendan, my head was a bit melted about Jose so I couldn't focus on it.

Between Riona and Cloadagh I am a bit perplexed . .

And whats with the 9-4 mechanic ? Is that normal for a power to last 19 hours?

Lots dont add up..........

Is this "an appointment"Riona speaks of a way to buy time to avoid questions and come up with more parts to her story?

• Advertisement

Yeh its a head scratcher. I don't understand Clodagh's thought process on coming out. I have come out on thread before as a RV and people gave me crap, but that was because I thought my kneck was on the line. I am not sure Clodagh was under any threat (but she can clear that up).

So claiming Vice seer (a role we don't know exists) is kind of a soft claim. How many games have such a role ? Are the players who have that power usually told from the start ?

I also think there was some other stuff about rooms Clodagh mentioned, but I cant remember why she knew about that. Something about Brendan, my head was a bit melted about Jose so I couldn't focus on it.

Between Riona and Cloadagh I am a bit perplexed . .

What did the village gain by Clodagh coming out when she did?

Why not stay quiet ?

Advertisement