Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yulewolf - A Werewolf Christmas Carol Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Cause I trust Brendan.

Sorry Henry but this is a bit too convenient for me. I was completely out of it yesterday and couldn't read much on the thread so I skimmed. You're putting a lot of stock in the fact that Brendan told you that if he invited a wolf into the room with him they would both die. But Clodagh can't corroborate that right? And no one else was interrogated? That's mighty convenient for you isn't it? It all but clears you of being a wolf. But not a SK.
    Holly WW wrote: »
    Anybody who went in hard on me today and either softened up or kept at it is worth a closer inspection.

I’d say Henry, Nigel, Wendy , Gabriel and Isla in that order.

Incidentally I find Phil disappearing after my post a bit odd but it is 12.30

This was supposed to be an early night for me! Ah feck it.....

So what you're saying here Holly is that you don't like anyone who challenged you full stop? Or are you talking to yourself? Coz why would anyone else think you're important enough to be inspecting people because they went after you?

In more personal terms, my head is way less fuzzy this morning and I've made it into work so I should be around a bit more. Sorry about yesterday but I could barely lift my head off the couch.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Given that your boards access now appears to be limited, I'll help.

I'm not sure how that's ironic, Alanis....

Ironic because I thought I was talking to Migel and ‘Nigel’ said he thought Brendan was right about you but it was Brendan writing all along.

In work but boss isn’t so so more able to sneak.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Cause it’s fun.... Ah if my Hans Gruber stuff is rubbing some people’s rhubarb the wrong way I suppose I will let it go .....

giphy.gif

So just a standard NRV then?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

@Steve - did you ever explain why you voted for Phil last night?

Wanted to ruffle some feathers, if nothing else it got him more involved, wether that was dye to more free time in rl I cant say.

Also, I didnt want to bandwagon Riona, thats not my style. I hadnt enough thought on her being a baddie. So call my phil vote a trowaway, if I voted Riona it would have been the same.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

I think it would help you today to review my big post last night...... Maybe we can chat later about it.
    I'll give it another go I suppose. I started tuning out your posts after the general "Remember it was me who helped you..", "Don't forget to thank me..", "Everyone who voted for me is evil.." vibe. I'm paraphrasing there mostly, I think. I'll have another look though.

• Advertisement

This never being mentioned once popped up in his preceding long spiel too.

Mhmm...

On this, Henry you said you copy and pasted everything for your records. Was Clodagh mentioned?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    So you have no doubts that it was a slip, not a stitch up? Who do you think is wolfyiest so? And why?

I have doubts but believe it was a slip overall and voted accordingly. As stated I found it stood out people creating the narrative to defend Riona for her and 1 even kept pointing out she was first to do so to get credit, I will be watching these people a litte more if I’m alive later but honestly there is nobody i can hang my hat on and I’m sure of at this point.

So, this was Brendan telling me that he wasn't actually Nigel after all. And I totally missed it. I read it and merely thought "wow, he used the same code words as Nigel, what a co-incidence". Stupid Henrey! It'll probably what will get me lynched. Possibly can only blame it on morning tiredness and concentrating instead on the ISOs of Desmond and Derry.

When you thought it was a coincidence did you go back to "Nigel" and say that? Or just think it to yourself?

Isla WW wrote: »
    Sorry Henry but this is a bit too convenient for me. I was completely out of it yesterday and couldn't read much on the thread so I skimmed. You're putting a lot of stock in the fact that Brendan told you that if he invited a wolf into the room with him they would both die. But Clodagh can't corroborate that right? And no one else was interrogated? That's mighty convenient for you isn't it? It all but clears you of being a wolf. But not a SK.

I’m saying that Brendan said we’d both die. I also said that I didn’t believe him. So the fact that I’m still alive does not clear me as a wolf and leave me open to be the SK. It doesn’t clear me at all.

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    On this, Henry you said you copy and pasted everything for your records. Was Clodagh mentioned?

No she was not mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Flow is the manner in which they post. Wolves would have a disjointed flow to their posts. They would not respond to posts in the moment. Whereas villagers can post and post and if a new post was made by someone else, instantly snap to that post with another post and another post.

Much in the same way that you are doing now with me. it can be faked, but in my experience it's hard to do.

Tone is how the posts look. A wolfy tone is a post that looks very carefully constructed. A bit like this one because I'm trying to convey exactly what the two mean in my head, lol. A villagery tone would look like a stream of conscious thought just thrown down on the page

I get those feelings when I read back on Henry's posts.

Neither are a full proof technique. But they are how I make a lot of my reads in the early game and sometimes they are right and sometimes they are wrong

This reads like bollox to me.

Why are these flows exclusive to wolves and villagers?

Steve WW wrote: »
    Wanted to ruffle some feathers, if nothing else it got him more involved, wether that was dye to more free time in rl I cant say.

Also, I didnt want to bandwagon Riona, thats not my style. I hadnt enough thought on her being a baddie. So call my phil vote a trowaway, if I voted Riona it would have been the same.

Right so you didn’t vote Holly again because on reflection your reasons were flimsy but you voted Phil to ruffle feathers and as a throwaway??

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

I'll give it another go I suppose. I started tuning out your posts after the general "Remember it was me who helped you..", "Don't forget to thank me..", "Everyone who voted for me is evil.." vibe. I'm paraphrasing there mostly, I think. I'll have another look though.

Yeh, look at me trying to take credit for being the first person to suggest a power night be in play against Riona after she said some mind blowing stuff.

Riona left us breadcrumbs Dessie.. I missed them yesterday but I see them now. I think you should meditate on that for awhile. I’m very interested to see how your day pans out.

Phil WW wrote: »
    Do you see my reasonings or are you just butthurt because I intend to follow through on Brendans promises ?

Ah doing it all for Brendan.... how noble.

You know regardless of Brendan being good or not, he didnt have a crystal ball knowing who the wolves were.

You really wanna make people think your good dont you

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    When you thought it was a coincidence did you go back to "Nigel" and say that? Or just think it to yourself?

Just to myself. Was concentrating on ISOs at the time.

I’m very interested to see how your day pans out.
    :eek:

The two sets of votes
    Derry, Desmond and Nigel all voting for the lynched both times

Oisin didn't vote to save himself on day one. He may have miscalculated on the numbers but that's a poor miscalculation so either he's a villager or both himself and fiona were wolves and voting away from it was trying to signal him being good.

Katie also didn't vote to save herself really, voting for Oisin wouldn't have been as effective in that regard as voting for Fiona.

Vernon has been on second place in both lynches.

Wendy, you voted for Riona on night one, how come you did not vote for her last night? Apologies if you have already answered this.

Steve also seems to be throwing votes around on people unlikely to be lynched. This may be just him going with who he thinks he should go with or else a wolf just trying to stay away from the main action. Same can be said for Wendy (on top of the switch off Riona)
    Pter wrote: »
    Voting Record.

Those directly under each bolded name were last to vote for that bolded name.

Fiona WW

Derry WW
    Ewan WW
    Isla WW
    Desmond WW
    Nigel WW
    Henry WW

Oisin WW
    Fiona WW
    Katie WW
    Holly WW
    Vernon WW

Katie WW
    Gabriel WW
    Mary WW
    Angus

Gabriel WW
    Clodagh ww
    Conor WW

Desmond WW
    Brendan WW
    Riona WW

Wendy WW
    Oisin WW

Angus WW
    Barbara WW

Holly WW

Steve WW

Riona WW
    Wendy WW
    Pter wrote: »
    Top name under the bolded person voted last, and then down until the bottom person who voted first. VERIFIED THIS TIME.

Vote Record:

Riona WW

Phil WW
    Mary WW
    Katie WW
    Derry WW
    Conor WW
    Clodagh WW
    Desmond WW
    Barbara WW
    Angus WW
    Nigel WW

Nigel WW
    Holly WW
    Vernon WW
    Riona ww

Holly WW
    Gabriel WW
    Isla WW

Vernon WW
    Wendy WW

Phil WW
    Steve WW

Desmond WW
    Henry WW

Katie WW
    Ewan WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    This reads like bollox to me.

Why are these flows exclusive to wolves and villagers?
    It is bollox.

I've work in a few, but half day today :D so I should be back on again properly after lunchtime.
    Assuming Holly hasn't killed me in the interim - dunno what the hell that post was about :confused:

Steve WW wrote: »

This has me all sort of curious.

:eek:
    It is bollox.

I've work in a few, but half day today :D so I should be back on again properly after lunchtime.
    Assuming Holly hasn't killed me in the interim - dunno what the hell that post was about :confused:

I’m not going to kill anybody.

But you know what this place is like. When I hear something that I know is a lie I get flustered. My first instinct is to attack the person having a go at me or defend myself. What I should do is take a step back , reflect on what is going on and maybe ask myself “why would this person say something about me that I know is not true?”. It can be hard Dessie but it usually leads me to find the answer. That’s the way I try to do things here.

Tell you what, maybe read the stuff I posted last night and we will chat later.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

I was tempted to do a "Vote and see what reaction I get" vote last night, but ultimately realised that it can be dangerous, especially when the village are all over the shop like we were last night. I know it turned into a landslide for Riona, but still, there was a few names being flown round, and it can also look, long term, like someone who just straight up doesn't want to be on a bandwagon so they can't be accused of being on one. It's also a shakey justification too; after two days, you really shouldn't have a "throwaway" vote, should you?

Derry WW wrote: »
    I was tempted to do a "Vote and see what reaction I get" vote last night, but ultimately realised that it can be dangerous, especially when the village are all over the shop like we were last night. I know it turned into a landslide for Riona, but still, there was a few names being flown round, and it can also look, long term, like someone who just straight up doesn't want to be on a bandwagon so they can't be accused of being on one. It's also a shakey justification too; after two days, you really shouldn't have a "throwaway" vote, should you?

No you shouldn't, nor you be trying to semi justify why steve would

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

"Disorganised village", "Village all over the shop" posts drive me mad. We're always like this. Every. Single. Game.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    "Disorganised village", "Village all over the shop" posts drive me mad. We're always like this. Every. Single. Game.

We'd usually have FFA results from Day 2 though.

Barbara WW wrote: »

In theory every village is all over the shop until a seer or priest comes out.

Steves vote reasoning coupled with Derrys 'i get where hes coming from' post doesnt sit well with me

We'd usually have FFA results from Day 2 though.

There were a few options , one didnt have to throw away a vote for ' ruffling feathers' ,

I dont but that rationale

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Right here it is folks.

Every story needs a writer, and every writer knows his cast.

Gertrude was NRV, but also the app BG
    Fiona was NRV, but also the serial killer cub
    Brendan was Bob Cratchet, the Interrogator and Lover
    Oisin was NRV. but also the Ghost of Christmas Present
    Riona WW was NRV

Reason I'm writing this now is I fear getting munched, and I want to get some constructive conversations going today. But also, I might not be available tomorrow morning at 10am to do it.

I think Henry is telling the truth about being interrogated, weather that clears him I don't know.

TL.DR I'm Charles Dickens, the priest.

468458.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Good morning villagers!

The Ghost of Christmas Present has been revealed to have once existed - the OP has been updated

The Ghost of Christmas Present visited Scrooge and tried to convince him to think of all the joy in the world at the moment didand Ituse that as inspiration to change his ways .it didn't work however and Scrooge convinced the spirit to join his nefarious plot. However no suitable body was available so the Spirit faded back into the ether .

Belle has been revealed to exist - the OP has been updated.

Martha Cratchit, also known as Emily Cratchit (for the sake of propriety and covering over a flavour goof), has been revealed to exist - the OP has been updated.

Erol turned into Madigan Avenue and the second door, the house that belonged to Vernon WW had a dark red Christmas Tree
    painted on it, just like the other morning. He ran like a madman to find the police.

They came back with him and they opened the door. On the floor was a note, it read
    "Vernon WW said they had trouble getting hard, happy to help"

They all looked at each other puzzled. On the bed Vernon WW looked to be sleeping peacefully.
    But there was a stand with a drip beside the bed and a line going into the crook of their arm
    Beside a chair were some empty canisters, they read formaldehyde, glutaraldehyde, methanol, humectants

Erol looked in absolute horror, he went and touched the body of Vernon WW , it was hard. He wasn't sleeping at all, but had been
    embalmed to death.

They all left the house while a team was called in to investigate what had happened. Erol was feeling pretty faint at this stage
    He took a walk down by the river, to get some fresh air and clear his head of such visions. No better place than beside water
    that is for sure!

There seemed to be something beside the bin. He gingerly walked towards it and the smell of poop nearly knocked him out. Flies swarmed around the poo. It was disgusting looking. Erol never noticed at first that there were flies going in and out the bin as well. Inside the bin was a severed head, it was Barbara WW head. Someone had literally ripped off their head and sh1t down their neck.

Barbara WW was most definitely dead. Let's send their spouse a ham for over the festive.

Clodagh WW stared into her porridge. She sighed one long last sigh before collapsing into her porridge.

Clodagh WW is dead.

Vernon WW and Barbara WW and Clodagh WW are dead.

Right I've left this as late as I could, I am the villager seer, Fred Claus. I knew from the beginning of the game but was not activated until yesterday. I had to do a backroom task after which the mods posted in my backroom a copy of a daily seer news report which revealed that Katie was aligned good. I didn't pick to peek Katie but I think my task led to a random selection.

I got my own peek last night and chose Desmond as I trust Brendan. Desmond is aligned bad. I can confirm that there is an apprentice seer who will have access to my br when I'm dead but I don't know who they are or if they are alive.

• Advertisement

Just to add to that though , if anybody doubts me coming out now, tell me if they think the real seer should come out to counter my claim. That's what I think is important right now!

I mean if somebody is reading this thread now and saying "wait a minute Holly, that's not true", I would suggest they pause , reflect and maybe review stuff . . I hope Dessie knows at this stage because he should be still wiping bread crumbs off his lap . .

Advertisement