Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yulewolf - A Werewolf Christmas Carol Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    Some posts Ive just looked through. All from yesterday when the mind control theory was being floated.

The mention of the ghost of Christmas present having mind control here.

Then eager for lynching Katie...... why Katie?

Did Ewan know what power the GOCP had?

The bolded bit here struck me yesterday. Why is he so eager to down play mind control. Why not have an open mind about it?

If you go through all my posts yesterday I didn't believe it could be as simple as a slip up it just didn't look right for a failed copy and paste job. I thought the Christmas present ghost was (A) likely one that could take control of suppose (narrative wise) and (b) might get access to the power before its reviled on thread but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Turns out I was wrong anyways as the mods updated Present ghost to wolf priest

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

I was also wary if it was a move to get Riona killed i was wary of the ones pushing her so hard

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    If Riona couldn't respond yesterday then why would Holly be able to respond today?

Thats what I was checking. It would seem Holly is at least playing along with being under a spell if thats the case. Not sure why she would do that but she did urge the Vig not to shoot Des, maybe so that at 4pm she can say it was Mind control but Des admitted the role himself so... I'm very confused here in terms of what play shes making.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

If Riona couldn't respond yesterday then why would Holly be able to respond today?

REMEMBER

Just because you believe Holly was mind controlled does not mean she is cleared.

Im believing her story thus far.

Im also believing Steve unless some other info comes to light.

Santa, choose your gift receiver wisely.

Vig if your gonna shoot, good luck.

While Steve is not confirmed, Im taking him at face value for now.

Though Im wary of the real priest being dead and Stevo being the bad priest.

Im trusting Steve though

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Thats what I was checking. It would seem Holly is at least playing along with being under a spell if thats the case. Not sure why she would do that but she did urge the Vig not to shoot Des, maybe so that at 4pm she can say it was Mind control but Des admitted the role himself so... I'm very confused here in terms of what play shes making.

That's the part that I don't understand really.

Desmond admitted he's the SK. If it's a case of the power influencing Holly, what's the excuse for Desmond?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

REMEMBER

Just because you believe Holly was mind controlled does not mean she is cleared.

Im believing her story thus far.

Im also believing Steve unless some other info comes to light.

Santa, choose your gift receiver wisely.

Vig if your gonna shoot, good luck.

Oh god yeah, even if Holly has been mind controlled by a wolf, doesn't mean she can't be a SK and is playing with Des for the long game. Which explains why Des was so eager to come out and lie down at her feet. He sacrifices himself to get Holly onto the Villager bus that she can just ride to the endgame. Nice plan if so.

Derry WW wrote: »
    That's the part that I don't understand really.

Desmond admitted he's the SK. If it's a case of the power influencing Holly, what's the excuse for Desmond?

Who knows..... lets see what he says as the day progresses......

Hes been pretty open about being the SK.

So right now.

Holly - Claimed seer, straight away looked to be flagging to indicate it wasnt a real claim. Appeared to be mind controlled.

Steve - reveal as priest.

Des - Outted by the seer claim by Holly, who is claiming not to be seer. Has since come out as SK.

We have lots of scenarios where all could be evil.

Desmonds is the one thats causing me most bother.

If hes mind controlled, that would mean himself and Holly are claiming to be mind controlled. I dont think 2 at once is likely.

• Advertisement

Holly as the mind control victim fits the profile more than Des though. Holly came out at 10am same as Riona yesterday with a story.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Ok folks, spoiler for below, I think Henry and Nigel May be wolves if Riona is right. Remember I was the first person to point out that I thought Riona was under some mind control. If you were a baddy who was loving the Riona spell I would be annoying you. I had people coming at me from different corners at different times so got flustered at times. Some things are starting to make sense to me but I’m wrecked and spent ages doing this up so it will have to do for now if I last out the day tomorrow.

I’m not up to speed on everything so trying to use this as a notepad aswell. Note to self - Wendy quickly changed off me too. When you get the chance holly check out who went after you and the time they ceased and desisted....

So, Just thinking back to Riona who was pointing a finger at Nigel. Rionas story is :

Ok so the conversation she means is:

Ok. If I’m under some power that forces me to post something that’s going to look suspicious and paranoid about who poisoned me why would I find that a bit dodge? Well it’s possibly the last paragraph suggesting you let a talkative wolf talk. So like if somebody posted something that looked like it was an error from a backroom , we should let them talk themselves into a digger grave ?

I haven’t linked all Nigel’s posts that morning cause I’m tired and only looking from a Riona POV:

This was Nigel responding to Brendan, who died at munch, suggesting Nigel was Jack Frost. Hence Riona trusting Brendan’s gut. I’m surprised this didn’t show up on Henry’s radar considering he has made a lot of noises about trusting Brendan. If I have time tomorrow I will be looking a lot closer at Henry.

If I’m Riona and I think I’m being setup and made post something that looks dodgy as f**k, then somebody suggesting that we should have a Vig FFA is very unfortunate. This would look like a wolf laying the ground work for my quick kill after my blooper.

Very eager for an FFA on Vig bullets there Nigel .... response to our friend Henry ... Nice on thread interaction if it’s the case.

Angus asking why we should I do an FFA

If I am Riona its Roughly translated “cause I know Riona is going to paint a target on her head in the next hour”.

Nigel disappears from 9.05 to 10.12 after being very active in the morning. So somebody focusing on times of posting might cop that right?

Well step forward Henry who starts to go after me because I posted just after Munch on day 1 and looked suspicious. Henry who also posted an interaction I had with Brendan that casted shade on me (I had a disagreement with Brendan).

Henry, what you described about me was exactly what Nigel did on day 2 and the fact that you “trust Brendan” it’s difficult to understand how You missed all the hints Brendan and Riona left for you.

You also said around 8 when it looked obvious that Riona was gone that you thought she was prob mind controlled but didn’t mean she was good.

Bit odd that. Your hunch’s on me have been wishy washy but I think you are actually projecting a serious accusation about my timing posting after munch when I have shown Nigel to be even more dodgy. Given that you “trust Brendan” it’s funny you didn’t register his Jack Frost mention to Nigel as maybe a red flag. You thought Riona May of been setup but didn’t listen to her point the finger at Nigel, instead pointing it at me.

You said Brendan was very hot on Desmond

Yet you didn’t think him calling Nigel Jack Frost or using Nigel’s name was in. Anyway suspicious? You say

But we only have your word on what he said and I think I’ve shown enough to suggest brendan didn’t like Nigel. Looks like you subbed Desmond for Nigel and me for your mate Nigel aswell. Hell we are all cover for Nigel !!!

Incidentally to put more context on that last quote this was your response to Islas question:

I think I know why you didn’t vote for me..... ;)

For reference, here’s Holly’s big post from last night. Last line is interesting - Nigel, what are your thoughts?

Also, Steve and Henry need to be contributing to our thought processes today

Desmond WW wrote: »
    You got me - I'm an SK, but I don't think it's in my interests for the wolves to be believed. But Steve is lying. Gertie was the priest. I'd be wary of those keen to rush me to death.

This really confuses me. If Des is willing to (assuming no mind control for now) be honest and admit being a baddie why would he lie about Gertie being the priest in the same post. It's make far more sense to lie about the first part if you were going to lie at all.

Desmond WW wrote: »
    You got me - I'm an SK, but I don't think it's in my interests for the wolves to be believed. But Steve is lying. Gertie was the priest. I'd be wary of those keen to rush me to death.

This is Des's first post after the munch. Maybe fits?

Holly as the mind control victim fits the profile more than Des though. Holly came out at 10am same as Riona yesterday with a story.

I concur, Desmond hasnt been on at all.

Would it be likely that Des is the SK and got outted by Holly under mind Control?

So The wolves could peek Des, they know hes SK.

They feed the info to Holly to post.

Des, just gives up and reveals.

Its the last part I have an issue with, but its all likely.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

This really confuses me. If Des is willing to (assuming no mind control for now) be honest and admit being a baddie why would he lie about Gertie being the priest in the same post. It's make far more sense to lie about the first part if you were going to lie at all.

I’ve been in at least one game where a baddie fessed up but then screwed the village with bad ‘help’. Can’t see why he’s lie about being a baddie though unless there’s dual mind control stuff, which seems unlikely.

We’ll see at 4 but for the moment I’d be inclined to have Des shot to test the priest now the wolf priest is dead.

Any thoughts on Holly’s post from last night Nigel?

Conor WW wrote: »
    For reference, here’s Holly’s big post from last night. Last line is interesting - Nigel, what are your thoughts?

Also, Steve and Henry need to be contributing to our thought processes today

tbh the whole Brendan pretending to be me while talking to Henry thing was confusing to me as much as anyone but I don't think there was anything made from it apart from Brendan didn't get a reaction to indicate myself and Henry were on a team together. Right now i'd ean village on Henry so that makes sense but yeah Brendan and myself clashed early on but then he seemed to switch targets and go for Des. I wonder why he didn't take in someone he suspected more.

I’ve been in at least one game where a baddie fessed up but then screwed the village with bad ‘help’. Can’t see why he’s lie about being a baddie though unless there’s dual mind control stuff, which seems unlikely.

We’ll see at 4 but for the moment I’d be inclined to have Des shot to test the priest now the wolf priest is dead.

How can we test them though?

tbh the whole Brendan pretending to be me while talking to Henry thing was confusing to me as much as anyone but I don't think there was anything made from it apart from Brendan didn't get a reaction to indicate myself and Henry were on a team together. Right now i'd ean village on Henry so that makes sense but yeah Brendan and myself clashed early on but then he seemed to switch targets and go for Des. I wonder why he didn't take in someone he suspected more.

Why were yoiu dead against Mind Control yesterday?

I don't trust Des either after his mess up but then again I didn't Riona yesterday (still ot convinced by the priest reveal so maybe I was right there but looking less good for that now). That said I've seen situations like you outline but I think the "help" is usually in subsequent posts not the same short post where they unnecesarily out themselves.

As said i'd be inclined to think Des is the SK (but maybe wait till 4) but think there is a possibility at least one of our 10am reveals are bluffers.

• Advertisement

Why were yoiu dead against Mind Control yesterday?

This morning I have repeated a few times that I did have my doubts but I thought Riona had slipped up and that it wasn't MC. given that was my position I did not like people providing the MC excuse for Riona before she even said it herself and as a result was suspicious of people who did so.

That isn't mad is it? Obviously those people who had given the excuse and went looking for credit on thread for pointing it out would not like me then and since I have been a target.

How many wolves / SKs do people actually think are left at this stage?

I'm a little worried people will just go quiet until 4pm at which point we will either get no new info or be confused for the next few hours by a MC suggestion like yesterday.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

I have known my role from the beginning. I tried to look a bit dodgy at the beginning, get vil against me and maybe keep the baddies at bay if vil is against me, didnt quite work out that well

Des, he picks the only role in my list that could make me look sus.

Wolf priest it seems didnt make it to the wolf room so I couldnt know info from them. I find it hard to believe there is an sk priest, 3 priests in a game is odd.

I will try to be around as much as posible today but Ive a lot on.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Presumably Marley is doing the mind control, probably as part of the role block:

Marley (Power Blocker) - Can block the powers of a player each night. Very evil and tricky spirit!

This morning I have repeated a few times that I did have my doubts but I thought Riona had slipped up and that it wasn't MC. given that was my position I did not like people providing the MC excuse for Riona before she even said it herself and as a result was suspicious of people who did so.

That isn't mad is it? Obviously those people who had given the excuse and went looking for credit on thread for pointing it out would not like me then and since I have been a target.

Its not mad.

But considering that it appears mind control is present in the game, it looks like you were trying to down play mind control and shut people down from talking about it. It could be looked at that you were trying to get Riona Lynched.

Again, this is all if your bad.

Its just how it looks to me.

Steve WW wrote: »
    I have known my role from the beginning. I tried to look a bit dodgy at the beginning, get vil against me and maybe keep the baddies at bay if vil is against me, didnt quite work out that well

Des, he picks the only role in my list that could make me look sus.

Wolf priest it seems didnt make it to the wolf room so I couldnt know info from them. I find it hard to believe there is an sk priest, 3 priests in a game is odd.

I will try to be around as much as posible today but Ive a lot on.

What do you make of Des being SK?

Do you accept his reveal to be SK?

Katie WW wrote: »
    Presumably Marley is doing the mind control, probably as part of the role block:

Marley (Power Blocker) - Can block the powers of a player each night. Very evil and tricky spirit!

The MInd Control could be classed as Tricky I suppose.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Also I would guess that wolves don't know who the spirits are until recruited. Otherwise they wouldn't have thrown Oisin under the bus

I don't trust Des either after his mess up but then again I didn't Riona yesterday (still ot convinced by the priest reveal so maybe I was right there but looking less good for that now). That said I've seen situations like you outline but I think the "help" is usually in subsequent posts not the same short post where they unnecesarily out themselves.

As said i'd be inclined to think Des is the SK (but maybe wait till 4) but think there is a possibility at least one of our 10am reveals are bluffers.

So whos your money on to be a bluffer?

• Advertisement

Its not mad.

But considering that it appears mind control is present in the game, it looks like you were trying to down play mind control and shut people down from talking about it. It could be looked at that you were trying to get Riona Lynched.

Again, this is all if your bad.

Its just how it looks to me.

it appears that way now and even then that is not confirmed. At the time it appeared that A wolf had slipped and others were giving that potential wolf the only feasible excuse that could potentially keep them alive.

Advertisement