Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yulewolf - A Werewolf Christmas Carol Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    At the time it appeared that A wolf had slipped and others were giving that potential wolf the only feasible excuse that could potentially keep them alive.

I agree with Nige on this. That was how I saw the situation as well

I think Steve is legit, Holly was MC'd and Des is SK.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    How can we test them though?

See what comes back on des in the first instance. If it’s a lie claim it should get harder to credibly maintain as the game goes on

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

BANG - A shot has been fired.

Isla WW has been shot and is now dead.

TL:DR Isla is dead.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

So whos your money on to be a bluffer?

I am worried im going down rabbit holes but I'll indulge you

I think Des is the SK because why else would he say it. Mind control? well maybe which is why I would advocate waiting till 4pm before shooting him or anyone else.

Holly I didn't trust yesterday and maybe there is some residual leftover from that but the fact that Holly is also acting as if under Mind control means we can not trust her nor her reveal until at least 4pm too.

Steve would be the one I'd think most would be inclined to believe but he's not confirmed by anyone and I do have some slight doubt all his info is correct because of Des countering his info on us having an App BG (so I assume we have a living BG if true) considering he did it whie completely unnecesarily admitting to being a baddie.

Maybe I am being too outspoken in trying to warn the village but none of the above scream row in behind me and trust what I'm saying yet

• Advertisement

was that our Vig? Isla... why? Isla has barely registered to me in this game. Hope it was a good choice anyway but that means Des has to wait until at east the lynch if it was the vig

Weird shot.

@Steve what was Isla?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    Weird shot.

@Steve what was Isla?
    She was ghost of future.

Awesome. Our vig must have received a peek from Santa I think.

If that's what happened we could be in a really nice situation. Santa and vig can confirm each other potentially

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Isla was nrv

And going to be ghost of xmas future

Steve WW wrote: »
    Isla was nrv

And going to be ghost of xmas future

Why does an SK have that info before you?

Hi Des

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

No idea how or what des, but he seems to know the dead.

That's interesting - so it confirms that both Steve and Des have legit priest powers of some sort

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

My reads thus far -

Nigel - Not liking his rubbishing of mind control yesterday. Its just a guess, but if Nigel was behind the Mind Control, it would be in his interest to down play Mind Control being a thing. Slight wolf lean

Phil - Hate his flow and tone explaination used in his read of Henry and others. Its very wishy washy. Uses a lot of "this player made villagery posts" yet doesnt provide why he felt they were villagery.

His post here on Henry smells like bollox
    Phil WW wrote: »
    Flow is the manner in which they post. Wolves would have a disjointed flow to their posts. They would not respond to posts in the moment. Whereas villagers can post and post and if a new post was made by someone else, instantly snap to that post with another post and another post.

Much in the same way that you are doing now with me. it can be faked, but in my experience it's hard to do.

Tone is how the posts look. A wolfy tone is a post that looks very carefully constructed. A bit like this one because I'm trying to convey exactly what the two mean in my head, lol. A villagery tone would look like a stream of conscious thought just thrown down on the page

I get those feelings when I read back on Henry's posts.

Neither are a full proof technique. But they are how I make a lot of my reads in the early game and sometimes they are right and sometimes they are wrong

Babs - Felt her play has been very lazy thus far, but its nothing to send her to the gallows for. Not the lowest poster, but id like to see more substance from her. I would love to see her reads on everyone

Mary/Wendy - Low posters, need to contribute more.

Katie - Had a slight wolf lean since the start, I feel they are capable of contributing more meaningful posts. Would love a read list from her

Isla - No read on yet, but like teh others needs to contribute more. seems more active today though so that may help.

Des - Wolf lean. Out of all the reveals, his is the stangest. I dont think a double mind control trick today is likely and im believing Holly for now.

Holly - Im taking her at face value. Though what if shes the mind controller, she plans this elaborate hoax surrounding her "seer claim" She says she was mind controlled, it looks like she was mind controled, but isnt. Then she controls DES. Tell me IM crazy?

Those who Ive not added to my read list need further look at from me as I have no opinion on them. I need to look at posts ISO

@Des - What was Gertrude's exact role and power?

Hi Des
    Hi Katie - I can talk to you more later :)

@Des - What was Gertrude's exact role and power?
    Priest.

• Advertisement

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Priest.

Name of the role?

Ok just seen Isla shot......... and the des and Steve posts

Priest.

All the other roles have had character names, why not Gertude

Priest.

Thoughts on your SK reveal this morning

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Presumably Marley is doing the mind control, probably as part of the role block:

Marley (Power Blocker) - Can block the powers of a player each night. Very evil and tricky spirit!

This makes a lot of sense so he blocks the power at night and can make them post one thing after munch they next day.

All the other roles have had character names, why not Gertude
    Oh right - Fezziwig.

Thoughts on your SK reveal this morning
    May I get back to you later on that one?

Why do you have access to the dead people's names?

Fair enough, thoughts on Hollys reveal, and informative post or not

• Advertisement

Fair enough, thoughts on Hollys reveal, and informative post or not
    Is that not pretty much the same question? Or was there another that I missed? I think I'm a few pages behind.

Advertisement