Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yulewolf - A Werewolf Christmas Carol Game Thread

Options
  • 16-12-2018 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭

Marley was dead, to begin with. There is no doubt whatever about that. The register of his burial was signed by the clergyman, the clerk, the undertaker, and the chief mourner. Scrooge signed it. And Scrooge’s name was good upon ‘Change for anything he chose to put his hand to. Old Marley was as dead as a doornail.....

But strange was the ether at the signing. Undoubtedly strange. The howling of the poor masses was a weather worn joke amongst those with means; but the howling of an evening since Marley passed was more desperate. More searching.

Scrooge wasn't one for superstition. That is a game for men with weaker minds, he thought as he walked the lonely dark walk from the signing back to his grand home.

Shadows flickered just out of sight, barely registering on the farthest reaches of his peripheral vision. Man or beast, he could not tell. 'Yond that, he cared not anyway, and carried on the same short tempered pace he had undertaken before such flickering shadows had forced themselves upon his world.

Scrooge reached his home and turned the ponderous key in the lock. Listening to the thud of the inner workings behind the keyhole as it allowed him access. Reassuring in its strength.

The door closed and Scrooge set about preparing himself for bed and the sleep that lay within. With Marley gone, the universe had crystallized into a very simple view for Scrooge. The world, it seems, was his for the taking. No matter what he had to do to gain advantage, no matter who stood in his way, the world was there for Scrooge to take. There are those who would stand in his way willfully to stop him, and those who endeavored for their own gains and by their own means, but Scrooge was never afraid to....eliminate....his competition.

Game Setup

There will be three teams in the game.
    1) The Village
    2) Scrooge & the evil spirits
    3) The Serial Killers

The goal will be for the evil spirits or serial killers to become the dominant evil faction, by gaining parity with the village and eliminating the other evil group; or in the case of the village, to eliminate all evil roles.

Teams
    1) The Village
    The village have a priest, interrogator, seer, vigilante and maybe some other roles as well.
    Update: Tiny Tim (Vigilante) - Has a gun and will receive a bullet each day.
    Update: Fred (Seer) - Can peek the alignment of one player each night.
    Update: Santa (Present Giver) - Can distribute any gifts he has amongst the village
    Update: Martha Cratchit - lover and app seer
    Update: Belle - tied to Scrooge. Will gain limited info on his movements
    Update: Bob Cratchit - Interrogator and lover
    Update: Charles Dickens - Village Priest
    Update: App Priest - Apprentice to Mr. Dickens

2) Scrooge & The Evil Spirits
    Scrooge & the evil spirits have an alpha and a power blocker, and may be able to increase their numbers or risk their numbers being decreased, either by design or by accident.
    Update: Scrooge (Alpha) - Will peek as good if peeked by the seer
    Update: Marley (Power Blocker) - Can block the powers of a player each night. Very evil and tricky spirit!
    Update: Ghost of Xmas Past (Seer) - Can peek the alignment of 1 player each night.
    Update: Ghost of Xmas Present (Priest) - Learns the roles of the dead
    Update: Ghost of Xmas Future (Vig) - Has a bullet to use as they see fit

3) The Serial Killers
    The serial killers work as a pair, unless absolutely necessary, and choose their kills each night. They appear as normal people most of the time, so will peek as good every second cycle.

Old Joe - Head Serial Killer
    The Undertaker - App SK and Priest
    Fezziwig - SK Cub / SK to be

Game Rules:
    1. Respect the mods: The decisions of the mods are final. Mods will not enter into discussion or arguments on thread about mechanics of the game. There will be a time for review and discussion after the game is complete. If you have any questions, please PM LoughC, Mrs Flushdraw and Pter, and we will respond as soon as possible.

2. Don't cheat: This is a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread and designated back forum threads. Screen-shots, quoting from backroom threads or naming of rooms anyone may or may not have are NOT permitted.

3. Be active: Please all try to reasonably contribute to the game thread and always remember to get a vote in (for main lynch votes) as a minimum. The procedure for tied votes will be outlined on thread by mods if and when this happens. Failure to vote in the main vote so may result in you being substituted or your role removed from the game, whichever is more convenient to the mods, at the time. Substitution does not indicate any alignment or role. All players who are mod killed will be replaced if possible, but this decision will be made on a case by case basis. If you wish to be subbed, please PM the mods.

4. Game schedule: The game thread will open on Sunday the 16th of December. There will be no on thread actions before 10am on Monday the 17th December. (the first munch will take place at this time). There will be no tasks in the game thread.

5. Voting rules: The lynch form will be opened following the munch and players can vote until 08:59:59PM. You can change your vote as many times as you like, but only your last vote will count. Do not share your vote form password with anyone else. All votes for the lynch have to be made by yourself.

6. Lynch rules: The votes will be published as soon as possible following the lynch in the order they were cast.

7. Players are free to post in the thread until the lynch and eliminations are announced. You are not eliminated until a post in the game thread announces it. Once you are eliminated, please don't post in the game thread again. Eliminated players are also asked to NOT THANK POSTS IN THE GAME THREAD AFTER ELIMINATION. You will be granted access to the deadroom where you can discuss the game. Please PM a mod for access, although we will endeavor to have it arranged automatically upon your death.

8. Policy on Abuse: Boards has a no-abuse rule in place that is in effect in this forum as well. By all means, call people on dodgy behaviour, point out if they are being silly or behaving strangely, be aggressive in your approach; but DO NOT abuse another player. If you feel another player has stepped over a line, the first step is to ask them to stop; if they do not, please PM a forum mod (Sullivlo/Pter) or use the report button on the post in question. Forum mods will investigate and action any issues at an appropriate time, keeping the game mods informed of any actions as needed.

9. In it to win it: Please play in the interests of the team you are representing at the time, at all times.

11. Win Conditions:
    Scrooge & The Evil Spirits Win - They will win if they gain parity with villagers and kill the SK team.
    SK Win - Sk wins if they gain parity with village and killed Scrooge's team.
    Village Win - All Scrooge Team and SK team members are killed.

Player list for this game:
    Barney
    beakerjoe
    Bounty Hunter
    Deconduo
    Drumpot
    Duffman
    Ectoplasm
    Ficheall
    Fixxxer
    Grumpylumpy
    Kitten K
    Kolido
    Lord TSC
    Mick
    Molly
    Necro
    Quickbeam
    Rikand
    sKeith
    Strawberry Milkshake
    Sully
    Tritium
    Uriel

Anon Accounts for this game:
    Angus WW
    Barbara WW
    Brendan WW
    Clodagh WW
    Conor WW
    Derry WW
    Desmond WW
    Ewan WW
    Fiona WW
    Gabriel WW
    Gertrude WW
    Henry WW
    Holly WW
    Isla WW
    Katie WW
    Mary WW
    Nigel WW
    Oisin WW
    Phil WW
    Riona WW
    Steve WW
    Vernon WW
    Wendy WW

Lynch link:
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Game is open.

All pm's have been sent.

Please only post in your anon account.

Any issues pm the three game mods.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

MOD NOTE

The Orla account password isn't working so I'm replacing the Orla WW account with Gabriel WW account on the list of accounts active for the game.

Pter wrote: »
    MOD NOTE

The Orla account password isn't working so I'm replacing the Orla WW account with Gabriel WW account on the list of accounts active for the game.

so what your saying is

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    giphy.gif

0a5468172f088ab56939fc8249f9e0e3.jpg

• Advertisement

so what your saying is

giphy.gif

How did you know?

giphy.gif

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    0a5468172f088ab56939fc8249f9e0e3.jpg

tenor.gif?itemid=10691150

tenor.gif?itemid=10691150

giphy.gif

In more serious terms -

23 players

Definitely 4 good roles (maybe more)

Scrooge team
    At least three on this (Scrooge and evil spirits which is plural so must be more than one)
    I'd guess there is four no this team to start, Scrooge and the three ghosts. This could increase or decrease according to the OP. Being able to increase makes me think they start with four and could go up to five, but being able to decrease has me thinking they could start with five. Either 4/5 here but I'm going with four to start.

Serial Killers

So that's 6/7 evil players out of 23 to start I reckon, with one of them an alpha and two of them appearing as good half the time.

Scrooge team has a kill a night I'm guessing, whilst the SK description mentions kills each night which could mean there are three kills each night.

The eternal struggle to use words or just gif away. Still at the start so how about a mix, a question and a gif

SANTAS_LIST.gif
    Gabs, are you on the naughty or nice list this Christmas?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5c1638a0786469306f491dfb

In more serious terms -

23 players

Scrooge team
    At least three on this (Scrooge and evil spirits which is plural so must be more than one)
    I'd guess there is four no this team to start, Scrooge and the three ghosts. This could increase or decrease according to the OP. Being able to increase makes me think they start with four and could go up to five, but being able to decrease has me thinking they could start with five. Either 4/5 here but I'm going with four to start.

Serial Killers

So that's 6/7 evil players out of 23 to start I reckon, with one of them an alpha and two of them appearing as good half the time.

Scrooge team has a kill a night I'm guessing, whilst the SK description mentions kills each night which could mean there are three kills each night.

The math does seem to line up, i'd say we may have a few more villager roles cos that is plenty of baddies, who i'd presume all have powers to centend with.

I wonder will we get more info on roles later but iirc there was mention of this being a near Vanilla game at one stage so maybe it will be kept simple.

The eternal struggle to use words or just gif away. Still at the start so how about a mix, a question and a gif

SANTAS_LIST.gif
    Gabs, are you on the naughty or nice list this Christmas?

I hope so but I don't see my name on the list. Although I don't see yours either.

4e7f81f1ae2fd44120943119f22e113c.gif

The math does seem to line up, i'd say we may have a few more villager roles cos that is plenty of baddies, who i'd presume all have powers to centend with.

I wonder will we get more info on roles later but iirc there was mention of this being a near Vanilla game at one stage so maybe it will be kept simple.

It's unfortunate there is a priest really as that would've meant more information provided out in the open. They could be critical in this one given the lack of info on certain aspects.

I hope so but I don't see my name on the list. Although I don't see yours either.

4e7f81f1ae2fd44120943119f22e113c.gif

I talked to Santa during the Jurrasic Park game, he assured me he was putting me on the good list this year and he wouldn't lie.

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Two very eager players to start with I see.

Holiday greetings people.

Henry WW wrote: »

I always find this a weird jab that usually comes up later [not saying your making it], that eager players are a bad thing. If im free when the thread goes up then im posting, hopefully others will do so too.

Seems the whole group have become far more active on day 0 as game players than in the past though.

tenor.gif?itemid=7946008

I always find this a weird jab that usually comes up later [not saying your making it], that eager players are a bad thing. If im free when the thread goes up then im posting, hopefully others will do so too.

Seems the whole group have become far more active on day 0 as game players than in the past though.

We could have a WW drinking game, a drink for every mention of:

Eager posters
    Low posters
    Fluff
    FFA

Oisin WW wrote: »
    We could have a WW drinking game, a drink for every mention of:

Eager posters
    Low posters
    Fluff
    FFA

What do you mean could have one? Have we not all been doing that since the beginning, or was I the only one?

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

a) never implied anything about being eager.
    b) being around and posting when thread opens is one thing but being eager is quite different. Contrast yours and Gabriel’s posts with mine and Oisin’s.

Still not implying anything about eagerness but defensiveness is more interesting.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Sup folks. All those Santa posts would have me raising my eyebrows if the mods had not explicitly stated no tasks...

So with that in mind - what's your fave Christmas song? Give us a Youtube video of it!!!

I have three - one is obvious, but these other two maybe not so much:

Best version. End of - no discussion.

@Gabriel

200.gif

Brendan WW wrote: »

Sup folks. All those Santa posts would have me raising my eyebrows if the mods had not explicitly stated no tasks...

So with that in mind - what's your fave Christmas song? Give us a Youtube video of it!!!

I have three - one is obvious, but these other two maybe not so much:

Would be a bit strange if there were no Santa gifs in the Christmas game!

Brendan WW wrote: »

Rule 4. No tasks.

a) never implied anything about being eager.
    b) being around and posting when thread opens is one thing but being eager is quite different. Contrast yours and Gabriel’s posts with mine and Oisin’s.

Still not implying anything about eagerness but defensiveness is more interesting.

I could throw the overly defensive one out as I did actually say in that post that I wasn't saying you were inplying that but don't want to kill Gabs via alcohol poisoning this early.

That said we are already on to maybe there are task posts when its said in the rules there aren't so she may be in trouble anyway.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

In more serious terms -

23 players

Scrooge team

Serial Killers

Hello helpful wolf

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Rule 4. No tasks.

Aye, as I said had the mods not have said that I'd find it suss.

Oh, and my absolute fave (and obvious) Christmas song:

Rule 4. No tasks.

The actual post you are quoting says the the mods said no tasks, why did you post that?

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Hello helpful wolf

Hello Vernon,

What do you actually think of what I posted?

• Advertisement

Ya can't bayte the Pogues

I hope thees guys are hidden Village characters

Before day 1 mayhem commences I might actualy start watching some Christmas specials to get in the mood. The Office is always a good one to go back to

Advertisement