Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,730 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

No it's not. It's the official National show for debating issues of the day. The fact that the producers of this show have decided through the years to dumb it down into something that resembles The Ray Darcy Show, is not my concern.

As long as they call it "The Late Late Show", then I for one will view it as a serious contribution to Irish society and will criticise it relentlessly when it doesn't live up to that definition.

Um... that's fine and all, but seeing as the actual producers have changed the format (as you acknowledge) then it isn't really the cornerstone of Irish life/debate (anymore) that you think it is.

I'd say more worthy debate of the issues happens on social media these days (including this place! :)) than on the sets of RTE - with the exception of some of the Prime Time stuff which can be very good at what it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

gozunda wrote:
    National and Intrernational concerns as to the Halawa family's connections to the Muslim Brotherhood remain unanswered following the Halawas the younger release from prison in Egypt and return to Ireland ....

But still no evidence of criminal activity by young Halawa.

Right so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Then Prove it?

Go on....

we are waiting.

Prove what? Anything the lad says will be used against him, as will his silence. Why would I bother trying to convince people whose attitudes are fairly clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,056 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Odhinn wrote: »
    Prove what? Anything the lad says will be used against him, as will his silence. Why would I bother trying to convince people whose attitudes are fairly clear.

So you just made up BS and Liar.

Cheerio...

Don't be too upset about the LLS performance ;)

So you just made up BS and Liar.

...a good few of the posters on this thread have a post history clearing showing islamophobic opinions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,056 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

...a good few of the posters on this thread have a post history clearing showing islamophobic opinions.

whats the word im looking for here, oh ya

Whataboutery

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Unlike the newly Reged who happen to be cropping up Defending the lies or cliaming to know a person and been thanked by a lone poster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

dont confuse an irrational fear of Muslims with a rational rejection of Islamofascism or attempted Islamization of secular ideals with a catchall attempt to suppress debate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

A simple question for the few remaining supporters of our young Walter Mitty, can you at least accept that the Muslim Brotherhood, as a fascist, homophobic, mysoginist, barbaric organisation, has no place in 21st century society?

Therefore, I really cannot comprehend your accusations of racism and bigotry to those of us who are understanably anxious about the return of one who took to a foreign stage to lend his support to said backward organisation... And no, I don't believe he stumbled onto this stage on his journey to the cinema as he so pathetically claimed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

A simple question for the few remaining supporters of our young Walter Mitty, can you at least after that the Muslim Brotherhood, as a fascist, homophobic, mysoginist, barbaric organisation has no place in 21st century society?

Therefore, I really cannot comprehend your accusations of racism and bigotry to those of us who are understanably anxious about the return of one who took to a foreign stage to lend his support to said backward organisation... And no, I don't believe he stumbled onto this stage on his journey to the cinema as he so pathetically claimed.

Did he not come out and say he wants nothing to do with the Muslim brotherhood and disaproved it's philosophy?

• Advertisement

Did he not come out and say he wants nothing to do with the Muslim brotherhood and disaproved it's philosophy?

Absolutely he did, about two minutes after he claimed he could not close his wounded hand and then went on to do exactly that later on in the interview.

Absolutely he did, about two minutes after he claimed he could not close his wounded hand and then went on to do exactly that later on in the interview.

He disapproved at practically the end of the interview??

Can't say I was watching closely enough to be following his hand about to be outraged by it?

But if it helps you to do so,work away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

"If the hand makes a fist, you must call bullsh1t"

I'm not accusing him of being an extremist, or even a member of the MB like his dad. All I'm saying is that he is a liar, as he has proven by his own actions.

He disapproved at practically the end of the interview??

Can't say I was watching closely enough to be following his hand about to be outraged by it?

But if it helps you to do so,work away :)

This is not up for discussion, it is proven with footage of the interview.

He claimed he could not close his hand due to his bullet wound, later in the interview, he does exactly that. This is not up for debate, he lied about the severity of his injury, therefore, if he's lying about that, why should we believe anything he says?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

A simple question for the few remaining supporters of our young Walter Mitty, can you at least accept that the Muslim Brotherhood, as a fascist, homophobic, mysoginist, barbaric organisation, has no place in 21st century society?

no more then any other extremist ideology, including the form in which some posters subscribe to on this thread, leading to them making allegations against a young lad with nothing tangible to back them up.

he took to the stage to support democracy. the overthrowing of a democratically elected government, and to show support to those protesting their overthrow, who were subsiquently murdered for protesting it.
    now we may not wish to live under a government ruled by the mb, i certainly don't. but it seems the majority of egyptians did. however, when there were protests against the government, which were justified, the military saw a chance for a power grab. they took it, and have returned egypt to military rule. in turn they continuously murder people and are in no way any bit better then what they replaced.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Whataboutery

I'm surprised you needed to think about the word, seeing as you're an expert in it.

I can't find one post you've made in this thread that provides evidence Ibrahim committed a crime or is likely to commit a crime in the future but you've made plenty of "What about his da?" comments...

What's the word for that again? :rolleyes:

For the record if you (or anyone else) have firm evidence he is about to commit a crime, you should trot off to the local garda station and inform them.

Meanwhile,

Vegas Shooting Incident: 58 dead, 546 injured, dozens of Irish within walking distance caught up in the unfolding terror.

Reaction:
    Nothing to say. Just awful waste of life.

Its a pity the Hate that is in such a small minority, destroys the majority of good.

London Underground Incident: 0 dead, 29 minor injuries:

Reaction:
    +1

I would love for the Authorities to have 100% zero tolerance Policy and not be afraid to arrest somebody they feel will be involved in case it upsets few lads on the internet.
    A Process which the Authorities are doing very good job at, but they still know hundreds and thousands of others who are walking free, but cant be touched because of little outrage.

Its time for zero tolerance on these people and this will save lives. If people have problem with that then that's just going with the Terror lads.
    Then arrest me and ask me the questions they want. If I have nothing to hide I will act accordingly.

In fairness how many innocent people have they arrested and jailed?
    And nothing in Europe the last few decades? Point proven. Its working now all over Europe and I salute these men who was to catch terror wannabes
    Well its obvious I dont want some randomer on street arrested for no reason.

Things have moved on lot more past 30 years and its great fantastic that we have people saving our lives everyday working around the clock to make sure you and me can live life without some nutjob making us mence meat
    It's the fear it brings and the devastation. You're missing the fact too that hundreds and thousands suffer from distress from being in the vacinity and many others suffer injuries, some life changing. It changes people's perceptions and creates divides.

Add in the fact that it is happening more and more and if we let them just run around us it's going be more then just tiny numbers.
    Big shout out to Sweden.
    Oh I could not agree more with you there. I'm total anti blowing **** out of any man woman or child.

You won't meet a bigger poster on here who has voiced that concern then me.

2 wrongs don't make a right though......
    Ah Liam another Terror Sympathiser who said if these lads did not get their way they get guns and kill.

You seem to have plenty to say when a certain type of person does something bad and barely a peep to say when it's a different type of person doing it.

There's words for that too.

I'm surprised you needed to think about the word, seeing as you're an expert in it.

I can't find one post you've made in this thread that provides evidence Ibrahim committed a crime or is likely to commit a crime in the future but you've made plenty of "What about his da?" comments...

What's the word for that again? :rolleyes:

For the record if you (or anyone else) have firm evidence he is about to commit a crime, you should trot off to the local garda station and inform them.

Meanwhile,

Vegas Shooting Incident: 58 dead, 546 injured, dozens of Irish within walking distance caught up in the unfolding terror.

Reaction:

London Underground Incident: 0 dead, 29 minor injuries:

Reaction:

You seem to have plenty to say when a certain type of person does something bad and barely a peep to say when it's a different type of person doing it.

There's words for that too.

I think kew has a fan <3

Whataboutery

It's incredibly creepy that you would go so extensively through a poster's history throughout this forum, how many of his posts did you have to trawl through to mine the ones you quoted?

How about leave the discussion to what has been posted in this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

I think kew has a fan <3
    #
    that must be a first here on boards?
    "you're not outraged enough"

It's incredibly creepy that you would go so extensively through a poster's history throughout this forum, how many of his posts did you have to trawl through to mine the ones you quoted?

So we should leave out any evidence of a history of islamophobic posts when discussing islamophobic motivation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

So we should leave out any evidence of a history of islamophobic posts when discussing islamophobic motivation?

I'm islamophibic and admit as much when i've been asked in real everyday life i explained my fears and like to stress i don't hate the people,just the religion.i do however think less of people that follow the islamic faith simply because of it's ridiculousness and any critical thinking person aught to regard it as ridiculous.it's slightly above scientology and on a par below christianity for me on the scales of ridiculousness.

smurgen wrote: »
    I'm islamophibic and admit as much when i've been asked in real everyday life i explained my fears and like to stress i don't hate the people,just the religion.i do however think less of people that follow the islamic faith simply because of it's ridiculousness and any critical thinking person aught to regard it as ridiculous.it's slightly above scientology and on a par below christianity for me on the scales of ridiculousness.

An honest man, fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

WOW!! just WOW!

That's really creepy to go that far back on someone's posts.

How angry and butt hurt

3,600 posts of drivel with not one credible post of why any of us need to worry about Ibrahim committing crimes in the future.

If he wants to write a book or go on a social justice crusade, leave him to it, why does it bother you what he does? He's a danger to nobody.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

How are the listed comments "islamaphobic" ? - without context it is impossible to know what relevance there is if any. I think that the poster wonder boy is grasping at straws at best along the lines of 'throw enough sh!te and see if any sticks' theory that or they are following / pestering the poster as they don't like their views or opinions. Hard to say tbh.

How would you or wonder boy like some one to trawl through your posting history to throw it at you to make multiple nasty asides? No? I didn't think so ...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

3,600 posts of with not one credible post .

Of him been.

Shot.

Starved

Mistreaded

Abused

Tortured

Despite widely clamied

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

he took to the stage to support democracy. the overthrowing of a democratically elected government, and to show support to those protesting their overthrow, who were subsiquently murdered for protesting it. now we may not wish to live under a government ruled by the mb, i certainly don't. but it seems the majority of egyptians did. however, when there were protests against the government, which were justified, the military saw a chance for a power grab. they took it, and have returned egypt to military rule. in turn they continuously murder people and are in no way any bit better then what they replaced.

Nope wrong ....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Gatling wrote:
    Of him been.

Imprisoned for four years without due process. Are we agreed on that one at least?

gozunda wrote: »
    How are the listed comnents "islamaphobic" ? - without context it is impossible to know what relevance there is if any. I think that the poster wonder boy is grasping at straws at best along the lines of 'throw enough sh!te and see if any sticks' theory that or they are following / pestering the poster as they don't like their views or opinions. Hard to say tbh.

Every thread relating to Ibrahim or anything Islamic is littered with disproportionate and irrational fear-mongering. The Kew Tour has stated that Germany will be an Islamic State by 2040 and Ireland will be an Islamic State in 100 years from now.

That's complete irrational nonsense, just like most of the views expressed in this thread.

Does anyone want to show me evidence Ibrahim is plotting a crime in the future?

He seems to want to write a book and make a few quid, not go out and murder people. SMH.

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    Of him been.

Shot.

Starved

Mistreaded

Abused

Tortured

Despite widely clamied

Who cares if any of that happened or not? He's home now chilling.

Nobody is forcing you to buy his book or read it, relax.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement