Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident on London Underground

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

MOH wrote: »
    You're forgetting about the Arsenal fans.
    Actually, just remembered, sure wasn't Osama bin Laden one too?

Definitely want to be doing something about them

Like what?
    You have any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭xckjoo

And nothing in Europe the last few decades? Point proven. Its working now all over Europe and I salute these men who was to catch terror wannabes

They were just pointing out the obvious cases as they were obvious. People get wrongly convicted all the time:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11075284/When-innocent-men-go-to-jail-miscarriages-of-justice-in-Britain.html
    http://www.innocencenetwork.org.uk/communications

Nobody is saying that we shouldn't lock up terrorists. Just that there's no way to be sure who is and is not a terrorist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

It will be soon with Ireland if the reports have any truth to them at all. 

http://www.thejournal.ie/mi6-spies-ireland-3552898-Aug2017/

I'm sure the reports have some truth to them. MI6 have always been here.

Unfortunately for us, the only thing they're interested in is plotting and encouraging attacks against Irish citizens and the Irish state. I'm not sure why we haven't kicked them out yet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

It's not minuscule is it, how many terrorist attacks is that in London now? Not to forget what happened in Manchester.

Well...yeah it is by any reasonable definition.

The aim should obviously be for zero and there are too many. I just don't think your "solutions" will solve anything. It will entrench the very problems that lead to radicalization. Maybe Hungary doesn't have the same problems, but it sure as hell has other problems and it's not somewhere I would have any interest in living.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

wakka12 wrote: »
    Thread title should be changed? Its been confirmed as a terrorist attack since morning time.

It's probably part of Boards.ie's leftist/ISIS agenda.

They're just sweeping it under the carpet, hoping it will go away.

Happens all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

xckjoo wrote: »
    They were just pointing out the obvious cases as they were obvious. People get wrongly convicted all the time:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11075284/When-innocent-men-go-to-jail-miscarriages-of-justice-in-Britain.html
    http://www.innocencenetwork.org.uk/communications

Nobody is saying that we shouldn't lock up terrorists. Just that there's no way to be sure who is and is not a terrorist.

Well its obvious I dont want some randomer on street arrested for no reason.

Things have moved on lot more past 30 years and its great fantastic that we have people saving our lives everyday working around the clock to make sure you and me can live life without some nutjob making us mence meat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Then arrest me and ask me the questions they want. If I have nothing to hide I will act accordingly.

In fairness how many innocent people have they arrested and jailed?

Ha ha ha, I get it now. The cute hoor, the kew tour. Sometimes the thing you're looking at is the last thing you see.

longshanks wrote: »
    Ha ha ha, I get it now. The cute hoor, the kew tour. Sometimes the thing you're looking at is the last thing you see.

Yes I am really Osamba Bin Laden

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Then arrest me and ask me the questions they want. If I have nothing to hide I will act accordingly.

In fairness how many innocent people have they arrested and jailed?

In the UK? Very few I'd hope. At Guantánamo - countless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Has anybody mentioned the IRA yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Only once I think. Give it another 20 pages :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Well its obvious I dont want some randomer on street arrested for no reason.

Things have moved on lot more past 30 years and its great fantastic that we have people saving our lives everyday working around the clock to make sure you and me can live life without some nutjob making us mence meat

So how do you want them pick the people they arrest?

I would also like to live my life without fear of the state throwing me in a jail cell because they feel like it.

No need worry about it.

Give it another hour. The detractors will bring it up.

So how do you want them pick the people they arrest?

Thats not for me to decide but whoever is in charge are doing a great job and sadly like Barcelona and many attacks the persons behind it were "known to Authorities".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

wakka12 wrote: »
    Thread title should be changed? Its been confirmed as a terrorist attack since morning time.

But that would go against the liberal agenda of after hours who turn a blind eye to islamic extremism in europe

ricero wrote: »
    But that would go against the liberal agenda of after hours who turn a blind eye to islamic extremism in europe

... or maybe no mod has been arsed to update?

They've updated the previous thread titles, such as the recent attacks in Barcelona.

There's a difference between having a "liberal agenda" and just not bothering.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

ricero wrote: »

Jaysus, sure who would want to continue to post in such a place with such an agenda.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Well...yeah it is by any reasonable definition.

The aim should obviously be for zero and there are too many. I just don't think your "solutions" will solve anything. It will entrench the very problems that lead to radicalization. Maybe Hungary doesn't have the same problems, but it sure as hell has other problems and it's not somewhere I would have any interest in living.

I wonder.. have they identified what is leading people to radicalization? After all, we're already following the liberal way of dealing with terrorism, and the terrorism in Europe isn't showing much sign of decreasing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Jaysus, sure who would want to continue to post in such a place with such an agenda.

Sure ya'd miss the liberal agenda slowly destroying itself.
    It's quite the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I was in class today, and one of the girls mentioned that she had just seen it on the news.

One of the lads said, "Good, the Brits deserved it, look what they did to this country, and Afghanistan ...."

**** me, that's an idiotic thing to say. Innocent people, of any race or creed, don't deserve **** to happen to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    It's the delusional defenders of this is what is equally as worrying as the ISLAM problem in Europe itself
    Are you really that eager to get rid of Pogba and Fellaini?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Billy86 wrote: »

I thought they were midfielders :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I was in class today, and one of the girls mentioned that she had just seen it on the news.

One of the lads said, "Good, the Brits deserved it, look what they did to this country, and Afghanistan ...."

**** me, that's an idiotic thing to say. Innocent people, of any race or creed, don't deserve **** to happen to them.

Don't pay any heed to that individual.

I doubt he's the sharpest tool in the drawer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

gandalf wrote: »
    I thought they were MineFielders :pac:

Fixed :pac:

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Lesnar Defender

Will the "Isn't multiculturalism great..." guy tell the families of those injured how great it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

TBH there is always that mentality in certain sections of this country, any bad thing that happens to the British is celebrated. I remember going to school eons ago during the Falklands war and we were delighted that the Argentinians were sinking British ships. Now I was in Primary school at that time and I have grown up since then and certainly would not think that way today. Unfortunately there is still a minority of people in this country who see Britain and British people as pantomime villains. The number is dropping as some are now replacing Britain with Islam as their new pantomime villain!

Billy86 wrote: »

Not all Muslims Billy!
    There are plenty of hard working decent Muslims, like Pogba!
    I've said this heaps of times in these threads before!

gandalf wrote: »
    TBH there is always that mentality in certain sections of this country, any bad that happens to the British and it celebrated. I remember going to school eons ago during the Falklands war and we were delighted that the Argentinians were sinking British ships. Now I was in Primary school and I have grown up since then and certainly would not think that way today. Unfortunately there is still a minority of people in this country who see Britain and British people as pantomime villains. The number is dropping as some are now replacing Islam as their new pantomime villain!

Ah yes we are "Islamaphobic"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

As Basil would say DON'T MENTION THE WAR

Advertisement