Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options
1121122123124125127»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

dav3 wrote: »
    Ah the good doctor is back. Baited into posting on after hours, on boards.ie once again. Champion of the far-right in Ireland and the israeli embassy. A true hero.

Every time this blogger enters this discussion with the admirable offer of you disproving his viewpoints, you resort only to personal abuse, you have lost this argument, get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I believe it's a perfectly understandable analogy, you disagree, that's no problem.

It was ridculous, the swastika was hijacked by Nazis and has huge meaning today but can still be seen in temples in places like India and Malaysia (have seen them there myself.

Allahu Akhbar is not a political phrase, it's just a religious thanks used by moslems, whether terrorist or not.

People are displaying ignorance if they fear it or think it's a declaration of support for terrorism.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

murpho999 wrote: »
    Seriously what a comparison.

Allahu Akbar is not an offensive or inappropriate term. It's a completely normal phrase to moslems that is used on many occasions from the birth of a child to prayer, weddings etc.

Really should not mean that people who say it are associated with terrorists.

Well if I hear some lad shouting it out in a crowd I’m running for cover as would most!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

dreamliner wrote: »
    Well I do apologise but it strikes me as rather (extremely!) hypocritical to berate one group of people over one thing, call for their ban and label them as terrorists over their belief system, but at the same time have a silent acceptance for what the dominant belief system of this Island is when it isn't entirely different regarding the points you raised about the MB (about homosexuality and women).

Who is calling who a terrorist on this thread?

It was ridculous, the swastika was hijacked by Nazis and has huge meaning today but can still be seen in temples in places like India and Malaysia (have seen them there myself.

Allahu Akhbar is not a political phrase, it's just a religious thanks used by moslems, whether terrorist or not.

People are displaying ignorance if they fear it or think it's a declaration of support for terrorism.

Absolutely nothing ridiculous about the comparison, thousands have been slaughtered whilst hearing this battle cry over the past decade.

I'm not attempting to make the claim that these supporters are terrorists, I'm merely stating that they should have a bit of cop-on if they believe this chant is in any way appropriate in a western airport.

It showed a clear lack of compassion and respect as was clear to see on the face of Katherine Zappone (One of the Halawa's loudest champions), when they started to chant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Every time this blogger enters this discussion with the admirable offer of you disproving his viewpoints, you resort only to personal abuse, you have lost this argument, get over it.

The argument ended weeks ago when Ibrahim Halawa was acquitted of all charges against him. The horse has bolted, it's gone, it's over the hill and far away into the distance at this stage.

Doctor mark is a big boy he can answer for himself, he doesn't need you boys constantly attacking anyone who questions him.

If you really want to help him, you can help him go through his tweets and find any that may incriminate him. There are a few thousand tweets to get through, he may be a bit overwhelmed having to go through them all by himself.

Thankfully for a lot of people, the new Non-Fatal Offences (Amendment) Bill hasn't come into effect yet. Or has it?

he doesn't need you boys constantly attacking anyone who questions him.

Absolutely no one has attacked you, and by labeling those with polarizing views to you as "boys" only displays your own immaturity, frankly it's embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

There’s only one person doing the attacking when humphrys is posting.

What is your opinion on the Incitement to Hatred Act 1989 and the Non-Fatal Offences Against the Person Act, 1997? Do you understand where the line is or are you going to keep going?

Thankfully for a lot of people, the new Non-Fatal Offences (Amendment) Bill hasn't come into effect yet. Or has it?

Unlike you and I, this blogger does not post anonymously on Boards.ie and has been open from the start about his identity. Therefore I believe it's deeply troubling, if not outright slanderous, that you would make these inferences that he has broken the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Unlike you and I, this blogger does not post anonymously on Boards.ie and has been open from the start about his identity. Therefore I believe it's deeply troubling, if not outright slanderous, that you would make these inferences that he has broken the law.

Slanderous or libellous? Silly me, I keep confusing slander and libel, which one are you inferring that I've committed? Perhaps defamation?

Anyway, it's not up to you, or I, or even the good doctor himself to decide whether he is guilty or not. Similar to Ibrahim Halawa, innocent until proven guilty.

I do suggest people read up on the Prohibition of Incitement To Hatred Act, 1989

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1989/act/19

Also

Non-Fatal Offences Against the Person Act, 1997

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1997/act/26

also

http://revisedacts.lawreform.ie/eli/1997/act/26/revised/en/html

People really should know what they're getting into when they continue to deliberately target a person who has been acquitted of all charges and constantly linked to an organisation even though that person has disavowed them on national tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Slanderous or libellous? Silly me, I keep confusing slander and libel, which one are you inferring that I've committed? Perhaps defamation?

Anyway, it's not up to you, or I, or even the good doctor himself to decide whether he is guilty or not. Similar to Ibrahim Halawa, innocent until proven guilty.

I do suggest people read up on the Prohibition of Incitement To Hatred Act, 1989

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1989/act/19

Also

Non-Fatal Offences Against the Person Act, 1997

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1997/act/26

also

http://revisedacts.lawreform.ie/eli/1997/act/26/revised/en/html

People really should know what they're getting into when they continue to deliberately target a person who has been acquitted of all charges and constantly linked to an organisation even though that person has disavowed them on national tv.

Are you a legal professional? As far as I am aware it it is not permitted to offer or push legal advice on Boards.

I doubt you are qualified to interpret such legislation

If you have a issue with anything a poster says here it is open to you to report same.

Otherwise you are talking rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It was ridculous, the swastika was hijacked by Nazis and has huge meaning today..

Of all the words you could've used to defend Allah akhbar being used in airports!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

MOD Right thats it folks, enough is enough with the pointless bickering. Im shutting up shop.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement