Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident on London Underground

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Billy86 wrote: »
    That he is mayor and it's on his watch that London is consistently having terrorist attacks and his links with Islamists. He is a crap mayor and should never have been elected.

Edward Heath and Margaret Thatcher are among the very, very worst UK Prime Ministers ever - I never knew you felt this way.

I assume you'll be providing reputable evidence of Sadiq Khan's "links with Islamists" by the way.
    Go look up Yasser Al Siri and Babar Ahmad.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,066 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    It's the defense of the indefensible that's all a bit mad

+1

I would love for the Authorities to have 100% zero tolerance Policy and not be afraid to arrest somebody they feel will be involved in case it upsets few lads on the internet.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Everybody Relax

Kay Burley is on scene for Sky News. Kay will get to the bottom of it

(it being the lowest point in the gutter)

It's the defense of the indefensible that's all a bit mad

+1

I would love for the Authorities to have 100% zero tolerance Policy and not be afraid to arrest somebody they feel will be involved in case it upsets few lads on the internet.
    That is how it should be done. But our leaders are absolutely useless twonks who shiver not in fear of Islamic terrorism but the response to it and the reaction they will get for being tough and showing a no nonsense response. Look at the major European countries, the leaders are terrible and have no backbone. Merkel, Hollande, Theresa May.

I suspect most of us would rather be politically incorrect than be turned into mince on the side of the road. But then again some wouldn't which is the shocking thing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

The convicted rapist gangs in England believe in Islam as do the guys blowing themselves up in concerts.

Wasn't one of them an Arsenal fan?

Time to start rounding up and deporting all Arsenal fans so. Or maybe just execute them, to be safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

MOH wrote: »

Time to start rounding up and deporting all Arsenal fans so. Or maybe just execute them, to be safe.

#wengerout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

As a Spurs fan i see no problem with that ....:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I suspect most of us would rather be politically incorrect than be turned into mince on the side of the road. But then again some wouldn't which is the shocking thing about it.

I'd rather police and security forces had to obey the rule of law and couldn't intern/deport people without evidence and where there were limits on the government's power. I have no interest in eroding my rights in a misguided attempt to reduce a minuscule risk.

It has nothing to do with "political correctness". It has to do with the fact that I think the harsh and serious plans people put forward are stupid and won't help and will make things worse for all of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

+1

Do you want to live in dictatorship.... Due process is what serves to keep authorities honest and accountable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Stop and search and run background checks and/or prohibit the travel of all passengers at ports and airports from all countries with Muslim insurgencies.

Intern all Muslim European nationals who are known Islamic extremists.

Deport all Muslim non nationals who are known Muslim extremists.

Deport all radical Muslim clerics and radical preachers.

Close all mosques where known radical preachers operate and where it is known that radicalization is happening.

Unshamedly stand up for democracy, human rights and equality for all faiths and none, women and gays and secularism.

Human rights should be universal and backward governments and backward societies who resist should be made uphold them.

Hunt down defeat capture or kill Islamic terrorists all over the world.
    The bits in bold go completely against the rest of your post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Bygumbo

A dodged bullet. Turning into the matrix "bullet time" over there.

Podge_irl wrote: »

I'd rather police and security forces had to obey the rule of law and couldn't intern/deport people without evidence and where there were limits on the government's power. I have no interest in eroding my rights in a misguided attempt to reduce a minuscule risk.

It has nothing to do with "political correctness". It has to do with the fact that I think the harsh and serious plans people put forward are stupid and won't help and will make things worse for all of us.
    Why can't the UK follow what Poland and Hungary are doing and the policies they have on border and terrorism controls? It is just allowed to happen, nothing happens ever after these incidents. Why is London consistently getting attacked this year? What is going on?
    Why isn't it Warsaw or Budapest?

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Do you want to live in dictatorship.... Due process is what serves to keep authorities honest and accountable.

A Process which the Authorities are doing very good job at, but they still know hundreds and thousands of others who are walking free, but cant be touched because of little outrage.

Its time for zero tolerance on these people and this will save lives. If people have problem with that then that's just going with the Terror lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Why can't the UK follow what Poland and Hungary are doing and the policies they have on border and terrorism controls? It is just allowed to happen, nothing happens ever after these incidents. Why is London consistently getting attacked this year? What is going on?

Why can't the UK follow what Ireland is doing? Why isn't it Dublin?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Ok then - what border and terrorism controls that Poland and Hungary have in effect would you like to see copied by the UK? If it really came down to an option, I would take the minuscule risk of terrorism in London over living in more and more authoritarian countries such as Poland and Hungary.

Lots happens after these types of incidents. They just don't run it all past us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

A Process which the Authorities are doing very good job at, but they still know hundreds and thousands of others who are walking free, but cant be touched because of little outrage.

Its time for zero tolerance on these people and this will save lives. If people have problem with that then that's just going with the Terror lads.

What would the outrage be though? That they are rounding up people without charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭xckjoo

What if they decide you're suspicious? Would you think it's fair enough and go quietly to indefinite imprisonment?

xckjoo wrote: »
    What if they decide you're suspicious? Would you think it's fair enough and go quietly to indefinite imprisonment?

Then arrest me and ask me the questions they want. If I have nothing to hide I will act accordingly.

In fairness how many innocent people have they arrested and jailed?

dav3 wrote: »

Why can't the UK follow what Ireland is doing? Why isn't it Dublin?
    It will be soon with Ireland if the reports have any truth to them at all. 

http://www.thejournal.ie/mi6-spies-ireland-3552898-Aug2017/

Podge_irl wrote: »

Ok then - what border and terrorism controls that Poland and Hungary have in effect would you like to see copied by the UK? If it really came down to an option, I would take the minuscule risk of terrorism in London over living in more and more authoritarian countries such as Poland and Hungary.

Lots happens after these types of incidents. They just don't run it all past us.
    It's not minuscule is it, how many terrorist attacks is that in London now? Not to forget what happened in Manchester.

• Advertisement

It's the delusional defenders of this is what is equally as worrying as the ISLAM problem in Europe itself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Then arrest me and ask me the questions they want. If I have nothing to hide I will act accordingly.

In fairness how many innocent people have they arrested and jailed?

There was those 4 guys, and then those 6 guys.....

Worked out well for Gerry Conlon.

Maybe Daniel Day Lewis can play you in a film too?

It's the delusional defenders of this is what is equally as worrying about the ISLAM problem in Europe

No need for the CAPS. We all know who you have a problem with.

Jaden wrote: »
    There was those 4 guys, and then those 6 guys.....

And nothing in Europe the last few decades? Point proven. Its working now all over Europe and I salute these men who was to catch terror wannabes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

It's the delusional defenders of this is what is equally as worrying about the ISLAM problem in Europe

You're forgetting about the Arsenal fans.
    Actually, just remembered, sure wasn't Osama bin Laden one too?

Definitely want to be doing something about them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Thread title should be changed? Its been confirmed as a terrorist attack since morning time.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    No need for the CAPS. We all know who you have a problem with.

Problem with what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

wakka12 wrote: »
    Thread title should be changed? Its been confirmed as a terrorist attack since morning time.

Posted same four hours ago.

• Advertisement

You're forgetting about the Arsenal fans.
    Actually, just remembered, sure wasn't Osama bin Laden one too?

Definitely want to be doing something about them

Defo

Advertisement