Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,009 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Too little, too late with the Twitter ban at this stage. Just reinforces the conspiracy theory amongst his supporters. Trump has been moving his campaign to the likes of Parlour for months now.

His supporters get their news and content from the likes of Parlour now, which no responsible persons have any control over. Twitter and Facebook are just used for trolling.

Expect a massive upsurge in the use of Parlour. I'm considering getting it myself as someone who likes to keep abreast of what is being discussed amongst Trump supporters and right wing extremists in general.

It's important that we know what their narrative is. Driving discussion underground and pretending it isn't happening is just asking for a catastrophe to happen.

The parler app is banned/going to be banned

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

markodaly wrote: »
    Maybe my comment was wasted seeing as some just want to vent and slay some dragons.

Personally, it will be interesting to see come the latter half of the year how the people can sustain the same level of outrage when the evil one, Trump will be well gone from the scene.

Eventually, Biden and Co. will have to govern and actually do some policy work.

I'm far more interested to see how many days it takes for trump supporters and enablers to get upset about "the other side" doing things they've actively been cheering on.

Just look at the people who are giving out about freedom of speech for example (on a private platform no less), but where were they when the actual peaceful protesters were being assaulted up and down the US over the summer, including gassing the clergy outside their own church? Were they screaming from the rooftops about their freedom of speech?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,143 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Subscribers Posts: 41,228 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

For a guy who gave press briefings against the sound of a running helicopter, refused to take questions, censored journalists and incited hatred against them by calling them "fake news"...

Well this is simply just one more case of "what trump accuses you of, he is himself"

His whole political career is painted with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭francois

Funny how 44 previous presidents managed without twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭francois

I'm far more interested to see how many days it takes for trump supporters and enablers to get upset about "the other side" doing things they've actively been cheering on.

Just look at the people who are giving out about freedom of speech for example (on a private platform no less), but where were they when the actual peaceful protesters were being assaulted up and down the US over the summer, including gassing the clergy outside their own church? Were they screaming from the rooftops about their freedom of speech?

It's always playing the victim with them. The fake outrage by tge free speech warriors is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,009 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Congrats to twitter for making sure we get a much worse version of Trump in 4 years time.

They just couldn't help themselves and they had to pull the trigger early. They've played right into the narrative that he and his supporters are being silenced.

If hes impeached then he cant run in 4 years time

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

sydthebeat wrote: »
    For a guy who gave press briefings against the sound of a running helicopter, refused to take questions, censored journalists and incited hatred against them by calling them "fake news"...

Well this is simply just one more case of "what trump accuses you of, he is himself"

His whole political career is painted with it

In the last 4 years or so, I must have referred to this phrase at least ten times on these threads.

'Accuse others of that which you are guilty'.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    I remember after Trump won in 2016 that a favorite meme of his supporters was the pic of the woman screaming.

Lots of glee at telling people to get over it, you lost. Popular vote lost, who cares it the EC that's important, that's the system.
    ErQzyk7XEAEJKpq?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 17,772 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

The parler app is banned/going to be banned
    Its been booted of the play store, Apple are gonna do the same if they dont begin moderation, also Amazon are looking into nuking their AWS hosting anyway

• Advertisement

francois wrote: »
    It's always playing the victim with them. The fake outrage by tge free speech warriors is hilarious.

This is coming from the same president who stood at the podium at his rallies and promised to alter libel laws so he could more easily sue those that sad anything bad about him.

Hypocrisy really is the greatest luxury

• Registered Users Posts: 13,090 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I'm in the minority but I think its important enough for all to see his madness and evil to leave him on Twitter. It's his historical record and he needs to be thrown into the dustbin of history, which in turn needs to be sunk in concrete somewhere deep like the Mariana's trench.

Maybe kick him off twitter post-Inauguration, but not before.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Igotadose wrote: »
    I'm in the minority but I think its important enough for all to see his madness and evil to leave him on Twitter. It's his historical record and he needs to be thrown into the dustbin of history, which in turn needs to be sunk in concrete somewhere deep like the Mariana's trench.

Maybe kick him off twitter post-Inauguration, but not before.

The problem is if it's inciting violence or sedition then it's a danger to the public.

I'll just leave this here for the free speech crowd.

171011-colin-kaepernick-ac-750p_7f5f471f85191c2220ad161cb8ee7e72.jpg

RMVGLLQCL7KTCGMGTQB4UFWLUQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 54,991 ✭✭✭✭walshb

markodaly wrote: »

This is why the Democrats are going for the juggler now with the impeachment process. They still fear him, and what he stands for. They want to try and slay the beast once and for all but if they do, they could make things a hell of a lot worse for themselves in the long run.

Most decent good people fear him...

He is a fooking scumbag. Madman..

Hell bent on hate/division/combat and polarisation.

Propped up and encouraged and facilitated by many!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,305 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Aha Trump and his cronies + their private shìte site Parler all being nuked is hilarious.

Trolls now have to move back under thier bridges. Their moment in mainstream ended in disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

It's another wake up call. They will continue to take away our freedoms. Even the president of the United States has been silenced by the Luciferian worshipping illuminati. The next step is to call the preaching of the gospel as hate speech. They are currently building the third temple in Israel to coincide with the arrival of the antichrist. It is all lining up as per bible revelation.

You definitely meant to post this in the Conspiracy Theories forum.

FFS,

It takes a real nutcase in a powerful position like Trump for social media to have to actually ban him

Think of this: companies have had to ban the most powerful leader on earth, in the world’s most powerful, and supposedly free and democratic country..

Let that sink in. This is what the U.S. have allowed in. He is that bad and dangerous, that social media are being forced to try and help..

Forget sides. Forget left, middle, right. Just think about this as a human being..

• Subscribers Posts: 41,228 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Literal nazis storm the capitol building.

Ted cruz stands up for them

QED

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

walshb wrote: »
    F
    Think of this: companies have had to ban the most powerful leader on earth, in the world’s most powerful, and supposedly free and democratic country..
    BS doesn't sink in too well. Let's rephrase it:

Big tech choose to ban their biggest enemy for their own interests because they're done squeezing conflict engagement out of him and bootlickers rejoice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,772 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

walshb wrote: »
    Let that sink in. This is what the U.S. have allowed in. He is that bad and dangerous, that social media are being forced to try and help..

Now lets not fool ourselves they are doing this for one reason and one reason only, to protect themselves. Also they've been completely complicit for the last 5+ years in letting things get to where they are.

VinLieger wrote: »
    Now lets not fool ourselves they are doing this for one reason and one reason only, to protect themselves. Also they've been completely complicit for the last 5+ years in letting things get to where they are.

I am not saying these companies are a bastion of goodness..

The fact still remains: the world’s most powerful leader had to be banned..

This is just obscene! That’s how dangerous a man he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

On the one hand, it's not great for companies like Twitter and Facebook to be removing the president's platform.

On the other hand, they let him spoof any kind of crap at all for 4 years, and only when he was literally encouring people to attack the very centre of legislature did they remove that platform.

It remains a very high bar.

There is a principle there, and the deplatforming sits uneasily with me in that regard, but in another way it's hard to argue with it, seeing as people have died, and Trump showed no signs of toning down his rhetoric until the ban.

It's another wake up call. They will continue to take away our freedoms. Even the president of the United States has been silenced by the Luciferian worshipping illuminati. The next step is to call the preaching of the gospel as hate speech. They are currently building the third temple in Israel to coincide with the arrival of the antichrist. It is all lining up as per bible revelation.

I would recommend lithium, followed by a strong schedule of Seroquel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Trump used Twitter to incite a terrorist attack on his own government during which 5 people died and people think Twitter are wrong to ban him?

FFS what world are you living in?

Imagine recently deceased Michel McKevitt had been using Twitter when planning to bomb Omagh, would Twitter be wrong to ban him too?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,744 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

osarusan wrote: »
    On the one hand, it's not great for companies like Twitter and Facebook to be removing the president's platform.

An actual proper President would never force a company to even contemplate that move.

osarusan wrote: »

But this is how bad the man has become...

So bad, that even twitter were forced to help out....

This is it in a nutshell.

We all know he had free reign for years on twitter, but even now, twitter have had to act.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Hoop66

But what they didn't manage was being restricted from using the communications of their times.

The longest serving president Franklin Delano Roosevelt used the latest technology of his time: the radio and it's one of the biggest reasons he served for so long. It was the first time the population had a consistent and direct ear to the very voice of their president. Successful presidents thereafter all used the communication of their time. Trump used the internet and corporate social media and is somewhat of a marketing genius for lack of a better term. Imagine FDR being cut off certain radio waves by the FCC because his words didn't align with their agenda.

Make no mistake, Biden will uses social media. will be using and and will need to continue to do so if he wants more than one term. But unlike with Trump the social media giants will welcome him with open arms instead of fighting him at every turn. Only I'm pretty sure he'll need to 100% rely on his team for that interaction given he can barely remember his own name let alone use a computer.

What did Trump use the "technology of his time" for?

To bring Americans together?
    To communicate important information?
    To encourage Americans to work together to mitigate the effects of a deadly pandemic?

No. He used it to pick fights with his perceived enemies, to promote baseless conspiracy theories and to orchestrate an attack on the heart of US democracy.

He's no FDR.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement