Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I will tell you what though.

This is the left's 9/11.

The death toll is not comparable. But its a slap in the face. If you were not woke before you are now.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,383 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

At least understand why Trump was elected to begin with what he actually stood for and what MAGA is actually about before lazily labelling them as Nazis.

Lazy??

They wore nazi clothes

The hung nazi flags

They had nazi tattoos

LOL

The only lazy here is your attempt at revisionist history.

Trump was elected because he was an unknown in a race against a widely hated career candidate from a political dynasty.

However as trumps term proceeded it became very clear he was not fit for that office.
    His job creation was built off the back of the rape of the environment.
    His four years had done more damage to foreign relations than could have been thought possible. His best foreign policy action was to draw up peace deals between Israel and countries which weren't in an armed struggle against them.

He stoked racial tensions in a country already severely divided and must take some responsibility for the BLM and antifa riots. He must take 100% responsibility for the failed insurrection.

He is the worst president in my living memory, which covers 7 presidents, and I'm sure he will go down in history as the worst American president ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

It would take me all day to answer all the falsehoods in this but I'll start with the first paragraph.

US GDP 1980 - 2020 (last 2 years excluded

US-GDP-1980-2020-2.png

US unemployment 2006 - 2019

Screen-Shot-2020-01-23-at-3.55.36-PM.png

Can you show me the point in either graph which shows just exactly the positive steps which Trump took and the impact they had on these metrics.

You're dealing with someone who is trying to say that the people displaying Nazi symbolism aren't Nazis. I wouldn't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

This is the left's 9/11.

The death toll is not comparable. But its a slap in the face. If you were not woke before you are now.
    What a load of utter hyperbolic rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Juicee wrote: »
    The hypocrisy of the leftist mob calling in 6th events insurrection after what they got up to last summer is simply breathtaking

It's breathtaking alright that you can't see the difference between supporting protests calling for the fair treatment of all people at the ends of people specifically hired to keep people safe and the refusal of people to accept democratic elections in spite of over 60 court challenges in relation to them being thrown out on the basis that there was no evidence to suggest the result was manipulated.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

The hypocrisy of the leftist mob calling in 6th events insurrection after what they got up to last summer is simply breathtaking

Only 1 side attempted to interfere with and stopped the functioning of the Legislative branch of Government that I can see.

I would say from here on in. Trumpers attempting to argue with anyone with decency ..should know ....its a useless exercise.

They have gathered all the low hanging fruit they are going to.

Any further 'members' from here on in will only be won with intimidation or coercion.

Yes the man got ...millions of votes ...like 70 million? But its not going to grow.

Not with free choice anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Pelosi and the rest of the leftist political and media mob directly incited murder riots and looting of cities during summer anyone remember that?? They weren’t they censored???

People should check themselves for hypocrisy here
    But if politicians removed law and order (police stood down, some areas allowed independence) from the violent rioters burning down the homes and businesses of ordinary americans, why would same people see a problem with the senate getting sacked? I mean isn't law and order a cornerstone of democracy, so if anti democratic politicians got a taste of what they incited all summer... Karma?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Movementarian

At least understand why Trump was elected to begin with what he actually stood for and what MAGA is actually about before lazily labelling them as Nazis.

Why was Trump elected?

Obama presided over the slowest economic recovery since the Great Depression. The economy was growing but too slowly. Poverty homelessness business closures crime and drug use was rampant. Manufacturing jobs were relocating from rust belt states to Mexico China and elsewhere. American cities were rotting and infrastructure crumbling. On his watch on the southern border millions were crossing although millions were being deported every year. Islamic terrorists with their base in the Islamic Caliphate were running rampant after disastrous interventions in Afghanistan Iraq Libya and Syria since 2001. North Korea Iran Russia and China were openly defying Obama. Political correctness and cancel culture and identity politics were running rampant on college campuses and beginning to cross into the real world as millenials and generation z became adults.
    America was in deep deep sh*t.
    The Democrats and Republicans were a busted flush and Trump identified these problems and promised to solve them.

Trump cut taxes and business regulations and the economy took off. Small business grew dramatically. Millions of new manufacturing jobs were created as Trump encouraged American companies to hire Americans and the deficit hole was being filled in. Trump fought a trade war with China and won. He clamped down on illegal immigration and began building the border wall with Mexico. Trafficking and ill crossings fell dramatically. He cooperated with Russia to defeat ISIS and the Islamic Caliphate was wiped out. He forced NATO countries to increase their part instead of leaning America to protect them in Europe. He began the withdrawal from Afghanistan. He threatened fire and fury against North Korea forcing Kim Jong Un to back down and reign in his nuclear program. He defied political correctness and woke culture standing up for American traditions of God faith patriotism individualism and capitalism.

The covid crisis caused millions to lose their jobs and businesses and the Black Lives Matter and Antifa violence destroyed billions of dollars of property damage and brought about a collapse of law and order in major American cities.
    Statues of Washington Jefferson and Lincoln were torn down the American flag was burned and the left screamed they wanted to establish a Marxist state.
    Hysterical Democrats had for 4 years tried to take out President Trump firstly with a bogus investigation into Russian collusion in the the 2016 election and secondly tried to impeach him over his request that Hunter Biden be investigated by the Ukrainian government over his appointment to Barisma because of their financial relationship to his father Joe Biden.
    The media fed their liberal viewers an unrelentingly biased and negative narrative that Trump was basically Hitler.

Trump rightly was concerned that Biden's victory was stolen because of the notorious corruption in Milwaukee Detriot Pittsburgh Philadelphia and Atlanta where unlikely results in those cities gave him victory in the swing states and the Presidency.

Biden promises high taxes lockdowns reparations from whites for bogus black greviences and other anti American insanity from the extreme left and kowtows to China. He has cheered on Big Tech censorship. He plans to go after the 5th Ammendment.
    The hysterical deranged Pelosi wants to impeach Trump yet again.

Is it any wonder the MAGA crowd stormed the Capitol?

Going forward Biden the Democrats and Republicans and the media are opposed by the best part of 70 million Americans who voted for Trump and his agenda.
    Many believe as Trump does the election was rigged and that the Supreme Court Senate Congress have betrayed the constitution.

The national debt/deficit grew by around 36% under Trump. Cursory search on google. The opposite of 'filling it in' as you claim. Stopped reading your nonsense there.

osarusan wrote: »
    What a load of utter hyperbolic rubbish.
    Several moderate Americans have stated it reminded them of 9/11. Its been reported.

I don't think the right have woken up to what has happened yet. I don't think people outside of America realize what has happened fully.

At least not its far reaching affects.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Big tech is what enables alt right. Without big tech there wouldn't be the likes of Alex jones. It's not hidden.

Bit late on this but Alex Jones has been banned off of all the major social media platforms for a few years at this stage.

Did that make him disappear? **** no, he's still right in the thick of all this stuff and a lot of the people at the Capitol were there because he was advertising the event on his show.

Just because you make the loud nasty man go away from your Twitter feed it doesn't mean that he and his supporters cease to exist.

But if politicians removed law and order (police stood down, some areas allowed independence) from the violent rioters burning down the homes and businesses of ordinary americans, why would same people see a problem with the senate getting sacked? I mean isn't law and order a cornerstone of democracy, so if anti democratic politicians got a taste of what they incited all summer... Karma?

Wait just a minute.

It was Trump who incited the BLM riots.

Without him ..and his hate speech they never would have happened.

You can only blame the GOP for the mostly peaceful #blm protests.

Bit late on this but Alex Jones has been banned off of all the major social media platforms for a few years at this stage.

Did that make him disappear? **** no, he's still right in the thick of all this stuff and a lot of the people at the Capitol were there because he was advertising the event on his show.

Just because you make the loud nasty man go away from your Twitter feed it doesn't mean that he and his supporters cease to exist.

It did shrink his profile though and give him less power.

Alex Jones has been way less influential in the public discussion space since he lost his Twitter/FB/YouTube platforms.

He disowned Trump yesterday by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,860 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Alex Jones lost a fortune and is a veritable no body now.

So, ya good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,366 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

What about the takedown of multiple high profile conservative/anti-leftist twitter accounts yesterday.

Apple talking about banning Parler from App Store if they don’t follow suit.

This is about a lot more than Trump it’s a political movement it is wide scale Censorship by big tech.

Anyone who genuinely values democracy should be very worried about this no matter why you think of trump.

If you support this type of censorship you are very much a part of the problem.

Pelosi and the rest of the leftist political and media mob directly incited murder riots and looting of cities during summer anyone remember that?? They weren’t they censored???

People should check themselves for hypocrisy here

There needs to be a real conversation on the concept of free speech in the modern age. If I create a ‘deep fake’ video ‘showing’ Joe Biden punching a woman in the face and send it to social media knowing that it is completely fabricated but pretending that it is real. Should that be protected free speech?

Then What about the people who see my fake video and believe it is real, and they share the video thinking that it’s true, and Biden is a violent thug who punches women in the face. These people are spreading a libelous lie thinking they have proof that it is true, is this protected speech?

The internet is full of individuals communicating in good faith, but it is also infected with bad actors who want to use these platforms to seed disinformation, for propaganda, to foment hatred and violence and to radicalize vulnerable people to join extremist movements

I think social media companies are banning people now to distract attention from their own culpability in this whole affair. These curated feeds, the likes of YouTube, Facebook, Twitter etc, that show people content based on an algorithm aimed at feeding addiction has had a very serious impact on the way people think. Many People are plugged into these platforms all of their waking lives and they only see the same viewpoint that they ‘like’ repeated back to them, getting distilled and refined until it becomes their entire world. QANON isn’t an insane belief if all of the information being fed to you every day reinforces that narrative. It’s literally brain washing

I think the social media companies should shut down the bots and troll farms immediately. Then they should regulate any account that puts itself forward as a news source or ‘alternative media’
    And most importantly, they need to redesign the algorithm to change how people’s content feeds work

There needs to be government regulation of social media to force these things or we’re going to see what’s happened in America repeated in every country on earth within the next 10 to 20 years

Trump didn't even say anything about the police officer who died.

Pelosi was the one who made the flag fly at half mast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭fash

Twitter have just given Trump supporters more reason to believe the world is against Trump and them. Incredibly dangerous move they've made and to see celebs and others celebrate it is silly. Trump is a very dangerous man but the story isn't Trump it's the 75m Americans that voted for him even after the last 4 years and aren't going away in 11 days time.
    Surely this is in the interests of the democrats- those who are so feral on the republican side that they do not reject trump and in fact want more have nowhere to go - all they can do is destroy the republicans - or stop voting and destroy the republicans.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Juicee

Trump didn't even say anything about the police officer who died.

Pelosi was the one who made the flag fly at half mast.

When the cities were being destroyed and all of the associated Murder and mayhem During summer Pelosi said she “didn’t understand why there wasn’t more”. She directly incited and encouraged the mayhem. As did CNN and a multitude of other political and media heads.

I dont support or justify either side but it seems that People who do, like yourself, only see what they want to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

markodaly wrote: »
    I think people need a bit of a history lesson.
    Trump entered the presidential race for the GOP nomination in 2016 and no one took him seriously. Everyone thought that the ultimate race would be Jebb Bush (remember him) vs Hillary Clinton....
    Trump enters the race and destroys them all. He ****ed over the GOP establishment...
    ... then he went on to win the White House against the Clinton machine..

Unbelievable stuff tbh, one of the biggest political upsets in history.

Even with everything that happened this year, he did well enough in the presidential elections, falling short in a few key states.

One more thought. It has been concluded by the vast majority of data scientists and pollsters that if it were not for Covid-19 Trump would be reinaugurated on Jan 20th easily.

It had to take a one in a 100-year pandemic to force him from office.

This is why the Democrats are going for the juggler now with the impeachment process. They still fear him, and what he stands for. They want to try and slay the beast once and for all but if they do, they could make things a hell of a lot worse for themselves in the long run.

One thing the Democrats and the left always do, they overreach and believe their own morality is superior to anyone else. This is all political showmanship dressed up as morality. They are thinking about the next 10 years, which they want to dominate politically and bend the GOP to their will.

Again, overreaching because in 2022 when the midterms will be on us, many of them will be ****ed out of office, just like what happened in 2010 with Obama and 96 with Clinton.

Dont believe me?

It is common knowledge now that the way the Democrats handled the SCOTUS nomination of Brett Kavanaugh cost the Democrats the Senate in 2018. And because of that, they lost another pick at the Supreme Court....

It's like a universal law of physics, the Democrats will overreach.

There are seriously short term thinkers on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I see the Trumpists are busy "both-sidesing" it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,184 ✭✭✭✭walshb

When the cities were being destroyed and all of the associated Murder and mayhem During summer Pelosi said she “didn’t understand why there wasn’t more”. She directly incited and encouraged the mayhem. As did CNN and a multitude of other political and media heads.

I dont support or justify either side but it seems that People who do, like yourself, only see what they want to see

Wow...I didn't know this

Can you show me the actual context of it?

Anyway, that would be about her....and if she did do this the way you are presenting it here, then it is very very wrong.

I found:

Nancy Pelosi

Pelosi’s alleged riot quote — "I just don’t know why there aren’t uprisings all over the country. Maybe there will be" — was said over two years ago about the Trump administration’s policy of separating migrant children from their parents at the U.S.-Mexico border.

1. What city lies in ruins?
    2. Trump incited those riots. They wouldn't have happened had Clinton been in power.

3. Democrats have shown incredible restraint time and time again.

In other words ..its a bit late now ..that ship has sailed.

Yes ..we see what we want and allow ourselves to see.

This is very true.

Im done trying to put things in context or correct people who as you say WANT to see it their GOP way.

There is no point.

There is no meeting of the minds.

Leftests are here to support other leftests.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭francois

• Registered Users Posts: 22,366 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

listermint wrote: »
    Alex Jones lists a fortune and is a veritable no body now.

So, ya good job.

American libel laws are completely inadequate. If Alex Jones was in Ireland and said that Joan Burton had a secret dungeon under a deli in Leeson Street where she sold children for sex and performed human sacrifices he would have been sued into oblivion

In America it seems you can make up any lie you like about anyone and knowingly spread it for profit with impunity and make a fortune from it.

Not to mention his dangerous health advice, false claims about supplements and selling unregulated medical devices.

The man probably breaks a dozen Irish laws every time he broadcasts any of his shows, in America he’s allowed to profit from deliberate misinformation because he pretends that it’s honestly held belief (only when it suits him by the way)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

The people banned on these accounts, or the actions taken by the owners of the platform are entirely appropriate given the nature of the communications which were posted on the accounts and the actions which happened in the real world.

Should Twitter allow people to openly advertise the selling of illegal substances which can kill people if they are unlucky enough when they take them?

Let me know what you think.

The Ayatollah of Iran still has a twitter account?

Islamic hate preachers still have twitter accounts?

Black Lives Matter terrorist who burned looted and murdered all summer last year still have twitter accounts?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

listermint wrote: »
    Alex Jones lists a fortune and is a veritable no body now.

So, ya good job.

While it's not the most scientific metric in the world, look at the most viewed episodes of the Joe Rogan show on Youtube.

The second most popular is Alex Jones with 25m views and there is another one with him with 16m views. The most popular one? Elon Musk, another guy who has at least dipped his toe into right wing ideology.

Alex Jones is still plenty famous and has a big following, it has just been brushed away to it's own corner of the net to simmer away unchecked for the most part.

markodaly wrote: »
    I think people need a bit of a history lesson.
    Trump entered the presidential race for the GOP nomination in 2016 and no one took him seriously. Everyone thought that the ultimate race would be Jebb Bush (remember him) vs Hillary Clinton....
    Trump enters the race and destroys them all. He ****ed over the GOP establishment...
    ... then he went on to win the White House against the Clinton machine..

Unbelievable stuff tbh, one of the biggest political upsets in history.

Even with everything that happened this year, he did well enough in the presidential elections, falling short in a few key states.

One more thought. It has been concluded by the vast majority of data scientists and pollsters that if it were not for Covid-19 Trump would be reinaugurated on Jan 20th easily.

It had to take a one in a 100-year pandemic to force him from office.

This is why the Democrats are going for the juggler now with the impeachment process. They still fear him, and what he stands for. They want to try and slay the beast once and for all but if they do, they could make things a hell of a lot worse for themselves in the long run.

One thing the Democrats and the left always do, they overreach and believe their own morality is superior to anyone else. This is all political showmanship dressed up as morality. They are thinking about the next 10 years, which they want to dominate politically and bend the GOP to their will.

Again, overreaching because in 2022 when the midterms will be on us, many of them will be ****ed out of office, just like what happened in 2010 with Obama and 96 with Clinton.

Dont believe me?

It is common knowledge now that the way the Democrats handled the SCOTUS nomination of Brett Kavanaugh cost the Democrats the Senate in 2018. And because of that, they lost another pick at the Supreme Court....

It's like a universal law of physics, the Democrats will overreach.

Not it hasn't.

As for claiming that Democrats moral authority is higher than anyone else. That's hardly surprising or up for debate when the 'anyone else' is proponents of the free market and the non-existent trickle down economics.

Also, your point on Kavanaugh costing the Democrats the senate is not common knowledge, it is an opinion. And here you are pontificating about the Democrats over reaching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

This is the left's 9/11.

This "left" nonsense just feeds into the MAGA extremist. Biden and most democrats are nowhere near left wing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement