Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toys

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I got my first vibrator recently, and as far as I know it's a fairly good one, but I'm not too impressed with it! I've never had any problems at all with coming through sex or on my own, but when I use the vibrator it takes absolutely forever and I get very little enjoyment out of it. I've been experimenting a bit with using it different ways, and really taking time out to get in the mood and see if it's any better then, but to be honest it's becoming a bit of a chore trying to make it enjoyable and I'd rather just do without it! Has anyone else ever experienced this?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 eeichi_girl

I've noticed that loads of people are mentioning UK sites for toys. I try to shop for toys (and everything else) only in Ireland so that we keep the little Irish business alive. Also some of the .ie toy sites are owned by big UK companies. I buy and some of my friends by at

http://www.toysforjoys.ie
    or
    http://www.sextoysireland.ie (free shipping) :)

The likes of sex-toys.ie., bondara, Love Honey and Anne summers are all UK based. Glad they are there and they are good but some of the Irish ones could do with our support

I'm not giving out, just pro Irish business. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭cheesey1

Hi Ladies.

I learned an awful lot from this thread when buying a few presents for my wife recently. I thought i would return the favor and show you one that seems to proved very popular with a lot of people

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15948

ps: On the love eggs- do many of you find them stupid as they seem to slide out...

do you mind me asking did you purchase this crazy random grab bag?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

cheesey1 wrote: »
    do you mind me asking did you purchase this crazy random grab bag?

Yes.. its only been despatched today so i will let you know if she is happy. I got her the female one.... Figured why not...I can always watch. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

Yes.. its only been despatched today so i will let you know if she is happy. I got her the female one.... Figured why not...I can always watch. :D

I purchased one of these too and they said it was dispatched yesterday so guess have to wait till next week to receive it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Megglz wrote: »
    treated myself to a rabbit recently, got the thruster deluxe. impressive :D

My boyfriend surprised me with a thruster one day... Enjoy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Rediscovered this thread from the guilty pleasures one :D

Just in case anyone's interested, Ann Summers is having a sale at the moment and you can get quite a few fun things for very cheap! They have one vibrator for 6 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Hiya girls,

I have never tried a vibrator but personally I dont tend to achieve orgasm through penetrative. I did invest in a rosebud(clitoral stimulator) from Ann Summers a few years back(they dont seem to do them anymore) and oh mai.....I lovvvvvvved it, barely left my room :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

kinkydevil.ie were the company I used and can't recommend them enough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I had a rabbit that I bought 2 years ago, and I loved the clitoral stimulation part, but just couldn't get anything from the rest of it, so I ended up dumping it for one of the little Ann Summers bullets. Does anyone else ever get this, or was I doing something wrong? I've never had an orgasmic experience from penetration, not that I'm complaining, it's all still great ;) Just wondering is it not meant for some people?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

amyputz wrote: »
    I had a rabbit that I bought 2 years ago, and I loved the clitoral stimulation part, but just couldn't get anything from the rest of it, so I ended up dumping it for one of the little Ann Summers bullets. Does anyone else ever get this, or was I doing something wrong? I've never had an orgasmic experience from penetration, not that I'm complaining, it's all still great ;) Just wondering is it not meant for some people?
    Tbh I'd just go with what works for you - if clit stimulation gets you off a lot more than penetration, work with that and try toys which emphasize that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Maddison wrote: »
    Hiya girls,

I have never tried a vibrator but personally I dont tend to achieve orgasm through penetrative. I did invest in a rosebud(clitoral stimulator) from Ann Summers a few years back(they dont seem to do them anymore) and oh mai.....I lovvvvvvved it, barely left my room :D

Got it on sale the other day for €6 or something, I really don't like it! The bullet in it is great but I don't like the rose bit.

I've been using vibrators since I was about 17, so 6 years now! I pretty much have a collection of different shapes and styles :o Rabbit is my favourite though! I have 2!

If your ever worried about getting one, don't be! The girls working in Ann Summers are the nicest, so honest and helpful, sharing all their knowledge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Got it on sale the other day for €6 or something, I really don't like it! The bullet in it is great but I don't like the rose bit.

I've been using vibrators since I was about 17, so 6 years now! I pretty much have a collection of different shapes and styles :o Rabbit is my favourite though! I have 2!

If your ever worried about getting one, don't be! The girls working in Ann Summers are the nicest, so honest and helpful, sharing all their knowledge!

Hell no Id never be worried about getting one!!Childbirth got rid of any inhibitions I had lol!! Couldnt find it on the online site....and wont be in town for a bit...also being back in daddys might prevent me from getting one....that man is a swine for rooting!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Josh_Calvert

I bought an electric toothbrush just before Christmas....and use it to brush my teeth.Seems like everyone's having more fun than me :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Do they have them again in the sale???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

bluewolf wrote: »
    Do they have them again in the sale???

I was in Dublin Tuesday of last week. Only ones they had on sale were the rosebud, which has a bullet with it, and this slim, straight one that has a measure on it :P I think they were both €6. The bullet of the rosebud is good, the other one is pretty awful, meant to be a joke really! I don't think they had any money off any of the other vibrators though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Reward

I think that vibrators are good in small doses. I'd rather not have a woman that has desentisised herself and not learned to orgasm easily because of over reliance on vibrations and there are plenty of non vibrating toys that enhance the natural ability to orgasm, but I have one called "the celebrator", it oscillates an insane number of times per min. and will make a woman orgasm in a matter seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

If people realised what those €6 vibrators were made from they wouldn't be buying them. Most vibrators under €30 are packed with harmful chemicles, just Google Phthalates and see what pops up.

The famous Habbit Rabbit from Sex and the City fame was found to be made from 60% Phthalates.

Most of the toys that Ann Summers sold until last year were packed with harmful toxins. Most of the toys they sold were generic(unbranded) and its only within the last few months they are starting to sell branded products. People are copping on and they have had to act responsibly.

And tbh I don't even find them that cheap considering what your getting.

Most people care more about what the creams they put on their faces are made out of than what they put inside themselves.

One peice of info.

Phthalates leach into the body and has been found to cause cancer and are hormone disruptors that can have drastic effects on unborn babies(hormonal problems).

Silicone is the best material to make sex toys from. It might be a little bit more expensive but it is non-porous, non-toxic, easily sterilised, bio-degradable, doesn't have an offensive odour, are Phthalate free and can last a life time.

I got 2 vibrators a couple of years ago and after a few weeks of not using them took them out to find them stuck together and covered with an oily substance. The oily sustance was Phthalates and stank like a new shower curtain(off gassing).

Avoid cheap sex toys.

And remember, if it smells bad, it is bad.

€6 vibrator:confused::(:mad:.

suey71 wrote: »
    If people realised what those €6 vibrators were made from they wouldn't be buying them. Most vibrators under €30 are packed with harmful chemicles, just Google Phthalates and see what pops up.

The famous Habbit Rabbit from Sex and the City fame was found to be made from 60% Phthalates.

Most of the toys that Ann Summers sold until last year were packed with harmful toxins. Most of the toys they sold were generic(unbranded) and its only within the last few months they are starting to sell branded products. People are copping on and they have had to act responsibly.

And tbh I don't even find them that cheap considering what your getting.

Most people care more about what the creams they put on their faces are made out of than what they put inside themselves.

One peice of info.

Phthalates leach into the body and has been found to cause cancer and are hormone disruptors that can have drastic effects on unborn babies(hormonal problems).

Silicone is the best material to make sex toys from. It might be a little bit more expensive but it is non-porous, non-toxic, easily sterilised, bio-degradable, doesn't have an offensive odour, are Phthalate free and can last a life time.

I got 2 vibrators a couple of years ago and after a few weeks of not using them took them out to find them stuck together and covered with an oily substance. The oily sustance was Phthalates and stank like a new shower curtain(off gassing).

Avoid cheap sex toys.

And remember, if it smells bad, it is bad.

€6 vibrator:confused::(:mad:.

I agree, the Ann Summers range tends to be gimmicky crap and there are plenty of steel, glass and high quality silicone toys out there that will last a lot longer than the 3 or 6 months a gimmicky plastic thing with lots of bells and whistles will. As for bullets, you get what you pay for. A six euro bullet will burn out very quickly and probably isn't made from good quality steel.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,437 ✭✭✭✭ted1

sue have you just opened an online shop ? Would your opinion be biased?

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »

There is validity in what she is saying, most products that contain phthalates have been taken off the market, many toys will carry a statement saying that they don't contain phthalates... and Ann Summers stock along with the majority of the fluffy marketed to women type outlets are usually more the novelty end. The best places to find quality toys are bdsm sites.

ted1 wrote: »

Hi ted,

I have and yes I'm totally biased.

Jacqueline Gold has made hundreds of millions from selling tack and I have started an online shop aimed at the more informed customer and even to inform the potential customer of the dangers of cheaply made generic toys.

Seriously, Miss Gold has been selling Novelty items for over 30 years and its only now she's changing, because people are more informed.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

For those who want some further information about the materials in sex toys, it may be worth reading this guide from LoveHoney.

The guy who owns Lovehoney is a master at PR and has a team of people at his disposal coming up with ways to sell products that are not that safe.

Love Honey still sells toxic toys but they leave it up to you if you want to buy them. His concience is clean. Just put a condom over it and you'll be OK.

He might even have a €6 vibrator for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

how would have thought that there was so many women this open minded, i guess we are the country of prudes that so make us out to bem
    Fair play ladies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Reward, or anyone else - if you wish to do business with a poster could you PM them or follow the link in their signature rather than trying to conduct business in this forum.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Reward wrote: »
    I think that vibrators are good in small doses. I'd rather not have a woman that has desentisised herself and not learned to orgasm easily because of over reliance on vibrations and there are plenty of non vibrating toys that enhance the natural ability to orgasm, but I have one called "the celebrator", it oscillates an insane number of times per min. and will make a woman orgasm in a matter seconds.
    :pac: I take it you don't masturbate so? Since you're "desensitising" yourself to the feeling of actual sex? Yes, if either sex is masturbating to the point that it's the only way they can reach orgasm, it's a problem, but that point is not "small doses"

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

28064212 wrote: »
    :pac: I take it you don't masturbate so? Since you're "desensitising" yourself to the feeling of actual sex? Yes, if either sex is masturbating to the point that it's the only way they can reach orgasm, it's a problem, but that point is not "small doses"

He has a point though, he's not saying not to masturbate, he's just talking about the vibrations. I never use anything except my vibrator to orgasm tbh, I get a lot of pleasure doing other things but that's the only way I can climax.

However I wouldn't say I've "desensitised" myself. I couldn't do it any other way before either ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

Reward wrote: »

I'm of the completely opposite opinion. A lot of women don't like to touch themselves. Using a vibrator to learn how to orgasm can be a very good thing for women to do.

I'm not sure why you think that using a vibrator would desensitise a women to the extent that she wouldn't be able to orgasm through other methods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Well ladies,

I'm staying in home alone this weekend - managed to get myself ill - and to cheer myself up I may have headed out and spent way more than I was planning to on a Lelo (Mona). Hadn't even heard of them 'till today but I saw one and fell in love.

Now, aesthetically they're very attractive, and I've come home and read a few reviews and, suffice to say, I'm looking forward to later. This is very much a girl thing to say but I feel like I've just bought the most amazing pair of shoes and I can't wait to wear them to the ball!

I'm just surprised that I haven't heard of this brand before. Now, it's not something that would come up in my conversations a lot, but still.

I'm just hoping it lives up to its reputation. Does anybody have any Lelo experience??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement