Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toys

Options
  • 26-05-2010 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Saw a thread on the Gentlemens Club called "GASP TABOO" and was did take a looked over it.

My question is I just purchased a "bullet" on the Ann Summers site and was wondering has anyone used one of these before, I haven't but was interested to see what it would be like.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

My missus loves hers :) I really dont get the "oh noes, I'm being replaced!" attitudes some guys have to sex toys, they're just an extra they dont replace the real thing, go nuts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Sex toys are great - amazing alone and great to add spice!!! I love all my sexy toys - they are very enjoyable!!!

Don't get the tabo around them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

My OH helps me play with my toys sometimes :D

I love my toys.... don't have the bullet though so would be interested to hear other thoughts - may have to buy a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

I dont have a huge selection of toys. i do have a few of those bullet toys. they are great. im interested in getting something new. something powerful but not too big. any recommendations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Pembily wrote: »

Don't get the tabo around them!

In a perfect world no one would, but we dont live in a perfect world,
    Id just like to add Ive no issue with women useing toys, or men for that matter.

op
    I thaught i'd start the thread to see what opinions where, Because it was a topic i felt that could be disscussed.

women have anne summers partys, i dont think to many men could be in that kind of enviroment. I wasnt really sure on the title for the thread, so I thaught Gasps tabo would grab attention and get people posting.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭cheesey1

thanks, I am waiting delivery of it - really don't know much about them but thought I'd give it a good and I am sure there will be an booklet with it - just wondering can you use it with your OH too?

cheesey1 wrote: »
    thanks, I am waiting delivery of it - really don't know much about them but thought I'd give it a good and I am sure there will be an booklet with it - just wondering can you use it with your OH too?

yup, doing it doggy style while she uses a virator on herself feels great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

cheesey1 wrote: »

Yeah, using it for sex with a partner is fun :) As for a booklet, there's not much to using a bullet! Just turn it on and off you get ;)

I've a fair stash of toys at this stage and while I use them a good bit on my own, they make a regular appearance with my partner as well... he likes the idea of them as well as the extra stimulation for me.

shellyboo wrote: »
    Yeah, using it for sex with a partner is fun :)As for a booklet, there's not much to using a bullet! Just turn it on and off you get ;)

I've a fair stash of toys at this stage and while I use them a good bit on my own, they make a regular appearance with my partner as well... he likes the idea of them as well as the extra stimulation for me.

ha yeah, its a vibrator not a combustion engine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I'm getting my first one this weekend! I never really wanted one before, but now I'm living away from my OH and only get to see him every couple of weeks, and, you know, I miss stuff! :D

I'm really nervous about buying it! I know nothing about them, won't have a clue what to look for! I suppose Ann Summers is probably the best place to buy them, yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'm getting my first one this weekend! I never really wanted one before, but now I'm living away from my OH and only get to see him every couple of weeks, and, you know, I miss stuff! :D

I'm really nervous about buying it! I know nothing about them, won't have a clue what to look for! I suppose Ann Summers is probably the best place to buy them, yeah?

Yeah they're lovely and helpful in there and discreet, they won't be pushy but they'll give recommendations if you want.
    I love shopping there though my toys keep breaking :o

OP - i'd recommend their rosebud toy

oh and yeah you can use a lot of them with a partner too

Personally wouldn't be a massive fan of Ann Summers toys... They're a bit overpriced for the quality, I find. But certainly for a first-timer it's handy to be able to go into the store and see what size they are etc, and get advice from the staff :)

Another real-life store option is Miss Fantasia on South William Street -- they'd sell proper branded toys where Ann Summers would only sell their own brand. I stick to buying online myself -- there's a website called LoveHoney that I find fantastic. Great customer service and good prices too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Personally wouldn't be a massive fan of Ann Summers toys... They're a bit overpriced for the quality, I find. But certainly for a first-timer it's handy to be able to go into the store and see what size they are etc, and get advice from the staff :)

Another real-life store option is Miss Fantasia on South William Street -- they'd sell proper branded toys where Ann Summers would only sell their own brand. I stick to buying online myself -- there's a website called LoveHoney that I find fantastic. Great customer service and good prices too :)

Anne Summers sell cheap tat at over inflated prices. Love Honey is a great site that shows you the margins the high street stores, in particular Anne Summers, make.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I stick to buying online myself -- there's a website called LoveHoney that I find fantastic. Great customer service and good prices too :)

There's also a good site bondara.com, much cheaper than Ann Summers and a good selection of stuff.
    Once you buy something, they send you 10% off vouchers as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I'm just looking at some of those sites, and my god I've lived a sheltered life! :eek:

They seem a lot cheaper than Ann Summers alright ... haven't a clue what I'm looking for though! So much to choose from!

Just to check, as I'd probably be getting it delivered to my parents house if I bought it online ... the packaging would be fairly subtle, right? :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm just looking at some of those sites, and my god I've lived a sheltered life! :eek:

They seem a lot cheaper than Ann Summers alright ... haven't a clue what I'm looking for though! So much to choose from!

Just to check, as I'd probably be getting it delivered to my parents house if I bought it online ... the packaging would be fairly subtle, right? :D

Having a nose around lovehoney really opens your eyes to all the different types of things people enjoy during sex alright!

It's very discrete packaging, with no indication of what's inside. I think it's labelled as being from LH Trading.

received it the post this morning and there was a free cock ring with it! Might give the "Bullet" a try tonight or over the weekend.

As Faith says, it's a totally plain box, very sturdy so no chance of it tearing or giving a hint as to what's inside. My leftover LoveHoney boxes have all gone to my parents' house full of old magazines/newspapers I need to keep, that's how normal looking they are! :D

Had a look on LoveHoney there, some cool stuff alright, might treat the missus to something :)

krudler wrote: »
    Had a look on LoveHoney there, some cool stuff alright, might treat the missus to something :)

Dooooooooo! :D She'd love that.

• Advertisement

Dooooooooo! :D She'd love that.

Done, should be here in a week or so, looking forward to giving something new a spin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

It just arrives in a brown plain envelope, ive almost forgotten that ive ordered stuff before, as the packaging is so discreet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Anything I've ordered comes in either a plain brown envelope or a strong sturdy box. Nothing on the outside which could lead people to find out what's in it. I order from there all the time and I still live with my parents :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

just ordered from a new site i came across called toysforjoys , stuff is much more reasonable than ann summers and they take laser.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭pinkpigs

hey cheesy1

I promise you, you won't be disappointed! Cannot live without mine!

PP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I think Anne Summers is a good place to start for a complete toy virgin. Id never brought a vibrator before a few months ago when I gt the rosebud anne summers toy. I'm still getting used to it as it feels wierd.
    The rampant rabbits etc look too big and scare me a bit tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Just came across this thread and have found it v. helpful! Had a look on lovehoney and have placed my order, they are adding in free stuff that is on offer, and it is very reasonable - looking forward to receiving it now, ordered it with my OH and we are looking forward to something different! Cheers for advice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I'm very tempted by some of the things on lovehoney! I'd have to get it delivered to work though, and in spite of what people have said about discrete packaging I'm very nervous about ordering stuff from there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭wicklowstar

My boyfriend would see a toy as an insult..
    But I could try be persuasive!
    Any suggestions for something for both of us??
    Was looking at the vibrating rings on lovehoney..

• Advertisement

I told the boy i got it on Friday and he said maybe I should use it on my own - a few hours later he was texting to find out what it was like. Yesterday i asked him if he wanted to come over and play with it and he came over but I did't like to suggest using it as i thought I would let him bring it up but he didn't so we didn't use it together.

But in saying that I used it over the weekend and it was fabulous definately worth the purchase. Have looked on the lovehoney site and I've see the vitrators but as this was my first "toy" to buy for the moment I'll stick with the bullet. But would be interested to hear what others think of the vibrator and how comfortable it is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement