Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toys

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

The big flesh-coloured veiny ones that are meant to look like a replica of an actual penis totally freak me out! :eek:

This is the scariest vibrator EVER!!! 07NCSVAS1052_Z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Pembily wrote: »
    This is the scariest vibrator EVER!!! 07NCSVAS1052_Z.jpg

I nearly got sick when I saw that in Ann Summers :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Please tell me thats called a horn on the cob..

I'll get me coat..

krudler wrote: »

I'll get me coat..

How did ya guess :D

krudler wrote: »

I'll get me coat..

Yup it sure is!!!!
    I nearly got sick when I saw that in Ann Summers :rolleyes:

I just clinched in pain :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

DRied corn on the cob has been used as a dildo in america long before there were vibrators.
    And then there are the wooded carved comforters which husbands would make for thier wives before they would go away for a trip and in china there are tradional dildos as well which go back over 200 years.

Every town in china has a sex shop for toys, the idea being that more orgasms make for happier people they just don't have the same hang ups.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Every town in china has a sex shop for toys, the idea being that more orgasms make for happier people they just don't have the same hang ups.

See I just don't get the hang ups!!! Both my sisters are just like - eugh vibrators are just wrong :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thaedydal wrote: »
    DRied corn on the cob has been used as a dildo in america long before there were vibrators.
    And then there are the wooded carved comforters which husbands would make for thier wives before they would go away for a trip and in china there are tradional dildos as well which go back over 200 years.

:eek:

I would in my behind shove anything made of wood inside me :eek:

Nor would I put food anywhere other than my mouth!

:eek:

I would in my behind shove anything made of wood inside me :eek:

Nor would I put food anywhere other than my mouth!

Oh girl bad bad choice of words there...

Wood no (splinters :eek:) but corn yes as needs must ;) But that vibe from Ann Summer just looks scary!!!

Oh girl bad bad choice of words there...

Wood no (splinters :eek:) but corn yes as needs must ;) But that vibe from Ann Summer just looks scary!!!

I didn't wanna curse :p

Corn - no!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

But would you not be afraid of the bits of corn breaking off and being left inside you? :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

See I just don't get the hang ups!!! Both my sisters are just like - eugh vibrators are just wrong :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm with you on that :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

lol at the splinters comment, no each is turned, sanded, smoothed and waxed.
    http://hardwooddildos.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dildo#History
    Dildos in one form or another have been present in society throughout history. Artifacts from the Upper Paleolithic which have previously been described as batons were most likely used for sexual purposes.[7] However, there appears to be hesitation on the part of archaeologists to label these items as sex toys: as archaeologist Timothy Taylor put it, "Looking at the size, shape, and—some cases—explicit symbolism of the ice age batons, it seems disingenuous to avoid the most obvious and straightforward interpretation. But it has been avoided."[8][9]

The world's oldest known dildo is a siltstone 20-centimeter phallus from the Upper Palaeolithic period 30,000 years ago that was found in Hohle Fels Cave near Ulm Germany.[10] Findings of the archaeologists show that ancient Egyptians used dildos 2,500 years ago. Also, these sex toys were known to the ancient Greeks and sometimes depicted in art (see Dildos in Culture).

The first dildos were made of stone, tar, wood and other materials that could be shaped as penises and that were firm enough to be used as penetrative sex toys. Chinese women in the 15th century used dildos made of lacquered wood with textured surfaces. With the invention of modern materials, there appeared the possibility of making dildos of different shapes, sizes, colors and textures.[11] There have been many references to dildos in the historical and ethnographic literature. Haberlandt,[12] for example, illustrates single and double-ended wooden dildos from late 19th century Zanzibar.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Are ann summers toys just not durable? they seem to break a bit? :confused:
    so did one from lovehoney
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

Oh I have had no problem with the one from lovehoney the Ann Summers bullet I have the battery was crap and no it wasn't from over use!!

bluewolf wrote: »
    Are ann summers toys just not durable? they seem to break a bit? :confused:
    so did one from lovehoney
    :o
    shoes34 wrote: »
    Oh I have had no problem with the one from lovehoney the Ann Summers bullet I have the battery was crap and no it wasn't from over use!!

Eh I have 3 from Anne Summers and 4 from Love Honey and more from another shop in Cork and bar the battries dying I have had no problem and I have one for over 5 years (was a 21st bday pressie :D)!!!

I find them all very durable...

How did they break??

Shoes just buy new batteries for a watch and should be grand, Anne Summers batteries are crap!

just buy new batteries for a watch and should be grand, Anne Summers batteries are crap!

Hi, its not the small round battery like some watch take its a about half the size of a AA battery and I live in a small town, did replace it once found my local jewellers had them but nearly embarrassed to go in again - I think they thought it was for my car key!!! I guess I can say its for my other half's not that they will ask! But yeah definately no problems with it other than the battery life. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

Hi, its not the small round battery like some watch take its a about half the size of a AA battery and I live in a small town, did replace it once found my local jewellers had them but nearly embarrassed to go in again - I think they thought it was for my car key!!! I guess I can say its for my other half's not that they will ask! But yeah definately no problems with it other than the battery life. :D

the internet is your friend, you just need to get the right battery type off the battery and find them online, I think I know the battery your looking for, its very slightly thicker than a AA and half the size, I get them for my GF as she is too embaressed.

http://www.amazon.com/Duracell-12-Volt-Alkaline-Battery-MN21B/dp/B00005T3E3/ref=dp_cp_ob_hpc_image_1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

That's an N sized battery! They're used in car keys but also in cameras so MOST camera shops stock them! I bought two of em 2 weeks ago, think it cost me €4 for the two :)

It's for your camera if they ask :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Shauna.Henn

Did any girls find anything suitable for use at the 'back door'? I'm intruiged by the possibilities, but just not into pain at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

you can buy a baby blue from ann summers... a jelly like butt plug that you can ease in i think... have't tried it but seen it

Did any girls find anything suitable for use at the 'back door'? I'm intruiged by the possibilities, but just not into pain at all.

Anal beads that vibrate are really good and they get bigger up along the string!!! Great for beginners!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnloXL3g7QMOb_KZDHyrGgsUvYDp5gg9IoTAvxox-9a60t0T0&t=1&usg=__C7mh4T3KvkadnRmEDOWTOmd-Y3w=

Anal beads that vibrate are really good and they get bigger up along the string!!! Great for beginners!!

Oh do they not hurt - have never tried them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

That's an N sized battery! They're used in car keys but also in cameras so MOST camera shops stock them! I bought two of em 2 weeks ago, think it cost me €4 for the two :)

It's for your camera if they ask :P

some clocks also take that size battery

a clock at my parents house had stopped and my father took out the battery, planning to send me down town to get a new one

he looked at it and said "thats a very funny size, i've never seen one like it before" and i very nearly replied "thats the same size as the one for my vibrator" !! :o not a conversation i want to have with my father!

Oh do they not hurt - have never tried them.

Once used gently and with lubrication if you want it, then it is not sore!!! Each to their own remember!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭cheesey1

sam34 wrote: »
    some clocks also take that size battery

a clock at my parents house had stopped and my father took out the battery, planning to send me down town to get a new one

he looked at it and said "thats a very funny size, i've never seen one like it before" and i very nearly replied "thats the same size as the one for my vibrator" !! :o not a conversation i want to have with my father!

Definately not a conversation for the dinner table!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey all!

Looking for some help, GF's been going on about wanting to try a vibrator &/or a love egg (Not together obv :P) for forever now. I want to surprise her with one or two for when shes home but i would'nt have the first idea of what kind to get her or wheres best to get one.

First things first, shes alergic to laytex/rubber... whatever her dildo was made out of, it was'nt too pleasant for her, she literally had to run for the bath & was crying with burning pains:( Shes not alergic to condoms tho so we tend to use them over any others toys since with no probs so far.

In terms of shape/size, what would be the best? Going by her other toys, they all seem to be 6-8" so i think il stick to around that, though i dont think length maters so much as width here? In that case, say 2" maybe? I duno.

Basically, im clueless here.

Girls, help me choose a decent first vibrator, pref in a shop in Dublin thats not too over priced incase she doesnt like it etc... Ballpark sub €30. Same deal for a love egg!

iomegaman wrote: »
    Hey all!

Looking for some help, GF's been going on about wanting to try a vibrator &/or a love egg (Not together obv :P) for forever now. I want to surprise her with one or two for when shes home but i would'nt have the first idea of what kind to get her or wheres best to get one.

First things first, shes alergic to laytex/rubber... whatever her dildo was made out of, it was'nt too pleasant for her, she literally had to run for the bath & was crying with burning pains:( Shes not alergic to condoms tho so we tend to use them over any others toys since with no probs so far.

In terms of shape/size, what would be the best? Going by her other toys, they all seem to be 6-8" so i think il stick to around that, though i dont think length maters so much as width here? In that case, say 2" maybe? I duno.

Basically, im clueless here.

Girls, help me choose a decent first vibrator, pref in a shop in Dublin thats not too over priced incase she doesnt like it etc... Ballpark sub €30. Same deal for a love egg!

Best bet is Anne Summers, non of their toys are laytex and a few are for hypo sensitive people!!! The girl in the one in Dublin is amazing at giving advice - black hair and a total dote!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Hi Ladies.

I learned an awful lot from this thread when buying a few presents for my wife recently. I thought i would return the favor and show you one that seems to proved very popular with a lot of people

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15948

ps: On the love eggs- do many of you find them stupid as they seem to slide out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I ordered stuff off Bondara about 2 weeks ago and it hasnt arrived yet. Did anyone else have this issue with long delivery?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement