Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calls for Graham Linehan to be removed from Prime Debate on transgender issues!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

That would be fairly intense, wouldn't it? But anyway, did you get to think about why you can tell transgender people what they feel, but transgender people can't tell others that they feel they are really the opposite gender

Standing in a garage doesn’t make you a mechanic.

As I said, anyone can feel as they choose but feeling like a woman does not a biological woman make, or vice versa.

As I stated in my first post, I have no issue with trans people who feel they were born in the wrong body. Their bodies are their own to do with as they please. My point it not everyone has to be complicit in their feelings. Whether a trans woman feels like a woman or not she will never actually be one. However I don’t in any way shape or form deny her the right to live as a woman if she so pleases.

BBFAN wrote: »
    I never called anyone any names. Just wondering why a man wouldn't have sex with a woman he found extremely attractive and was having a lovely time with?

Please explain?

Presumably because heterosexual men like to have sex with actual women who have always been women and not with men who believe themselves to be women.

Obviously I can’t speak for heterosexual men but I’d imagine that may be their thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Presumably because heterosexual men like to have sex with actual women who have always been women and not with men who believe themselves to be women.

Obviously I can’t speak for heterosexual men but I’d imagine that may be their thinking.

So you're not a heterosexual man and you're just presuming how they think?

Again, hilarious. :D:D

So you're not a heterosexual man and you're just presuming how they think?

Again, hilarious. :D:D

I’m not a heterosexual man no, are you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Sonic Youth

I never called anyone any names. Just wondering why a man wouldn't have sex with a woman he found extremely attractive and was having a lovely time with?

Please explain?

Are you asking why a man would not sleep with a transsexual?

Well now, as a heterosexual man, do I want to have sex with a real woman with an actual vagina, or have sex with a man with an inverted penis?

Wow what a difficult choice!

• Advertisement

Are you asking why a man would not sleep with a transsexual?

Well now, as a heterosexual man, do I want to have sex with a real woman with an actual vagina, or have sex with a man with an inverted penis?

Wow what a difficult choice!

Okay, so you know nothing about transsexuals so? That's okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    What colour star or triangle do you think it should be obligatory for them to wear?

Oh for godssake

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Please explain?

Most single heterosexual men wouldn't have a problem with the above.
    The post you were referring to was about a transexual though, not a woman, and I would imagine many if not most heterosexual men would balk at that.

I’m not a heterosexual man no, are you?

Nope, I'm a woman and I put no initials or anything else before what I am either.

As is a transsexual woman. She's a woman, what's the difference?

And believe me I know from experience men don't give two fcuks as long as there's a vagina involved.

I defy any man to tell me different.

Gravelly wrote: »
    Most single heterosexual men wouldn't have a problem with the above.
    The post you were referring to was about a transexual though, not a woman, and I would imagine many if not most heterosexual men would balk at that.

Alright, maybe I need simple language for you so, a transsexual woman who has had the operation is a WOMAN so why would any man balk at that?

• Advertisement

And believe me I know from experience men don't give two fcuks as long as there's a vagina involved.

Perhaps it's the type of men you attract?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mazcon

Nope, I'm a woman and I put no initials or anything else before what I am either.

Cool story!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,522 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

As I said, anyone can feel as they choose but feeling like a woman does not a biological woman make, or vice versa.

As I stated in my first post, I have no issue with trans people who feel they were born in the wrong body. Their bodies are their own to do with as they please. My point it not everyone has to be complicit in their feelings. Whether a trans woman feels like a woman or not she will never actually be one. However I don’t in any way shape or form deny her the right to live as a woman if she so pleases.
    Do we really need to be 'complicit' in anyone else's feelings? I'm just not sure why you (and many others) feel the need to hold something back - the old 'not a real woman' or equivalent. Is there some deep discomfort about this that makes you feel obliged to hold something back, or try to make someone else feel just a little bit bad?

Alright, maybe I need simple language for you so, a transsexual woman who has had the operation is a WOMAN so why would any man balk at that?

No she isn't. She's a man that's had an operation to look like a woman.

I could paint myself blue, but I still wouldn't be a smurf.

Perhaps it's the type of men you attract?

Is that the most intelligent answer you can come with Gravelly?

Really? :rolleyes:

An inverted penis is not a vagina. Are you really struggling to understand why a straight man would not want to have sex with a transsexual man?

You put no initials before what you are? What? Not entirely certain what that means tbh.

A transsexual woman is not a biological woman. She was born male and every chromosome in her body is still male.

Well we’ll all stand corrected if in your experience you find your opinion be be correct.

I’ll defer to the heterosexual men on this thread to rise to the challenge to defy you.

Okay, so now we know your point of view. You don't believe transsexuals exist.

That's your point of view. But you are wrong. Scientifically proven.

That's okay. You're allowed be wrong.

Because he's a man who's had surgery to take on the crude appearance of a woman.

Is that the most intelligent answer you can come with Gravelly?

Really? :rolleyes:

It's positively Shakespearean compared to the drivel you're posting in fairness.

• Advertisement

You put no initials before what you are? What? Not entirely certain what that means tbh.

A transsexual woman is not a biological woman. She was born male and every chromosome in her body is still male.

Well we’ll all stand corrected if in your experience you find your opinion be be correct.

I’ll defer to the heterosexual men on this thread to rise to the challenge to defy you.

See my post above. Refers to you also.

Because he's a man who's had surgery to take on the crude appearance of a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

:pac:

End the thread now.

Gravelly wins.

Well played Sir,well played

Do we really need to be 'complicit' in anyone else's feelings? I'm just not sure why you (and many others) feel the need to hold something back - the old 'not a real woman' or equivalent. Is there some deep discomfort about this that makes you feel obliged to hold something back, or try to make someone else feel just a little bit bad?

No Andrew, there are no phobic skeletons in my closet. I just like Science and fact.

Okay, so now we know your point of view. You don't believe transsexuals exist.

That's your point of view. But you are wrong. Scientifically proven.

That's okay. You're allowed be wrong.

Where did you get the idea that I don't believe transsexuals exist? They're not ghosts :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mazcon

Where did you get the idea that I don't believe transsexuals exist? They're not ghosts :rolleyes:

We know they exist...they never stop telling us they do!

Are legit thick, trolling or genuinely cannot see why a straight man would refuse sex with another man?

Straight women don't want sex with lesbians either.

Which one? Am I expected to wade through the nonsense?

All of the above posts believe that transsexual people do not exist.

Science states that they do.

But yet we're supposed to agree and like their posts because transsexual people piss us off?

What the fcuk like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,522 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

No Andrew, there are no phobic skeletons in my closet. I just like Science and fact.
    No, I really wasn't suggesting phobic. But there does seem to be some need to hold something back. Not some a liking of science and fact, but a liking of telling people that I'm not entirely happy with what they're doing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement