Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calls for Graham Linehan to be removed from Prime Debate on transgender issues!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Which one? Am I expected to wade through the nonsense?

It's not that far back hun, if you cant' be bothered reading the thread that says it all.

You just want to post your **** and not read anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mazcon

Are legit thick, trolling or genuinely cannot see why a straight man would refuse sex with another man?

Straight women don't want sex with lesbians either.

Or men with fannies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

No, I really wasn't suggesting phobic. But there does seem to be some need to hold something back. Not some a liking of science and fact, but a liking of telling people that I'm not entirely happy with what they're doing.

I can’t believe we may have some common ground here Andrew, it’s almost too new for me ;)

Seriously all cycling jokes aside I genuinely don’t have any issue with how adults conduct themselves, that is absolutely none of my business and not on my patch so not my problem.

Where I disagree with some here is in the absolute acceptance that a trans person male/female is as completely male/female as their “born” male/female counterparts. It’s not a holding back, or a denial of anyone’s right to live as whatever gender they please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Sonic Youth

BBFAN wrote: »
    It's not that far back hun, if you cant' be bothered reading the thread that says it all.

Why is it so triggering for you to learn that straight men don't want sex with other men? This is pretty stuff we're talking about here.

Do people actually realise that suggesting transsexual people don't exist is like suggesting gay people don't exist?

Are you comfortable with that statement? Or maybe you are?

• Advertisement

Why is it so triggering for you to learn that straight men don't want sex with other men? This is pretty stuff we're talking about here.

Because they're not other men?

What's difficult to understand for you?

Are you naturally that articulate or did you require special training to elucidate your opinion so eloquently?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Do people actually realise that suggesting transsexual people don't exist is like suggesting gay people don't exist?

Since you've now repeated it numerous times, could you show us where someone on this thread has actually claimed that transsexuals don't exist?

Because they're not other men?

What's difficult to understand for you?

But they are men. Crude surgery does not change what you are.

Anyway, it's my body, MY choice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

People are allowed to not want to have sex with someone who is transgender. There are plenty of gay people who do not want to sleep with bisexuals, and that's allowed too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

And believe me I know from experience men don't give two fcuks as long as there's a vagina involved.

I defy any man to tell me different.

Even if the surgeon somehow managed to cobble together a world-class vadge, you still have the butchered chest, Adam's apple, man shoulders, man forearms, man jawline, deeper voice etc to contend with. At best you're talking about a rough simulation of a woman's body.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

lol the left is literally eating itself
    us right wingers can relax and take over every government in europe, and the usa, and brazil

Define Left and Right and show me evidence that one is a united front while the other is fragmented and eating itself.
    Spend a little time doing this and ask yourself if the whole Left vs. Right divide isn't just dumbing things down to a point where they no longer reflect reality.

mazcon wrote: »
    Or men with fannies
    Gravelly wrote: »
    Since you've now repeated it numerous times, could you show us where someone on this thread has actually claimed that transsexuals don't exist?

There you go Gravelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Where has anyone said that trans people don't exist? Not wanting to have sex with a person who has transitioned is not the same as denying their very existence. Guilting people into sex is not a good look, everyone has a right to say no without being accused of being phobic or a bigot.

sabat wrote: »
    Even if the surgeon somehow managed to cobble together a world-class vadge, you still have the butchered chest, Adam's apple, man shoulders, man forearms, man jawline, deeper voice etc to contend with. At best you're talking about a rough simulation of a woman's body.

Bless, you obviously have no experience.

mazcon wrote: »
    Or men with fannies
    ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Where has anyone said that trans people don't exist? Not wanting to have sex with a person who has transitioned is not the same as denying their very existence. Guilting people into sex is not a good look, everyone has a right to say no without being accused of being phobic or a bigot.

Here you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

No it isn't, transgender I think you are referring to also you need an operation to become a transexual btw.

There you go Gravelly.

Read my question again:
    could you show us where someone on this thread has actually claimed that transsexuals don't exist?

The poster above is denying that transexual men who get operations to become women are the same as women who were born as women (as several posters including myself have contended) - they are not denying that transsexuals exist.

Now, answer the question please.

No it isn't, transgender I think you are referring to also you need an operation to become a transexual btw.

No, I know that. You're wrong.

Read my question again:

The poster above is denying that transexual men who get operations to become women are the same as women who were born as women (as several posters including myself have contended) - they are not denying that transsexuals exist.

Now, answer the question please.

A transsexual who has had the operation is a woman, suggesting that they're not suggests that they don't exist.

Very simple.

• Advertisement

No, I know that. You're wrong.

Time to put the bottle down and go to bed.

Time to put the bottle down and go to bed.

Not going to bait me son.

A transsexual who has had the operation is a woman, suggesting that they're not suggests that they don't exist.

Very simple.

That is utter idiocy, and patently untrue, as I'm sure you know.

If I say that a man in a bear suit isn't a bear, it's not denying that bears exist.

You told a lie, got called on it, and can't back it up. Do the decent thing and admit it.

That is utter idiocy, and patently untrue, as I'm sure you know.

If I say that a man in a bear suit isn't a bear, it's not denying that bears exist.

You told a lie, got called on it, and can't back it up. Do the decent thing and admit it.

So you're comparing a person who has had life changing surgery to someone who sticks on a bear suit?

What????????????

I told no lie.

So you're comparing a person who has had life changing surgery to someone who sticks on a bear suit?

What????????????

I told no lie.

You did. You've been asked several times to present posts to back up your claim, and you can't, ergo, you lied.

*EDIT* I see you are being called out on lies on the Margaret Cash thread right now too. Time for bed methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

They are transsexual women who also have floods of estrogen flowing through their bodies like the born females. And all that entails in its consequences.

Funny how you and other posters have not mentioned once about transsexual men, known as trans-men, Typical misogyny.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

BBFAN wrote:

BBFAN wrote:
    Very simple.

A man who has 'the operation' is a man without a penis and with breasts through the use of medication. That's it. No more no less.

klaaaz wrote: »
    They are transsexual women who also have floods of estrogen flowing through their bodies like the born females. And all that entails in its consequences.

Funny how you and other posters have not mentioned once about transsexual men, known as trans-men, Typical misogyny.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Here you go.

That does not say that trans people don't exist? acknowledging that there are biological differences between cis and trans women and that some people aren't into that is ok. Plenty of people are

• Advertisement

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    That does not say that trans people don't exist? acknowledging that there are biological differences between cis and trans women and that some people aren't into that is ok. Plenty of people are

Exactly.

I wouldn’t have any interest in a sexual relationship with a trans man. None, whatsoever. I’m sure there are many women who would and that’s grand, for them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement