Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Had enough of this lockdown am I the only person feeling like this?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

lol

Enjoy the dole, it'll give you plenty more time to go on the internet to contradict your betters with your stupid ill-informed ****.

Ballso wrote: »
    Nobody gives a **** about your braindead waffle lads. People with actual skills and qualifications in the area are running the show, your pub-bore level input is not required. Just shut the the **** up.

Is anyone forcing you to read this thread? Also people are right to question the so called experts while they are making life and society changing decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Enjoy the dole, it'll give you plenty more time to go on the internet to contradict your betters with your stupid ill-informed ****.
    i like this guy

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

Is anyone forcing you to read this thread? Also people are right to question the so called experts while they are making life and society changing decisions.

Another one. "So-called experts", says Tracy, 26, who works on a checkout part time but has a new hobby contradicting the advice of epidemiologists and economists on the internet in her spare time.

Brain dead *****. Dunning Kruger in full effect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Nobody gives a **** about your braindead waffle lads. People with actual skills and qualifications in the area are running the show, your pub-bore level input is not required. Just shut the the **** up.

"Remember this is coronavirus Covid-19 - that means there have been 18 other coronaviruses and I don’t think they have actually successfully found a vaccine for any,”

Simon Harris 22/4/2020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

As someone who is expecting to get some very unpleasant news regarding the future of my job within the next 2 weeks, having worked in various forms since i was 14, i can safely say that i,ve had enough and that i increasingly suspect that we waaaay overcooked these restrictions.

Sorry to hear about your job worries and hope it doesn't pan out that way.

But its very easy at this juncture to claim we way overdid it.
    The death toll was controlled (relatively speaking) due the very restrictions a lot of people are knocking.
    The alternative Italian-type situation where the virus could "run wild" in the early weeks, could have been disastrous.

I sympathise with your predicament.

As someone who was made redundant in our last big recession (actually in the same week that the IMF landed in this country), I also know from experience the most depressing unemployment scenario can be turned around in time with perseverance and proper government job strategies.

Jobs can be replaced. Sadly human life cannot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Politicians? Whats this qualification you speak of?

yep i understand all that. it's no more than an impression I have and we cannot know what might have been but we can leave that to the historians of the future. time will tell if the medicine was worse than the disease.

Another one. "So-called experts", says Tracy, 26, who works on a checkout part time but has a new hobby contradicting the advice of epidemiologists and economists on the internet in her spare time.

So we should just ignore the effects the lockdown is having on everyday working people? These expert's are not god's they can and do make mistakes.

Will you give me an apology in a years time when the data eventually comes back to confirm my suspicion that the model the government uses is wrong and overstated the death rate of this virus?

Anyway enjoy the upcoming recession and all the cutbacks to health and other public services.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Sounds ****e.

Better than what you're at I'd say....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It's a shi77er, expect to be down 30% in income this year and probably next or more, will survive but we'll have several austere and hard years ahead.

Sick of it but not going to make it worse for short term nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

time will tell if the medicine was worse than the disease.

So easily said when you're not the one burying your family members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Like Simon?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

How many more should we have let die to protect your income?

Lazy lazy reply. Lets never leave our houses again. Thank **** nobody ever died before this corona virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

degsie wrote: »
    So, did the op go for the auld spin?

Still waiting to hear how he got on...... Could be that some terrible fate befell him ......

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Got a link to your in-depth study of peoples normal vs pandemic activities?? Must be a fascinating read.

Ah boards. No wonder it's in the gutter.

AulWan wrote: »
    true. but i'm not wholly convinced it is that simple with no shades of grey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

As someone who is expecting to get some very unpleasant news regarding the future of my job within the next 2 weeks, having worked in various forms since i was 14, i can safely say that i,ve had enough and that i increasingly suspect that we waaaay overcooked these restrictions.

I'm sorry to read of your news about your work.

This virus is going to mess with all of our lives, it's not just your job.

The lockdown was not overcooked. The lockdown was to slow the spread of the virus, so the health service doesn't collapse and for the medical and science professionals to catch up with this virus. It's a novel coronavirus. This is our generation of polio or whatever other disease you would like to pick out from the past. Also no one knows the long term implications of this virus will be on people. Like will survivors be looking at organ transplants in 5/10 years time. This disease has to be slowed down.

So far, the medical and science professionals have learned that this virus will effect older people and people with underlying conditions. If the virus was allowed to go rampant through society, already this would be a lot of people wiped out. Perhaps seeing entire families wiped out. Or young children being left parentless. How do we deal with something like that?To see death from different circles - family, friends, colleagues, neighbours?

We also see the medical and science professionals trailing drugs for the treatment of this disease. We also see the professionals working on vaccines.

The lockdown bought us time for so much:
    To minimise as much people from catching the virus
    For the science and medical professionals to catch up with the novel virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

The OP is probably at bursting point like a lot of us. Hopefully the extra 3k is a help.

It's tough but worth it in the end.

Well only know in 5 or 6 years after France announced today they have had cases since December what the real death rate is whether is 0.37 percent like a recent German study or lower or higher so for now its best to just grin and bear it.

Staying in for a bit more is a better option then letting this virus rip and our crap health service fall apart

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

Do not post in this thread again.

• Advertisement

owlbethere wrote: »

The lockdown was not overcooked. The lockdown was to slow the spread of the virus, so the health service doesn't collapse and for the medical and science professionals to catch up with this virus. It's a novel coronavirus. This is our generation of polio or whatever other disease you would like to pick out from the past. Also no one knows the long term implications of this virus will be on people. Like will survivors be looking at organ transplants in 5/10 years time. This disease has to be slowed down.

So far, the medical and science professionals have learned that this virus will effect older people and people with underlying conditions. If the virus was allowed to go rampant through society, already this would be a lot of people wiped out. Perhaps seeing entire families wiped out. Or young children being left parentless. How do we deal with something like that?To see death from different circles - family, friends, colleagues, neighbours?

We also see the medical and science professionals trailing drugs for the treatment of this disease. We also see the professionals working on vaccines.

yes i'm very familiar with the narrative. and i continue to obeyed the restrictions but i reserve the right to query authority. my job is neither here nor there but i am one of many.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

AulWan wrote: »

Sorry for your loss and all that, but I for one, don't think your unique perspective is decisive in any of this.

Actually, I think what you're doing here is bad form.

I wouldn't be posting here at all this evening if I'd
    just lost a second precious member of my family to Covid-19 this morning.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113352124&postcount=468

But sure, we're all different I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

It's risen enough to kill two family members of a poster a couple of posts before yours.

Nobody is asking you ****ing autists to think, just do what you're told.

If you cant answer the question, you can just say so, rather than throwing insults and anecdotes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

We don’t have any epidemiologists on NPHET or in government.

And I doubt any credible economist would agree with the current government plan either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

I'm enjoying the lockdown

There, I said it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

There, I said it

I read Terry Prone is aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

There, I said it

Wouldn't say I'm enjoying it but yeah I've definitely become a lot more relaxed of recent and am sleeping like a log. I've never felt more relaxed actually.

Actually no I am enjoying it 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

owlbethere wrote: »

We could have directed all our attention and resources towards both cocon ing the elderly and providing them with the necessary health response

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

I enjoy not going to the shop as often
    Planning our meals for the week.
    Cooking new recipes and baking

Not actually watching much t.v.
    Reading a lot in evenings
    Plenty of jobs in the garden and painting house etc

Advertisement