Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Had enough of this lockdown am I the only person feeling like this?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Breezin

Just back form my local town, very busy . Even saw trucks heading into the local Mart.
    Seems people are deciding themselves that destroying the future of the country is not a good idea.
    Wonder will Professor Nolan explain his tweet from yesterday at today's conference.

I had to look that up. For those off the pace like me...

One can argue that social distancing alone would have been enough to suppress the spread of COVID-19 in Ireland; but in w/b 20 March, the number of people in ICU was doubling every 3.5 days, and 4214 new cases were detected. It was no time for half measures, or experiments.

So, a roundabout and rather cute hoor way of saying we don't need a lockdown. Not that the lockdown itself wasn't a very costly experiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Breezin

Oh, and the car park near my house, empty for weeks, is now full again. Back to business as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Comments from Paschal and Regina should start concentrating a few minds.

https://www.facebook.com/45441411157/posts/10157408826511158/

• Registered Users Posts: 37,854 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I had people on this thread say they wanted be to be in a fatal crash for going out for a drive on my on and a walk on my on now that is extreme.

I was fully in support of the lockdown at the start we need to get the country moving again.

Keeping vulnerable people safe would seem like the sensible thing now with over 50% of the deaths in care homes.

Sick people got discharged into care homes by the HSE this is a fact.

Sporting events big shopping malls should be avoided for now but the 85,000 deaths warning looks beyond silly now.

Old and vulnerable people have other health conditions and these have been neglected during this lockdown.

How many cancer deaths are we going to have because of all of this?
    How many chronic conditions have been neglected during this time?
    I'd be happy with things starting to unlock if we did things right in the first place like quarantine for anybody coming into the country, a law that you must wear a facemask in urban areas, shops etc. and then social distancing which most of us are abiding to.
    Thing is that it's too early to tell if this thing is going to go away.
    Spain have offered themselves up as the guinea pigs for a second wave and we'll start to see the results of that in about 10 days time.
    We shouldn't be making any plans until we see what happens in Spain.

Our government have shown themselves to be lacking from the very outset of this thing. They should have told people they were not going to Cheltenham or on holidays to Italy or Spain They should have immediately imposed a quarantine on anybody entering the country and not this shoddy, we trust you will self-isolate approach.
    We still need to quarantine anybody coming in here before we can start to get back on the street. I think the person should have to pay for that quarantine. It'd be another layer of deterrent against people coming in here which would be good.
    Our government have never taken on board the successful plans from other countries such as New Zealand, Australia or the Czech Republic. You might say that Australia and New Zealand are far more remote so it's not comparable but their plans can be looked at to improve our own which has not happened.

Anybody wanting out now and thinking it's the right move either hasn't a clue or is just acting like a spoiled child or maybe just put money above people's lives.
    We need to take our time. We all want things back to normal but not at the expense of thousands of lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,333 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

seems like the kettle calling the pot black

How so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,333 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

The irony.

Irony? Where’s the irony?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Comments from Paschal and Regina should start concentrating a few minds.

https://www.facebook.com/45441411157/posts/10157408826511158/

beautiful not only do they shut down peoples job but not they are actually hellbent on making them destitute too

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Irony? Where’s the irony?

Moaning about someone else moaning. That's ironic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

YATCT (Yet Another Toxic Covid Thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

degsie wrote: »
    YATCT (Yet Another Toxic Covid Thread)

Its grand sure, the intellectual giants on here have it sorted - we're going to ignore the HSE & the WHO and instead follow the advice of random internet gob****es who are not important enough to stay employed, but somehow are better placed to tell us all what we should be doing.

• Advertisement

Ballso wrote: »
    Its grand sure, the intellectual giants on here have it sorted - we're going to ignore the HSE & the WHO and instead follow the advice of random internet gob****es who are not important enough to stay employed, but somehow are better placed to tell us all what we should be doing.

Didn't you get banned from another thread for similar language yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

you're not the messiah, you're a very naughty boy

you're not the messiah, you're a very naughty boy

That doesn't even make sense Dr. Circus, you must be having an off day. Should you not be looking for a job? Although businesses are likely crying out for someone with your level of expertise in hugely complex unprecedented global pandemics, so you'll be grand when you're let go from driving the van or whatever it is you do

• Registered Users Posts: 4 u_wot_m8

That doesn't even make sense Dr. Circus, you must be having an off day. Should you not be looking for a job? Although businesses are likely crying out for someone with your level of expertise in hugely complex unprecedented global pandemics, so you'll be grand when you're let go from driving the van or whatever it is you do

Because all those people who had jobs before this are suddenly non-essential because the government said so? and it's their fault they're suddenly unemployed?

I hope you're a troll and not really this vile and ignorant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I'm important enough to still be employed. :rolleyes:

u_wot_m8 wrote: »
    Because all those people who had jobs before this are suddenly non-essential because the government said so? and it's their fault they're suddenly unemployed?

I hope you're a troll and not really this vile and ignorant.

Vile and ignorant is it? These lads ignored a poster who said two members of his family had just died so they could treat us to more of their Gemma O'Doherty style bull****.

"Non-essential" is exactly right In describing these people, and not just in relation to this pandemic. Every moron thinks we need to hear their ignorant drivel on the internet daily now, these clowns lack even the self awareness that they don't have the expertise to have any valid input here. It's pathetic.

Vile and ignorant is it? These lads ignored a poster who said two members of his family had just died so they could treat us to more of their Gemma O'Doherty style bull****.

"Non-essential" is exactly right In describing these people, and not just in relation to this pandemic. Every moron thinks we need to hear their ignorant drivel on the internet daily now, these clowns lack even the self awareness that they don't have the expertise to have any valid input here. It's pathetic.

Don't know about you but if I lost a valuable member of my family as the woman (she's not a he) claimed I wouldn't be on Boards a few hours after their death using the situation as a stick to beat another poster with. That's just me though, I think death deserves more respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭brendanL

...and so sitting in sandyford in beacon south quarter on my phone talking a call in the sun and what do I see arriving to an apartment door but a mobile masseuse table and all. She buzzed the apartment and was let up.

Honestly at this point.. **** these people, if this place is an indicator of the disobedience in the last few days then it's gonna last ages thanks to a few asshats -_-

When I got back in, nice article on rte about black market hair cuts... honestly people????

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭cravings

brendanL wrote: »
    ...and so sitting in sandyford in beacon south quarter on my phone talking a call in the sun and what do I see arriving to an apartment door but a mobile masseuse table and all. She buzzed the apartment and was let up.

Honestly at this point.. **** these people, if this place is an indicator of the disobedience in the last few days then it's gonna last ages thanks to a few asshats -_-

When I got back in, nice article on rte about black market hair cuts... honestly people????

It could be essential physio for someone.. just saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

_112160662_telegraph.jpg

This is the same nut who said up to 250,000 might die in the UK.

There are 332 under 45s dead in the UK.

• Advertisement

The whole lockdown is a farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,220 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The whole thing is a farce.
    His affair?
    Or the lockdown?

He's punching above his weight.

The whole thing is a farce.

Yes it does indeed look like we have all been had.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

There are 332 under 45s dead in the UK.
    Are over 45s not people?

Don't know about you but if I lost a valuable member of my family as the woman (she's not a he) claimed I wouldn't be on Boards a few hours after their death using the situation as a stick to beat another poster with. That's just me though, I think death deserves more respect.

That same poster is posting on another thread today, same argumentative and hostile tone. I agree, if I had lost a close family member yesterday Boards.ie would be the last place I would be visiting. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Glenomra

Why aren't the small businesses all on lockdown screaming while the multiples prosper.

NIMAN wrote: »
    His affair?
    Or the lockdown?
    should've been clearer, the lockdown.

cdeb wrote: »
    Are over 45s not people?

The vulnerable should be protected however here in Ireland the HSE discharged Covid cases into care homes over half the deaths are in care homes.

Healthy people who are not sick should not be locked down this is crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭Onesea

Get the punt back quick smart

• Advertisement

Glenomra wrote: »
    Why aren't the small businesses all on lockdown screaming while the multiples prosper.

Small business out of business this is a scandal.

Advertisement