Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Had enough of this lockdown am I the only person feeling like this?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭Onesea

Go check out virgin media, they are having a grand time yapping about Walter's a Gemma in court.. Two nut jobs questioning the legality of forcing a lock down.. And the plebs complain about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

cdeb wrote: »
    Are over 45s not people?

By the way emotion not brainpower.

The HSE put covid cases into the care homes and everybody else is meant to be on lockdown?

Use your brain not your emotion and that goes for those who thanked that post.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,258 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Jaysus. He’s off again...

:rolleyes:

endacl wrote: »
    Jaysus. He’s off again...

:rolleyes:

Look at the headline this is the so called experts who recommended this nonsense.

By the way he hubby had suspected covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

The HSE put covid cases into the care homes and everybody else is meant to be on lockdown?

On purpose?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

But I'm thriving under the consistent routine

petes wrote: »
    On purpose?

How do you do it by accident?:rolleyes:

By the way.
    She made a second trip on April 8 despite telling friends she suspected her husband - an academic in his thirties - had coronavirus symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

By the way emotion not brainpower.

Use your brain not your emotion and that goes for those who thanked that post.

Thanks. I thanked the post after this prompt.

That "news" report was put out the same day as the UK developed the greatest number of deaths in Europe, which is a little more than suspicious. Its completely unrelated to the merits or not of lockdown (and we never had one btw).

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Lots of sofa surgeons on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Tory press deflecting that Boris and Co made an absolute balls of dealing with it and that 100,000s will die from it. He’s just one person that’s not adhering to social distancing, go to any park in the U.K. and you’ll see large groups of gummy mouthed Brexiteers together drinking cans. His advice heeded by the majority has probably saved 10000s of lives already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,347 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ah I knew the OP wouldn't dissapoint again.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Look at the headline this is the so called experts who recommended this nonsense.

Just because some lad was dying for a ride doesn't mean we are now immune to covid.

Some doctors smoke, they shouldn't but that doesn't mean we should all go out and buy 20.

I think your caught up in the far right nonsense that is playing this as because we acted and people didn't die we didn't need to act.

Thanks. I thanked the post after this prompt.

That "news" report was put out the same day as the UK developed the greatest number of deaths in Europe, which is a little more than suspicious. Its completely unrelated to the merits or not of lockdown (and we never had one btw).

So you are operating on emotion you don't like the way I post.

Facts mean nothing to you the man who was advising the British Government on the lockdown had is stupid fancy bit over twice and her husband had covid symptoms.

His predictions were off the wall.

Sane societies isolated the vulnerable and the sick not the backbone of the economy.

This deserves a new thread because this is massive news.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,347 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Facts mean nothing to you the man who was advising the British Government on the lockdown had is stupid fancy bit over twice and her husband had covid symptoms.

Sane societies isolated the vulnerable and the sick not the backbone of the economy.

That he had an affair is deserving of its own thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,792 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Why does him recomending it in the UK and having an affair mean Ireland should end its restrictions? Some strange jumps your managing to make.

Just because some lad was dying for a ride doesn't mean we are now immune to covid.

Some doctors smoke, they shouldn't but that doesn't mean we should all go out and buy 20.

I think your caught up in the far right nonsense that is playing this as because we acted and people didn't die we didn't need to act.

Far right?:confused::confused:

His predictions are crazy and he let a women visit him twice for a sex so this old tramp could cheat on her husband who had covid symptoms.

Why would anybody continue to follow his advice.

And again far right?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

I'm important enough to still be employed. :rolleyes:

I'd heard Supermacs had reopened alright

• Registered Users Posts: 10 vibege

So because the guy that recommended lockdown went against his own advice, no one should be in lockdown? That doesn't make sense to me.

Since the UK has been in lockdown, the number of cases has reduces dramatically. Countries that went into lockdown early are doing better than those that didn't. Yes, it's frustrating that young people can't go out to work or go down the pub, but I also don't want to spread it to my father who's immunocompromised from the steroids for his arthritis, or my granny with diabetes and asthma.

Anyone who thinks that the lockdown was a bad idea needs to look at the astronomical death rate in the US, and how much worse it's going to get there now that states are re-opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Do they? So which societies are those? Perhaps the Socciety for moaners and groaners or the Society for the perpetually outraged?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

"Up to 250k might die"

He's technically not wrong, is he?

You sound like a right selfish numpty tbh, with a childlike inability to work out the impact your actions could have on others

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »
    Do they? So which societies are those? Perhaps the Socciety for moaners and groaners or the Society for the perpetually outraged?

You want to see outrage?

Just wait until this covid payment runs dry and many of these people have no jobs to return to.

That is when you will see real outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Now the gardai want to put an end to the specials in Aldi and Lidl under the pretence of crowd control.More like their lazy good for nothing approach to the overweight,incompetent members scrounging of us.Hey protect pension at all costs.Failing that sue the commissioner,

Now the gardai want to put an end to the specials in Aldi and Lidl under the pretence of crowd control.More like their lazy good for nothing approach to the overweight,incompetent members scrounging of us.Hey protect pension at all costs.Failing that sue the commissioner,

Is this true?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,770 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 17,792 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Is this true?

No ffs, there were out of control queues the other week for slides and stuff so Lidl did the responsible thing and removed just 3 items from this weeks specials that they felt might cause the same issues.

Ive seen no evidence of gardai pressure as claimed.

VinLieger wrote: »
    No ffs, there were out of control queues the other week for slides and stuff so Lidl did the responsible thing and removed just 3 items from this weeks specials that they felt might cause the same issues.

Im seen no evidence of gardai pressure as claimed.

Ok:D

Specials I was not thinking slides I was thinking more two packs of ham for the price of one.:p

gozunda wrote: »

In the BIBLE I forget the city but people had to stay on a little island for two weeks before they got to enter the port.

I know the BIBLE is offensive to many these days.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

vibege wrote: »
    So because the guy that recommended lockdown went against his own advice, no one should be in lockdown? That doesn't make sense to me.

Since the UK has been in lockdown, the number of cases has reduces dramatically. Countries that went into lockdown early are doing better than those that didn't. Yes, it's frustrating that young people can't go out to work or go down the pub, but I also don't want to spread it to my father who's immunocompromised from the steroids for his arthritis, or my granny with diabetes and asthma.

Anyone who thinks that the lockdown was a bad idea needs to look at the astronomical death rate in the US, and how much worse it's going to get there now that states are re-opening.

Irish death rate is worse than the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

Nasty low class post says a lot about the poster.

Another mouthbreather along to give us his outraged take, do you not have a protest with your pals Gemma and John today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

vibege wrote: »

The OP seems to think that the "young and healthy" live in a bubble where it is impossible for them to come into contact with people who are vulnerable. Like your granny, I too have asthma and diabetes, and the last thing I need is a load of people running around not giving a sh*t how far and wide they spread the virus. Until transmission rates are negligible, everyone, whether they're clearly suffering from Covid-19 or are asymptomatic, needs to be treated as a potential carrier. And the only way to ensure that as few people become actual carriers is to continue the lockdown. The very obvious fact that those calling for restrictions to be lifted seem to be unable to grasp is that the more people that adhere to the restrictions now, the quicker the lockdown can be lifted. But if you keep insisting on flouting the rules then transmission rates are obviously going to remain higher than they need to be.

Advertisement