Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Had enough of this lockdown am I the only person feeling like this?

  • 30-04-2020 8:37pm
    #1
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭ CinemaGuy45


    People from the North free to move all over Ireland.
    Scab slave labour being flown in on flights.

    Travellers totally free to do what they want when they want where they want.

    I am working long hours which are deemed essential.

    I am going to get out for a decent drive this weekend and head for a beauty spot and get out for a walk and enjoy the sun.

    Before you shut me down mods can you answer what harm I will be doing?

    This is a discussion forum we are not living in China or North Korea.


«13456728

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭ Happyilylost


    Oooh a "how many ways can I ask the same question a different way" thread.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭ Jim_Hodge


    You're right. We all should do as you propose. To heck with the risk of spreading this virus. Each of us should do our own thing because a minority to date have made a mockery of the restrictions.

    You're such a hard rebel. Nobody is going to tell you what to do or make you do any thing you don't want to do (like take a vaccination to put a stop to the virus). What were you lauding the other day? --- independent free individuals?


    Cop on, knuckle down and do something constructive like stay at home. It's not that difficult.


  • Registered Users Posts: 38,249 ✭✭✭✭ Guy:Incognito


    Before you shut me down mods can you answer what harm I will be doing?
    .

    The issue is and never was 1 person going and doing anything, its when, without restrictions, hundreds of people all do that thing.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭ CinemaGuy45


    Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    You're right. We all should do as you propose. To heck with the risk of spreading this virus. Each of us should do our own thing because a minority to date have made a mockery of the restrictions.

    You're such a hard rebel. Nobody is going to tell you what to do or make you do any thing you don't want to do (like take a vaccination to put a stop to the virus). What were you lauding the other day? --- independent free individuals?


    Cop on, knuckle down and do something constructive like stay at home. It's not that difficult.

    Stay at home my job is deemed essential I am working with more than 100 people all day for up to 10 hours since this thing has started.

    I have obeyed everything since the start.

    We find out that untouchable elements in our society are totally free to do as they like.

    Yet me taking one non related to work drive on my own to get a bit of sun is a really bad thing?

    We are not living in North Korea we are free to question those in power.

    I again ask what harm will I be doing?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ ShineOn7


    I was going to go into a longer reply, but it can be summed up much easier with:



    Grow the fúck up





    d995ag35xpr41.jpg


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ ChikiChiki


    Answer: You're not the only one feeling like this. Most of us are fed up.

    But so what, suck it up. The alternative is worse so its a sacrifice worth making.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 jonnny68


    People from the North free to move all over Ireland.
    Scab slave labour being flown in on flights.

    Travellers totally free to do what they want when they want where they want.

    I am working long hours which are deemed essential.

    I am going to get out for a decent drive this weekend and head for a beauty spot and get out for a walk and enjoy the sun.

    Before you shut me down mods can you answer what harm I will be doing?

    This is a discussion forum we are not living in China or North Korea.

    well said i think you'll find the vast majority would totally agree with you, only the lockdown prophets of doom on here wont, people have had enough and are at breaking point with the utter failings of the shambles of a government.

    I certainly will not be adhering to any more restrictions, not a chance.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭ CinemaGuy45


    ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Answer: You're not the only one feeling like this. Most of us are fed up.

    But so what, suck it up. The alternative is worse so its a sacrifice worth making.

    Thank you for an honest reply those drones with their government approved mantra just annoy me.

    Being told to comply while others are not asked or expected to makes it a difficult pill to swallow.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭ CinemaGuy45


    ShineOn7 wrote: »
    I was going to go into a longer reply, but it can be summed up much easier with:



    Grow the fúck up





    d995ag35xpr41.jpg

    You have no idea how true that is.;)


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭ Jim_Hodge


    Stay at home my job is deemed essential I am working with more than 100 people all day for up to 10 hours since this thing has started.

    I have obeyed everything since the start.

    We find out that untouchable elements in our society are totally free to do as they like.

    Yet me taking one non related to work drive on my own to get a bit of sun is a really bad thing?

    We are not living in North Korea we are free to question those in power.

    I again ask what harm will I be doing?

    You're just not getting it. Great you're working and I hope distance measures are in place and every precaution is being taken.
    As for obeying the rules: most of us have. What do you want? A medal? Your anger at the action of others, while repeated constantly, is understandable but they are a small minority. If you can drive to somewhere for a bit of sun why can't I and all my family, neighbours and friends? You're missing the whole point.

    No, this is not North Korea, not even close, and we haven't been locked down either. Go for a walk and enjoy some sunshine but stick within the 2km.

    You know rightly what harm could be done if we all followed your example. Either man up or quit trying to play the hard man.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭ smelly sock


    People from the North free to move all over Ireland.
    Scab slave labour being flown in on flights.

    Travellers totally free to do what they want when they want where they want.

    I am working long hours which are deemed essential.

    I am going to get out for a decent drive this weekend and head for a beauty spot and get out for a walk and enjoy the sun.

    Before you shut me down mods can you answer what harm I will be doing?

    This is a discussion forum we are not living in China or North Korea.

    Dont be acting the bolix.

    Do as you are told.

    I have a letter for my son from HSE which enables us to drive around unrestricted. Please be concious of the fact that there are people with legitimate issues other than boredom at home. Out health shouldnt be put at risk for your emtertainment.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭ GazzaL


    People from the North free to move all over Ireland.
    Scab slave labour being flown in on flights.

    Travellers totally free to do what they want when they want where they want.

    I am working long hours which are deemed essential.

    I am going to get out for a decent drive this weekend and head for a beauty spot and get out for a walk and enjoy the sun.

    Before you shut me down mods can you answer what harm I will be doing?

    This is a discussion forum we are not living in China or North Korea.

    The majority of people have had enough. It's not in most humans' nature to live under these type of restrictions, not being able to see family and friends or earn a proper living. The numbers don't lie, hospital admissions and ICU numbers are consistently decreasing, R0 has been at 0.5 for a few weeks, people will ease restrictions themselves if the Government won't do it. Lots of people are already easing up.

    Hopefully the weather will be good for you.


  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭ AndyBoBandy


    I again ask what harm will I be doing?

    None, but what if you're involved in a car accident? and emergency services need to assist/rescue you? And then you need hospital treatment? That'll be 1 less bed for a patient with Covid-19.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 jonnny68


    Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    You're right. We all should do as you propose. To heck with the risk of spreading this virus. Each of us should do our own thing because a minority to date have made a mockery of the restrictions.

    You're such a hard rebel. Nobody is going to tell you what to do or make you do any thing you don't want to do (like take a vaccination to put a stop to the virus). What were you lauding the other day? --- independent free individuals?


    Cop on, knuckle down and do something constructive like stay at home. It's not that difficult.

    who are you to say staying at home is "not that difficult" tell that to the many people going through mental health torture real torture as in suicidal thoughts, , tell that to the elderly who cant leave their own home and are alone isolated some of whom have no families or no one to talk to, tell that to people living in tower blocks and apartment blocks and no garden, some restrictions have to be eased otherwise the consequences will be far greater, but the prophets of doom lock down fanatics dont care.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭ CinemaGuy45


    Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    You're just not getting it. Great you're working and I hope distance measures are in place and every precaution is being taken.
    As for obeying the rules: most of us have. What do you want? A medal? Your anger at the action of others, while repeated constantly, is understandable but they are a small minority. If you can drive to somewhere for a bit of sun why can't I and all my family, neighbours and friends? You're missing the whole point.

    No, this is not North Korea, not even close, and we haven't been locked down either. Go for a walk and enjoy some sunshine but stick within the 2km.

    You know rightly what harm could be done if we all followed your example. Either man up or quit trying to play the hard man.

    I am not having a rant nor am I a rebel.

    I am finding this whole situation very depressing as are my coworkers.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭ Mrs Shuttleworth


    Oooh a "how many ways can I ask the same question a different way" thread.

    Cue the obligatory "hilarious" second post put down in every thread on Boards to defend the status quo and the State.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ ShineOn7


    You have no idea how true that is.;)


    What? :confused:

    Your OP says the opposite of this

    This Covid craic really has opened my eyes to how very stupid and/or self entitled some people are


    ** unfollows thread **


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,713 ✭✭✭✭ denartha


    GazzaL wrote: »
    The majority of people have had enough. It's not in most humans' nature to live under these type of restrictions, not being able to see family and friends or earn a proper living. The numbers don't lie, hospital admissions and ICU numbers are consistently decreasing, R0 has been at 0.5 for a few weeks, people will ease restrictions themselves if the Government won't do it. Lots of people are already easing up.

    Hopefully the weather will be good for you.

    I advise you and the OP tune into the Taoiseach tomorrow.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭ GazzaL


    None, but what if you're involved in a car accident? and emergency services need to assist/rescue you? And then you need hospital treatment? That'll be 1 less bed for a patient with Covid-19.

    75% of beds in private hospitals are empty, there's no shortage of beds. It's a disgrace that people with private health insurance who need medical treatment, the likes of hip and knee surgery, are now in limbo while the hospitals are practically empty.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭ Plumbthedepths


    Jim_Hodge wrote: »


    Cop on, knuckle down and do something constructive like stay at home. It's not that difficult.

    Same reply to a domestic violence sufferer, yes?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 ✭✭✭ SettlePettal


    None, but what if you're involved in a car accident? and emergency services need to assist/rescue you? And then you need hospital treatment? That'll be 1 less bed for a patient with Covid-19.

    The beds are empty, every doctor on tv telling us they are not busy. It's nothing like they were told


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭ Mrs Shuttleworth


    denartha wrote: »
    I advise you and the OP tune into the Taoiseach tomorrow.

    He's an unelected Taoiseach with no mandate and furthermore with this legislation has broken the social contract between citizens and the State.

    He deserves no audience tomorrow.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭ Plumbthedepths


    None, but what if you're involved in a car accident? and emergency services need to assist/rescue you? And then you need hospital treatment? That'll be 1 less bed for a patient with Covid-19.

    What if he has an accident at work or on the way to work, or at home. Is it ok then ?
    Btw the majority who get Covid don't wind up in a hospital let alone a bed or ICU.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭ GazzaL


    The beds are empty, every doctor on tv telling us they are not busy. It's nothing like they were told

    I've been in what is normally one of the busiest public hospitals in the country multiple times throughout the lockdown. The place is deserted.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭ prunudo


    Some posters will tell you well done and if you need to find an isolated place to get head space, do it while obeying social distancing rules.Others will berate you for daring to think about breaking rules, post smug memes and use some sort type of emotional blackmail to make you re think.
    Here's my advice, do what you think is right for you, ignore the negative posts.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭ CinemaGuy45


    Dont be acting the bolix.

    Do as you are told.

    I have a letter for my son from HSE which enables us to drive around unrestricted. Please be concious of the fact that there are people with legitimate issues other than boredom at home. Out health shouldnt be put at risk for your emtertainment.

    Did you read my post serious question?

    I am working with more than 100 people so boredom at home really?

    I am getting depressed that I can not get a bit of fresh air in nice surroundings.

    How will my drive and walk put your health at risk?

    I am putting my health at risk to keep the supermarket shelves full.

    I will be taking a drive and a walk in the sun that will not have any effect on you whatsoever.


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭ hmmm


    No because I'm not a child hoping for some sweets from the government.

    I'm an adult who realises we are doing this because of the potential for a dangerous virus to cut through our population if I don't.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭ Plumbthedepths


    prunudo wrote: »
    Some posters will tell you well done and if you need to find an isolated place to get head space, do it while obeying social distancing rules.Others will berate you for daring to think about breaking rules, post smug memes and use some sort type of emotional blackmail to make you re think.
    Here's my advice, do what you think is right for you, ignore the negative posts.

    Some sense.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭ smelly sock


    Did you read my post serious question?

    I am working with more than 100 people so boredom at home really?

    I am getting depressed that I can not get a bit of fresh air in nice surroundings.

    How will my drive and walk put your health at risk?

    I am putting my health at risk to keep the supermarket shelves full.

    I will be taking a drive and a walk in the sun that will not have any effect out you whatsoever.

    Well do it then and stop talking about it.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭ CinemaGuy45


    He's an unelected Taoiseach with no mandate and furthermore with this legislation has broken the social contract between citizens and the State.

    He deserves no audience tomorrow.

    Well I won't be giving him one anyway I am also done with this lockdown.


Advertisement