Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVII- 62,002 ROI (1,915 deaths) 39,609 NI (724 deaths) (02/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Can I travel over 5km to pick up a take away?

Only if it's a 3 in 1 or a spice box.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 114 ✭✭RonaVirus

Only if it's a 3 in 1 or a spice box.

Link to the relevant legislation please.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

RonaVirus wrote: »
    Link to the relevant legislation please.

Sauce?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Can I travel over 5km to pick up a take away?

Put an empty Dunnes stores bag in your back seat and you can travel anywhere you like!

When the Gardai have you standing at the high wall and the sergeant is shouting 'Ready, Aim...', just scream out "I am going shopping!" and they will immediately apologise, untie your hands and wish you well on your merry way.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Cases exploding in France.

A new record 52,010 new cases today and 116 deaths. A Sunday too...

Similar story in Italy with a new record there and 128 deaths.

This coming week is likely to see a significant increase in fatalities according to health officials in France.

And Italy has still not closed pubs and restaurants. Just time limits. Insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Put an empty Dunnes stores bag in your back seat and you can travel anywhere you like!

When the Gardai have you standing at the high wall and the sergeant is shouting 'Ready, Aim...', just scream out "I am going shopping!" and they will immediately apologise, untie your hands and wish you well on your merry way.

Thanks I can sleep easy now knowing I can get my dominos!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Indeed.

Belgium, France, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Czech Republic...are all back in a crisis now.

Being proactive is the best way to avoid that fate here at the end of the day.

We could have been more proactive had our government heeded the advice a couple of weeks ago.

That hesitancy must have led to bad health outcomes for some people, yet the economic cost is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

An empty dunnes, lidl, etc or a child would suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Being proactive is the best way to avoid that fate here at the end of the day.

Proactive fine. But with some logical approach/explanation of the various closures. Nobody in Govt. has ever said that general retail is an issue, yet they are closed. Nphet forecasts cases to get back down to manageable levels in a few weeks (hopefully) but this can happen with a lot of "essential" retail open.

I'd have liked if they had tried some things out over the last couple of months and seen which restrictions have biggest impact.

For now, I'm convinced it's large numbers in confined spaces (i.e. younger people mainly) bringing it back to their houses and families. Not getting a product in non essential retail.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    And Italy has still not closed pubs and restaurants. Just time limits. Insane.

They are closed from 6pm at the moment, but can do take away later than that.

Most bars in Italy only used to open at 6pm and close at 2am.

Restaurants are different of course, but the last time I was in Rome they opened at midday for lunch.
    There were coffee shops and bistros with seating, but always wondered why most of the customers were standing having their coffee until a local told us that there was three different prices for the same coffee and food. Cheapest was for take away, followed by standing, then most expensive for sitting in.

Apart from that, cinemas, theaters, swimming pools, gyms are closed. Gatherings for weddings, baptisms and funerals are banned, as are all events and fairs. Distance learning will be applied in secondary schools for at least 75 percent of students, with some regions bringing in curfews.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

manniot2 wrote: »
    I wonder how much is Tony using this pandemic to gain as much credit with the public as possible in advance of the cervical tribunal?

Your not supposed to mention that.saint Tony is untouchable don’t u know

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I think the “visiting a grave” story is foolproof?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I went to a shop today o,Connell Street, there was a male beggar he asked me 3 times have u got odds,
    I think he was on drugs.
    He was carrying a small cardboard box
    He was either standing in the middle of the front entrance or else walking in and out of the shop
    constantly
    There was no way of avoiding him or
    to keep a social distance from him and he was not wearing a mask

There were 3 young men working in the shop
    If shops are going to allow beggars or people to go inside with no mask then what chance
    have we of getting covid 19 under control
    This is a small shop theres maybe space for 2 customers inside
    if you wish to follow the social distancing rules

Also there's a problem in that some shops seem to have stopped employing
    security guards since march
    probably to reduce costs

I don't mind beggars if they want to sit near a shop with a cup on the ground
    as you can choose to approach them or not
    or just drop 50 cent in the cup
    and beggars do not wear masks
    I wonder is there a place you can complain
    Business X is not following the basic rules on social distancing or asking
    customers to wear a mask

Sorry for the long post
    I was just annoyed with the staff
    I bought phone credit and told the staff member that person should not be obstructing the entrance for paying
    customers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭maebee

riclad wrote: »
    I went to a shop today o,Connell Street, there was a male beggar he asked me 3 times have u got odds,
    I think he was on drugs.
    He was either standing in the middle of the front entrance or else walking in and out of the shop
    constantly

If shops are going to allow beggars or people to go inside with no mask then what chance

probably to reduce costs

customers to wear a mask

Sorry for the long post
    I bought phone credit and told the staff member that person should not be obstructing the entrance for paying
    customers

Is this a poem?

Roger_007 wrote: »

Don't think it would work at night and you might end up on a register if you tried it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Roger_007 wrote: »

Can be, but if you're asked whose grave you're visiting and what graveyard, your plan may unravel.

But of course, there's plenty of ways to get around restrictions, the 10% who abuse it will be countered with the 90% who try at best to abide by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Can be, but if you're asked whose grave you're visiting and what graveyard, your plan may unravel.

But of course, there's plenty of ways to get around restrictions, the 10% who abuse it will be countered with the 90% who try at best to abide by them.

'Going for my prescription is another one'

Here in Waterford Tramore has a few chemists

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »

Of course you have a copy of said prescription with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Politicians who weren't awaiting test results lost their jobs for less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone seen the recent tweets from Gardai twitter showing closed off clothing sections?

It is quite incredible what we have allowed happen in this country

Literally our law enforcement putting out propaganda boasting they have shut down places selling clothing in late autumn

How did we let this happen?

Are we that brain washed? It is really scary

Gardai can shut down the clothing section of Tesco or Dunnes as clothes are non essential but no stopping house parties and large sales of alcohol, so drunk hoes and bros over clothes

Of course you have a copy of said prescription with you?

Most scripts, especially those issued under a medical card are held in the pharmacy for repeat prescriptions.

Politicians who weren't awaiting test results lost their jobs for less

I think it would set a bad example if he was not dismissed.
    More than likely he'll get a months paid leave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Don't think it would work at night and you might end up on a register if you tried it :-)

I swear, I am going to work garda. I'm a bodysnatcher.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Most scripts, especially those issued under a medical card are held in the pharmacy.

For repeat prescriptions yes. But if you're looking for ways to get around the restrictions, no matter what I say, you can come up with excuses.
    As I said it's the 90% doing what they can that allow the 10% do what they want.
    Is it fair? No. But that's how life is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

riclad wrote: »
    I think he was on drugs.
    constantly

probably to reduce costs

customers to wear a mask

Sorry for the long post
    customers

Absolutely right. He should have been dragged off to the workhouse.

polesheep wrote: »
    I swear, I am going to work garda. I'm a bodysnatcher.

Or you're a Wican and you like visiting mother nature late at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

I dont know if this has been mentioned before, but where my relatives live near the border, Tinder has been running as normal. Young and not so young going over and back to Strabane and Derry and vice versa. Its hard to police that when there are approx 12 ways to cross the border in that region.
    Loads more than 12.

When the Gardaí became too annoying asking whether my journey was essential every time I passed them in both directions, and after me informing them each time that it was none of their business and that they had no powers to enforce this non-law, I now drive around their checkpoints on numerous backroads. Being a mile from the county border obviously I know dozens of ways to cross the county border and avoid the Keystone Kops.

For repeat prescriptions yes. But if you're looking for ways to get around the restrictions, no matter what I say, you can come up with excuses.
    As I said it's the 90% doing what they can that allow the 10% do what they want.
    Is it fair? No. But that's how life is.

Not coming up with an excuse, don't believe anyone should be traveling for non essential reasons, and don't do so myself.Just pointing out a fact, and also excluded the fact that a member of the guards can't ask for a look at your prescription as it's classified as medical information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

PTH2009 wrote: »

As my ma was from Tramore there are plenty of graves for me to visit there, including my grandparents' graves. Which I fully intend to visit during this Level 5 nonsense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement