Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVII- 62,002 ROI (1,915 deaths) 39,609 NI (724 deaths) (02/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Paddygreen wrote: »
    The Gardaí have discovered a shebeen down in Clare. Taps, kegs, a pool table, a dart board, beer mats, Beer, a moonlighting barman trying to get out a bathroom window. What absolute vermin. Setting up a drinking den where the only thing you are guaranteed to be served with your libation is death wearing the grim cloak of covid19. When will people realize they fun + Covid19 = agonising Death. The science is settled.

Packed up to the rotten decaying rafters with boozed up bog monkeys line dancing to the Saw Doctors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

niallo27 wrote: »
    People love saying I told you so, don't be so naive.

Or maybe people repeatedly being told "it's grand" using all kinds of lies and incorrect assumptions for the last few months has led to a lot of the complacency that has us in the middle of a lockdown tight now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭maebee

The Gardaí have discovered a shebeen down in Clare. Taps, kegs, a pool table, a dart board, beer mats, Beer, a moonlighting barman trying to get out a bathroom window. What absolute vermin. Setting up a drinking den where the only thing you are guaranteed to be served with your libation is death wearing the grim cloak of covid19. When will people realize they fun + Covid19 = agonising Death. The science is settled.

It's in Athy, Co. Kildare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Looks fairly civilised to me? Why the moral outrage paddy. I don't see people getting so wound up about similar illicit activities like craic dens or bordellos. Main thing is we don't all do it.

source.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Me either tbh. Like if you get your positive test do you just throw your phone out the window? I'd like to think if I had it I'd ring or text people I was in contact with over the previous couple of days and give them the heads up.

My OH tested positive and now a relative has. One gave it to the other, no idea who had it first, but based on the 48 contract tracing the relative wouldn’t have been tested and thought they had a cold. But because contact tracing had fallen apart we took liberties and got them to get a test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,914 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Will you just give up. Christ.

Will someone please start a thread for people like you where the only type of post tollerated is one in support of the official Oirish pan(dem)ic response.

If you want a high five, bro, echo chamber of like minnds, have at it.

For balance here is the Germany situation today:
    R=rate 1.23
    6000 infected in Hospital of which 1000 are in intensive care
    8000 intensive beds are free so no panic.

Plenty of free beds means no hysteria.
    People are still eating out, going to the gym, shopping, etc.
    There are just reasonable restrictions like masks in shops, public transport and pedestrianized zones.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

niallo27 wrote: »
    Any address for this place so I can make sure its closed.

No idea, but I think if we do find out where a shebeen is for sure a few concerned posters such as myself and maybe yourself should mask up, rent a minibus and go down to wherever it is to remind them about the guidelines. We could stop in Aldi or somewhere enroute to get some refreshments. I’m fairly sure that educating others about the dangers of Covid19 would cover us for making the essential journey.

Yay. Further staff self isolating. Relying on bank nursing here. We are running out of single rooms to keep the covid patients in as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Blondini wrote: »
    Packed up to the rotten decaying rafters with boozed up bog monkeys line dancing to the Saw Doctors.

your point still relevant now its Kildare not Clare?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭maebee

No idea, but I think if we do find out where a shebeen is for sure a few concerned posters such as myself and maybe yourself should mask up, rent a minibus and go down to wherever it is to remind them about the guidelines. We could stop in Aldi or somewhere enroute to get some refreshments. I’m fairly sure that educating others about the dangers of Covid19 would cover us for making the essential journey.

https://www.newstalk.com/news/gardai-raid-suspected-shebeen-pub-co-kildare-1095624

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭zinfandel

Yay. Further staff self isolating. Relying on bank nursing here. We are running out of single rooms to keep the covid patients in as well.

would it not be better having all the covid patients together and keeping the single rooms for non covid?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Blondini wrote: »
    Keeping out my personal fcucking space in a deli queue qualifies as "harsh restrictions" ?

Thought it was just good solid civilised human behaviour myself.

Ignoring covid... in general, why do people insist on invading your personal space in a queue? It is almost like they think standing on your heels will speed up the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

mean gene wrote: »
    your point still relevant now its Kildare not Clare?

Its Athy.. if anything, that is more accurate :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭normanoffside

It was in Athy Co Kildare Paddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

prunudo wrote: »
    Tbh, given the swab numbers yesterday I'd be surprised if they're under 1k today. Not that i don't want them to be, just don't think we'll see true a reduction so quickly. Minimum a week before we see any meaningful trend.

Yeah 777 was the biggest divergence with the trend in last 100 days. Hopefully it is the start of a prolonged decrease but we'll have to wait and see. Certainly looks like an outlier.

530410.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Any reason why yesterday's numbers were so low, is level 3 kicking in or what. How many positive swabs yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I apologise for saying the rate had dropped to 1 when I meant the latest estimate of the rate had dropped to 1.

The latest estimate is 1.3, as I pointed out to you yesterday.

Unless you have some inside track we don’t know about, you are pulling a number out of thin air tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

US2 wrote: »
    Any reason why yesterday's numbers were so low, is level 3 kicking in or what. How many positive swabs yesterday

1038 swabs and 777 announced cases. It’s why most of us aren’t too excited about yesterday’s drop at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

We're in for a shít winter, aren't we? I'm very worried we might still get an Italy type of disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

This is only a Mockdown. But don't tell Mehole that, he wants to preside over a lockdown just as severe as Leo's and the last thing he wants is to be playing second fiddle to Leo.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's amusing that when cases are bad, the headline is posted 20 times on RTE news. When the numbers are better, they don't even mention it.

Last night's numbers are buried in a piece on Tony's interview on the Late Late, but Thursday's numbers are still the title of an article.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

US2 wrote: »
    Positivity rate has been dropping consistently now all week. Level 3 is having an effect. How sustained it is, is yet to be seen, but it is undeniable that numbers are on the way down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭Russman

This is only a Mockdown. But don't tell Mehole that, he wants to preside over a lockdown just as severe as Leo's and the last thing he wants is to be playing second fiddle to Leo.

Someone jokingly said to me yesterday that it’s a real FF lockdown as opposed to a lockdown :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,186 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Benimar wrote: »
    1038 swabs and 777 announced cases. It’s why most of us aren’t too excited about yesterday’s drop at the moment.

Totally, a couple of hundred cases to be added on, however the stabilisation of Swabs and even the drop from 1500, 1200,1100 odd last week is encouraging and thankfully that's a different e word than we were hearing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

zinfandel wrote: »
    would it not be better having all the covid patients together and keeping the single rooms for non covid?

I don't know, if covid patients shared a room and covid spread by just breathing, can taking in extra virus make them sicker?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

seamus wrote: »
    It's amusing that when cases are bad, the headline is posted 20 times on RTE news. When the numbers are better, they don't even mention it.

Last night's numbers are buried in a piece on Tony's interview on the Late Late, but Thursday's numbers are still the title of an article.

rte have been a total disgrace during this era I know their full of sh1t but a vulnerable pensioner may think other -bunch of cowboys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I don't know, if covid patients shared a room and covid spread by just breathing, can taking in extra virus make them sicker?

Yes I think viral load often has implications wrt how sick people can get.
    If somebody is in hospital being treated for a different illness but happens to test positive for asymptomatic covid, I'd think exposing them to higher levels of virus would increase their risk of covid sickness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

cnocbui wrote: »
    Will someone please start a thread for people like you where the only type of post tollerated is one in support of the official Oirish pan(dem)ic response.

If you want a high five, bro, echo chamber of like minnds, have at it.

Why don’t you start your own thread for people like yourself.

Several posters, myself included, called out a poster who posted a made up R number as fact, if you don’t agree then post updated numbers including a reliable source.

I really don’t know what your problem is, but whether it is; it’s on you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

seamus wrote: »
    Positivity rate has been dropping consistently now all week. Level 3 is having an effect. How sustained it is, is yet to be seen, but it is undeniable that numbers are on the way down.

Yeah its great to see

Settling at level 3 would be liveable

Would like to have a steak dinner, if they could get that in

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement