Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVII- 62,002 ROI (1,915 deaths) 39,609 NI (724 deaths) (02/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Allinall wrote: »
    I would imagine they’re not allowed to open.

Have you reported them?

Jesus imagine being that person . Get a life

• Registered Users Posts: 6,619 ✭✭✭Allinall

Why should I get a life?

I never suggested they report the shop.

Judgmental much?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Paddygreen wrote: »
    The Gardaí have discovered a shebeen down in Clare. Taps, kegs, a pool table, a dart board, beer mats, Beer, a moonlighting barman trying to get out a bathroom window. What absolute vermin. Setting up a drinking den where the only thing you are guaranteed to be served with your libation is death wearing the grim cloak of covid19. When will people realize they fun + Covid19 = agonising Death. The science is settled.

:D:D:D :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Was out shopping this morning. Many more shops open than I expected and plenty of shoppers around. The people are ignoring lockdown after 8 months, who can blame them. With so many having no symptoms, so few in ICU, even fewer dying "with" Covid the whole thing has a ring of the Emperor has no Clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

What part of Europe is Victoria in?

I didn't say it was in europe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

You would think they would work on the 14 day rule especially in an environment that has high risk patients.
    Covid-19: One patient infects psychiatric ward of Kildare hospital
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40070291.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,869 ✭✭✭Russman

Was out shopping this morning. Many more shops open than I expected and plenty of shoppers around. The people are ignoring lockdown after 8 months, who can blame them. With so many having no symptoms, so few in ICU, even fewer dying "with" Covid the whole thing has a ring of the Emperor has no Clothes.

I can blame them. They’re being selfish cnuts. It’s the same people who will be responsible for us potentially not getting out of level 5 in six weeks, and they’ll be the very ones whining about it then too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Allinall wrote: »
    I would imagine they’re not allowed to open.

Have you reported them?

Nope. To be fair, they don't allow you more than 2 feet inside. Their desk is at the entrance so they're basically doing takeaway comics. Perhaps they're not breaking a rule with their setup?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

spookwoman wrote: »
    You would think they would work on the 14 day rule especially in an environment that has high risk patients.
    Covid-19: One patient infects psychiatric ward of Kildare hospital
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40070291.html

I think it's crazy we haven't considered setting up emergency 'Covid only' field hospitals, to stop this from happening.

'It is understood the patient, who was sharing a six-bedded bay with elderly patients, was free to roam around the communal areas of the hospital unit.'
    That's shocking, he developed symptoms on Friday but didn't get swabbed until Sunday...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

JimToken wrote: »
    Sheebeen found

Rte news headline

It's even on sky news!

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1319983298928648196?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Nope. To be fair, they don't allow you more than 2 feet inside. Their desk is at the entrance so they're basically doing takeaway comics. Perhaps they're not breaking a rule with their setup?

Come and collect

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I think they will just escape this one, there are a lot of people pissed off and there is some civil disorder. I think things will kick off for one night at Halloween though.

When the January Lockdown kicks off that will be when things get very messy. I have never attended a protest in my life. I am angry now but passive. In January I won't be passive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

https://twitter.com/JackieGoode5/status/1319963010870484993?s=19

From Wales. Seen another picture of Tesco with Books being covered in plastic sheeting. No Newspapers though. We cant be upsetting the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

We are all recommended to buy local, simply because our businesses are suffering because of the ravages of Covid.

Who in God's name within the HSE decided to source the Vira Pro Hand Disinfection Gel from Turkey ? where they apparently have difficulty in distinguishing between methanol and ethanol.

Are the production methods for ethanol unknown in Ireland ?

I think it's crazy we haven't considered setting up emergency 'Covid only' field hospitals, to stop this from happening.

'It is understood the patient, who was sharing a six-bedded bay with elderly patients, was free to roam around the communal areas of the hospital unit.'
    That's shocking, he developed symptoms on Friday but didn't get swabbed until Sunday...

Didn't they shut one down the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

We are all recommended to buy local, simply because our businesses are suffering because of the ravages of Covid.

Who in God's name within the HSE decided to source the Vira Pro Hand Disinfection Gel from Turkey ? where they apparently have difficulty in distinguishing between methanol and ethanol.

Follow the money, deep dive into company structure and ownership and I suspect link to politicians would be established.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

From Wales. Seen another picture of Tesco with Books being covered in plastic sheeting. No Newspapers though. We cant be upsetting the media.

What a fcucking inbred numpty.

He better pick up that rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Where on earth would you get an independent source on the staffing levels today at a nursing home!! I can tell you how many staff we had out last week due to being close contacts and being told to stay home. I can tell you how we covered those shifts but you certainly wouldn't be able to find that information anywhere else!

That poster is referring to a major hospital that works in. He makes claims like this all the time without ever verifying them. I wouldn't expect a nursing home's staff shortage to be a news item, a hospital I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,116 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

If one shop that shouldn’t be open does, soon a lot more will follow suit.

Telling people to get a life, we all want to keep alive. A fûcking comic book shop ? Not essential.

Blondini wrote: »

Don't know who is worse the guy ripping the plastic off the shelves or those crowd funding to pay his fine.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

If he really cared about his precious shops closing, he should be wearing a mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Strumms wrote: »
    If I’m out and about working, my sandwich is being made at home, night before , put in a cooler bag with drinks, a bar, dessert, whatever. Any idiot can accomplish that ! Why the fûck would you in the middle of a bastarding pandemic, want to be Qing in a Spar, Centra, O’Briens, Texaco, Circle K, or wherever deli, when you can invest TEN minutes the night before getting a sandwich made and cooler bag ready with your stuff... sambo, drinks, dessert etc....

Fraction of the price and none of the danger of Qing in a deli.

You have a bar AND dessert at lunchtime! Get a load of Prince Strumms over here! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Russman wrote: »
    I can blame them. They’re being selfish cnuts. It’s the same people who will be responsible for us potentially not getting out of level 5 in six weeks, and they’ll be the very ones whining about it then too.

You're missing the point, these people are not going into level 5 in the first place. But you feel free to stay in Level 5 for as long as you see fit, hiding from this "deadly" virus that people who die from other causes die "with".

spookwoman wrote: »
    Don't know who is worse the guy ripping the plastic off the shelves or those crowd funding to pay his fine.

Absolutely, fella walks into a shop, wrecking the place, trashing stock, shelves, inconveniences shoppers and the owners... then people say... “don’t worry, we’ll sort it out for you”. :confused:

pm1977x wrote: »
    You have a bar AND dessert at lunchtime! Get a load of Prince Strumms over here! :pac:

Five course bag. ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

Why would HSE management spend all the Government funding on sourcing safe and high quality equipment when it could be used for bonuses or their wages?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

Blondini wrote: »

Yes, let not forget the import issues that this highlights- littering :rolleyes:

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,334 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Strumms wrote: »
    If I’m out and about working, my sandwich is being made at home, night before , put in a cooler bag with drinks, a bar, dessert, whatever. Any idiot can accomplish that ! Why the fûck would you in the middle of a bastarding pandemic, want to be Qing in a Spar, Centra, O’Briens, Texaco, Circle K, or wherever deli, when you can invest TEN minutes the night before getting a sandwich made and cooler bag ready with your stuff... sambo, drinks, dessert etc....

Fraction of the price and none of the danger of Qing in a deli.

Ironically the dessert and bar is increasing ones risk from Covid.

I’ve made my concern known to all my loved ones about the risks of desserts and snacks in these times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MOR316

Have to vent...

I see so many ****ing idiots online and face to face everyday life, moaning and complaining about retail shops being open...

"Oh it's a disgrace"
    "Oh the case numbers"
    "Oh the Government arent doing their job"
    "Oh it's against the law"
    "Oh they should be ashamed"
    "Oh the crowds are going to be piling in, spreading the virus"

It's click and collect at the ****ing door!!

Can people not read?? Or, has the tabloid, sensationalism era taken over their minds and they see what they wanna see now?

Holier than thou muppets! Absolutely blood boiling!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,214 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

MarkY91 wrote: »

They sell print media, thats deemed essential. No rules broken

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement