Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VI - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options
1319320321322323325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭walus

fin12 wrote: »
    He said he wants the cases under a 100 a day, that is not going to happen while schools are open.

I’d rather say that this is not going to happen while hospitals are open.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Penfailed wrote: »
    Utmost respect? Nah. I don't know the fella. He could walk past me in the street and I wouldn't recognise him. I don't feel the need to run him down either though.

You don’t know what Holohan looks like?

That’s bolix, everyone knows what he looks like

• Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Decision should of been made today

A few businesses esp in the hospitality sector will struggle to get open for the 1st December

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Fun fact! I know what he looks like but I actually don’t know what he sounds like!

I don’t watch RTE and just read about what’s being said etc! Anytime I am watching telly and if I get even a sniff that he’s going to appear I change over!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

It's time the EU moved collectively against lockdowns. They simply don't work as effectively as believed, especially if schools remain open as has been the case this lockdown. That's before you even begin to discuss the economic and social ****storm lockdown causes. If anyone thinks restarting businesses is as simple as flicking the lights on and starting where you left off, you're in for a surprise

Indeed. I think it’ll take a major outside force to call a halt to this nonsense- be it the IMF or EU. Our crowd of useless wasters in Nphet and government can’t see beyond it as it involves basically no lateral thinking or innovation. It’s all about as sophisticated as Holohans thinking gets.
    The icing on the cake has been an actual rise in cases as lockdown comes to an end. No doubt the donkeys only “recommendation” will be more of what has already failed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Hi, I am assuming this post is directed towards me? Could you please stop undermining all my posts by associating me with some other person or poster it is massively unfair and very frustrating. I have just come in and politely posted my opinions yet a number of posters including you are undermining every post I make, ganging up to on me and just generally making me feel uncomfortable.

I havent seen any of that in bold, not in this thread anyways.

But yes, be prepared, people have lost patience with yo yo lockdowns and ridiculous restrictions based on teletubbies science, promoted by big Tony and the notorious zoo that is NPHET. Apprntly group of experts with regards to covid, although only 2 out of 40 actually have epidemiology background...

NPHET should be disbanded. Tony H and Ro Ro should get kicked out (they are absolutely useless, akin to below when it comes to their daily briefings on RTE news 6.01)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

John_Rambo and bucketybuck - don't post in this thread again.

To others, hinting and implying that other users are re-regs is against the charter. I strongly advise that you report posts and let the mods deal with it.

Further threadbans will follow if people cannot follow this simple instruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

'God can help us': Cavan priest will continue to hold Mass despite Level 5 rules
    “A scientist cannot tell me that what he does is more important than what God does,” Father PJ Hughes told RTÉ Radio One.

https://www.thejournal.ie/cavan-priest-hold-mass-5273266-Nov2020/

Will be pretty impressive if this turns into science vs god argument with regards to restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensausage

It's just my take on it but listening to Michael Martin it's not sounding too positive about pubs and or restaurants being open for Christmas, sounds like the house visitors and 5km County rules might be relaxed...... Not that anyone was going to adhere to them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jesus this is getting too much now

Bloody staff in RTE getting a bollocking for taking photos too close to each other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭Penfailed

The only newspaper I read is The Irish News. It's mainly news from north of the border. I don't usually watch RTE. The only thing I've watched about this whole sorry state of affairs was Leo's address to the nation on St. Paddy's Day. How would I know what he looks like?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement