Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VI - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

bush wrote: »
    It is possible if we galvanise our efforts, whatever that means.

We should galvanise our efforts alright. To get rid of this abomination and societal scourge that’s blighted every citizen of Ireland. It’s name is ......NPHET

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

We all need to galvanise our efforts and tell Tony Holohan to F*** off with immediate effect.

RTÉ stars apologise for social distancing breaches at 'impromptu' gathering in Montrose - Link

RTÉ AND SOME of its top stars have apologised after being present at a gathering in Montrose where social distancing was not fully observed and presenters posed for photographs.

These 'stars' are the same doom mongers who have been lecturing the Irish public since March, and now they are going against social distancing guidelines, but on the radio or tv they will lecture the public endlessly!

One rule for the rest of us and another for the wealthy 'stars' at taxpayer funded RTE.

Another very good reason to switch off this endless rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,262 ✭✭✭facehugger99

During the Influenza season of 2017/2018 there were over 4,700 people hospitalized with flu. This peaked in Jan 2018 with almost 600 people in hospital.

Does anyone remember the clamor to shut the country down? To stop people traveling and visiting people, to close down viable business and put hundreds of thousands of people out of work?

What would have been the reaction if Dr Tony appeared on the airwaves and warned people that all the pubs and restaurants had to close because our hospitals were overstretched? Would we have perhaps questioned the logic of destroying the economy and asked instead why the health service, that costs us 10's of billions ever year, is in such a poor state?

Fast forward to October 21st 2020 when it was decided to reenter a Level 5 lockdown. The number of people in hospital with Covid? - 314

We are not in a rational world anymore. The response to this is being driven by hysteria and dogma rather than any science or facts.

The politicians are responding to social media photographs and ducking out of their responsibility to govern.

The media are too busy pumping out fear to generate clicks to hold anyone to account.

We have destroyed the economy and hundreds of thousands of jobs in an extreme over-reaction to a disease whose most common symptoms include feeling 'absolutely grand'.

This will be looked back on in years to come as a moment of mass hysteria. Some people will be rightly embarrassed by their behavior during this so-called crisis. Of course it will be way too late by that stage to change things. It's depressing to see this happen to my country.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

bush wrote: »
    It is possible if we galvanise our efforts, whatever that means.

Everyone become a hermit lol

• Advertisement

Great comment on the article: "It’s a pity George Lee wasn’t there. Would have been the icing on the cake!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

RobitTV wrote: »
    Great comment on the article: "It’s a pity George Lee wasn’t there. Would have been the icing on the cake!"

Let's be honest would you invite George Lee to any sort of a celebration? The room temperature would drop 4 degrees with him present

• Registered Users Posts: 7,511 ✭✭✭Penfailed

TRANQUILLO wrote: »
    THIS VIRUS IS NASTY AND EXTREMELY DEADLY......so deadly that you have to get a test to see if you actually had it at all and were unaware.

There's echo chambers...and there's just echoes. I don't know how many times I've seen that phrase ^^^ used. It's still not remotely funny, or even thought provoking. It's misleading. Yes, some people (asymptomatic) don't realise. For others, it's worse than that.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

fin12 wrote: »
    Everyone become a hermit lol

Everyone build a little galvanise booth for themselves and stay in it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭Cork2021

• Advertisement

Cork2021 wrote: »

Government warn against a "free for all" yet encourage a veritable stampede by limiting movement to only 24 hours. Slow hand clap :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I will be visiting family for as many days as I please. Who will actually listen to this crap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

That's not bad

Can't even walk your dog in Oz right now :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭zf0wqv9oemuasj

I must say that I am surprised that the vile comments being posted in this thread toward Dr. Holohan, NPHET and the government and so on are allowed by the board. It is a strange corner of the internet that opinions do not tally with reality where the majority of folks have the utmost respect for Dr Holohan and all those trying to keep us safe at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,262 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Government warn against a "free for all" yet encourage a veritable stampede by limiting movement to only 24 hours. Slow hand clap :rolleyes:

The really mad thing is, there are people in the main Covid thread wondering when they'll be told what they can and can't do for Christmas.

They are like infants that want Mammy Tony to handhold them every step of the way as they navigate through Christmas. They seem incapable of actually thinking or doing something off their own bat.

It's concerning how many fully grown adults are prepared to outsource their decision making capabilities to an unelected bureaucrat, who has presided over a litany of failures, that in any other country, would see him sacked in disgrace.

That it seems, is the world we now live in.

I must say that I am surprised that the vile comments from posters in this thread toward Dr. Holohan, NPHET and the government and so on are allowed by the board. It is a strange corner of the internet that opinions do not tally with reality where the majority of folks have the utmost respect for Dr Holohan and all those trying to keep us safe at this time.

Vile? We’re allowed have opinions and it’s their behaviour in the media that’s ridiculous. They’ve started to be rightfully called out on this by the government and the public, ie the front page of the examiner this morning.
    My opinion is they’re all fecking this up and we’re the collateral damage. They will not be on PUP at any time so it does not infringe on their lifestyle

• Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Penfailed wrote: »
    There's echo chambers...and there's just echoes. I don't know how many times I've seen that phrase ^^^ used. It's still not remotely funny, or even thought provoking. It's misleading. Yes, some people (asymptomatic) don't realise. For others, it's worse than that.

Can you be more specific and provide numbers, or population percentage, in place of 'some' and 'others'?

I must say that I am surprised that the vile comments being posted in this thread toward Dr. Holohan, NPHET and the government and so on are allowed by the board. It is a strange corner of the internet that opinions do not tally with reality where the majority of folks have the utmost respect for Dr Holohan and all those trying to keep us safe at this time.

Translation: "I'm appalled that opinions contrary to mine are allowed to stand, because I'm utterly in the right and they are completely wrong".

Deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭prunudo

I must say that I am surprised that the vile comments from posters in this thread toward Dr. Holohan, NPHET and the government and so on are allowed by the board. It is a strange corner of the internet that opinions do not tally with reality where the majority of folks have the utmost respect for Dr Holohan and all those trying to keep us safe at this time.

Go on, I'll bite. What vile comments exactly. I've seen posters question him, criticise his stance and called him out for previous performances. Maybe the circles you hang around in critical thinking is frowned upon but this is a discussion board and that is exactly what people are doing, discussing opposing views.

Vile? We’re allowed have opinions and it’s their behaviour in the media that’s ridiculous. They’ve started to be rightfully called out on this by the government and the public, ie the front page of the examiner this morning.
    My opinion is they’re all fecking this up and we’re the collateral damage. They will not be on PUP at any time so it does not infringe on their lifestyle

Hi, having a view is one thing and no would has an issue with that but some of the comments are going way over the top name calling, telling them to “F” off,, personally abusing them and so on.

• Advertisement

Hi, having a view is one thing and no would has an issue with that but some of the comments are going way over the top name calling, telling them to “F” off,, personally abusing them and so on.

I’m not a fan of Holahan! I’m allowed an opinion and I’ll post those opinions. Never abused anyone... they need criticism as those everyone on NPHET or in Government or even ourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

The really mad thing is, there are people in the main Covid thread wondering when they'll be told what they can and can't do for Christmas.

I deal with the public a lot with my work. The vibes i’m getting people will be celebrating xmas the way they see fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,308 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

They are like infants that want Mammy Tony to handhold them every step of the way as they navigate through Christmas. They seem incapable of actually thinking or doing something off their own bat.

It's concerning how many fully grown adults are prepared to outsource their decision making capabilities to an unelected bureaucrat, who has presided over a litany of failures, that in any other country, would see him sacked in disgrace.

That it seems, is the world we now live in.

It’s a fascinating peek into the Irish psychology.

It’s the answer to why Ireland tolerated 800 years of oppression.

It’s indoctrinated into a significant number of people to acquiesce to authority at all costs, even when the authority is blatantly misguided.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    I deal with the public a lot with my work. The vibes i’m getting people will be celebrating xmas the way they see fit.

Exactly the same for me. I could easily deal with 100 people a day face to face and the majority are fed up and will do what they want come what may

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Our Masters and Overlords are so generous. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Please let your New Year's Resolution be to move to China or some other Country with a dictatorship so you can fulfill your dream of being completely enslaved and subjugated while the rest of us enjoy our lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Hmmm, you sound suspiciously like NPHET- wanting to shut down all (extremely justified) critisicism of this unelected Autocrat. Well no you can't do that because I know my own mind and so long as I have it I will continue to express my views on him and every other NPHET joker and any other ditherer hiding behind them.

What's vile is the effort Dr Holohan went to to cover up cervical check. Vicky phelan was all but strong-armed into signing an NDA. What's vile is the fact that despite level 5 the authorities have allowed outbreak after outbreak in care homes and hospitals and try to pawn the blame off on the public. So why don't you think on how vile those are before you put on your Tony Holohan pyjamas this evening

road_high wrote: »
    Hmmm, you sound suspiciously like NPHET- wanting to shut down all (extremely justified) critisicism of this unelected Autocrat. Well no you can't do that because I know my own mind and so long as I have it I will continue to express my views on him and every other NPHET joker and any other ditherer hiding behind them.

Looking at it now it's obviously a wind up post. He's pushing too many of the right buttons for it to be an accident

• Advertisement

prunudo wrote: »
    Go on, I'll bite. What vile comments exactly. I've seen posters question him, criticise his stance and called him out for previous performances. Maybe the circles you hang around in critical thinking is frowned upon but this is a discussion board and that is exactly what people are doing, discussing opposing views.

Hi, as I said I am not asking for opinions to be stopped but some of the comments in posts go way over the top.

One I won’t even repeat as it was deleted after being reported, “ tell Tony Holohan to F*** off”, “Dr death, Ro Ro, “ask my arse Tony” and so on just to pick a few. There is worse too but they appear to thankfully get deleted.
    road_high wrote: »

Hi, as I said about I have no desire to shut down opinions but I strongly disagree with the personal abuse, name calling, suggestions of illegal/under hand tactics and so on being posted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement