Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VI - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Went to Centra just now to get a wrap.

Essential.

I see them photos on newspapers of RTE gang. Smiling laughing and hugging each other on their astronomical 100,000 + 200,000 + 300,000 + wages.

Looking forward to 6.01 tonight, "Covid has claimed many more lives than NPHET estimated, study finds"

:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

Hi, as I said I am not asking for opinions to be stopped but some of the comments in posts go way over the top.

One I won’t even repeat as it was deleted after being reported, “ tell Tony Holohan to F*** off”, “Dr death, Ro Ro, “ask my arse Tony” and so on just to pick a few. There is worse too but they appear to thankfully get deleted.

Hi, as I said about I have no desire to **** down opinions but I strongly disagree with the personal abuse, name calling, suggestions of illegal/under hand tactics and so on being posted.

I think Tony will be able to bear the slings and arrows of our words by cushioning the blows with the €16k a month he's pocketing for his trouble

What's vile is the effort Dr Holohan went to to cover up cervical check. Vicky phelan was all but strong-armed into signing an NDA. What's vile is the fact that despite level 5 the authorities have allowed outbreak after outbreak in care homes and hospitals and try to pawn the blame off on the public. So why don't you think on how vile those are before you put on your Tony Holohan pyjamas this evening

Probably one in top 3 funniest things I read in this thread. And I've been lurking since 1st week of May, just shortly after Leo announced 2 week extension to first lockdown. What a stupid idiotic decision that was...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Hi, as I said I am not asking for opinions to be stopped but some of the comments in posts go way over the top.

One I won’t even repeat as it was deleted after being reported, “ tell Tony Holohan to F*** off”, “Dr death, Ro Ro, “ask my arse Tony” and so on just to pick a few. There is worse too but they appear to thankfully get deleted.

Hi, as I said about I have no desire to **** down opinions but I strongly disagree with the personal abuse, name calling, suggestions of illegal/under hand tactics and so on being posted.

There certainly is underhanded tactical posts on Twitter and passive aggressive interviews on tv and radio. And that’s not just from NPHET, you’ve McConkey, Staines, Ryan, Killeen and last night Aoife McLysaght having total disregard for the retail, hospitality and gym owners

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

bush wrote: »
    Everyone build a little galvanise booth for themselves and stay in it

Does anyone remember that song galvanize by the chemical brothers.

• Advertisement

Is galvanize their new little special word now, cocooning is gone is it? Lol

OK so it's not a strong view composed in Shakespearian sonnet form, HOWEVER, to the tone def, the message is clear, people are fed up, desperately pi$$ed off and sick of being patronised with pats on the head followed by the usual "LET UNCLE TONY DO YOUR THINKING FOR YOU" speeches

If you feel so badly for him, why not take some of your famous fortune/trust fund, cast it aside and join NPHET pro bono, you'd be in wonderful company trying to stand up without a spine..it's quite the feat I think we'll agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

fin12 wrote: »
    Is galvanize their new little special word now, cocooning is gone is it? Lol

Lol haven’t heard that one in months. Many older and more vulnerable people were beginning to get offended by such patronizing rubbish I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭zf0wqv9oemuasj

rusty cole wrote: »

If you feel so badly for him, why not take some of your famous fortune/trust fund, cast it aside and join NPHET pro bono,.

Sorry but what is this supposed to mean, based on my post yesterday maybe but really just because a person has some savings aside through hard work and so on suddenly they have a “fortune”. It was very true of another poster recently who said the only folks allows to have opinions here are those with no money or those with money who are anti-restrictions. It’s a very unhealthy outlook that only opinions from certain, most likely biased sources are acceptable.

I have to work to pay my bills and support my family so I won’t be doing anything pro bono.

Sorry but what is this supposed to mean, based on my post yesterday maybe but really just because a person has some savings aside through hard work and so on suddenly they have a “fortune”. It was very true of another poster recently who said the only folks allows to have opinions here are those with no money or those with money who are anti-restrictions. It’s a very unhealthy outlook that only opinions from certain, most likely biased sources are acceptable.

I have to dwork to pay my bills and support my family so I won’t be doing anything pro bono.

Ur side get plenty of air time on rte / virgin media daily, so go away now and galavanize ur self under a shed to do ur utmost to please ur master Tony Holi UN.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,511 ✭✭✭Penfailed

dalyboy wrote: »
    Under a 100 cases won’t happen until May or June as this is an endemic seasonal virus.

Is it? Why are there cases in the southern hemisphere now?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »

Ohhh Pen. After 8 months you still dont know of such phenomenon as a false positive.

Your education begins today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Did you read anywhere in my post that there would be NO cases in summer seasons ? (Southern Hemisphere or elsewhere)

I must say that I am surprised that the vile comments being posted in this thread toward Dr. Holohan, NPHET and the government and so on are allowed by the board. It is a strange corner of the internet that opinions do not tally with reality where the majority of folks have the utmost respect for Dr Holohan and all those trying to keep us safe at this time.

Utmost respect? Nah. I don't know the fella. He could walk past me in the street and I wouldn't recognise him. I don't feel the need to run him down either though.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Can you be more specific and provide numbers, or population percentage, in place of 'some' and 'others'?

No.

Ohhh Pen. After 8 months you still dont know of such phenomenon as a false positive.

Your education begins today.

All those cases in the southern hemisphere are false positives?! That's mad Ted.

dalyboy wrote: »
    Did you read anywhere in my post that there would be NO cases in summer seasons ? (Southern Hemisphere or elsewhere)

Yeah, the flu is mad here every summer...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭prunudo

The same way there were limited cases here during our summer. Once its around it's hard to eradicate completely. The virus is effected by seasonal conditions such as sun light, humidity and human behaviours such as spending more time indoors in badly ventilated spaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭AssetBacked2

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/staff-rooms-a-key-risk-for-spread-of-covid-19-in-schools-health-officials-warn-1.4414623

Wow. Just wow. The teachers who complained and requested stricter social distancing and other measures to facilitate the return to schools are now being told it's the f**king staff rooms that are the problem? I'd be livid if I was a teacher.

This covysteria needs to die, but I really hope we are now starting to see the herd of public tolerance move against the NPHET and the government. The Irish people are tolerant, even when being spun yarns about covid and its supposed harm to all but a tiny, vulnerable group of people, but when it is relentless BS they will eventually throw in the towel and give up. As this is a social and economic crisis for the vast majority of people and a health crisis for the minority, tolerance for strict restrictions like we have had the past few months will hopefully just naturally fall away and the actions of people, by just getting on with life, force the hand of the government.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I honestly get a strong sense the end of the tether has been reached with this latest (and very predictably) failed lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,282 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Looking at it now it's obviously a wind up post. He's pushing too many of the right buttons for it to be an accident

Thinks the economy is fine and won't be impacted too badly, can't understand why other people don't have lots of savings, can't understand why people don't work from home or why they would want to go to work in office, (but conveniently goes in himself the odd time), thinks NPHET and Tony is doing a bang up job and shouldn't be criticised. Post lots of provocative posts that just happen to push a lot of peoples buttons.

And lives in the west.

Wonder who it could be.

The Government has wisely defused the judicial appointment controversy by declining to take further action over Séamus Woulfe. Given the far-reaching decisions it will have to make in the coming weeks on Covid restrictions and the fallout from Brexit, the public would not have forgiven it for wasting time and energy dealing with the fallout from a squabble amongst the country’s senior judges.

Decisions on if and how the country will exit from the Level 5 lockdown will be made next week. That process will require a combination of wisdom and courage from a Government which was bullied by the National Public Healthy Emergency Team (Nphet) into moving harder and faster than it had planned a month ago to no great obvious effect.

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/stephen-collins-government-must-assert-its-authority-over-nphet-1.4413793?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fopinion%2Fstephen-collins-government-must-assert-its-authority-over-nphet-1.4413793

Finally. Call a spade a spade.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/staff-rooms-a-key-risk-for-spread-of-covid-19-in-schools-health-officials-warn-1.4414623

Wow. Just wow. The teachers who complained and requested stricter social distancing and other measures to facilitate the return to schools are now being told it's the f**king staff rooms that are the problem? I'd be livid if I was a teacher.

This covysteria needs to die, but I really hope we are now starting to see the herd of public tolerance move against the NPHET and the government. The Irish people are tolerant, even when being spun yarns about covid and its supposed harm to all but a tiny, vulnerable group of people, but when it is relentless BS they will eventually throw in the towel and give up. As this is a social and economic crisis for the vast majority of people and a health crisis for the minority, tolerance for strict restrictions like we have had the past few months will hopefully just naturally fall away and the actions of people, by just getting on with life, force the hand of the government.

Also the likes of RTE can use words like "COHORT" and phrases like "non compliant" all day, the irish people are great and have huge sense of empathy for all manor of circumstance. this is a country who gave over 1 million to the ZOO in a matter of hours..while on the other side of the river, Montrose thinks we don't pay enough to keep them in champagne and Balloons...

I'd Love Virgin to dig the knife in and go after this RTE story now!

rusty cole wrote: »
    Also the likes of RTE can use words like "COHORT" and phrases like "non compliant" all day, the irish people are great and have huge sense of empathy for all manor of circumstance. this is a country who gave over 1 million to the ZOO in a matter of hours..while on the other side of the river, Montrose thinks we don't pay enough to keep them in champagne and Balloons...

I'd Love Virgin to dig the knife in and go after this RTE story now!

RTE is basically HSE 2.0.

Absolutely useless waste of taxpayers money.

In fact RTE is so inept at being commercial, they had to introduce a law for average Joe to pay annual fee and fund them.

Absolute trash.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

The Government has wisely defused the judicial appointment controversy by declining to take further action over Séamus Woulfe. Given the far-reaching decisions it will have to make in the coming weeks on Covid restrictions and the fallout from Brexit, the public would not have forgiven it for wasting time and energy dealing with the fallout from a squabble amongst the country’s senior judges.

Decisions on if and how the country will exit from the Level 5 lockdown will be made next week. That process will require a combination of wisdom and courage from a Government which was bullied by the National Public Healthy Emergency Team (Nphet) into moving harder and faster than it had planned a month ago to no great obvious effect.

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/stephen-collins-government-must-assert-its-authority-over-nphet-1.4413793?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fopinion%2Fstephen-collins-government-must-assert-its-authority-over-nphet-1.4413793

Finally. Call a spade a spade.

It's time the EU moved collectively against lockdowns. They simply don't work as effectively as believed, especially if schools remain open as has been the case this lockdown. That's before you even begin to discuss the economic and social ****storm lockdown causes. If anyone thinks restarting businesses is as simple as flicking the lights on and starting where you left off, you're in for a surprise

I'm delighted it was that smug David McCullagh as well.
    So what will they have to say for themselves?? this is the problem, who'll quiz them on it?

jon williams, more like Joseph Goebbels..

Gabriel scally was only saying on RTE (not that I agree with it) have a party then bury a friend!!
    no wonder he was shocked when he saw the pictures..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Cork2021 wrote: »
    The Taoiseach is clearly aware of this. He told his TDs during the week that he wanted Christmas to be “meaningful, enjoyable and safe”, and suggested it would “be about trusting the public with their personal behaviour”.

Someone tell Tony Holohan. He has severe distrust in the public. It's insulting tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Cork2021 wrote: »

It’s such an hilarious situation.

NPHET must have the media by the short and curlies somehow.

WTF is our democratically elected government doing sitting on their hands with saliva dribbling out of the sides of their mouths and allowing this cabal dictate policy and manipulate public opinion ??????
    Collective minds are clearly lost.

Look NPHET ...... we did it your way 4.5 weeks ago. Went full doomsday lockdown based on your NOW obviously faulty modelling.

The failure of this modelling lies 100% at your door NOT the public’s

(imagine building in FULL public lockdown compliance to an already 7 month exhausted population...... if that failure to accurately model a 1.5 BILLION euro decision occurred anywhere other than NPHET you’d be sacked and probably charged with criminal negligence)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement