Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone willing to admit they're already starting to relax restrictions?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,561 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

GreeBo wrote: »
    Nope area.
    Circumference would also be 12.5 but 12.5km, not km2

Fair enough. Presumed you meant circumference since its shows the possible size of a single loop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Wibbs wrote: »
    Very true, yet even with those clear advantages our numbers don't look so great compared to countries without those advantages that went after this virus hard and on more fronts.

511439.jpeg

Sorry dunno how to get the graph in english and for some reason pic attachments aren't working for me today.

That’s because instead of cocooning and protecting the most vulnerable in our society, what we did, was import the virus into the homes caring for out most vulnerable. Then refuse then hospital treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭mulbot

GreeBo wrote: »
    Nope area.
    Circumference would also be 12.5 but 12.5km, not km2.

It was a typo clearly, the restrictions are 2km not 1.

You don't need to use all the actual area to get considerably more an a 2km route.

It was you that stated they had that area to use, not me. I just pointed that they didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭RCK1

Around a 3rd of my 2KM area is the sea,golf courses or inaccessible feilds-I'm doing a 15km walk today,apart from crisscrossing a park once or twice,I'm not repeating my tracks so it's easily done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Then you're a selfish moronic tool. But no doubt you're so deluded you actually think you're some kind of feisty rebel, rather than a spoilt childish brat who cares about no one else's welfare.

Maybe I'm the person that shows up to save your life,
    I have to put my welfare at risk for the sake of yours, I'm aware flattening the curve doesn't change the area underneath the curve and nobody talks about that or what it means

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Shops packed today. Cant even get into the local spar for a can of coke. Garages, tesco and lidl all have a qeue system in place.

Shops packed today. Cant even get into the local spar for a can of coke. Garages, tesco and lidl all have a qeue system in place.

People have had enough. Beach was packed yesterday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

ICUs will be packed again in two weks, so.

I bet you they won’t. €20 to the winners chosen charity.

People have had enough. Beach was packed yesterday too.

Down here again today and it’s packed again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Busy here in Kilkenny- weird to not have tourists about though. Some places like Insomnia coffee shops now reopened. Bit by bit this bankrupting non sense is coming to a natural end.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

You wish- some people can't let go of the self-righteous misery can they?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭sporina

road_high wrote: »
    Busy here in Kilkenny- weird to not have tourists about though. Some places like Insomnia coffee shops now reopened. Bit by bit this bankrupting non sense is coming to a natural end.

coffee shops open? for take out only I assume?

For everyone that means about boredom or stupid restrictions this should be mandatory viewing

https://news.sky.com/video/special-report-into-the-red-zone-11967694

But my mates,getting my hair done etc......

RCK1 wrote: »
    For everyone that means about boredom or stupid restrictions this should be mandatory viewing

A video from almost a month ago. :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭JL555

Yeah it was on TV weeks ago, what's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

JL555 wrote: »
    Yeah it was on TV weeks ago, what's your point?
    Your cleaty missing it or just plain ignorant shows just how bad things can get!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭JL555

Your cleaty missing it or just plain ignorant shows just how bad things can get!!!

No, I completely understand the the content in the video, anybody who saw the video, especially when it was broadcast would too. Why would you think I am plain ignorant? I asked what's your point, not to be a smart ass, but I guess the nature of your reply demonstrates your intellectual limits to the world.

The way the British media reported on Italy and Spain when they were at the height of infection and deaths compared to the treatment of their own current crisis, which has seen deaths surpass those of Italy, has been scandalous. Where are the reports from inside the UK's various red zones? The dramatic reports from inside overrun hospitals? It's difficult to even get the figures not to mind see any criticism of the UK government's handling of the situation on the likes of the BBC and Sky News. Always ready to point the finger at others, never great to look at their own ugly reflection in the mirror.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

In the age of the internet we are completely desensitized to videos like this, it's like the videos of the African children on the tv, it's not a shock anymore. We are programmed to forget about it a minute later.

Beach was packed again yesterday. Great buzz. Walked over to the harbour then because it seemed like a good few over there. Deadly craic. Serious heat. Mental how the weather can change so drastically in 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Great to see. People have taken their lives back.

Blow the scaremongering crap out into the orbit

In twelve years of living where I am I've never seen this many cars at this tiny local beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭rolling boh

I think its fair to say guidelines or whatever have been broken for a while now by a fair number heaps of cyclists out especially last few weeks and green spaces pretty busy from what i have seen not seeing any harm really .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,313 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I do think that this weekend is the threshold for people giving in and meeting up with friends & family, travelling further than 5k etc, going my my social media news feeds anyways. Before this weekend, there was very little unnecessary movements from people I know. I'm 30.

Community transmission is very low now and I would hope that people are still being cautious by continuing to use sanitizer etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

No.ni haven't broken the rule not once.
    I'm actually amazed that I haven't but there you go:)

If someone had told me I'd be queueing for Tesco and other supermarkets and no other shops open and I'd only go to local park) graveyard/field all close to our home and I'd go to work which is just under 2km from home I'd have said they were talking out their as$.

And I've done it with a complaint:0

Having said that, I have enjoyed the quiet roads, lack of noise all around and the increase in bird song/ activity.
    It'll be sad to see the traffic increase *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Are kids allowed play with kids from other households yet?

I'm starting to see this a bit more

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Are kids allowed play with kids from other households yet?

I'm starting to see this a bit more

I see it everywhere. Most families do not care anymore.

I have still stayed within guidelines (begrudginly at this point), but one positive to come from all of this is the great sense of community in our area again.

Advertisement