Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone willing to admit they're already starting to relax restrictions?

Options
1252627282931»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭double jobbing

I'll be withdrawing a wad of cash for the first time since late March.

10 odd weeks of being a card tard is demeaning, immoral and disgraceful. Cash all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Breezin

Kiith wrote: »
    Are there still checkpoints around the country? Wanted to go for a drive tonight, but don't fancy getting pulled over outside my 5km zone.
    That would be just spiteful. Wouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭wally79

10 odd weeks of being a card tard is demeaning, immoral and disgraceful. Cash all the way.

A lot of places aren’t accepting cash at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

wally79 wrote: »
    A lot of places aren’t accepting cash at the minute
    Makes no sense, just avoid them, plenty of places that accept all payment methods.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Why it's absolutely filthy.....

I'm actually glad it's used less....

Notes stuffed down in sh1t covered pants/boxers, last 100 didn't wash their hands and touched it, dropped on floors, used to sniff some coke, found a €100 note in a toilet bowl before all crunched up...

Filth pure filth that cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'm not consciously but I do find that I don't check the daily numbers or news anymore, it's no longer really at the forefront of my mind and I'm pretty lax about the 2km.

I don't act the bollox like organise a party or something but if I need to go do something, I will do it.

This can't go on months/indefinitely, I suspect (although they mightn't admit it) that people will tire of it and just start relaxing themselves bit by bit as this goes on.

I never obeyed really, kept clean and social distanced that’s all, I work 50k away and never stopped

Don't use it then, at least we have the choice. Cash should be accepted, and if not I would avoid places that don't take cash for no particular reason.

It is the way I and many others pay for locally grown food I buy on the street in my local village.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Been watching the murder in the outback program on C4 this week, and it’s another argument for the microchip in the human body. We should have a way to locate any person in emergency situation. The sooner we start to microchip new borns and have these systems in place for next generations the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭oyvey

Been watching the murder in the outback program on C4 this week, and it’s another argument for the microchip in the human body. We should have a way to locate any person in emergency situation. The sooner we start to microchip new borns and have these systems in place for next generations the better.

...anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭lickalot

Why it's absolutely filthy.....

I'm actually glad it's used less....

Notes stuffed down in sh1t covered pants/boxers, last 100 didn't wash their hands and touched it, dropped on floors, used to sniff some coke, found a €100 note in a toilet bowl before all crunched up...

Handing in a fiver and eating wedges or tayto's makes me sick. See people constantly at it.

For all we know someone could have been snorting coke out of someones arse with it or dropped on a jacks floor

• Advertisement

Who cares.. It's good for your body to get exposed to stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭JJJackal

Cash should not be removed

However card payment should be encouraged for all transactions even for a penny sweet (if you could buy one for a penny!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭VonLuck

JJJackal wrote: »
    Cash should not be removed

However card payment should be encouraged for all transactions even for a penny sweet (if you could buy one for a penny!!)

I don't know why anyone would choose cash over card. So much easier to track your spending.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭growleaves

VonLuck wrote: »
    I don't know why anyone would choose cash over card. So much easier to track your spending.

Can you elaborate on this? I would have thought a card would leave an electronic trail in each place its been used. How then is cash more easily track able?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Think you've misread it, he's saying same thing as you.

growleaves wrote: »
    Can you elaborate on this? I would have thought a card would leave an electronic trail in each place its been used. How then is cash more easily track able?

He's saying card is easier to track.

He's saying card is easier to track.

which isn't good

maybe for the user to keep an eye on spending, but you must factor in data analysts can also track every habit you have and even draw conclusions about you based on data which in turn can influence back decisions, "oh i see he's had a goos salary but he's clearly a cocaine addict" etc

which isn't good

maybe for the user to keep an eye on spending, but you must factor in data analysts can also track every habit you have and even draw conclusions about you based on data which in turn can influence back decisions, "oh i see he's had a goos salary but he's clearly a cocaine addict" etc

I prefer cash. Used to be talk way back that banks would be more reluctant to give mortgages if you were spanking money into gambling sites.

I prefer cash. Used to be talk way back that banks would be more reluctant to give mortgages if you were spanking money into gambling sites.
    Or your car insurance increase because you spend money on a few drinks per week.

Or your health insurance refused because you are a smoker. Or eating too much tasty junk food. Etc...

just to add to the previous two posts

banks now look at overall behavior, best not to do the lotto online, use bank links in pubs or join a gambling site

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

just to add to the previous two posts

banks now look at overall behavior, best not to do the lotto online, use bank links in pubs or join a gambling site

One of my best mates wife's is a bank manager. They do not go searching for lotto, gambling or drinklink transactions :D:D:D:D

If there is a significant amount of money being wasted on these things, it'l be a red flag. But if its once a week doing an accy or lotto it'll make no difference to your application. I asked her because I have a Paddy Power account myself and tap in my local rather than taking cash out. She said they wouldn't make a jot of difference if I was applying for a big loan/mortgage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

no one i know is following the ridiculous travel restrictions anyway, absolute and utter rubbish of the highest order, the virus almost gone and they expect people to stay within 20km, i dont think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭oyvey

jonnny68 wrote: »
    no one i know is following the ridiculous travel restrictions anyway, absolute and utter rubbish of the highest order, the virus almost gone and they expect people to stay within 20km, i dont think so.

I'm probably more willing to travel a little beyond the restrictions as well. But I don't think "the virus almost gone" makes the restrictions ridiculous. It's just that after so many weeks of being careful, most of us are savvy enough now when it comes to taking the necessary precautions, so the travel restrictions don't seem as necessary (again, I say most, not everyone is doing what they should be doing so the restrictions are there to help mitigate that).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭JJJackal

VonLuck wrote: »

I wouldnt prefer cash. I prefer card.

However, I like the option of cash. Eg if your at a market or car boot sale or some such cash is likely going to be the best means of payment for some time

Also if you want to back a horse, I would pay paddy power with a card (why risk it re mortgage etc)

Advertisement