Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone willing to admit they're already starting to relax restrictions?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Blaze420 should probably lay off the weed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Doff wrote: »
    Blaze420 should probably lay off the weed

You should probably lay off your nightly lines of Tony Holohan, that **** will rot your brain ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 917 ✭✭✭MickeyLeari

I have largely stayed compliant. I will argue against but I am a good citizen.

But if there is a travel ban in place at the beginning of July from Covid free zones and our numbers are still very low I will be disgusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭wally79

I have largely stayed compliant. I will argue against but I am a good citizen.

But if there is a travel ban in place at the beginning of July from Covid free zones and our numbers are still very low I will be disgusted.

Nice try Mr. O’Leary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

We have fairly strictly stuck with "The Rules".
    We live on a main road so no kids outside playing in communal areas to contend with.
    We have stuck to the 2km/5km.
    Our Kids have not met up with friends.
    We were invited to 2 different BBQs by friends. Said no to both.
    I want to see my elderly mother and my sister both with underlying health conditions but they live much further than even 20km from here.
    So we will wait and stick to "The Rules" and hope for the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

SNNUS wrote: »
    Because with life is risk and staying indoors forever is not living.

Isn't it? There's not a whole lot more to do out there than there is at home.
    I have books, music and food at home. I can work from home. All I'm missing out on is queuing in shops or crowded beaches, garden centres or hardware stores. Hardly the staples of "living".
    But I do know that if any of my immediate family get it, they're done for due to respiratory illnesses. Once I see no new cases for 20 days, I might begin to think differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Blaze420 wrote: »
    You should probably lay off your nightly lines of Tony Holohan, that **** will rot your brain ;)

I've not actually been following the news/updates, but nice try.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭micks_address

And what if there’s no vaccine?

Don't know.. will have to see how it plays out. Just don't want to be the one accused of bringing the virus down from Dublin and making parents or elderly relations sick... There's strong chance we might do a day trip in August maybe sit out in the garden and have lunch and chat for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

After seeing the protest March in Dublin restrictions are finished as far as I am concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭JL555

seasonal flue is irrelevant, there is no comparison between it and covid19.

yes, for you.
    the rest of us got real ages ago.

unless you don't actually know that you are high risk.
    also, if enough people had got this, or even still do so, even though they will in all likely hood recover, it could be enough to overwhelm the health system.

to allow that to happen, restrictions have to be implemented hence they were.

and that is what we are doing, reintroducing normality, except in a responsible manner.
    and no doubt things will be speeded up a bit for the final parts, but quite rightly it won't be on the basis of people going on a rager on boards.ie

We are all so fortunate to have wisdom such as yours to reflect on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

ICUs will be packed again in two weks, so.

Here we are a month later and ICUs are not packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Feels to me that the feeling out there is that coronavirus is old boring news and SD is out the door

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

JL555 wrote: »
    We are all so fortunate to have wisdom such as yours to reflect on.

you are indeed.
    glad to hear you are extremely appreciative.
    Here we are a month later and ICUs are not packed.

which is great, and is one thing allowing us to reopen in a responsible manner.
    but it doesn't mean this couldn't come back hard, so far it doesn't seem to have done so in other countries, but there is no room for complacency either, this isn't just going to go away by the looks of things.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭micks_address

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Had a great weekend in my native donegal. Trip back to Dublin today :D what restrictions? Never met a single soul all weekend either. Kept to ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,240 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Hosted a BBQ on Saturday at our place and went to another one yesterday. Great to meet up with people again.

Anyone who's still living in a fear-cave and listening to Uncle Tony at this stage, needs their head examined.

The Govt may have the power to wreck the economy, and boy are they doing that, but they can't stop people living their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/ireland/ . given the reuters article and the graphs from worldofmeters, it seems fairly evident that this thing has largely passed by. I'd still be cautious if I was elderly or visiting elderly or vunerable people

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

wow, and thats Reuters, wouldn't usually be known for the sensationalism ... still though, I will be cautiously optimistic.

These next few weeks will be crucial - especially here in Spain , the amount of packed terraces I see and beer drinking, yapping ... PERO BUENO ..... if no spikes are seen in the next few weeks, lets see ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,316 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

pretty much ignoring the 5km limit for excercise but dont really need to go outside the 5km for any shopping or other purchase, office still closed but have a lot of work piling up i need to get doing in there but cant do that until uk office goes back.

supporting local takeaways and restaurants where i can ! :D ( oh the hardship)
    CBear1993 wrote: »
    Had a great weekend in my native donegal. Trip back to Dublin today :D what restrictions? Never met a single soul all weekend either. Kept to ourselves.

didnt see any checkpoints when out on sunday, local beaches were closed but the amount of rubbish left on them i think a lot of people ignored the restrictions. just lazy form the council instead of trying to manage it they close the biggest open spaces we have in the north west on the hottest days we have had in years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Breezin

That's quite something. Hopefully, the journalistic geniuses running our various newsrooms will have their Reuters feed turned on and will put it to some use in challenging our unique collection of lockdown hardliners.

It will make a change from their role thus far as state megaphone departments.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,892 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Hosted a BBQ on Saturday at our place and went to another one yesterday. Great to meet up with people again.

Anyone who's still living in a fear-cave and listening to Uncle Tony at this stage, needs their head examined.

The Govt may have the power to wreck the economy, and boy are they doing that, but they can't stop people living their lives.

Even some like yourself that do not give a monkeys if they are the cause of others losing theirs.

charlie14 wrote: »
    Even some like yourself that do not give a monkeys if they are the cause of others losing theirs.

What the weather like in the fear-cave?

It's lovely out in the real-world, you should try it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

I’m in Dublin city at the moment and it’s the busiest I’ve seen it in months. A couple of pubs I’ve passed have doors open. A lot of cafes, ice cream shops etc open. Lots of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,892 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

What the weather like in the fear-cave?

It's lovely out in the real-world, you should try it

I cannot decide if you really are as clueless as you appear to be, or if it is just the macho strutting of yet another anonymous keyboard warrior.

SusanC10 wrote: »
    I want to see my elderly mother and my sister both with underlying health conditions but they live much further than even 20km from here.
    So we will wait and stick to "The Rules" and hope for the best.

This one is killing me too. I have an elderly mother about 160km away who lives alone.

Really at this stage it is becoming an essential journey to go to see her - with proper precautions of course - but yanno golf and hairdressing is more important.

charlie14 wrote: »
    I cannot decide if you really are as clueless as you appear to be, or if it is just the macho strutting of yet another anonymous keyboard warrior.

First one.
    Hard men don’t eat BBQ. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭oyvey

I get that you want to live your life like normal and you're going to do it, but can't you just get on with it and STFU?

oyvey wrote: »
    I get that you want to live your life like normal and you're going to do it, but can't you just get on with it and STFU?

Why don't you read the thread title and STFU with the backseat Modding?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭oyvey

Why don't you read the thread title and STFU with the backseat Modding?

Ok, I see why you can't STFU now. It's a congenital disorder. I'm sorry, I wish you all the best in life with it. Goodbye.

Advertisement