Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compulsory HCAP - Cancelled

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 314 ✭✭Walter Mittys Brother

There's already a setup here based out of Courtlough https://ifhta.ie/ offering some of that stuff.

Country Sports Ireland, isn't Midlands range tied in with them. Seen an announcement that JP got an appointment with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

There's already a setup here based out of Courtlough https://ifhta.ie/ offering some of that stuff.

Country Sports Ireland, isn't Midlands range tied in with them. Seen an announcement that JP got an appointment with them.

From solocheck.ie :

rish Firearms & Hunter Training Academy Limited was set up on Wednesday the 6th of May 2015. Their current address is Co. Dublin, and the company status is Normal. The company's current directors Albertus Hanekom Valentyn and Declan Keogh have been the director of 1 other Irish company between them.

gunny123 wrote: »
    From solocheck.ie :

rish Firearms & Hunter Training Academy Limited was set up on Wednesday the 6th of May 2015. Their current address is Co. Dublin, and the company status is Normal. The company's current directors Albertus Hanekom Valentyn and Declan Keogh have been the director of 1 other Irish company between them.

Is that the same Declan Keogh on the NASRPC thread listed as a committee member of same?

Isn't he sitting on FCP too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Somewhere in the world of boards did we not discuss at length under I think the Sports Coalition of vested interests thread this same training academy?? I must say even inspector clusoe could draw some parallels and conclusions here.

Somewhere in the world of boards did we not discuss at length under I think the Sports Coalition of vested interests thread this same training academy?? I must say even inspector clusoe could draw some parallels and conclusions here.

It rings a bell alright.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Here, and not to sound like a snowflake, but i got tongue lashed and raked over the coals for even asking why such a place is being set up (and it was a genuine curiosity at the time, given the proposals from the so called coalition).
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Cass wrote: »
    Here, and not to sound like a snowflake, but i got tongue lashed and raked over the coals for even asking why such a place is being set up (and it was a genuine curiosity at the time, given the proposals from the so called coalition).

The usual motivation behind most things Cass, money.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

Is that the same Declan Keogh on the NASRPC thread listed as a committee member of same?

Isn't he sitting on FCP too?

Anything in this country on conflict of interest ?.
    Its a bit irish that a person sets up a company for the purposes of training shooters who also sits on a panel who are doing their best to get mandatory training for shooters enacted.
    Hhmmm vested interest.

Thanks for finding that thread ;)

I reckon the reason for it has become all too clear :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

funny thing is some lads have being hunting deer way before these idoits got their grubby hands on to these organisations and they still expected them to sit a course makes me laugh anyway. they got their answer so they will move on to the next plan to screw the ordinary shoot in the ass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ayagerard

Hunter456 wrote: »
    funny thing is some lads have being hunting deer way before these idoits got their grubby hands on to these organisations and they still expected them to sit a course makes me laugh anyway. they got their answer so they will move on to the next plan to screw the ordinary shoot in the ass

the more the merrier :p **** them will leave a lot head scratchers asking why did we get into this, ! who said this was a good idea, where, where, where, is all the money! we were sa post make, like the alliance if they are stupid enough to put all their eggs in this basket they are deserving of what they get ,the scum always rises to the top of the soup when it starts to boil what bothers me all of these dimwits have companies dating back to 2015 knew this **** was coming down the line and we were just lucky enough to find out before it was rushed, or pushed, through behind our backs,. where a chosen few are trying to DICTATE to all for their own profit this can never again be allowed to happen dictatorship has no place in democracy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,955 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Just in lunchtime news

Mr Varadkar promoted high profile backbench TD Josepha Madigan, of Dublin Rathdown, to take over from Ms Humphreys at the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht.

Well, sorry folks it definitely looks like back to the drawing board for anymore and one chancing their arms with fiendish plots.:p

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭garrettod

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Just in lunchtime news

Mr Varadkar promoted high profile backbench TD Josepha Madigan, of Dublin Rathdown, to take over from Ms Humphreys at the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht.

Well, sorry folks it definitely looks like back to the drawing board for anymore and one chancing their arms with fiendish plots.:p

I would have concerns that Ms. Madigan knows no more about hunting than Ms. Humphreys did.... which means, fear the worst my friend !

Thanks,

G.

With no due respect at all, she couldn't know less.

How a Minister thought she could give a "nod" to a private body to run a mandatory course with no tender, no data protection, no license, no regulation, no background check, no planning, no foresight, and most importantly no change to legislation is beyond belief.

In case anyone is still of the mind that she could ask yourself why she immediately pushed the date back. She knew she messed up and had to do some serious back peddling and the fact the deer crowd were so pissed means they got no heads up.

I hope Minister Madigan has previous knowledge or experience as it may actually help us. She'll see the need for better implementation of such courses and changes. I, with bated breath, welcome her to the position. Only time will tell how it goes.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

With no due respect at all, she couldn't know less.

How a Minister thought she could give a "nod" to a private body to run a mandatory course with no tender, no data protection, no license, no regulation, no background check, no planning, no foresight, and most importantly no change to legislation is beyond belief.

In case anyone is still of the mind that she could ask yourself why she immediately pushed the date back. She knew she messed up and had to do some serious back peddling and the fact the deer crowd were so pissed means they got no heads up.

I hope Minister Madigan has previous knowledge or experience as it may actually help us. She'll see the need for better implementation of such courses and changes. I, with bated breath, welcome her to the position. Only time will tell how it goes.

We are in a de facto run up to an election.

Orders from on-high will be to not rock the boat.

[QUOTE=Cass;

I hope Minister Madigan has previous knowledge or experience as it may actually help us. She'll see the need for better implementation of such courses and changes. I, with bated breath, welcome her to the position. Only time will tell how it goes.[/QUOTE]

i honestly think we know more about the planet mars than mrs madaigan knows about deer conservation , but Bambi every one knows Bambi we see her on tv , mrs madaigan wil be like a puppet for a while til she gets her feet under her and sees how things work internally in the department with a lot of advice , some recommendations and others stating mandatory certification imminent ,puppets will always bow to who ever pulls the string the hardest, with a new minister we must be very careful not knowing which side of the fence she is sitting yeat ,but by all means keep a very tight pull on the rope even if it is tied to a winkers as it is the only way of keeping control of this vehicle
    what we need now is along with having our vice heard first , we need to show the minister how dis-functional the the idmf really is how disconnected from the average man on the ground they are, with only their own self benefit being sought, all the proposals put forward in 2015 have not met in 2 years nods and winks phone calls absent members , non profit, organizations , groups, alliances, all these people want is money , easy money ,
    which of the proposals put forward by the above mentioned , will be of benefit to the following issues, safety, conservation, poaching , implementation, what benefit to the npws , the answer is a very creditable nought, nothing, zero, common sense is getting very scarce on our little island ,every thing has to be over engineered,to its own determent what we need is more rangers with resources to implement the laws they have, count the deer so as we all know what is on the ground , prosecute poachers with fines up to 10,000 but what chance of that when you see cattle rustlers getting off on suspended sentences ,with all proceeds going back to the npws and wardens moved around to the different counties on a regular bases a couple of weeks at a time nothing permanent , now if a minister wanted to do some good these would be a good starting point if she had a minute to spare due to her other pressing work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭garrettod

ezra_ wrote: »
    We are in a de facto run up to an election.

While I think you may be right, I very much doubt that it applies to the shooting community, after all ... we're the bad guys ! :mad:

Thanks,

G.

I live in madigans constituency. She has a reputation that makes margaret thatcher seem like a drippy leftie, which is hardly surprising seeing as veruca appointed her.

Good.Then at least we know what we are dealing with, a hardass, or one thats trying to build a reputation of one.However, she claims to be a mediator as well,so then she is going to have to listen intently to both sides of the table.
    So we had better have some very straight and to the point points to hit her with,and we also need some solutions that are mostly in our favour as well.

So who is going to go do the talking for us ?After all these organisations we have just shot down are supposedly the lot representing us? NARGC....? Frying pan ,fire,springs to mind on that.
    So whats the next step?Tempus is fugiting as they say...

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

And long may it continue that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,658 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I wonder what the new Ministers approach to all this will be?? - not many deer in D4!!;)

Nope.

We don't register on their radar most days and barely a blip others. Just a case of a previous Minister overextending her authority. Like when Fitzgerald said she could ban guns without a compensation system in place. Didn't understand the basics between ownership and licensing.

So Ministers are not infallible.
    gunny123 wrote: »
    I live in madigans constituency. She has a reputation that makes margaret thatcher seem like a drippy leftie, which is hardly surprising seeing as veruca appointed her.
    The ball has been set rolling on a general election. We'll most likely see one by March even with Fitzgerald doing her "placating" resignation.
    So who is going to go do the talking for us ?After all these organisations we have just shot down are supposedly the lot representing us?
    Everyone.

The Wild Deer Association of Ireland, Deer Alliance, Irish Deer Society, Wicklow Deer Society, Coilte and NPWS were the ones that invented this and tried to push this mandatory HCAP on us.

So while we might not know who can represent us yet, we should be mindful of who exactly it was that tried to shaft us.
    Birdnuts wrote: »
    I wonder what the new Ministers approach to all this will be?? - not many deer in D4!!;)
    She doesn't need to know much or anything as long as she is more willing to hold open discussions and not just listen the bias of the invested groups. Self appointed groups at that. IOW a few lads that got together and set up a group.

They are STILL trying it on!:mad: Dec11th 2017 post. Got some thick necks is all I can say.

HCAP Certification is required for all Coillte Licensees and all Coillte Nominated Stalkers and from 1st January 2018 HCAP certification will be required for all NEW first-time Deer Hunting Licence (DHL) applicants regardless of whether they are hunting on Coillte forest property or on private land. Existing DHL holders hunting on private land will have a grace period of five years from 1st January 2018 to obtain HCAP Certification.

What do they not understand in this"Your remit is Coilte forests.Not the entire countryside."

They are STILL trying it on!:mad: Dec11th 2017 post. Got some thick necks is all I can say.

HCAP Certification is required for all Coillte Licensees and all Coillte Nominated Stalkers and from 1st January 2018 HCAP certification will be required for all NEW first-time Deer Hunting Licence (DHL) applicants regardless of whether they are hunting on Coillte forest property or on private land. Existing DHL holders hunting on private land will have a grace period of five years from 1st January 2018 to obtain HCAP Certification.

What do they not understand in this"Your remit is Coilte forests.Not the entire countryside."

Who is they in this case?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭RossiFan08

Who is they in this case?

The Deer Alliance, new post on their blog stating the above.

http://deeralliance.ie/blog/

Second paragraph

RossiFan08 wrote: »
    The Deer Alliance, new post on their blog stating the above.

http://deeralliance.ie/blog/

Second paragraph

Well if wishes were horses... Luckily for the rest of us, what they say carries as much weight as my left foot.

I also like how they seem to have published the names of people who own deer calibre rifles on their blog...

DA/HCAP Blog

those lovely people that were counting all our money, i hope they can afford some gravy to go with the turkey as it looks kinda of dry from where i am standing , no man as blind as the man that dont want to see springs to mind , but they acknowledged the statement made by minister humph fries at the time so what are they playing at now with it kicked down the road for 2 years at least are they that dishonest :mad:

Well if wishes were horses... Luckily for the rest of us, what they say carries as much weight as my left foot.
    Not as many as you think.

In the last week i've found three people and two groups/clubs posting about the "mandatory" course in January. The word has not spread far enough.
    I also like how they seem to have published the names of people who own deer calibre rifles on their blog...
    Always found that odd. Goes back to the Data protection issue. They do it every year before each test and will publish a new list for those doing the range test. So now you know people and where they'll be with firearms on a set date.

• Advertisement

i wouldn't be to happy with that a few names on there that wouldn't be to hard to track down but i suppose they cant afford to be sending out texts or posting letters, at least i wont be having nightmares about seeing my name on there ,
    i also hope these guys doing their ( exam ) know they only need this on coillte leases

Advertisement