Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Martin McGuinness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,114 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

timthumbni wrote: »
    Ffs Francis. I would be a strange loyalist who lump the dickhead loyalist terrorists along with the clown republican Ira terrorists. Please don't tell me you have an aunt in south Armagh like that other poster so that's how you know things somehow...

I have already said I have no issue with Arlene going to the funeral. I also said it wouldn't have bothered me if she hadn't went either. I'm not really for these modern xfactor style funerals anyway. I go to the funerals of those I know. Not some politician, sportsman or singer that I didn't know personally.

Yeh yeh great Tim but you constantly spout the loyalist victim spiel. Like your concentration on corpse waving the victims of one side. We all know the tragedy created victims on all sides.
    Moderate Unionist? I meet them everyday of the week and you ain't one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Yes. You're not exactly a moderate unionist though. More the Jim Allister end of the spectrum. It's a real pity that young liberal Unionists go to university in Britain and don't come back.

Maybe we should have some sort of scholarship system in universities in the south to encourage young unionists to stay in Ireland so they could replace the old guard in the north.

As I said tom I do a lot more for making this wee country better than you do from sniping on the old tinternet from a very safe distance. I fully utilise integrated education in NI. ''Tis easy to sit 100s of miles away lobbing internet dummy grenades but at least I do something practical. I despise the Ira, the uvf and all the other paramilitary groupings. That's not a crime. They are the ones that need to ask forgiveness. I don't have to accept their actions at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Ffs Francis. I would be a strange loyalist who lump the dickhead loyalist terrorists along with the clown republican Ira terrorists. Please don't tell me you have an aunt in south Armagh like that other poster so that's how you know things somehow...

I have already said I have no issue with Arlene going to the funeral. I also said it wouldn't have bothered me if she hadn't went either. I'm not really for these modern xfactor style funerals anyway. I go to the funerals of those I know. Not some politician, sportsman or singer that I didn't know personally.

Ya ya, how come you had an xfactor funeral for billy the bollocks? Since he was a drug pusher and all that, him and that other ponce adare, what's the craic with that? Why did you lot kill each other indiscriminately? Why didn't you focus on the IRA? instead of gangbanging in prison.?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Barring the fundamentalist christian stuff I think they would be a real asset in the Dail. Our heritage is important and they are part of it.

I truly believe that we'd all have benefitted if the island hadn't been partitioned and we'd have had a strong Protestant presence in our institutions.

The RCC wouldn't have wielded the power it once abused and the north wouldn't have had Protestants abusing thier dominant position.

Ireland might have had a much bigger population and the Dublin-Belfast corridor could have become an economic powerhouse conurbation.

Maybe in the future...

Yeh yeh great Tim but you constantly spout the loyalist victim spiel. Like your concentration on corpse waving the victims of one side. We all know the tragedy created victims on all sides.
    Moderate Unionist? I meet them everyday of the week and you ain't one.

That's because I've never saw a thread on here set up to massage the nuts of loyalist murderers. If there was one don't worry I would be there slagging them off too. I have a feeling that you wouldn't apply the same pathetic arguments there though. I would.....

I meet moderate nationalists every day of the week and I can assure you that you "ain't one" either chum... see how this works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bigbrotherfan

That's because I've never saw a thread on here set up to massage the nuts of loyalist murderers. If there was one don't worry I would be there slagging them off too. I have a feeling that you wouldn't apply the same pathetic arguments there though. I would.....

I meet moderate nationalists every day of the week and I can assure you that you "ain't one" either chum... see how this works.
    I thought this was supposed to be a thread about Martin McGuinness R.I.P.. Talk about off topic....

Pull the other one, you're sitting there with your bib on...

Pull the other one, you're sitting there with your bib on...
    I rest my case.

Ya ya, how come you had an xfactor funeral for billy the bollocks? Since he was a drug pusher and all that, him and that other ponce adare, what's the craic with that? Why did you lot kill each other indiscriminately? Why didn't you focus on the IRA? instead of gangbanging in prison.?

Oh god. Now we have a drunk republican on the prowl with a far out relative (maybe an aunt we aren't sure) in NI apparently (lol) who himself seems to be homophobic though it's hard to translate the ramblings.

"Gangbanging" suggests you watch too many yank tv shows too my man. Your south Armagh aunt would probably approve of more eastenders...

I fully utilise integrated education in NI.

Big deal. If I had my way all education would be integrated and all religion would be banned from all schools that receive public money and religious schools would be strictly regulated.

• Advertisement

Big deal. If I had my way all education would be integrated and all religion would be banned from all schools that receive public money and religious schools would be strictly regulated.

What has this got to do with Martin McGuinness, R.I.P.? This thread is gone way off topic.

Good stuff Tom.

So what exactly are you doing about it big balls??? (To others that's a common Norn Iron bit of slagging) I'm doing my bit, big deal or not to you.

Or is your big deal sitting posting about it on the internet and then forgetting about it in the morning??

Oh god. Now we have a drunk republican on the prowl with a far out relative (maybe an aunt we aren't sure) in NI apparently (lol) who himself seems to be homophobic though it's hard to translate the ramblings.

"Gangbanging" suggests you watch too many yank tv shows too my man. Your south Armagh aunt would probably approve of more eastenders...

Ya don't drink anymore, gave it up a few years back because I didn't like it. It's fairly well established that ye boys bummed each other indiscriminately in the UDA wing. Even Johnny Adare admitted to this. The shock on his face when he came to Dublin and saw Irish people were normal......it changed him I think, not you though:)

What has this got to do with Martin McGuinness, R.I.P.? This thread is gone way off topic.

Goodnight.

Goodnight.

Sleep well.

Ya don't drink anymore, gave it up a few years back because I didn't like it. It's fairly well established that ye boys bummed each other indiscriminately in the UDA wing. Even Johnny Adare admitted to this. The shock on his face when he came to Dublin and saw Irish people were normal......it changed him I think, not you though:)

I hate using Facebook speak but........

OMG.....................

I'm not sure how to break this to you kiddo, but gerrys brother was into something that was slightly more illegal. Did your granny not tell you about that one?

You have a curious way of expressing yourself then. I have always accepted that the IRA did some awful things and the likelihood that McGuinness did some awful things.
    What I will not accept is that that happened in isolation or that it happened without a motive.
    Churchill did some awful things to win his war but he is lionised and his dubious history is ignored.
    McGuinnes did nothing different to Churchill, everyone in that church accepted that.
    That is the reality you have to deal with as details of British collusion, the Glennane gang etc etc come out.
    What the IRA did is not suppressed or hidden or covered up. They have taken responsibility warts and all.
    A little bit of humility Tim might suit you better. But I sense you know that.

I hate using Facebook speak but........

OMG.....................

I'm not sure how to break this to you kiddo, but gerrys brother was into something that was slightly more illegal. Did your granny not tell you about that one?

What's that got to do with republicans? The general public in every walk of life were at this shíte in the 70's, 80's and 90's. It wasn't a republican thing, there's muppets in every family regardless of their political leanings.

What's that got to do with republicans? The general public in every walk of life were at this shíte in the 70's, 80's and 90's. It wasn't a republican thing, there's muppets in every family regardless of their political leanings.
    Totally agree.

You have a curious way of expressing yourself then. I have always accepted that the IRA did some awful things and the likelihood that McGuinness did some awful things.
    What I will not accept is that that happened in isolation or that it happened without a motive.
    Churchill did some awful things to win his war but he is lionised and his dubious history is ignored.
    McGuinnes did nothing different to Churchill, everyone in that church accepted that.
    That is the reality you have to deal with as details of British collusion, the Glennane gang etc etc come out.
    What the IRA did is not suppressed or hidden or covered up. They have taken responsibility warts and all.
    A little bit of humility Tim might suit you better. But I sense you know that.

Your expelling too much air on this fool.

• Advertisement

So what exactly are you doing about it big balls???

I support Educate Together. We raised a few quid for one of their schools recently albiet in a roundabout way via a tragedy. If I had my way all church-owned school property would seized and turned over to the state in Ireland and all education would be secularized.
    (To others that's a common Norn Iron bit of slagging).

You're grand, I'm not particularly thin-skinned. Just be careful though - the mods might take offence on someone else's behalf! :pac:

There is a programme on BbC 4 right now which illustrates what we are discussing.
    There is a famous soldier ( I don't remember his name) who got horribly burned when the Galahad ship was sunk in the Malvina's. It was all about his injury, the deaths of his colleagues but there was not a mention of what they were on their way to do, the exact same thing to the other side. The one-sided history and glory of war on the TV right now. Brought to you by the BBC.
    Let us write a real history.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

Why Malvinas? They were originally named the Falkland Islands. The later Spanish name came from the conquistadors who ravaged and colonised South America, leaving Argentina with the lowest population of native Amerindians in the South American continent. Prior to the British (Scottish) landing the Islands didn't have a name as indigenous South Americans had never gone near the place.

greenflash wrote: »
    Why Malvinas? They were originally named the Falkland Islands. The later Spanish name came from the conquistadors who ravaged and colonised South America, leaving Argentina with the lowest population of native Amerindians in the South American continent. Prior to the British (Scottish) landing the Islands didn't have a name as indigenous South Americans had never gone near the place.

I prefer to call them by the name used by those most entitled to them. Or more entitled than colonists half the world away.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

I prefer to call them by the name used by those most entitled to them. Or more entitled than colonists half the world away.

Nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Hamlet.

RIP one of the few great Irishmen who were left.

Sadly this island consists of nothing but an American ideology and a British culture.

Some of the comments from major media outlets about him this weeks have been nothing short of shameful, vile propaganda and brainwashing of the highest order. The world terrorists throughout history have been the British, let's not mention their involvement in these islands, India or Iran though.

They chastise a man for joining the IRA in retaliation for unprovoked attacks from their government. Yet the outrage over the car crash in London this week sums it all up. Countless acts of oppression, greed and ravaging nations yet in their minds they will always be blameless and somehow victims. When you understand the disgusting behaviour of the British down the centuries in every country, not just ours, you'll see the blatant hypocrisy and entitled option that they have of themselves. What happened this week in London is nothing more than the chickens coming home to roost.

His involvement and courage down the years means that it is now inevitable that I will see a united Ireland in my lifetime.

Thank you Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Hamlet. wrote: »

His involvement and courage down the years means that it is now inevitable that I will see a united Ireland in my lifetime.

Thank you Martin.

There will be no united anything whilst that sort of one sided prophecy exists ( it smacks of " we will win"). We will all lose together until that rethoric is buried by both sides.

Our friends in the North/Norn Iron should have the support and efforts of all guarantors of the peace process, without coercion ,to go this way or that way,together . Without fear of going this way or that way,together.

Who knows what they will decide on together ,if /when they come together.

IF I was them I'd take the best world on offer ( on any given date in their future) ,with options to switch between worlds if they wish. They have suffered enough..and all the space and options, that all guarantors can afford them, should be theirs to navigate together, for their agreed interests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

There is a programme on BbC 4 right now which illustrates what we are discussing.
    There is a famous soldier ( I don't remember his name) who got horribly burned when the Galahad ship was sunk in the Malvina's.

Simon Weston CBE of the Welsh Guards is the man you speak of. He suffered 46% burns when the Sir Galahad was struck by an Argentine missile @ Bluff Cove in the Falkland Islands.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The Argies were completely in the wrong of course. The history of the Falklands is very complex but there's one thing which has been known for the past 50 years. The natives are members of a British Overseas Territory and they want to be that way. The last referendum on the islands was something like 99% in favour of remaining with the brits.

If the Argiies had just fcuked off at the time many lives wouldn't have been lost.

You challenge the British at your peril, they're the Bulldogs and they won't let go! They'll defeat you first and then will fcuk you in the ass. Just to make sure that you will never look sideways at them again

Dresden.

The Belgrano.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I agree with the 1st two paragraphs of post 960.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement