Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Martin McGuinness

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

timthumbni wrote: »
    Are you aware of what loyalist normally refers to???

GTFO, it's different times now, originally it was Loyalist- a supporter of the sovereign or of the existing government, especially in time of revolt.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,300 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Loved the sf branding on show. Why waste a good funeral ehh? Was waiting on Gerry advising everyone watching to visit www. Sf.com to buy exclusive Marty key rings. Target audience idiotic Irish Americans especially welcome.

And as for the mcguinness was not a terrorist but a freedom fighter fantasy I almost smiled when I heard that. Nice going Gerry. You'll have unionists eating out of your hand with that guff. Long live Gerry I say...

Knobhead.

Let me know if you want to know any other basic info regarding NI.

Looking forward to reading the book when you publish it Tim. Heres a suggestion for the front cover.

9f571e85933c159addcf16c0b749de6a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

I will post this again in the hope Tim takes on board what it means about his miseducation.
    412742.jpg

You have posted it that much I'm surprised cain haven't had the solicitors around your door... have you any comment aside from posting a table that covers over 3-4 years from cain???? Before you reply I will warn you that I consider loyalists to be just as much terrorists as the Ira and other republican groups of violence so I will be interested where you are going here.

For balance can you also post a table of the total killings over this period in NI, not just civilians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

If you all want have arguments over who killed who and how often the CAIN index of deaths have an on this day feature..visit it every day over the course of the year and you start to get an idea

lawred2 wrote: »
    Knobhead.

Great input... bravo lawred2..... much love.. ;-)

GTFO, it's different times now, originally it was Loyalist- a supporter of the sovereign or of the existing government, especially in time of revolt.

I'm well aware of the old meanings. But in all my days in NI, (Born and bred) I have never heard anyone referring to a school as loyalist. It would be like me refer to a catholic school as a republican school. But you do have a relation in south Armagh so I'm sure you know best. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 67,490 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You have posted it that much I'm surprised cain haven't had the solicitors around your door... have you any comment aside from posting a table that covers over 3-4 years from cain???? Before you reply I will warn you that I consider loyalists to be just as much terrorists as the Ira and other republican groups of violence so I will be interested where you are going here.

For balance can you also post a table of the total killings over this period in NI, not just civilians.

I linked the article originally and commented on it. That was the second time I posted it when I referred it to you. You clearly seen it the first time and when others reposted it but your first post was to try and list the deaths caused by one side. And the most emotive ones to boot, corpse waving as Tom called it. That speaks volumes Tim, you know that don't you? You do, the desperation oozes out of every post.

I posted the article in relation to how our media were covering Martin's death, I have no real interest in analysing the figures with somebody so pathetically intent on slanting them. Thanks a!l the same.

I'm well aware of the old meanings. But in all my days in NI, (Born and bred) I have never heard anyone referring to a school as loyalist. It would be like me refer to a catholic school as a republican school. But you do have a relation in south Armagh so I'm sure you know best. ;-)

Wullie Frazer did it about a school flying the Italian flag. He aligns with your view of the conflict, you must be chuffed? :D imagine being on Willie's side of history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I consider loyalists to be just as much terrorists as the Ira.

Yet you refuse to acknowledge that there was systemic collusion between the RUC/UDR/BA and so-called 'loyalists'. Here's one gang of murderers, bombers and colluders for you to consider: 'The Glenanne Gang'

John Oliver Weir - RUC.
    William "Billy" McCaughey- RUC.
    Billy Hanna - UDR.
    Robin "The Jackal" Jackson - UDR member and an alleged RUC Special Branch agent
    Robert McConnell - UVF and 2nd Battalion UDR corporal.
    Laurence McClure - UVF volunteer and RUC SPG
    James Mitchell - an RUC Reserve.
    Robert John "R.J". Kerr - UDA commander.
    Harris Boyle - UDR soldier and UVF volunteer.
    Wesley Somerville - UDR soldier and a UVF lieutenant.
    Gary Armstrong - RUC sergeant.
    Captain John Irwin - UDR intelligence officer
    Thomas Raymond Crozier - UDR, and UVF.
    James Roderick McDowell - UDR, and UVF
    John James Somerville - UDR
    Norman Greenlee - UDR soldier and UVF volunteer.
    Gordon Liggett - (UDA).
    William Ashton Wright - UDR soldier.
    Joey Lutton - UDR.
    Laurence Tate - UDR
    William Thomas Leonard - UDR
    Ian Mitchell - RUC
    David Wilson - RUC

That's the tip of the iceberg. The so-called 'security forces' were a breeding ground for sectarian serial murderers and collusion with loyalist murder gangs was endemic. Rotten to the core.

Not forgetting Tim the sight of children needing the PSNI to get them safely to school, in modern Ireland.

Ok, I'm not doing this shít with you, I was born in the south, It was always sold to me as loyalism from family. Take your crap semantics elsewhere.

Yet you refuse to acknowledge that there was systemic collusion between the RUC/UDR/BA and so-called 'loyalists'. Here's one gang of murderers, bombers and colluders for you to consider: 'The Glenanne Gang'

John Oliver Weir - RUC.
    William "Billy" McCaughey- RUC.
    Billy Hanna - UDR.
    Robin "The Jackal" Jackson - UDR member and an alleged RUC Special Branch agent
    Robert McConnell - UVF and 2nd Battalion UDR corporal.
    Laurence McClure - UVF volunteer and RUC SPG
    James Mitchell - an RUC Reserve.
    Robert John "R.J". Kerr - UDA commander.
    Harris Boyle - UDR soldier and UVF volunteer.
    Wesley Somerville - UDR soldier and a UVF lieutenant.
    Gary Armstrong - RUC sergeant.
    Captain John Irwin - UDR intelligence officer
    Thomas Raymond Crozier - UDR, and UVF.
    James Roderick McDowell - UDR, and UVF
    John James Somerville - UDR
    Norman Greenlee - UDR soldier and UVF volunteer.
    Gordon Liggett - (UDA).
    William Ashton Wright - UDR soldier.
    Joey Lutton - UDR.
    Laurence Tate - UDR
    William Thomas Leonard - UDR
    Ian Mitchell - RUC
    David Wilson - RUC

That's the tip of the iceberg. The so-called 'security forces' were a breeding ground for sectarian serial murderers and collusion with loyalist murder gangs was endemic. Rotten to the core.

What unionism/loyalism and the British know is that most of this stuff has yet to come into the public realm. There are tremendously difficult times ahead as the victims will not let this go, like the Bloody Sunday victims. If it takes 40 years the truth will out.

Wullie Frazer did it about a school flying the Italian flag. He aligns with your view of the conflict, you must be chuffed? :D imagine being on Willie's side of history.

I give no 2 fecks about willie. He is an idiot. You remind me of a republican version of him though. But don't fret. You have plenty of company on here with some of your fellow republican flyers. Carry on.

On the topic didn't one of the SF MLas (wee small fella, Mcelduff from Tyrone I think) complain about some form of Gaelic McDonald's burger not being available in NI whilst it was in the republic. I **** you not. You see two can play at that game chum.... (in fact willie received a few hundred votes when he stood, mcilduff received thousands lol)

Ps. I dread to think what would be in a Mcds Gaelic burger. In fact I dread to think what is in their normal burgers ffs...

Ok, I'm not doing this shít with you, I was born in the south, It was always sold to me as loyalism from family. Take your crap semantics elsewhere.

See Tim has this little story playing out in his head that unionists are completely different to loyalists. Upstanding law-abiding Unionists joined the RUC and UDR while nasty killer loyalist terrorists joined the UVF/UFF.

Of course, as we can see in my post above, there is no real difference when it came to the 'security forces', they complimented each other, they shared information with each other, they shared weapons and the RUC/UDR even provided killers. Loyalist murder gangs were riddled with informers yet they were still able to carry out some heinous massacres like Greysteel and Loughinisland.

I give no 2 fecks about willie. He is an idiot. You remind me of a republican version of him though. But don't fret. You have plenty of company on here with some of your fellow republican flyers. Carry on.

On the topic didn't one of the SF MLas (wee small fella, Mcelduff from Tyrone I think) complain about some form of Gaelic McDonald's burger not being available in NI whilst it was in the republic. I **** you not. You see two can play at that game chum.... (in fact willie received a few hundred votes when he stood, mcilduff received thousands lol)

Ps. I dread to think what would be in a Mcds Gaelic burger. In fact I dread to think what is in their normal burgers ffs...

You've just outed yourself there. Thanks. :) I'm píssed at myself that I didn't cop on that you were who you were. Kicking myself I responded to you.

I can't be held responsible if you were fed incorrect information by your family. You are posting, not your family. A Bit of personal responsibility is needed on your part. I won't be going anywhere. Just because you were proved wrong doesn't mean I have to leave. As I said we don't need to converse again as obviously you have no clue about NI.

You've just outed yourself there. Thanks. :) I'm píssed at myself that I didn't cop on that you were a who you were. Kicking myself I responded to you.

Night. (Hardly outed myself as I've only had the one username on here and will never have another one) unlike some of the so called republicans on here who seem to change their usernames more often that they change their underwear. What is the point of changing your name anyway???

That the best you can do Tim? McLoyalism, tasty but you will be hungry again in 10 minutes.

The difference between me and Wullie is that I fully accept that horrific awful things were done by both sides. McGuinness accepted that too and IMO regretted it, as I do.
    You and Wullie pretend when it suits to accept that.

As the graphic shows clearly everyone knows who randomly killed whenever the unionist statelet looked like being dismantled and yesterday showed who STILL has a problem putting out their hand.
    You and Wullie are firmly on the wrong side of history I'm afraid. As I said earlier in the thread I would have applauded Arlene yesterday, in good faith. You cannot even let a thread on an internet forum pass without spewing some bile.

• Advertisement

Night. (Hardly outed myself as I've only had the one username on here and will never have another one) unlike some of the so called republicans on here who seem to change their usernames more often that they change their underwear. What is the point of changing your name anyway???

What was my previous username? If there was one?

What was my previous username? If there was one?

Surely only you would know that. Why are you asking me ffs? Are you senile?

Surely only you would know that. Why are you asking me ffs? Are you senile?

Listen Billy, you're a good laugh, but not to be taken to seriously.

That the best you can do Tim? McLoyalism, tasty but you will be hungry again in 10 minutes.

The difference between me and Wullie is that I fully accept that horrific awful things were done by both sides. McGuinness accepted that too and IMO regretted it, as I do.
    You and Wullie pretend when it suits to accept that.

You cannot even let a thread on an internet forum pass without spewing some bile.

It's good surely to hear from a genuine unionist voice on here is it not???

After all your supreme leader Kim Yong Adams was apparently reaching out to us yesterday.. did you not listen to his sincere words?

I post very rarely on these boards. However if Gerry farted I would expect to see you post that it smelled great ffs. Some people are just such complete and utter lickspittles..

Listen Billy, you're a good laugh, but not to be taken to seriously.

That's a bit sectarian Justice.... my name isn't billy but did you ask your far out family in south Armagh if you should use such language????

Such an expert but don't worry you will get plenty of thanks from others who probably have an old senile aunt who lives in south Armagh but tells them the truth about NI and their "loyalist" schooling. Lol ;-)

That's a bit sectarian Justice.... my name isn't billy but did you ask your far out family in south Armagh if you should use such language????

Such an expert but don't worry you will get plenty of thanks from others who probably have an old senile aunt who lives in south Armagh but tells them the truth about NI and their "loyalist" schooling. Lol ;-)

..And justice. Think about it. It's not just a metallica record.

After all your supreme leader Kim Yong Adams was apparently reaching out to us yesterday.. did you not listen to his sincere words?

I post very rarely on these boards. However if Gerry farted I would expect to see you post that it smelled great ffs. Some people are just such complete and utter lickspittles..

No Tim, I don't think you are a Unionist. I rather suspect you are an angry rejected Loyalist, rejected by the British and unable to come to terms with it.
    Hopefully you will take this in the spirit it is meant and join the other representatives of unionism that were in that church yesterday.
    I feel you know this in your soul. This thread is absent of the usual suspects defending, because they just intuitively know.
    The IRA did many many bad things but it is now clear that we had to go through what we did. We are now building the peace but it has to be honest peace.

Yes. You're not exactly a moderate unionist though. More the Jim Allister end of the spectrum. It's a real pity that young liberal Unionists go to university in Britain and don't come back.

Maybe we should have some sort of scholarship system in universities in the south to encourage young unionists to stay in Ireland so they could replace the old guard in the north.

No Tim, I don't think you are a Unionist. I rather suspect you are an angry rejected Loyalist, rejected by the British and unable to come to terms with it.
    Hopefully you will take this in the spirit it is meant and join the other representatives of unionism that were in that church yesterday.
    I feel you know this in your soul. This thread is absent of the usual suspects defending, because they just intuitively know.
    The IRA did many many bad things but it is now clear that we had to go through what we did. We are now building the peace but it has to be honest peace.

Ffs Francis. I would be a strange loyalist who lump the dickhead loyalist terrorists along with the clown republican Ira terrorists. Please don't tell me you have an aunt in south Armagh like that other poster so that's how you know things somehow...

I have already said I have no issue with Arlene going to the funeral. I also said it wouldn't have bothered me if she hadn't went either. I'm not really for these modern xfactor style funerals anyway. I go to the funerals of those I know. Not some politician, sportsman or singer that I didn't know personally.

• Advertisement

Yes. You're not exactly a moderate unionist though. More the Jim Allister end of the spectrum. It's a real pity that young liberal Unionists go to university in Britain and don't come back.

Maybe we should have some sort of scholarship system in universities in the south to encourage young unionists to stay in Ireland so they could replace the old guard in the north.

Barring the fundamentalist christian stuff I think they would be a real asset in the Dail. Our heritage is important and they are part of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement