Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

El Classico - Leinster v Munster 02/04/2016 - 1730 (TG4, SS3)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Leinster to win, LBP for Munster, Champions Cup for all.

Former total to do every build up thread to every professional rugby game henceforth.

(And the rest of us to immediately log in to our online betting accounts and make our investments)

Tip my hat etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

Maybe some messers on here but I think Frankie Sheahan is serious!
    Between Shane horganblooms and Frankie Sheehan sky have signed up two of the best. While the bbc2 ni analysis is biased at least its analysis. Shane's 'itchy bum' time with pat lam was class. Frankie is such a laugh as well. The two of them talked and talked until maybe it was the 78th minute of the Leinster Connacht game discussing their mothers dresses. And then, oh crap, Leinster might lose this game. Jesus, Leinster lost the game. Oh crap, must make an effort to see what is going on next time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭neelia11

Munster
    Between Shane horganblooms and Frankie Sheehan sky have signed up two of the best. While the bbc2 ni analysis is biased at least its analysis. Shane's 'itchy bum' time with pat lam was class. Frankie is such a laugh as well. The two of them talked and talked until maybe it was the 78th minute of the Leinster Connacht game discussing their mothers dresses. And then, oh crap, Leinster might lose this game. Jesus, Leinster lost the game. Oh crap, must make an effort to what sisee going on next time

Can you get me a copy of the Billysaysno-english dictionary please ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Between Shane horganblooms and Frankie Sheehan sky have signed up two of the best. While the bbc2 ni analysis is biased at least its analysis. Shane's 'itchy bum' time with pat lam was class. Frankie is such a laugh as well. The two of them talked and talked until maybe it was the 78th minute of the Leinster Connacht game discussing their mothers dresses. And then, oh crap, Leinster might lose this game. Jesus, Leinster lost the game. Oh crap, must make an effort to see what is going on next time

Leinster Connaught wasn't on BBCNI?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The penalty Saili gave away for three points has to be one of the dumbest this season. He's on the Leinster side of the ruck and the ball was slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

The penalty Saili gave away for three points has to be one of the dumbest this season. He's on the Leinster side of the ruck and the ball was slow.

Lucky not to get a card there.

Munster
    Rte website saying foley replaced Holland cos they didnt want to burn the candles at both ends with him. Like wtf? Munster have a week off now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

It wasn't dumb. He was clearly told to leave it alone. It was like he didn't care. I really, really don't like saili as a player. With Munster where they stand in the table that was a shocking decision. He simply didn't give a ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Munster
    Scannell and Ringrose both showed up well. Future may not be too bad for Munster and Leinster at centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

.ak wrote: »
    Lucky not to get a card there.

The ball was very slow though so he wasn't really preventing a big attacking opportunity. Funnily enough that's what annoyed me most about it. Why even do it when the ball is slow?

• Advertisement

It wasn't dumb. He was clearly told to leave it alone. It was like he didn't care. I really, really don't like saili as a player. With Munster where they stand in the table that was a shocking decision. He simply didn't give a ****e.

You might be exaggerating a little, but as a munster fan, I will say that he's been a let down in general.

But I'm not sure if what we're seeing with him is partially frustration being involved in a team that's being coached in a way that limits the backs playing to their full potential.

Or maybe I should say in a league that limits their potential?

neelia11 wrote: »
    Rte website saying foley replaced Holland cos they didnt want to burn the candles at both ends with him. Like wtf? Munster have a week off now

Yeah...yet another awful coaching call involving Keatley being put on or taken off...seems like Foley can't get it right all season.

Yet again find myself cringing for Keatley on a personal level.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

I'd forgottan that. It was Holland's 2nd start of the season. He played the full 80 last weekend. With the break next week, that would mean that Keatley would not have had any gametime for 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Similar situation to last week with the scrum on the 5m line but roles reversed. I never had much doubt that Leinster would hold out at the end and their ability to hold out is probably why they will go on and win the league. They are a team built on a strong defence who thrive in those kind of situations and I found it staggering that Munster didn't take the draw especially when Kilcoyne tapped and went with 30 seconds left. These things happen in the heat of the moment but after throwing what they could at Leinster the extra point was important with such crunch fixtures ahead.

Overall a reasonably entertaining game, quality was average but an important 4 points for Leinster who should top the table now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭swiwi_

jacothelad wrote: »
    The defenders just needed to be 5 metres back on the goal line and they were. Munster should have taken the scrum, tying in 9 Munster players and giving them a one man advantage in the outside backs.

If you're trying to sell me Keatley jaco, you'll fail every time. Occasionally, he has a very good game. This year when I've watched him he has mostly been incredibly flaky.

He missed a relatively easy penalty to give Munster the lead.

But leaving Keatley aside, I saw no reason to pull Holland, which is my main point, and a poor piece of coaching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

I have just received a snapchat from my mate of him smashing two Cork girls chanting 'ISA'

The game was good too.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

WarZ wrote: »
    I have just received a snapchat from my mate of him smashing two Cork girls chanting 'ISA'

The game was good too.

Smashing as in cleaning them out with a huge tackle?

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭chippers

Did he not come through the middle of the ruck and was entitled to kick it? He should have listened to the ref though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Smashing as in cleaning them out with a huge tackle?
    Two smashing Cork girls maybe? :D

Munster
    chippers wrote: »
    Did he not come through the middle of the ruck and was entitled to kick it? He should have listened to the ref though

no, and he was told by the ref to get away from the ball so he kicked the ball away from him. He should have got a yc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,190 ✭✭✭✭Buer

chippers wrote:

Fell on the wrong side, got up and kicked the ball. It was bizarre. Should have been instant yellow for pure idiocy.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I think Slappy Zebo's yellow was potentially more clear-cut. If Sailli had done that in a more dangerous position or later in the game I reckon he would have gone off.

Munster
    jm08 wrote: »
    that would mean that Keatley would not have had any gametime for 3 weeks.

you say that like its a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Saili was lucky too. Ref tells him to get out of way so he stands up and kicks the ball.

He should have been binned for stupidity if nothing else. I freaked out at that penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Munster
    swiwi_ wrote: »
    If you're trying to sell me Keatley jaco, you'll fail every time. Occasionally, he has a very good game. This year when I've watched him he has mostly been incredibly flaky.

He missed a relatively easy penalty to give Munster the lead.

But leaving Keatley aside, I saw no reason to pull Holland, which is my main point, and a poor piece of coaching.

I was just making the point that there seems to be an instantaneous 'Keatley is rubbish' spewed out without looking at the incidents used to vilify him. As for missing an easy penalty, well it was the 'wrong' side - more difficult than the one Sexton missed against the ABs in 2013 - and of course there is no mention of the easier penalty with which Holland hit a post - it's still a miss.

Then there was the 'knock on' incident. The pass from Sherry? was fired at him behind and above his shoulder. He almost made it into a pass by getting his left hand on it. For those heroes who berate him for it, he almost turned an awful pass into something he could use but it's not the guy who ballsed up making a simple pass that gets the manure flung at him. It's ridiculous.

Then, Keatley mad a break and got penalised for holding on in Leinster's 22. Well, if he'd had the support he should have he wouldn't need to hang on. Why not criticise the players who didn't bother their asses getting with him.

The guy doesn't deserve the level of crap flung in his direction. Criticism for playing consistently badly is one thing. Knee jerk opprobrium is just wrong, particularly when the sticks used to belabour him in this game are just constructed of unthinking over-reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

I'd bring Keatley home to Leinster in a heartbeat. Would be delighted to have him. Could even be the ideal move from his perspective, change of scene to give him a fillip out of the doldrums.
    Your move Leo.

I'd bring Keatley home to Leinster in a heartbeat. Would be delighted to have him. Could even be the ideal move from his perspective, change of scene to give him a fillip out of the doldrums.
    Your move Leo.

I think it might be a really good move for him to do that. Schmidt tried to do that a few years back but he stayed with Munster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Munster
    Your move Leo.

Ah yeah definitely. Maybe see if James Downey can be tempted back too, that way Connacht get to keep Henshaw.

I take jaco's point about not being too hard on Keatley and not overreacting, but however you dress it up, the guy just isn't up to it.

you say that like its a bad thing.

Yes, it would be a bad thing. What would happen if Holland (who is coming back from a long injury) gets injured again.

In fairness to Keats, he has had to carry Munster the whole season as the only fit outhalf and this is a guy who has a history of groin injury strain which may prevent him from practising place kicking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Annabella1

Cian Healy was probably top 2-3 props in Europe a few years ago.Hope he gets a break from injuries

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement