Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

El Classico - Leinster v Munster 02/04/2016 - 1730 (TG4, SS3)

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Munster
    salmocab wrote: »
    I just like everyone else don't know how they come to the official attendance but I'm fairly sure its neither tickets sold or bums on seats.

Your ticket gets scanned when you go through the turnstiles. Pretty accurate way to count people

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Hope Schmidt didn't hear about that.

There go my chances of a call-up for next season. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Mini850

Just watched the match.

Its sad to see the fall of Healy, once in the top 5 LH props in the world imo.

So we know the potential is there, I just wonder if the hammerings he took in his career to date have taken their toll. Or is it purely down to confidence??

I remember reading BOD's book and when confidence was low, he was told to go and look at his highlight reels on youtube. Healy should do the same.

But I just wonder if the one thing that made him a cut above the rest, his pace and mobility, are now just gone through injury, age, and the bulk he now has cant be helping. He never takes the ball at pace any more, and I havent seen him break a tackle and make a break in ages.........

Hope to god he gets back to some way like his best.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Mini850 wrote: »
    Just watched the match.

Its sad to see the fall of Healy, once in the top 5 LH props in the world imo.

So we know the potential is there, I just wonder if the hammerings he took in his career to date have taken their toll. Or is it purely down to confidence??

I remember reading BOD's book and when confidence was low, he was told to go and look at his highlight reels on youtube. Healy should do the same.

But I just wonder if the one thing that made him a cut above the rest, his pace and mobility, are now just gone through injury, age, and the bulk he now has cant be helping. He never takes the ball at pace any more, and I havent seen him break a tackle and make a break in ages.........

Hope to god he gets back to some way like his best.

Top 5 LH props? At various points you could easily argue he was the top 1 LH prop. He needs the summer off at least

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Synode wrote: »
    There was easily 40k at it. The only part that looked sparse was the Premium level.

the entire Premium level is only 10,000 of the capacity and was only really sparse in the corners, central areas were well attended

at least 50% full, probably more

the upper and lower tiers seemed well full so easily 43k there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Healy should have been let go abroad. It's weird having a second choice prop on a central contract. It has to influence the national selection and block the progress of the likes of Buckley.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Healy should have been let go abroad. It's weird having a second choice prop on a central contract. It has to influence the national selection and block the progress of the likes of Buckley.
    I think that's a bit reactive. People seem to be thinking that Healy has been poor for a considerable length of time but in reality it's not even twelve months since he had the neck operation.

He was still coming out of rehab for that when the warm up games started and he had no preseason to prepare. By rights he shouldn't have gone to the RWC but that's with the benefit of hindsight. He was starting to get up to speed after the RWC but then he got the ban and had knee or calf surgery (can't remember which) and then back from that for the 6N in which he didn't really feature. So his game time has been very stop start.

Leinster internationals have played no more than 9 rounds of the Pro 12 so far and they're having teething issues getting back to the provincial team, how much harder would it be for Healy with all the extra matches missed? I doubt he would even have ten matches in total played since the season started.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 131 ✭✭leinstertalk

Healy needs to be given a rest, time to rest & recover, get a full preseason and get back firing next season. At the very least he shouldn't go to SA. But he will IMO get back to close to his previous form, if he can stay healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I'm fairly certain Healy will get back to his best.

Munster
    I think that's a bit reactive. People seem to be thinking that Healy has been poor for a considerable length of time but in reality it's not even twelve months since he had the neck operation.

He was still coming out of rehab for that when the warm up games started and he had no preseason to prepare. By rights he shouldn't have gone to the RWC but that's with the benefit of hindsight. He was starting to get up to speed after the RWC but then he got the ban and had knee or calf surgery (can't remember which) and then back from that for the 6N in which he didn't really feature. So his game time has been very stop start.

Leinster internationals have played no more than 9 rounds of the Pro 12 so far and they're having teething issues getting back to the provincial team, how much harder would it be for Healy with all the extra matches missed? I doubt he would even have ten matches in total played since the season started.

My revisionist memory is telling me he hasn't been his best since the Lions tour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Your ticket gets scanned when you go through the turnstiles. Pretty accurate way to count people

I'm fairly sure they count the season tickets wether they attend or not. If not at the Aviva it's certainly the case in the RDS given the attendances they announce at some games when it's half empty.

stephen_n wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure they count the season tickets wether they attend or not. If not at the Aviva it's certainly the case in the RDS given the attendances they announce at some games when it's half empty.

Yeah they sometimes say "tickets sold" but they've stopped doing that now and just list the actual attendance

stephen_n wrote: »
    That can't be true. There are many times that the official attendances are below season tickets sold. I referenced one of them earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

it is true as far as I know. certainly the sportsground always starts at the number of season ticket holders and then adds on the extra numbers that come through the gates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Munster
    it is true as far as I know. certainly the sportsground always starts at the number of season ticket holders and then adds on the extra numbers that come through the gates

How do you know this

It was that way in rds as well but they stopped doing it.

The number they call out in Leinster games is now accurate.

How do you know this
    Easy to check. The Pro 12 website gives the number attending each game and if you've a rough idea as to how many season tickets were sold, you can work it out.

Here are the attendances at The Sportsground for the first six matches of the season:

Date|Opposition|Atendance
    04/09/15|Dragons|3,624
    03/10/15|Cardiff|3,274
    16/10/15|Zebre|3,994
    31/10/15|Edinburgh|3,834
    06/11/15|Treviso|3,443
    26/12/15|Ulster|5,876

Doesn't look like it to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Munster

That was a nice edit there Billy. ;)

• Administrators Posts: 53,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Think this one is done too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement