Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

El Classico - Leinster v Munster 02/04/2016 - 1730 (TG4, SS3)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭vetinari

Kilcoyne lost the run of himself, but he was still tackled immediately on a tap and go penalty?
    Surely the Leinster player had to be back on the line?
    If that was an infringement, it would also surely be another yellow card

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Munster
    twinytwo wrote: »
    Unfortunately he has another year left.... talk about a world class lesson in how to come on and throw away a game.

Killer should also be shot.

Ironically being able to bring McGrath back on a take kirchner off put all the advantage back with leinster... its about time if a prop is binned its mandatory another forward has to go off.

Not a chance. The defending team gets to choose their weakness, attacking team needs to be able to exploit that. Today Leinster went with leaving space out wide. Munster got into a 3 on 1 and butchered it.

Not a great game, but a win is good and a win against Munster is great. Leinster back in their rightful position at the top of the league :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Munster
    swiwi_ wrote: »
    My main memory from this game will be the weird use of the subs benches. Why was Holland (who was kicking well) taken off for Keatley (a complete lottery at the tee, not to mention the dropped pass, the penalty for holding on, the grubber kick to nothing)? Sexton subbed with about 3 minutes left.

I was surprised to see Holland taken off too as he was doing well.

I thought Sexton looked to be limping a bit when he came off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

Munster have a tough run-in. With Connacht, Edinburgh and scarlets they are on shaky ground. On the positives Murray, earls and Holland were all excellent. Would have rather sweetnam had started over Conway (sweetnams form deserved the start). And zebo had a right shocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭webels

CatFromHue wrote: »

I thought Sexton looked to be limping a bit when he came off.
    Maybe I'm imagining this but sexton always limps off. He had a good game though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭c_meth

vetinari wrote: »
    Kilcoyne lost the run of himself, but he was still tackled immediately on a tap and go penalty?

The Leinster player was back on the line. It was such a woeful tap that he had the chance to get to him to make the hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Munster
    Thank you IBF. That was a glorious read.

At times, it was like listening to a North Korean news broadcaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

I'd go as far to say as it might have cost Munster the match.

A couple of other things - the Leinster backs are crabbing sideways too much.

I've been watching hard to try and see why there are more tries down south. It seems to me that crashing the ball up from 1st man out is a very common tactic. The Super sides go wider, and tend to crash it up (if they do that) from 2nd man out. The ball seems to be moved away from the ruck as fast and often as wide as possible, with the aim to use space rather than take contact.

Oh, and of course, defence is rubbish in the SH.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Why did Munster bring Keatley on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭neelia11

Munster

it was almost like a pre planned at a certain time IK goes on regardless of what is happening.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

That's a bigger question than just today's match on form.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Because Foley has no back bone, he dosent want to upset anyone so tries to keep everyone happy.

The fact keatley should have been cut loose at the end of last season is naturally irrelevant to foley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

vetinari wrote: »
    Idiot move by Kilcoyne. However surely this ........the first 2 players to engage him in the tackle were nowhere near on the line.

After watching the Brumbies Vs Chiefs this morning, this derby was 2 poor teams with a poor ref in the middle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

Whatever the reason I suggest you are unlikely to see him again in a munster shirt. I think a line has been crossed and all patience exhausted.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

twinytwo wrote: »
    Because Foley has no back bone, he dosent want to upset anyone so tries to keep everyone happy.

The fact keatley should have been cut loose at the end of last season is naturally irrelevant to foley

Whatever the reason, that doesn't sound like Anthony Foley to me

• Registered Users Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Dave kilcoyne, what were you thinking

Probably that the ref would enforce the laws and penalise the defender for not being 10 yards back....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Munster

I've been watching hard to try and see why there are more tries down south. It seems to me that crashing the ball up from 1st man out is a very common tactic. The Super sides go wider, and tend to crash it up (if they do that) from 2nd man out. The ball seems to be moved away from the ruck as fast and often as wide as possible, with the aim to use space rather than take contact.

There was a break in the second half where ZK ran diagonally across the pitch and passed to Nacewa who's only options were to get tackled into touch or kick ahead.

I was not impressed with that.

Ringrose seems to know how fix a defender which is a good sign anyway.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The geometry just looks all different. Pause a super rugby game about ten seconds before a pitch-long team try and watch where everyone is, often seemingly randomly dotted around the pitch. The super fast rucking and players always looking for mismatches pulls the opposition out of position. I'd love to swap all the refs around for a year, really reduce all the spoiling and slowing down in the NH and see would the SH sides take advantage of the laxer breakdown ruling to play at a slower pace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭c_meth

Idiot move by Kilcoyne. However surely this ........the first 2 players to engage him in the tackle were nowhere near on the line.

Haven't seen replay yet but at the time I thought defenders started from line when Kilcoyne tapped. Heard Munster querying it but the ref was adamant they were behind line.

Must have a look again, if I can find a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

There was a break in the second half where ZK ran diagonally across the pitch and passed to Nacewa who's only options were to get tackled into touch or kick ahead.

I was not impressed with that.

Ringrose seems to know how fix a defender which is a good sign anyway.

Ringrose is great. I don't think as much of Te'o who looks like a converted league player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Only needed to be back 5m for the pen , but the tap was so poor that they were on top of him as he gathered the ball.

Sexton was limping about 5-10mins prior to being taken off, it's clear Madigan is seen as a last resort or else they are afraid to take him off tactically.

Strange game, Healys star has really fallen, was very poor in the Connacht game and very poor again here. Wouldn't even make the Ireland bench at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

Shelflife wrote: »
    Only needed to be back 5m for the pen , but the tap was so poor that they were on top of him as he gathered the ball.

Sexton was limping about 5-10mins prior to being taken off, it's clear Madigan is seen as a last resort or else they are afraid to take him off tactically.

Strange game, Healys star has really fallen, was very poor in the Connacht game and very poor again here. Wouldn't even make the Ireland bench at this stage.

I'd say healy bit the hand of the irfu when they offered the central contract. He has totally lost form

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Shelflife wrote: »

Shouldn't be on an Irish squad but I really don't see him being left out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Munster player with a theatrical somersault buys a cheap penalty and yellow card from the referee.
    Ha. I was at the match and the Leinster fan in front of me f*cked the ref out of it for that decision and shouted that the Munster player had fallen over his own legs. Best bit was he was serious

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Sean Kinsella

neelia11 wrote: »
    of the glory .....

Perhaps: Munster should have had the winning score on the board, by that time and IMO desperation set in. Sometimes gambles of that description pay dividends, but Leinster didn't miss that particular trick.

I think IBF should only post like that during match threads was great!

Just pick a team if Leinster aren't playing and comment like that

Frankie Sheahan with a surprising opinion:

https://twitter.com/FrankieSheahan/status/716359181721288704

I think IBF should only post like that during match threads was great!

Just pick a team if Leinster aren't playing and comment like that

I think it's unlikely, I found myself incredibly annoying by the start of the 2nd half!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Dunno who was watching it on Sky rather than TG4 but Shaggy was being surprisingly fair to Munster. I know a lot around here don't rate him but I think he's actually an alright 2nd/3rd commentator to have in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement