Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

El Classico - Leinster v Munster 02/04/2016 - 1730 (TG4, SS3)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I think it's unlikely, I found myself incredibly annoying by the start of the 2nd half!

Kept the thread incredibly pleasant though, probably the most civil inter pro thread ever. Or else everyone were avoiding it because of ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,922 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Munster
    swiwi_ wrote: »
    My main memory from this game will be the weird use of the subs benches. Why was Holland (who was kicking well) taken off for Keatley (a complete lottery at the tee, not to mention the dropped pass,
    .It was a shocking pass, behind him at shoulder level. he did well to even get his hand on it.

the penalty for holding on, So when other Munster players do it it's fine but when Keatley does it he should never wear the shirt again. What should he have done? Let go of the ball to a Leinster player?

the grubber kick to nothing)? Sexton subbed with about 3 minutes left. And how far has the Cian Healy star fallen?

A draw would have been a fair result. It would. Blame Kilcoyne, not Keatley for the loss of a point.

In saying that Munster had one-off the ruck white-line fever, the bane of Irish rugby, ignoring overlaps at the end. Dunno who got MOTM but it was Murray for me.
    Akrasia wrote: »
    Probably that the ref would enforce the laws and penalise the defender for not being 10 yards back....
    The defenders just needed to be 5 metres back on the goal line and they were. Munster should have taken the scrum, tying in 9 Munster players and giving them a one man advantage in the outside backs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭neelia11

Munster
    Frankie Sheahan with a surprising opinion:

https://twitter.com/FrankieSheahan/status/716359181721288704

did IBF hack Frankie's twitter account?

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭chippers

Frankie Sheahan with a surprising opinion:

https://twitter.com/FrankieSheahan/status/716359181721288704

Agree with Frankie. Nothing wrong with Healys tackle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

I think it's unlikely, I found myself incredibly annoying by the start of the 2nd half!

It probably would get a little samey but I just read through the whole thread just to catch your commentary. Had me laughing out loud a good few times and I wasn't even able to watch the match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

That must have been an interesting conversation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,949 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Munster
    Leinster have a very good defence and that's about it right now. Munster are just awful at everything and for as good as Leinster are at defending Munster made it easy for them.

This is two Irish derbies in as many days where a team with a man advantage were batteting away at the opposition line but couldn't score because their players lacked the nous to exploit their numerical advantage. Dire stuff.

Saili is rubbish btw. How much is he on. Heaslip, Sexton and Murray a class above the rest today.

Munster
    Clegg wrote: »
    Leinster have a very good defence and that's about it right now. Munster are just awful at everything and for as good as Leinster are at defending Munster made it easy for them.

This is two Irish derbies in as many days where a team with a man advantage were batteting away at the opposition line but couldn't score because their players lacked the nous to exploit their numerical advantage. Dire stuff.

Saili is rubbish btw. How much is he on. Heaslip, Sexton and Murray a class above the rest today.

Ruddock and McGrath were very good for leinster.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

neelia11 wrote: »

Thought Heaslip had a good day as well, seemed to get through a lot of work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Not much atmosphere. I know they sell more tickets at the Aviva but I'd say you'd get a better atmosphere at the RDS.

D'atmosh was good actually.
    Bigger crowd than I expected, and despite the poor rugby, the tightness of the score meant there was a good level of excitement. Judos for what ever the jazz band were, and a rattle of the Imperial March was a nice touch.

• Advertisement

Munster

I'll need to watch the game with the benefit of better camera angles. Was sat in the south stand with a view of only one end of the pitch. I'm sure other players played well, but the three I mentioned were the ones who stood out near our end.

Although I'm not sure I want to put myself through watchng that rubbish again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'll need to watch the game with the benefit of better camera angles. Was sat in the south stand with a view of only one end of the pitch. I'm sure other players played well, but the three I mentioned were the ones who stood out near our end.

DUH missed your post about Heaslip, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Munster
    I thought Ringrose did okay as well in defense. Missed on on Archer that I remember, but had a few nice saves out wide as well.

Memory could be foggy though, because of beer.

Munster

Heaslip and sexton were good too, not disagreeing with you there. If Leinster can get the lineout to function and create space outside the 13 channel for Ringrose they will be in a far better place. The lineout, in particular the throwing which seemed to be the issue kept munster in the game in the first half.

Heaslip and sexton were good too, not disagreeing with you there. If Leinster can get the lineout to function and create space outside the 13 channel for Ringrose they will be in a far better place. The lineout, in particular the throwing which seemed to be the issue kept munster in the game in the first half.

Ringrose had a few flashes today where you could see the potential.

The lineout was horrible at times.

Munster
    I mentioned Saili already, but for a player capped by the All Blacks and who talks about the importance of the basics, he doesn't really excel at anything in what I've seen of him. Very average.

That's better than Kirchner though. 30 caps for the Boks and he's a bit cack.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

sheep? wrote: »
    I thought Ringrose did okay as well in defense. Missed on on Archer that I remember, but had a few nice saves out wide as well.

Memory could be foggy though, because of beer.

He drove ROM into touch at one stage.

He's looking good. I think he could really shine over the next couple of weeks if we keep a bit of consistency with our selections. I'm hoping we'll see our first XV pretty consistently until the end of the season now, no reason not to.

touts wrote: »
    Munster passed up the chance of a kick at the posts from inside the 22 to level the game. I'd like to think that was a vote of confidence in the ability of the team to convert the line out. I fear it was a vote of no confidence in Keatley.

I thought it was because they felt they were still playing to try to make the playoffs and so gambled on the win, and not just to stay in the top 6 where the kick for 2 points would have been useful. Fortune doesnt always favour the brave.

chippers wrote: »
    Healys tackle looked fine to me. arms out the whole time. difficult to get a wrap on at that speed

Absolutely. The yellow was a disgrace. Perfectly legal effort. Fortunately didnt cost Leinster.

I mentioned Saili already, but for a player capped by the All Blacks and who talks about the importance of the basics, he doesn't really excel at anything in what I've seen of him. Very average.

That's better than Kirchner though. 30 caps for the Boks and he's a bit cack.
    Kirchener has been good. He made two clean breaks today and ran 77 metres. He was also good when he came on against Connacht. Wasn't brilliant in defense but not a lot came his way either.

Heaslip made 19 tackles and missed none. Nobody else came close to that number although JvdF made 9 in 30 minutes and also missed none.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Absolutely. The yellow was a disgrace. Perfectly legal effort. Fortunately didnt cost Leinster.

No wrong there...he actually stopped wrapping mid tackle.

kuang1 wrote: »
    No wrong there...he actually stopped wrapping mid tackle.

Even if he had wrapped, which he didn't, it was an illegal tackle

Also for all the talk about Keatley or decision-making losing Munster the game, lets remember that Slappy Zebo should have been sinbinned and Leinster should have had that penalty. That could have been a difference-maker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Even if he had wrapped, which he didn't, it was an illegal tackle

I presumed the people talking about it being fine were taking the piss? Surely nobody thinks that was actually legal? It was a completely ludicrous "tackle".

Bazzo wrote: »
    I presumed the people talking about it being fine were taking the piss? Surely nobody thinks that was actually legal? It was a completely ludicrous "tackle".

Yeah even myself and my OH were looking at it going uh-oh

Munster
    Also for all the talk about Keatley or decision-making losing Munster the game, lets remember that Slappy Zebo should have been sinbinned and Leinster should have had that penalty. That could have been a difference-maker.

Saili was lucky too. Ref tells him to get out of way so he stands up and kicks the ball.

You might have started something there :D

Bazzo wrote: »

Maybe some messers on here but I think Frankie Sheahan is serious!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

That game was gash. I think we played slightly better so a 3 point win sounds right.

The atmosphere was rubbish and the band and tannoy were the most cringe I've ever heard in a stadium.

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »
    That game was gash. I think we played slightly better so a 3 point win sounds right.

The atmosphere was rubbish and the band and tannoy were the most cringe I've ever heard in a stadium.

You missed out on London Irish in Twickenham in 2009/10!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement