Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Hardline

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

logik wrote: »
    Yeah, noticed that!, I added ya as a friend there. If you are on, might join you for a bit of craic.

Primatori?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Primatori?

Yeah, tis me. Do you normally play in squads? I am on most nights with my 2 brothers. Would be good to get a squad going.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Yeah, tis me. Do you normally play in squads? I am on most nights with my 2 brothers. Would be good to get a squad going.

Yeah I usually play with the same ole lads in a squad alright unless I feel like lone wolfing it, but no harm to join into games together! :)

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Yeah I usually play with the same ole lads in a squad alright unless I feel like lone wolfing it, but no harm to join into games together! :)

Yeah no hassle, we all need a little lone wolfing once in awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

After having a weekend with this, it's growing on me, but really some glaring issues that need adressing quickly while the numbers are there.

No point letting this go until people stop playing it and then trying to yell loud "HEY ITS ALL GOOD COME BACK GUYS HONEST"

I've been playing mostly Hotwire, Bloodmoney and TDM.

TDM is rubbish. It's like gungame mode in CS or something. Spawns are rubbish and you die way to quick. Granted I've got into the swing of hardline and am doing fine, but it's a frustrating mode.

Bloodmoney is a good mode, it's not frantic but it's not slow either. The distances between vaults and money is a bit short on some maps, so pockets of chaos open up that make it a bit messy. But the concept is good and enjoyable.

Hotwire definitly the mode that has interested me the most and I've had most fun in. I've had some class chases being in a cap point evading people chasing me, or in a car chasing down a cap point.

When you are in a good squad it's immense. Had a few instances of good squads where we were wreaking havoc chasing down enemy points etc. The RPG is definitly ruining the mode at the moment, but removing that would be a massive, instant improvement. It's too bull**** just rushing for RPG's and then having a one shot kill, that not only kills the vehicle but racks you up multikills and points. Frustrating when happening to me, too easy whenI'm doing it to others.

Mechanic is obviously the class of choice in Hotwire, and I'm seeing very little need for any other class there. The accompanying grenade launchers are a bit weak, but actually probably right for the game mode. A well placed shot will do the damage. Get close enough and you can do just as much with a rifle. I started in Hotwire as assault and would be stopping cars with just riddling the driver, then picking off passengers.

Gunwise, some balance is definitly needed. There is no reason to go outside the M16 and M416. Once you have them for the assault classes that is pretty much it, get the unlocks you want and there is no point looking into anything else. I'd say they will be nerfed soon enough. Someone mentioned here previously they were bull**** and I didn't see an immediate problem, until I got my hands on one. Really over powered.

SMG's feel a touch too strong also from mid-long range and shotguns feel a bit muck short range, which doesn't make sense.

Recoil doesn't seem to be a thing in this game, which is odd coming from Bf4, and even playing some Bf4 inbetween Hardline sessions. Controlling burst fire, or even single tap would be a winner when it comes to rifles from mid-long range in BF4., Granted I'm a 416 lover, and good with it, I can control the recoil and groupings well over mid-long range on Bf4, it seems a piece of piss on Hardline.

Very much a case of if I see you, your dead. That wasn't the case until I unlocked the M16 or 416, where I'd get the junk on someone, and die first. TTK does seem an immediate change from BF4, where atleast you had time to react, in Hardline your dead before you knew what happened.

Vehicle handling is a bit rough and feels somewhat clunky. The side mounted HMG's on the choppers seem to be garbage. They are pretty much 50cal rounds, that take half a dozen to kill someone. A 9mm SMG can kill you flat dead in a second, yet I've to go overkill with a 50cal on infantry, makes no sense.

Using them on vehicles seems utterly pointless and a waste of time. When in reality they would not only pierce the exterior of a vehicle, but pierce the engine ( its what they are for) I'd say they could do with a little buff, considering how quickly the choppers themselves take damage, and how low they need to be flown making them susceptible to grenade launchers.

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Recoil doesn't seem to be a thing in this game, which is odd coming from Bf4, and even playing some Bf4 inbetween Hardline sessions. Controlling burst fire, or even single tap would be a winner when it comes to rifles from mid-long range in BF4., Granted I'm a 416 lover, and good with it, I can control the recoil and groupings well over mid-long range on Bf4, it seems a piece of piss on Hardline.

I agree with you with the exception of the above comment. The game needs some serious balancing in this area. The SMG and M16, M416 have little to no recoil, while alot of the other guns have plenty of recoil.

For example, the Enforcer class has access to battle rifles, and these rifles are a joke to control. Even when I switch to 1 round burst, they have poor accuracy at range. If you use them in full auto they just jump off the screen and you will be killed instantly by whatever it is you are firing at.

The only thing the Enforcer is good for is the shotgun at close range but outside of that the class is not viable.

Changes that need to happen in my opinion are:

M16A3 - Increase the recoil
    M416 - Increase the recoil
    AKM - Reduce the damage
    P90 - Reduce the range
    K10 - Reduce the damage
    MPX - Reduce the damage
    SCAR-H - Reduce the recoil
    ACR - Reduce the recoil
    SA-50 OSW - Reduce the recoil

They need to make the battle rifles a viable weapon, they are next to useless up close, I know that they are not supposed to be used up close, but the maps dont lend themselves to alot of prolonged ranged fire. You would be better throwing bullets at the enemy up close. The rate of fire being so low vs the recoil makes them fairly ****e.

SMG's in general are overpowered and need a nerf. This is coming from someone who plays Mech purely because they are overpowered as a class. The SMG's range is to far and in some cases the damage per bullet is to high.

Well that's kinda my point, there is some obvious guns to use at the moment, with no reason to use others. And the recoil on the obvious choices is ridiculous.

I see no need to look past the HK416, M16 or MPX

Some of the proposed changes to the first patch getting ready for launch.

Taken from the BF official patch forms:

K10: Reduce bullet damage to 33
    Saiga and PTR: reduce recoil to bring more in line with Cop faction DMRs
    HCAR and HK51: reduce recoil to bring more in line with SCAR-H and SA-58
    .410 Jury: Increase damage per pellet to become more effective
    FMG-9 and M/45: Increase damage per round to 25 and push out falloff start range to make these weapons more effective
    Battlerifle min damage increased to 25 across the board
    AKM min damage reduced to 24

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

K10: Reduce bullet damage to 33

That's still ridiculous IMO. It needs its RPM decreased as well..even with that change it'll still only take 4 bullets to kill, which, with a 1200 RPM, will take only 1/5 of a second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

That's still ridiculous IMO. It needs its RPM decreased as well..even with that change it'll still only take 4 bullets to kill, which, with a 1200 RPM, will take only 1/5 of a second.

Is the K10 really that OP?? I've just compared it against the MPX and UMP 45 stats and would still take either of them over it. Is the RPM the problem?

• Advertisement

DarkJager wrote: »
    Is the K10 really that OP?? I've just compared it against the MPX and UMP 45 stats and would still take either of them over it. Is the RPM the problem?

K10 is pretty ridiculous alright. Actually have moved over to it from the MX5, as I was convinced it would be patched on the fly.

The range and accuracy is disgusting along with ROF

DarkJager wrote: »

Yes, it is all I use when playing Cops. It is a ridiculous gun. The rate of fire would be ok if they dropped the damage right down. For example the P90 is only 29 per bullet and the K10 is currently 34 + 1200 RPM makes it laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Hate when developers mess with guns a week or so after release. Are they not tested? Yes the K10/M16s are good guns & best in class but they're not game breaking.
    It's not like I suddenly become a monster once I equip the K10 (although some kills are a bit ridiculous)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Hate when developers mess with guns a week or so after release. Are they not tested? Yes the K10/M16s are good guns & best in class but they're not game breaking.
    It's not like I suddenly become a monster once I equip the K10 (although some kills are a bit ridiculous)

If they're OP why would they not rebalance them? It would just be nonsensical not to

but that's the point I don't think they are. They're good but that's it. If a shotgun can OHK from across the map that's op and game breaking but these guns are simply slightly better than their peers. You'd do just as well with the AK - UMP - P90.
    I've only played it a couple of days and not really tried a lot of the guns.

but that's the point I don't think they are. They're good but that's it. If a shotgun can OHK from across the map that's op and game breaking but these guns are simply slightly better than their peers. You'd do just as well with the AK - UMP - P90.
    I've only played it a couple of days and not really tried a lot of the guns.

But 1 v 1, the K10 would destroy the UMP, P90, AK due to its rate of fire and the DPB.

For example, the K10 currently has a damage of 34 per bullet to the chest area. So that would be 3x34 = kill. With a ROF of 1200RPM you would be dead in about .25 of a second if all 3 shots hit the chest area. And remember the damage is doubled if you are hit in the head so you would be killed instantly.

They need to reduce the damage of the K10 so it takes circa 4 bullets to kill an enemy in the chest area. Bringing the damage down to 28/29 and leaving the ROF at 1200RPM would balance the gun. Another way to balance the gun would be to bring the damage down to 25 per bullet and increase the clip size to 30.

Either way, it is the most OP SMG in the game in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

The K10 is OP. Balance of most weapons is crap. If you can't see that you need to stop playing the game.

The K10 is OP. Balance of most weapons is crap. If you can't see that you need to stop playing the game.

Why would I stop playing the game if I'm enjoying it?
    Just because I don't think the K10 is OP?
    Every shooter is the same - people crying about this gun or that. It's distressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

Im a chopper man upgraded main guns for my pillion gunners , once i get a few in that know what they are doing I usually break 0 kills 0 deaths but end up on teh top for all the assists i get.

I am enjoying the game, I am not going to stop playing it. I am only pointing out what I am experiencing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

In close quarter combat against 2-3 opponents K10 is OP. Enemy have no chance unless their waiting for me :D. I feel guilty using it but I miss it when I play crims. P90 is better outside against more widely spaced opponents since you're not trying to reload under fire.

Currently have 500 kills with K10 and 512 with P90.

M16A3 just needs a bit of recoil and needs to lose the extended mag.
    Most of the times snipers kill me its ambush kills with G18 or Mac10s.

Support weapons seem the most balanced so far. Shotguns lethal if you hit enemy up close, a quick death if you miss. Deaths due to battle rifles are increasing as people are getting used to them and stop trying to use them like assault rifles.

Why would I stop playing the game if I'm enjoying it?
    Just because I don't think the K10 is OP?
    Every shooter is the same - people crying about this gun or that. It's distressing.

Totally fine is gun balance isn't something your interested in and you take every death as just a death.

But some of us are able to spot things like imbalance and issues, and being a discussion forum those things are going to be discussed.

Critical to an FPS game that's entire benchmark is multiplayer, is gun balance. Every online game has balance issues that need addressing, that really shouldn't need explaining. Units in Starcraft, Classes in WoW, guns in BF.

There are some blatantly obvious OP guns in BFH. I've fully moved over to the K10 now from the MX5, and it's been utterly ridiculous. The rate of fire, accuracy, range and groupings (and recoil control) are simply ridiculous.

All guns don't need to be the same, some can have niche use, but they shouldn't be outrageously different. Unfortunately when BF and CoD brought in levelling up as a thing, it means ensuring unlocks and purchased weapons are stronger then the base.

Personally I hate that, as I prefer to choose a kit I like the look of and have a preference to, but at the moment I'm very much pidgeoned into taking the K10 as Mechanic and the M16/416 as Operator.

Have barely touched the sniping class or support.

Went onto a large conquest game last night to try it out. This game is simply not optimised for 64v64. The map we were on was basically everyone playing sniper and you couldn't advance on territory without being picked off from miles away.

Second map rotation we took an early lead, and the entire mapresulted in us boxing in the enemy onto essentially their spawn point causing havoc.

64v64, the bread and butter and selling point of BF, simply doesn't work in this game. Very disappointing....

I'm getting my enjoyment out of it, but probably only a few weeks worth. When Battlefest for BF4 starts this will be put aside as I go back to Bf4 I'd imagine

I need new BF friends dammit, plz add Bliss IRL if ya wanna good chopper pilot for Hardline or good damage fodder for BF4 .

dbit wrote: »
    I need new BF friends dammit, plz add Bliss IRL if ya wanna good chopper pilot for Hardline or good damage fodder for BF4 .

Xbox One or PS4?

Xbox One or PS4?

XB1 sorry forget my head.

dbit wrote: »
    XB1 sorry forget my head.

Yeah, I will add you. Welcome to squad up with myself and 2-3 others.

What game modes do you play?

Yeah, I will add you. Welcome to squad up with myself and 2-3 others.

What game modes do you play?

Mostly hotwire , rescue and conquest , I'll play anything once i learn to sit and wait .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6I27mJyZi0 im just like Noob !

Dip Dip Tata Chip.

You will fit right in so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Ch1co

Lads do you mind adding me also? XB1 gt Ch1co123. I play mostly conquest but don't really mind playing the others too. Cheers!

Advertisement